Thread: Feedback for Samurai Warriors 4-ii

Default Feedback for Samurai Warriors 4-ii

To whom it may concern at Koei, cause I honestly have no idea if this will get anywhere. I've been a long standing fan of Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, and I would like to provide feedback on the games you publish so that maybe I could help improve them:

What to say about the game? I love it, and it hate at the same time. I've been a cult follower of Tecmo Koei and W OMEGA FORCE and the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors franchises. Simply put, I love them. The pc ports have gotten better with every installment which is nice, and they do nicely here with the amount of graphics options you can change.

Problem is on better systems when you turn the options all the way up, you get this film grain and lens flare with some saturation problems during cutscenes which really show the edges of the ps3 textures on the ps4 body textures. When using a controller, the keyboard button maps still show up instead of the controllers layout. I use a plug and play Xbox 360 controller. But thats not my main complaint of the game.

Samurai Warriors 4 and ii has to be the worst writing in all of the Samurai games

I can't be the only one who thinks this. Every chance they get, they try to illicit an emotional response from the viewer and cause drama. There is no sequential consistancy across the board because every faction changes up the story of what happened leading up to a certain point, much like the bible does with its denominations. Characters were introduced and killed off immediately so you coulnd't never play them in the story or you could just no straight up play them. ii is about characters stories my butt. Each faction was about 2-3 people and everyone else was just background characters. Its still faction based storytelling, and not that good at that.

They need to revamp the writing if they want the Samurai series to survive. Dynasty Warriors story actually keeps getting better, but nope, the Samurai series writing keeps declining. Except Chronicles. Thats some of the best storytelling since the first game. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendzerox View Post
    To whom it may concern at Koei, cause I honestly have no idea if this will get anywhere. I've been a long standing fan of Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, and I would like to provide feedback on the games you publish so that maybe I could help improve them:

What to say about the game? I love it, and it hate at the same time. I've been a cult follower of Tecmo Koei and W OMEGA FORCE and the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors franchises. Simply put, I love them. The pc ports have gotten better with every installment which is nice, and they do nicely here with the amount of graphics options you can change.

Problem is on better systems when you turn the options all the way up, you get this film grain and lens flare with some saturation problems during cutscenes which really show the edges of the ps3 textures on the ps4 body textures. When using a controller, the keyboard button maps still show up instead of the controllers layout. I use a plug and play Xbox 360 controller. But thats not my main complaint of the game.

Samurai Warriors 4 and ii has to be the worst writing in all of the Samurai games

I can't be the only one who thinks this. Every chance they get, they try to illicit an emotional response from the viewer and cause drama. There is no sequential consistancy across the board because every faction changes up the story of what happened leading up to a certain point, much like the bible does with its denominations. Characters were introduced and killed off immediately so you coulnd't never play them in the story or you could just no straight up play them. ii is about characters stories my butt. Each faction was about 2-3 people and everyone else was just background characters. Its still faction based storytelling, and not that good at that.

They need to revamp the writing if they want the Samurai series to survive. Dynasty Warriors story actually keeps getting better, but nope, the Samurai series writing keeps declining. Except Chronicles. Thats some of the best storytelling since the first game. Just my thoughts.

Twitter or Facepage is the place to be If you want to pass on anything to Koei or via one of those surveys. Providing that Koei are reading it of course....
    Sad to say, This place is pretty much vacant. With just news being passed on to the various guests.

Though. I agree with you about SW4....something was off.... I just cant wrap my head round it. Maybe it was Yukimura.... It seems extremely fixated on him, Kinda like that shoddy rip off... umm.... Sekukou basada i think it was called?
    A-Anyway, Sorry to go off tangent. Facebook or twitter dood.
    <a href=http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Other%20stuff/Disgaea4-1.png target=_blank>http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...Disgaea4-1.png</a>

I tend to read them and pass them over. So thanks for your feedback, Legendzerox.

You're not the first I've read who's criticized the writing. And I've also read opinions that have expressed how well the ports have been doing, but I have no personal experience or great judgement because I've never played them on PC/Steam.

Thread Information