PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce Starters Guide

LittleDragonZ
19-06-09, 07:51 PM
If you're playing single-player and are experiencing a tough challenge, please follow this short guide and you'll soon find your time with the game much easier. DW:SF was built to feature adhoc and to be played with friends, so it can be a little tough to play alone. At least til you get used to it and have equipped the right stuff to get into the swing of things. So you won't need much help after the first few chapters.

So here goes, I'll just bulletpoint it all. But note that the two tips last are seperate on purpose as they are perhaps extremely rewarding to take advantage of:

- Remember to play old sub-missions from the board when struggling, to get experience and to level yourself.
- Remember to check for the bonus tasks and try to complete those for extra experience.
- To pause the game press start, then scroll down to pause.
- You can check your movelist by selecting controls on the start menu mid-battle. So remember to use the character's triangle and R move and the character's forward, triangle and R move, too.
- The story missions via the guard (you must complete at least a single sub-board mission to unlock a story) seem to be marginally more difficult to those listed on the board. So, once again, use old missions to level and generally improve your chances of clearing a chapter in the long run.
- Sell your materials. I personally decided to keep things looking smooth, to sell any other material above 5, so if I found I needed one to make something, I had those in my stock. It's just a random number I chose, that's all. After all it's time consuming and tedious to be given small amounts of cash, money doesn't come to grasp that much and you'll find yourself needing expensive healing items as well. And keep in mind - the further down your material list, the rarer the material.
- In the town if your new to Strikeforce and don't know much, speak to the old man wearing white, he'll give you handy advice.
- Use your cards by selecting City Upgrade from the start menu in the town, as using these will rise experience for each place. After you see a full yellow bar, you can speak to the owner, give those selected materials and effectively allow better equipment and items to be sold. The highest is 6, but technically still level 5. Level 5 will be a full bar when maxed. And so when it's maxed the owner will give you a rare item in order to say thanks.

- Vital for making your time with the game so much simpler is to use the poison element found from various aspects of Strikeforce. Such as buy the Chi Arbor Orb and to make sure you purchase the very cheap, but extremely effective Woodstones from the Market. Be careful when using these though, as you could easily waste if not timed properly. A single Woodstone can deplete an officer to half his original health points. You will see a poisoned symbol over the officer's health bar and hear a noise when you've caught your target. After it's effect is worn, throw another. This is especially helpful against Lu Bu throughout the game.
- The above tip is more important at first, but when things start to pressure you more go ahead to the Academy and create Focus and Restore which heal your Fury and HP respectively, continously. Plus on the later chapters there comes into play the Invert and Absorb which when equipped with the two above will make you an unstoppable machine.

If you have any other advice to share please do. Thanks.

Evee
20-06-09, 10:26 AM
nice guide man, thanks for that

LittleDragonZ
20-06-09, 11:30 AM
You're welcome. I'd just decided to write it all down after reading some people struggle with getting use to the game on single-player.

The main point I would say is to make sure you use poison in the game, it will help you a lot. Which is why I've seperated the last two points from the rest.

Leady FF ^^
20-06-09, 01:35 PM
If you playing single player as well Id say the best load out to go for is spear and staff type weapon set. That limits your choice of characters a bit. Xu Zhu and Ling Tong seem well suited to me.

Evee
22-06-09, 07:40 AM
i would be keen to help if you guys wanna list all the 4- 5 star materials locations on this website

Leady FF ^^
22-06-09, 09:19 AM
That's a pretty good idea actually. And also the :'Legends' Box locations. I really need Zhou Yun's one and I cant find it. Anyone know?

LittleDragonZ
22-06-09, 10:52 AM
That's a pretty good idea actually. And also the :'Legends' Box locations. I really need Zhou Yun's one and I cant find it. Anyone know?
Zhao Yun or Zhou Yu? Never fear, the fanboy is here!

Zhao Yun's is in Chapter 4's A Dou Rescue. But if you wanted Zhou Yu's it's in Chapter 5's Strategist Gathering.

Evee
23-06-09, 08:14 AM

how would we do it? i reckon this post should be stickied and sticky the legends and materials threads, and then promote me to a moderator ;)

Leady FF ^^
23-06-09, 09:37 AM
Zhao Yun or Zhou Yu? Never fear, the fanboy is here!

I meant Zhao Yun, and thanks for the help! I'll get that tonite ^^

how would we do it? i reckon this post should be stickied and sticky the legends and materials threads, and then promote me to a moderator

if you can really make that list with high quality you can be life-mod of the DWSF boards ^^

Bahnyen
01-12-10, 04:28 PM
Hi i'm new to this topic.
I'd like to say thank you very much for a very good guide line. I just start play this game last week and I feel very good to found your guide especially about the story missions.