PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Music?

Gischie
22-01-09, 01:20 PM
As the title said, let's talk about music, about bands which make you dance, singer who blow your mind.

Shika
22-01-09, 05:09 PM
Dream Theater ! :D And Ayreon :) Then Symphony X, Blind Guardian, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, After Forever, Pain of Salvation, Angra, Epica, Iron Maiden, Queen, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Helloween, Queensrÿche.............

Insp. Chin
22-01-09, 05:34 PM
I explored a band called "Your Favorite Enemies" recently (I'm sure you know how I explored that out) but I quite love their songs and voice as well :)

God-Like Phoenix
23-01-09, 02:45 AM
Im sure the music that we get over hear might be different to over where you guys are, but well... my Ipod consists mainly of(A is for who I know is an aussie :p ):
-Ben Harper
-Ben Lee (A)
-Jack Johnson
-John Mayer
-Jason Mraz
-Missy Higgins (A)
-Pete Murray (A)
-Sam Sparro
-John Butler
-The Living End (A)
-Kings of Leon
-Snow Patrol

LewisSO
23-01-09, 08:44 PM
My favourite bands include...
Retard-O-Bot, Mindless Self Indulgence, Hollywood Undead, Foxy Shazam, Reel Big Fish, The Aquabats!, Suburban Legends, Secret Empire, Skindred, Billy Talent, Maximum the Hormone, Gollbetty, Yanni, Zolof TRARD, My Chemical Romance, and the list continues on and on... and on...

Sho-saka
25-01-09, 01:17 PM
>_< I'm going to hurt my brain, but it's mostly a bunch of Japanese music artists and video game composers. Though I've got a few bands that makes my ears comfortable.

Muse (Map of the Problemtique is the most repeated song I keep hitting back on my MP3 player and that their cover of Nina Simone's 'Feel Good' is actually really great. Unlike the two X Factor divas, whose voices are more or less sound the same, every time I hear them), Klaxons, Bloc Party, Radiohead, Editors, Sigor Ros, Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand, Gorillaz (I have to buy 'Monkey: Journey to the West' OST ASAP), Keane and a few of Take That's songs (the ManBand version, not the 90s one).

Gischie
25-01-09, 01:36 PM
Dream Theater ! :D And Ayreon :) Then Symphony X, Blind Guardian, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, After Forever, Pain of Salvation, Angra, Epica, Iron Maiden, Queen, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Helloween, Queensrÿche.............

That's Shika, of course Dream Theatre :p I remembered when you went to their concert at Paris!!!!

Shika
25-01-09, 03:06 PM
eh eh :p Dream Theater rules !
(but it's "theater", not "theatre" lol)

Gischie
25-01-09, 04:25 PM
eh eh :p Dream Theater rules !
(but it's "theater", not "theatre" lol)

Really sorry then?
:p Anyone knows Olivia Lufkin?

Shika
25-01-09, 09:07 PM
She's the one who sang the opening or ending of Nana :p
but I don't know what she sings^^'

Alonzo Orion
25-01-09, 10:04 PM
My taste is extremely broad, I like anything from Hip Hop to Death Metal so long as it has a good beat and sensible, mostly no non-sense lyrics, my favorite band is Metallica, I own the majority of their albums and study and quote their lyrics an awful lot.

d-man916
27-01-09, 09:41 AM
Too many to name but to name the main ones

Bob Marley
Jimi Hendrix
Thin Lizzy
James "Jim" Alan Johnston (creates more or less every WWE entrance theme)
And of course the music boys that perform KOEI music xD

Leady FF ^^
27-01-09, 10:30 AM
Jimi Hendrix - good choice!

I just bought a mixtape called the Black Chronic. JayZs Black Album over Dre's beats. i cant wait to listen to it ^^

God-Like Phoenix
27-01-09, 10:36 AM
Jimi Hendrix = awsomeness ^^

LOL...the only reason I know about JayZ is because of one of Ben Lee's songs "what would JayZ do" :p

Leady FF ^^
27-01-09, 11:06 AM
Fav Jimi Hendrix songs...for me All Along the Watch Tower (ok its more Dylan but Jimis is amazing) and Buring the Midnight Lamp (actually im not sure the title of that one).

I have Electric Lady Land in my car but the CD is totally destroyed so I havent been able to listen to it recenly -_-

God-Like Phoenix
27-01-09, 11:21 AM
Why dont you "Gan Ning" the CD off the internet then? ;P

d-man916
27-01-09, 01:47 PM
haha I just understand what you said GLP

I have about 30 of his songs on my phone most of his popular ones like
All along the watchtower
Voodoo Chile & the Slight Return version
Hey Joe
Foxy Lady
Hear my train comin
Hightway Chile
Spanish Castle Magic

All sorts but never heard Electric land lady yet O_O

Leady FF ^^
28-01-09, 10:13 AM
im no Gan Ning!!!

Alonzo Orion
28-01-09, 11:34 AM
Gan Ninging is ever so rude...

Shika
28-01-09, 04:34 PM
I recently read an article who said that a Danish research proved that people who download buy MORE cd-dvd-video games than people who don't, because it's a way to discover new artists you could have never know other way.

d-man916
28-01-09, 06:58 PM
im no Gan Ning!!!

I am a part Gan Ning

But not with Games though

Leady FF ^^
28-01-09, 11:01 PM
Shika - im sure thats not true myself (though i do think CD is too expensive in France. I wanted to buy one when I was at Avignon and it as 24EURO for one album!!) CRAZY!

Shika
28-01-09, 11:15 PM
Well, it happens that I "Gan Ning" music, but still I have almost 150 CDs, and I wouldn't buy a lot of them if I was not able to listen to it before. But when you really love something, you buy it, that's just the way it is^^ And I love music^^

Discordia
29-01-09, 10:59 AM
Ummmm.... T.I and J.t - Dead and Gone <3.

Xavier
29-01-09, 11:15 AM
I like a heck of a lot of bands/artists, but let's just say my musical taste ranges from Rock to Metal to Classical, and back. :p

legend fighter
29-01-09, 11:29 AM
My music taste is all over the place.
Most of the time i like heavy stuff like Dir En Grey and BMTH but you could catch me listening to pop XD

I'd say my main taste lies in rock music, of all sorts but mainly the heavy kind =)

Kenji Icarus
31-01-09, 11:55 AM
In my opinion, Seether sounds great. And the singer sounds like Kurt Cobain. Why didn't I get to know their music earlier?

By the Way: My favorite music is Nu Metal, Alternative, J-Rock and Industrial and sometimes Classic. But there a special artist from nearly every other music direction (e.g. Johnny Cash [Country], Roger Cicero [Big Band] etc.) that I also like.

Psycho_Ifrit
03-02-09, 01:03 PM
My favourite bands are the sex pistols, the clash, megadeath, x japan and gackt althrough i havent been able to get any of the last twos,s cds i have just been watching their videos on the internet

Outi
03-02-09, 01:40 PM
I listen to any genre of music and I don't care if the artist is mainstream or underground... As long as the music sounds good to me. I'd listen to Britney Spears if she ever made a song that I think is awesome.

I don't like any style or genre of music in particular. I just like certain artists... And when I check how many artists I have on my WMP, it says... 114. I listen to 114 artists.

Gischie
03-02-09, 01:51 PM
I listen to any genre of music and I don't care if the artist is mainstream or underground... As long as the music sounds good to me. I'd listen to Britney Spears if she ever made a song that I think is awesome.

I don't like any style or genre of music in particular. I just like certain artists... And when I check how many artists I have on my WMP, it says... 114. I listen to 114 artists.

lol that means one song per artist, but I agree with your theory, I mean I also listen to what I like, no matter what kind of music it is (well since I know my bf because before I stuck on one genre)

Outi
03-02-09, 02:07 PM
lol that means one song per artistUh, one song per artist...? I don't quite follow.

Gischie
03-02-09, 02:18 PM
Uh, one song per artist...? I don't quite follow.

you have 114 songs from 114 differents artist, that means for each song is a different artist = one song per artist.

Outi
03-02-09, 03:36 PM
No, read this:
And when I check how many artists I have on my WMP, it says... 114. I listen to 114 artists.I didn't say I had 114 songs on my WMP.
I said I have 114 artists on my WMP.
I have 3697 songs there.
That's something like 30+ songs per artist.

Gischie
03-02-09, 03:49 PM
No, read this:I didn't say I had 114 songs on my WMP.
I said I have 114 artists on my WMP.
I have 3697 songs there.
That's something like 30+ songs per artist.

ok sorry O_o for my misunderstanding

Outi
03-02-09, 06:45 PM
Apology accepted... mwah hah hah

Shika
03-02-09, 08:29 PM
But, Gischie, you now Dream Theater are the best ! :p lol

Dream Theater and Ayreon are my drugs. But when I try to make someone listen to it, they jsut listen the first minute and end saying it's bad. How can you judge an artist with various styles in only one minute >.<

Gischie
04-02-09, 08:26 AM
But, Gischie, you now Dream Theater are the best ! :p lol

Dream Theater and Ayreon are my drugs. But when I try to make someone listen to it, they jsut listen the first minute and end saying it's bad. How can you judge an artist with various styles in only one minute >.<

HAHAHAHAH yeah you convert me, addict!

God-Like Phoenix
04-02-09, 09:15 AM
LOL...lately ive grown quite a liking to Paramore... :rolleyes:

Outi
04-02-09, 03:25 PM
LOL...lately ive grown quite a liking to Paramore... :rolleyes:Omigod, ewww... ,D

d-man916
04-02-09, 04:04 PM
I dont really know why more or less everyone like metal >_<

UltimateWarrior
04-02-09, 04:09 PM
my Ipod consists mainly of(A is for who I know is an aussie :p ):
-Ben Harper
-Ben Lee (A)
-Jack Johnson
-John Mayer
-Jason Mraz
-Missy Higgins (A)
-Pete Murray (A)
-Sam Sparro
-John Butler
-The Living End (A)
-Kings of Leon
-Snow Patrol

Hey GLP. Good choice with Pete Murray. I went to see him live when I was last in Oz and he was superb. That's a pretty chilled out list. Perfect for kicking back on the beach and sinking a few tins while the barbie is sizzling away. You've made me jealous now.

There's some good stuff here I'll have to check out. Personally I like a bit of everything. I was very surprised to find myself liking the new Lily Allen song. So not my thing but it's a really catchy pop song. If you like trance music check out Someday by White Room featuring Amy Cooper. I only just discovered it but can't stop listening to it. What a tune. It's one of those ones that begs to be turned up loud and gets better and better as the song goes on. The new Killers album has some cool tracks on it too.

God-Like Phoenix
04-02-09, 09:45 PM
Hey GLP. Good choice with Pete Murray. I went to see him live when I was last in Oz and he was superb. That's a pretty chilled out list. Perfect for kicking back on the beach and sinking a few tins while the barbie is sizzling away. You've made me jealous now.
You lucky man :mad: Ive always wanted to go and see him live, hes my favourite out of my whole playlist, and his latest album "Summer at Eureka" is I think his best one so far, every song is just great in its own way :)

Thats the kind of music I really like, but with some of those other artists, I dont mind a bit of variety... just as long it sounds good, and not just trash

ZOMG... double post!!! :p

Chi-Chi Blanche
08-02-09, 11:57 AM
well, my music tastes vary greatly, but I seem to find a fave for each basic genre. My fave artists of all time are Michelle Branch, Minus the Bear, John Mayer, Sarah Brightman, Do As Infinity, Relient K, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Killing Heidi, the guys who made the music for Champloo (I've listened to some of their stuff outside of Champloo and it's still awesome :D), Apocalyptica, Architecture in Helsinki, Coldplay (though I'm not too sure about their latest album :S), Josh Pyke and probably others I can't remember.

Then there's others that I know a little and love so far, or only liked an album of like The Grates, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, System of a Down and 1997.

Jiahe
21-04-09, 02:03 AM
As far as my music taste goes, I tend to listen to alot of Evanescence (and I mean alot), Korn, Stereomud, Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, Aaliyah, Finger Eleven, Kelly Clarkson, Luca Turilli's Dreamquest, Puddle of Mudd, and a bunch of random one hit songs from artist that I like as well. Most of my other music will consist of a lot of video game and movie soundtracks ranging from Disney, Red Cliff, The Warlords, Final Fantasy, KOEI, Tekken, Soulblade, Soul Calibur, Zelda, and so forth.

deepfriedpotatoes
21-04-09, 03:50 PM
I have been addicted to Coldplay songs! I do listen to other bands' songs. :)

Insp. Chin
21-04-09, 09:41 PM
Well I listened to JT's "What Goes Around" whole day today!

Shika
22-04-09, 02:34 PM
As far as my music taste goes, I tend to listen to alot of Evanescence (and I mean alot)
Maybe you should try Stream of Passion, it's not the same thing, but there are some similarities (more or less)

God-Like Phoenix
22-04-09, 02:49 PM
Lately ive been listening to a lot of Jason Mraz and James Morrison, I just like that kind of music :)

Outi
22-04-09, 04:39 PM
Lately my taste in music has split into two major categories.
Most of the music I listen at the moment are either some type of dance music (Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson, Daft Punk, Róisín Murphy) or it has some sort of garage vibe to it (Beastie Boys, The White Stripes, PJ Harvey).

Gischie
22-04-09, 11:00 PM
This time around, I listened to Paramore but also to some old french music like Serge Gainsbourg and Edith Piaf, I don't know why I'm seeking for the heart and the beginning so why not to begin by my own country lol :p

Qing Long
23-04-09, 12:18 AM
Well, my brother & his buddy tried to play nicely the song Dark Night with their electric guitars, lol it wasn't bad but what they played didn't look like very much the music XD
I heard a mix between the Dark Night & a I don't know what song, during all the afternoon today lol XD

lol I also listen sometimes Serge Gainsbourg and Edith Piaf too, Gischie, they're still famous French artists ^^

Leady FF ^^
23-04-09, 09:40 AM
I recommend Pete Doherty's new album Grace/Wastelands. Lots of relaxing little songs on there too sing along to in the car ^^

Gischie
25-04-09, 03:22 PM
lol I also listen sometimes Serge Gainsbourg and Edith Piaf too, Gischie, they're still famous French artists ^^

Classics always stay the best ^^
Did you see the movie with Marion Cotillard about Edith Piaf's life?
Well I saw it once and I want to see it again, I can't believe such a talented artist could have such a rude life!

@Leady ff : that Pete's album is good :p

Qing Long
26-04-09, 11:04 AM
Yeah the classics songs are always nice ^^
I didn't see the movie yet, but yeah I wish to see it soon, to know more about her artist's careers & her life. Also have read somewhere that she has a rude life :s
Thanks for your advice about the movie :)

azzy2121
03-05-09, 05:52 PM
My music taste is quite broad but there's one minor detail; Most of it is Japanese.
My Current favourites:
ravex
Hamasaki Ayumi
Kanako Hoshino
Koda Kumi
Perfume
Maximum the Hormone
Jolin Tsai
Anna Tsuchiya
BeForU
Kosaka Riyu
LIA
Any artist that creates music for Bemani games

I'm gonna stop there. We'd be here forever.

Shika
06-05-09, 07:36 PM
If you like Dream Theater, here is a big new : you can download one song of the next album here : http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/ariteofpassage/
Of course it's legal and free BUT you can download it today only. If you don't, you'll still be able to listen the song on the Roadrunner site.
It's available only for one day, but since it's a 'US day', it's not the same time for you (except if you live in the US of course...)

Oh, and there will be a super extra deluxe collector edition box set with 4 CD, 2 LP, an numeroted illustration, etc...

Yurisatan
08-05-09, 12:08 PM
Well i prefer mostly rock music.. that of 80`s & i listen to classic music cause it really relax me when im nervous :)

God-Like Phoenix
18-05-09, 08:56 AM
Ben Harper's new album "White Lies for Dark Times" is quite a good album, one that I would recommend to others. He is now with a new band, Relentless 7, and that has given his music more of a rock/blues kind of feel, but he still has a few of his softer songs.

The single that came out of the album "Shimmer and Shine" is a great example of the new rock style that has come out of the transition to the new band, its got a catchy sound and the lyrics are really quite good, something you would usually expect from Ben Haprer. Some of the other good rock based songs on the album would be the frist two songs, "Number With No Name" and "Up to You Now", as well as "Fly One Time" and "Keep It Together(So I can fall apart)".

The fourth track on the album, "Lay There & Hate Me" is a really good bluesy sounding song, with a chorus that I really like, making this song one of my favourites for the album. Of the eleven tracks, only three are relatively soft songs, those being "Skin Thin", "The Word Suicide" and "Faithfully Remain". Skin Thin is a good song, but not really one of my favourites, although the other two, The Word Suicide and Faithfully Remain, are quite good songs, with a nice and easy feel, and as you would expect with a title like those, the lyrics have quite a deep meaning which just makes the songs even better :)

Uhh...yeah...thats it, so thats why everyone should get the album, and as I said, its called "White Lies for Dark Times" and by Ben Harper and Relentless 7.

Gischie
18-05-09, 08:21 PM
Facades first album with the ballads "soft sequence". it's a new french band, not really known yet, they just made a soundtrack for a serial TV that I watched all the summer and because I really love that song, my boyfriend bought me their CD at Xmas.
http://www.myspace.com/facadesmusic

Enjoy the peace!!!!

Chi-Chi Blanche
18-06-09, 05:01 AM
Ben Harper's new album "White Lies for Dark Times" is quite a good album, one that I would recommend to others. He is now with a new band, Relentless 7, and that has given his music more of a rock/blues kind of feel, but he still has a few of his softer songs.

The single that came out of the album "Shimmer and Shine" is a great example of the new rock style that has come out of the transition to the new band, its got a catchy sound and the lyrics are really quite good, something you would usually expect from Ben Haprer. Some of the other good rock based songs on the album would be the frist two songs, "Number With No Name" and "Up to You Now", as well as "Fly One Time" and "Keep It Together(So I can fall apart)".

The fourth track on the album, "Lay There & Hate Me" is a really good bluesy sounding song, with a chorus that I really like, making this song one of my favourites for the album. Of the eleven tracks, only three are relatively soft songs, those being "Skin Thin", "The Word Suicide" and "Faithfully Remain". Skin Thin is a good song, but not really one of my favourites, although the other two, The Word Suicide and Faithfully Remain, are quite good songs, with a nice and easy feel, and as you would expect with a title like those, the lyrics have quite a deep meaning which just makes the songs even better :)

Uhh...yeah...thats it, so thats why everyone should get the album, and as I said, its called "White Lies for Dark Times" and by Ben Harper and Relentless 7.

ohh my sister loves Ben Harper i'll have to let her know :D