PDA

View Full Version : DW6 Empires First Impressions

Onislash
25-06-09, 04:38 AM
I got the game. No doubt many people will be getting soon, so why not a topic?

Anyway a few things are looking interesting to me as I am looking at a friend playing it (I am supposed to be doing other things.. :o). I will answer any questions if you have any.

Every trophy is secret:eek:.

Thadius
25-06-09, 09:23 AM
Yeah and the mysterious mention of Add on content on the back of the box, hmmmm we shall have to wait and see.

silvertongue
25-06-09, 11:15 AM
Well I've just got mine through the door and I'm installing it onto my harddrive before I play. The menu screens look great, I know that's a real geeky thing to say but it's true.
Got my 3 lovely dog tags too of Zhuge Liang, Gan Ning & Zhang Liao.

I will post more once I've actually played more of it :)

Kyz99
25-06-09, 11:16 AM
Its not out until tomorrow though :S

God-Like Phoenix
25-06-09, 11:20 AM
I might actually try and get it this weekend, and since Onislash has been able to get it, means that I should be able to get it as well (^.^)

silvertongue
25-06-09, 11:29 AM
Its not out until tomorrow though :S

I pre-ordered mine from GAME and it came today. Sometimes when I've pre-ordered from GAME they've been delivered on Wednesday. That's the joys of pre-ordering. :)

Onislash
25-06-09, 11:33 AM
I might actually try and get it this weekend, and since Onislash has been able to get it, means that I should be able to get it as well (^.^)

Dont worry, there is plenty around. As long as there is a GAME or EB near you.

Quite a lot of trophys are rather easy. Just finish a battle.

Kyz99
25-06-09, 11:51 AM
Oh i gotta wait till tomorrow great :/

BEHEMOTH
25-06-09, 01:32 PM
It's only tomorrow! then it'll be all mine mwa ha ha ha!

silvertongue
25-06-09, 01:49 PM
Ok I gotta say I love it!
Just created my first character Lady Wu! Started Yellow Turban Rebellion but haven't actually done anything with it yet as I've been busy doing some Mercenary missions. I have a feeling this is gonna be a mammoth of a game and take quite a while to complete.

Yay! :)

Onislash
25-06-09, 02:19 PM
Ive been going for 3 hours as an officer and have not completed that particular story. Its long alright :D

StratocasterEv
25-06-09, 03:48 PM
I've just created my own character, he's incredibly old, then I've done some mercenary missions and I have to say this is one of the best games on the 360 in my opinion. Excellent work Koei!

LittleDragonZ
25-06-09, 05:31 PM
@silvertongue: You got the same tags as me!

Game is fun, I'm liking being able to change music in the strategy phase, and the random music feature.

Right now playing as Zhao Yun, tried to overthrow Gongsun Zan lol, but it failed due to endless enemies. Though now under Yuan Shao.

silvertongue
25-06-09, 05:56 PM
@silvertongue: You got the same tags as me!

Game is fun, I'm liking being able to change music in the strategy phase, and the random music feature.

Right now playing as Zhao Yun, tried to overthrow Gongsun Zan lol, but it failed due to endless enemies. Though now under Yuan Shao.

I was hoping for Sun Jian but Zhuge Liang will do as his replacement!

As for the endless enemies they just come and come and never seem to stop, it's fab!

:)

LittleDragonZ
25-06-09, 06:02 PM
You may think it's strange there's no Cao Cao or Liu Bei forces in Zhang Jiao's scenario. There is Sun Jian, though. I've been told Cao Cao has been seen under He Jin, yet Liu Bei was seen somewhere running around. I've got to hunt that young chap down! :cool:

And yes I lost that mission due to all the officers bugging me and stuggling to take the last base in time.

silvertongue
25-06-09, 08:43 PM
And yes I lost that mission due to all the officers bugging me and stuggling to take the last base in time.

That happened to me a couple of times but once you've earned some money and strengthened your weapons and upped your stats a bit things start to get a little ( and i mean little) easier.

So I've been serving under He Jin for a while and then this peasant came begging for my help to free them of his ruling in their city. What was I supposed to do? I couldn't refuse so I did what only Lady Wu would do and freed them and now I'm their ruler.......for now, lol!

Funny thing is I think it's only the surface that I've touched so far, there's so much to do!

This along with Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce rate as my favourite Warriors game.

Good job Koei!!

Thadius
25-06-09, 10:59 PM
Been playing a 2 player game with my girlfriend, started as Lui Bei on yellow turban rebellion and jumped ship from Yuan shao to Ding Yuan. The only minor complaint is the fact you have to wait to make a friend before a second player can when you play as an officer. I assume the ruler gameplay is different.

Created my first character "Yu Becha" using Dian Wei's weapon :)
And my tags: Sun Shang Xiang - Zhang Fei - Sima Yi

LittleDragonZ
26-06-09, 05:37 AM
People are not happy that they have not improved Ruler mode, but spent all the time on Officer mode which is great. Though I've found myself overlevelling playing those Mercenary battles. Medium is too easy right now and won't get harder unless Sun Jian does take over more and more.

Babysitting seems to be back at full force. They can't last a minute when the morale is not going your way.

cheat07
26-06-09, 12:06 PM
Its a bummer as a ruler you can only recruit 15 officers in total thats less than the original empires!! still the officer mode is pretty cool.

Onislash
26-06-09, 02:15 PM
Finished 1 officer mode. The ending is pretty funny.

BEHEMOTH
26-06-09, 03:30 PM
I've just purchased my copy, shall be playing very soon.

nathan89ting
26-06-09, 07:13 PM
i got my copy yesterday and played for 10 hours non stop!! its been inproved in a big major way well done koei another hit!!! :D

Thadius
26-06-09, 08:59 PM
Officer mode is more fun to play then Ruler, plenty more options compared. I like the fact that theoretically you could keep a campaign running forever by defecting to the smaller faction and fighting for them, not bad for those who want to complete the mercenary missions.

Easy is reallllllly easy, when you have all the buffs and pre battle abilities. Still though it is the best of the empire series yet, I wonder what all that DLC on the japanese PSN store will add :)

Captain Ashton
26-06-09, 09:32 PM
Heres my advice: Get it.
Its a completely different experience to the other Empires games. Theres so much more to do, and the veriety in edit characters is incredible. I've spent over an hour already creating my own officers.

BEHEMOTH
26-06-09, 10:24 PM
Played it for ages, loved it, got a good lil army with me. MASSIVE song selection! lots of clothing and other items for create a character.

Nevfx
26-06-09, 11:29 PM
You may think it's strange there's no Cao Cao or Liu Bei forces in Zhang Jiao's scenario. There is Sun Jian, though. I've been told Cao Cao has been seen under He Jin, yet Liu Bei was seen somewhere running around. I've got to hunt that young chap down! :cool:

Yeah, Cao Cao starts as a He Jin forces officer.

I started the YT scenario with Cao Pi, joined He Jin, then Zhang Liao, friend, suggested I rebel, so I do, win battle, become Ruler.

Screwed up. I had about 2,000 income and 4,000 in expenses. I stepped down and joined Sun Jian.

Then i defectd to YT , and stayed with them. Completed in 8:36. LONG time, but fun.

I love how each character has a trophy just by using a winning a battle with them.

CuckooBanana
27-06-09, 12:26 AM
what happens to your character after you beat empire mode? does his stats and level and stuff go back to where it started?

silvertongue
27-06-09, 01:10 AM
I can't believe I've just got married to Xu Huang, well my character Lady Wu did! I was kinda hoping she'd marry Sun Jian but it wasn't meant to be. He brings me gifts every so often, it's so surreal. I've noticed a typo in a conversation between Lady Wu & Xu Huang. Xu Huang was talking and was sayin "I beg you forgiveness" but it actually read "I bet you for forgiveness", tutt tutt!

Still playing the Yellow Turban Rebellion and now serving under Sun Jian, I've been asked to defect a couple of times but refused. There's so much to do!

So how many have created and used your own custom characters or have you stuck with the roster of characters?

CuckooBanana
27-06-09, 02:49 AM
I've used my custom characters not that roster given.

Onislash
27-06-09, 05:16 AM
what happens to your character after you beat empire mode? does his stats and level and stuff go back to where it started?

Stats and level yes, weapons and horses possibly. Theres is a bonus menu in the starting screen that decides a few things.

Jiahe
27-06-09, 03:37 PM
I was kinda clueless to what I was doing at first but now I am in Land in Chaos with my CAW (Quan Ji) who has a faction with Sun Quan and Cao Ren as my Ruler.

I was surprised to see they changed Quan's quotes around with "Hah, another fallen to my blade!" instead of the original "This officer bows before the might of the Sun family!" No complaints here except for the horrendous change in Lu Meng's voice completely. >.<

BEHEMOTH
27-06-09, 03:45 PM
Yeah so was I, I was clueless, but now I am dominating !

LittleDragonZ
27-06-09, 09:09 PM
Vagrant is easy, but Ruler is another story. Well, taking into account these factors; troop count, land and morale. All will reveal how hard or simple it can be to win battles or take over pieces of land. It's one of the first real times where morale and using tactics is incredibly vital, especially the latter being important because that's what the game is largely depending on.

Stick with your allies and gain morale <---- Best pre-game advice :p

Nevfx
27-06-09, 11:04 PM
Stats and level yes, weapons and horses possibly. Theres is a bonus menu in the starting screen that decides a few things.

There level always resets, I'm sure my Cao Pi did. Using the bonus points you can keep weapon level, horses, start with more gold, resources/actions or a gem.

Levels always reset. I'm sure. I've cleared YT and Guan Du scenario, so after this Chi Bi one I'll check.

Question, are there special battles, like YTR?

silvertongue
28-06-09, 02:25 AM
I can't believe that I'm still doing YT. It's not that it's hard it's just that I really like the mercenary missions. My character Lady Wu is level 50,a Viceroy and her weapon is at the max of level 10 so doing anything is pretty easy now. I'm just a bit gutted that your character doesn't carry their level over to the next scenario. China is down to the majority being ruled by Sun Jian, about 3 parts to Meng Hou and some to Dong Zhou.

Are there new mercenary missions on the next chapter or are they pretty much the same?

Onislash
28-06-09, 02:38 AM
Seems so, Ive seen no new mercenary missions on Guan Du scenario.

silvertongue
28-06-09, 09:36 AM
Seems so, Ive seen no new mercenary missions on Guan Du scenario.

So does that mean that when you move on to the next chapter that the ones you completed stay as completed with a tick next to them and obviously the ones you haven't don't?

Onislash
28-06-09, 10:03 AM
It is reset completely, the first missions you did in YTR are the same ones in whatever new scenarios. If you are still confused just start a new officer file and what missions appears there, is the same on any scenario (no complete "ticks")

silvertongue
28-06-09, 10:35 AM
It is reset completely, the first missions you did in YTR are the same ones in whatever new scenarios. If you are still confused just start a new officer file and what missions appears there, is the same on any scenario (no complete "ticks")

Not confused now just wanted to make sure. I certainly won't be completing all the missions again though, well not as yet anyway, lol!

Thanks Onislash :)

legalle
16-03-11, 03:43 PM
Just got the game now. I got my PS3 in Xmas and only this weekend I found a copy of DWS6E on a cheap price which was actually in stock. Looks very good. I think its the koei game I like most for PS3 (I have Ken's Rage, DWG2 and DWSF). It should serve me well until DW7 comes out.

Superbuu3
19-03-11, 04:47 PM
Just got the game now. I got my PS3 in Xmas and only this weekend I found a copy of DWS6E on a cheap price which was actually in stock. Looks very good. I think its the koei game I like most for PS3 (I have Ken's Rage, DWG2 and DWSF). It should serve me well until DW7 comes out.
I thought it was greqat at first and then i got very very bored of it as all the characters feel the same.

Ken's Rage i absolutely loved and i definitely got 200 hour of gameplay out of gundam 2 so i loved that to.

legalle
21-03-11, 04:33 PM
Yeah I liked Ken a lot however there were a few things which I didn't quite like in it. Minor things mind you, but still annoying. Mainly I found the levels a bit too long for my taste, and there were areas in which I WAS getting lost (prolly cause my telly broke down and am playing on really small one for now).

DWG2 - To be fair I haven't given the game a proper shot yet, however I didn't really get into it. Played a couple of levels and found it boring.

DW6E - Have given it quite a bit of play (even though I just got it) and I can see that it can get boring quickly, hopefully though it will last me another month and 1/2 or so until I get LOT and DW7.

Superbuu3
21-03-11, 05:37 PM
My advice finish the legend modes in ken's rage till you at least get dream mode unlocked and start playing in that it plays exactly as the dynasty warriors you are familiar with. Once characters levelled, you'll really see why it is by far the best game koei has made to date. Also all the characters play really differently if you've only played with one your missing out on a large part of the game. Personally i enjoyed, Jagi/Toki/rei the most.

If you know gundam just goto mission mode and ignore official mode for now, choose a character you liked and play with them. I played with milliardo as he was by far my favourite character in the series. Unlocking all of the pilot abilites and levelling your character and the pilot licenses is what makes the game so awesome. If you just play with low level characters and don't earn the licenses you really won't see what the gundams are capable of. When your better at the game tackle official mode as it is actually really hard. Especially when you have to fly the crap gundams. Keep in mind all the gundams in official mode are generally the old ones so they suck. If you really have no clue who to play as in mission mode i recommend, Milliardo/domon there probably the most fun, Seabrook was another one that was pretty good but you really need to find the gundam suited to you.

DW6:E was the only game i've ever played out of the koei games that i got bored of within a couple of hours. There's absolutely no incentive to play it that much. Unless you like trophies but even then you can platinum it in around 5-10 hours. Whereas Ken's Rage takes 50 hours and gundam 2 around 200 hours.

legalle
05-04-11, 04:47 PM
Thanks Superbuu3.

Not just for this post but for the good review links you usually share as well.

It looks like really great and I tend to agree with you. Although I'm still playing DWE6 Empires I soon realized that it was really flat and not as good as DWE5.

Re Ken's Rage, yeah I've unlocked Dream Mode but was mostly playing the story mode. Will give it a serious go, cause it actually looked much more similar to DW.

Re Gundam I really needed your advice. I don't know anything about the series and will give it another try going for mission mode first.

I should get DW7 and LOT in May (cause I have my birthday then) and look forward to playing on line with you (Last I heard it can be done on DW7).

legalle
11-04-11, 02:50 PM
Hey Superbuu3 took your advice and spent the whole weekend playing Gundam 2. Wow. Now that I started playing the Mission mode I really got into it. It's like a whole different game. Am also mighty glad that 3 is in the pipeline. My wife also digged it. However, at the moment we're taking turns, since my TV is so small that we can't see anything if we play co-op. But I should get a new TV at the end of the month.

I'm finding the game rather hard. At first I couldn't get past the first story mission no matter with which character I played. The first one I managed to get through with was with Shinn, and am trying to complete all his missions now. Then I discovered the tutorial which helped a bit although the big Gundams are still a pain.

Am also looking for the Anime, though there seem to be quite a bit.

DWForever
08-06-11, 01:08 AM
The problem with DW6E is that the levels are generally easy once you power a few characters up and it becomes repetitive the way the stages are set up. I'll admit, I played it for awhile just cuz I loved making my own characters (I had 17 by the time I finished) and it was definitely a step up from the Create-A-Warrior mode in DW4. I maxed the achievements out within 2 months of play, though and eventually I moved on to WO2 that had more variance in its gameplay and stage setups.

I don't consider DW6E a waste of money since I bought it used for about $25 but had I spent $50-$60 on it when it first came out, I'd probably be pissed. LOL