PDA

View Full Version : Your other gaming interests aside from KOEI?

LittleDragonZ
22-01-09, 03:42 PM
Apart from Koei's titles, especially when younger I was, or would like to think, was a real Final Fantasy fan. Later I bought Kingdom Hearts after fearing a few years of the Disney characters lol. But found it quite the past experience and enjoyed very much both KH1 and 2.

Aside from the above, I'm a Tomb Raider fan, and buy the odd Devil May Cry and other blockbusters if they get high scores.

SunAndSteel
22-01-09, 05:45 PM
I'd say I'm actually more of a fan of fighting games than even of KOEI games.

Ever since a young age I'd been hooked on Street Fighter 2, and enjoyed Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Blade, Bloody Roar and Dead Or Alive at the take off of the 3D fighter.

With Street FIghters' absence over the years I found myself searching further for good 2D fighters, becoming ingrossed with both the King Of Fighters and Guilty Gear series of games, as well as some of SNK's lesser known titles when my budget will stretch to accomodate importing. I'd say anyone who's intrested in the samurai mithos and fighting games shold give Last Blade a try, a game which is beautiful to watch and listen to, and more importantly great fun to play!

So at the moment I'm eagerly awaiting Street FIghter IV, hoping that it makes up for essentially 10 years of inactivity on the fighting front for Capcom. ( Capcom Fighting Jam doesn't count before you ask... )

I do enjoy other games, I should point out, but fighting games are my passion. :D

LittleDragonZ
22-01-09, 06:21 PM
I use to play SF2 mate. Me and my mate played it all the time and loved it. It's the prime reason I'm getting back into it by buying SF4 on the 20th Feb.

Ruka
22-01-09, 07:52 PM
I'm more into RPG games such as Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Fire Emblem, Suikoden, etc.

Despise not being a fan of Disney KH was a great experience and i'm looking forward to the upcoming titles and those who might come later on.

I'm also a fan of fighting games such as Soul Calibur, Tekken, KoF and Guilty Gear. Pretty good games to play with a couple friends.

Adding two of my favorite titles; Devil May Cry and Resident Evil series.

HebiYaro
22-01-09, 11:04 PM
I have a lot of games, since I never sold a game, even after having finished it. But I love some more than the others.
Like...
Final Fantasy
Various Square-Enix games
Tomb Raider
Tenchu
Various Koei Games
Soul Calibur
Dead or Alive (just the fighting games and not the beachvolley's ones or whatever it is ^^)

foamy666
22-01-09, 11:17 PM
I'm mainly into strategy games both real and turn based with the Civlisation, C&C and Warlords series being my favourites.

Also a horror nut and a big fan of the Silent Hill series bar homecoming and the PSP one and the Resident Evil series.

RPG's I'm not into the Jap rpg's more into Fallout, the eldar scrolls and Baldurs gate type.

Finally I also like games where their is not much story or anything just games where your given a heck of a lot of weapons or cool kit and have to slaughter tons of enemies like the original dooms, painkiller, DMC, Unreal tournament and God of war.

God-Like Phoenix
23-01-09, 01:55 AM
Hmm, the games that have on the 360 that arent Koei, and I really like playing...they would have to be:
-Soul Calibur 4(just awsome)
-NBA09
-FIFA09 (last night beat my brother 12-6 :D )
-Fable2 (another brillient game)
-Naruto:The Broken Bond

LewisSO
24-01-09, 12:05 AM
Super Mario Bros. Series
Pokemon Series
Kirby Series
I love Nintendo games. Except for Metroid. They ruined it.

Lady Sun
25-01-09, 04:24 PM
I like alot of games.

Fallout series,
DMC series,
GTA series,
Tekken Series,

ahh too many to mention!

Lady Sun
25-01-09, 04:24 PM
Super Mario Bros. Series
Pokemon Series
Kirby Series
I love Nintendo games. Except for Metroid. They ruined it.

I find Nintendo games too childish for me. But OK for a laugh. But I can't play them for hours on end.

zhaoyun456
25-01-09, 06:24 PM
besides KOEI games i play Kh,KH:ReCoM, and KH2

Alonzo Orion
26-01-09, 09:46 AM
I'm a fan of the general Sims and classic Final Fantasy series (produced by Square Soft for Playstation 1).
Besides that I like alot of interactive hack and slash reality based games along with the occasional gungames I play at a friends house.

Ma Su
26-01-09, 10:35 AM
Metal Gear Solid, Neverwinter Nights, Heroes of Might and Magic, and Final Fantasy are the only series I have kept up so far

Li Nan
26-01-09, 10:41 AM
I play
Final Fantasy Series
Tekken Series
SingStar Series
thats it!

silvertongue
27-01-09, 01:10 AM
Other games i like are:

Final Fantasy Series
Persona Series
Anything that's an RPG!
Soul Calibur series
Tekken Series
Devil May Cry series
Tomb Raider series
The list is endless!

One of my all time favourite RPG's is MagnaCarta: Tears Of Blood for the PS2. I loved every minute of that game. The voice acting is absolutely horrendous though, lol!

ManaAlchemist
29-01-09, 05:14 PM
I'm a fan of many series, but these are probably the ones i care most about except for Koei game series.

Luminous Arc
Tales of ... (Love this series really alot so i'm really sad that Namco Bandai doesn't release more such titles here)
Shadow Hearts
The older Final Fantasy games (FF I to X)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Fire Emblem
Metroid Prime
Grandia
Phantasy Star Online
Star Ocean
And most fighting games (except for Street Fighter which is probably the worst fighting games I've ever seen or played)

The3KingdomsWiz
29-01-09, 08:20 PM
I like lots of other games:
Call of Duty series
WWF NO MERCY for Nintendo 64
WWE Here Comes The Pain! for PS2
Crashed PS2 game
Demolition Racers for PSone
Destruction Derby 1 and 2 for PSone
Soul Calibur II for PS2
Vietcong 1 and 2 for PC
World Rally Championship 2 for PS2
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for PS2
Grand Theft Auto IV for XBOX 360
Rallisport Challenge 1 and 2 for XBOX
Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for Gamecube
FIFA 2002 and FIFA 2003 for PS2
Goldeneye for Nintendo 64
Super Mario for Nintendo 64
Diddy Kong Racing for Nintendo 64
Pokemon Leafgreen for Gameboy Advance
Dead Or Alive series
The Sims series for PC
Most of these games I liked when I was alot younger, but they still are my favourites beside KOEI games.

Jiahe
29-01-09, 08:28 PM
I use to be into the Final Fantasy series but not anymore. The only RPG game I am into is Jeanne D'arc right now. I am into a lot of fighting games like Tekken and the Soul series plus racing games such as Destruction Derby. I am not into a lot of sport games except for Hot Shots Golf, tennis, and bowling.

Sho-saka
31-01-09, 10:02 PM
I'm a huge Adventure and JRPG fan, so my list is pretty big, though I've a list that has reduced the size to my favourite gems...

ICO
Shadow of the Colossus
Prince of Persia (the new one, haven't played the DS one yet)
Okami
Flower, Sun and Rain (like the plot more than the game itself XP)
Another Code
The World Ends with You
Ace Attorney series
Shadow Hearts I and II

Psycho_Ifrit
03-02-09, 03:07 PM
im into final fantasy, civilaisation and soul calibre series

Onislash
03-02-09, 03:13 PM
Role Playing Games mainly like:

Shadow Hearts
Wild Arms
Suikoden

Outi
03-02-09, 05:35 PM
Well...
I like RPGs, obviously. About 1/3 of my games are RPGs. I used to be a big fan of the Final Fantasy series (just like everybody else), Nippon Ichi TRPGs, Breath of Fire and Shin Megami Tensei series. Nowadays I tend to judge RPGs as individual games and I'm keeping an eye out for any new, interesting experiences.
But in all honesty though... I'm still gonna buy FFXIII, just because it's FF.

Also I'm a big fan of 2D fighters, especially King of Fighters and Street Fighter... Also Darkstalkers... 3D fighters... Soul Calibur...

I like action games too (who doesn't?). Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry and Yakuza are some of my favourite action series.
I love adventure games, like Okami and Shadow of the Colossus... I'm also a very big fan of horror games. Silent Hill is one of my all time favourite game series... Resident Evil too... also, I think Dead Space was a pretty solid game.

And last, but not least, I love old games.
I got a NES emulator so I can play the original Mega Man series. I got Taito Legends 2 for PS2... I love the vertical scrolling shooters... and... yeah.

EDIT:

OH-MY-GOD!
This is going to be one helluva gaming month for me!

Feb 20th - Street Fighter IV
Feb 25th - Killzone 2
Feb 27th - Silent Hill: Homecoming

... I don't know how I'll be able to handle all this...

Oddman
12-02-09, 06:45 PM
omg europe IS that lame? i mean homecoming....its been atleast 6 months already...geez.

oh and i played through dead space. facking awesome. loved. got scared of it. yeah the usual stuff.

oh and i like...well mostly the smae things outi does plus fps' and....ummmm.....dunno...if its a fun game i play it.

Gadner Bhan
11-03-09, 03:58 AM
I think RPG's and Fighting are the game genres I like most. Final Fantasy Series gave me endless hours of fun, and generally Squaresoft, now Square- Enix, it's one of my favorites companies in this area.

I played lots and lots of fighting games, both 2D and 3D, Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, World Heroes, Darkstalkers, Plasma Sword, Power Stone, Cyberbots, Martial Masters, Samurai Shodown, King of Fighters, Red Earth, Rage of the Dragons, Battle Arena Toshinden, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, The Last Blade, Asura Buster, Dead or Alive, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter and many more were some of the games I played over and over. I still do every now and then.

From time to time I play some other great games; Resident Evil, Sonic Adventure, Metal Gear (this has to be one of the greatest games I've ever known), God of War, etc, etc, etc...

And all this with just PSX and PS2, since I don't have a PS3 or X-Box 360 yet. But I worry not. Soon...soon... And I can be patient. Once I have them, I'll play untill my eyes rots...bwahahahahaa!!!