PDA

View Full Version : Sakura Wars: So Long My Love (Wii)

landlock
08-07-09, 01:39 PM
According to Play.com and Amazon UK. Tecmo Koei are picked up Nippon Ichi/Sega's Sakura Wars game on the Wii.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sakura-Wars-Long-Love-Wii/dp/B002DPUJCE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1246997839&sr=1-1

The original series' was about Sakura a maiden who was part of a musicial treatre toupe who battled in mecha against invading on there city/Japan.

I not really that familar with this one based on one of the later anime ova's all I know is it's now set in America and follows a similar story. :)

No word on the PS2 version that America is getting aswell.

ManaAlchemist
08-07-09, 01:47 PM
Really nice if it's true. :D I wonder though if there's any difference between the Wii and PS2 versions (because if there's some difference it'd be nice if both were to come).

Onislash
08-07-09, 02:15 PM
I have not seen any differences mentioned in various posts on the game so probably not.

Sakura Wars looks interesting, as I always have a liking for mecha battles (not so much the other part).

Leady FF ^^
08-07-09, 02:29 PM
It's coming. I played Sakurau Taisen 1 and 2 on Saturn and I have been waiting for ages to be able to do these games in English as they are some of the best. I'm just a bit gutted that it doesnt have the original girl line-up in the new one.

Onislash
08-07-09, 02:35 PM
Theres your proof, TwilightRijax :D

Just the Wii version is it?

Leady FF ^^
08-07-09, 02:47 PM
Yes. Just Wii for Europe. We'll have the product page for this and Badman! up soon, Insp. Chin is working on them now.

Onislash
08-07-09, 03:03 PM
Honestly, It has been a very long while since I was interested in a Wii game. I will certainly look at the product page closer to release date.

The listing is correct so is March 2010 the projected release date?

Leady FF ^^
08-07-09, 03:11 PM
yer Q1 2010

Onislash
08-07-09, 03:13 PM
Thank you.

ManaAlchemist
08-07-09, 05:24 PM
Awesome! :D Though i guess now there's only one PS2 game I'm waiting for (Mana Khemia 2, please Tecmo Koei, bring it over :D) since this'll be for the Wii then. Also will it be 2 discs (one with Japanese voices and one with the English voices) like in America here too? Because that'd be even more awesome. :D

And BTW, will Badman be PSN only like in America?

Leady FF ^^
08-07-09, 08:40 PM
Is that true Badman is PSN only in the States? You have a link for that? ty

Onislash
09-07-09, 01:58 AM
Yes, it is. I cant post a link on the PS3 but there are articles on the US playstation blog, eurogamer.

EDIT: Here (http://www.nisamerica.com/news/20090624.html)

Straight from NIS Americas site.

Leady FF ^^
09-07-09, 09:17 AM
Thanks very much Onislash.

Onislash
11-07-09, 10:41 AM
Sure.

Awesome! Though i guess now there's only one PS2 game I'm waiting for (Mana Khemia 2, please Tecmo Koei, bring it over ) since this'll be for the Wii then.

Although I as well would like to see this in a format I can play, I do not fancy the chances as the PS2 games seem to be drying up fast in Europe and I cant imagine in 1/2 a year that PS2 games would be still being released in Europe. SMT: Devil Summoner 2 is also something I would like, by the way of requests. ;)

NecoDelero
23-09-09, 11:51 AM
The one thing that I want to know the most: Will the european version also include the japanese voice acting?

Leady FF ^^
23-09-09, 12:48 PM
Sorry, don't know yet but will check.

Onislash
23-09-09, 12:54 PM
The american version seems to, if you get a collectors edition. Thats a start but l guess NIS needs to decide whether Europe is different, I suppose.

ManaAlchemist
24-09-09, 05:01 AM
Actually isn't every game in the US coming with 2 discs of the game with one being english audio and the other japanese?

Well anyways i hope that It'll be like that in europe, or at least that they chose only the japanese if they're only doing one disc.

Leady FF ^^
24-09-09, 05:03 PM
I asked NISA today. They said they are still looking into wether the Japanese voice track can be included for Europe.

NecoDelero
24-09-09, 09:53 PM
Thanks, I really hope it will be included. Importing isn't really an option with PS2 and Wii.

Leady FF ^^
25-09-09, 08:59 AM
I think we will only have the Wii version for Europe. Although that is not 100% decided yet.

Onislash
25-09-09, 09:38 AM
Interesting, I do agree with the import comment. There is still some games that I still want for the PS2.

El_Patas
27-11-09, 04:36 PM
I think we will only have the Wii version for Europe. Although that is not 100% decided yet.

Please, come on, bring us the Ps2 version also for Europe!!

I know a lot of people who likes buy the Pal version of Ps2,
and i hope it is published here!!

Best regards.

Leady FF ^^
30-11-09, 08:38 AM
As far as I know the PS3 version won't be available in Europe.

ManaAlchemist
11-12-09, 06:00 PM
I just read that in USA, the PS2 version will be the only version with a special edition that includes the Japanese voices, so the Wii version there will be without Japanese voices, but NISA say's that they'll make it up to fans by giving them a "killer bargain".

So i was just wondering, is there any news about how it'll be in europe at all? Like will we in europe get the same worthless Wii disc then? Or might they make a special edition of the Wii game for us?

Source for the news about the american version can be found here:
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/12/11/sakura-wars-rescheduled-for-march-premium-box-is-ps2-only/

Ampharos64
11-12-09, 09:09 PM
Heh, I just registered to ask about the exact same thing. I'd really like the Japanese VA to be available, if nothing else. Were the Premium PS2 version to be made available here, I'd definitely get it for my backwards compatible PS3, assuming it would work on it. The extras would be well worth it so I'd be really sad to miss out on them if there's only going to be the standard Wii/non-Premium version in PAL regions.

Hope we here in Europe might have a chance of getting our hands on the goodies, either in the Premium PS2 version or an enhanced Wii version.

Hyuber
06-02-10, 01:02 PM

Please, do everything you can to get the PS2 version too...
There are still many PS2 RPG players around, and the content of the PS2 version is so much better that you just can't skip on that :(
You can make it available only in a limited number or online shops (like with Ar Tonelico 1 and 2), that would work too, right?
Please :(

banzai
06-02-10, 05:54 PM
Hello, I'm an old generation console gamer :o
Please take this game in version PAL PS2

Leady FF ^^
08-02-10, 07:53 AM
It's definately only the Wii version coming for Europe now. As far as I know the article that ManaAlchemist posted is also true - for the EU Wii version of Sakura Wars there will be no Japanese voice option.

Shika
08-02-10, 03:03 PM
I'm not very interested by this game (though i'd like to try it) but for those who can read imported games with their PS2, Rosenqueen sells the game with a 40 pages artbook.

Hyuber
10-02-10, 09:34 AM
It's definately only the Wii version coming for Europe now. As far as I know the article that ManaAlchemist posted is also true - for the EU Wii version of Sakura Wars there will be no Japanese voice option.

*Shigh* I can't buy it then :( Damn it T_T

Buntaro
12-02-10, 07:45 AM
Signed up just to say that I'm disappointed that there will be no Japanese audio version for Europe, be it for PS2 or Wii.
Importing isn't an option for everyone, and not everyone likes NIS America's dubbing policy(e.g. making up name puns for Atelier Iris 2).

I don't know who made the decision (and it's not really important for the consumer anyway) so I don't want to put the blame on anyone here, just vent my frustration.

I doubt a few potential consumers complaining will change anything at this point, but I want it to be heard nonetheless. Complaining in a hopeful polite way and not buying the game (which is what I'll do if there is no option to turn voice acting off) is the only thing I can do.

Shika
16-02-10, 08:24 PM
@ Buntaro : if you have a facebook account, I think you have more chance to be read by the right people if you say that on he "NIS America, Inc. Europe" group.

I'm not interested in the game but I understand people who were expecting for japanese audio. Still, the most disapointing thing is in my opinion that the game is released on Wii only in Europe and not on PS2.

Leady FF ^^
10-03-10, 03:25 PM
The Sakura Wars Wii Pre-Order Artbooks came into stock today. I have got a couple coming to the office so we will take some pics and get them up here for you guys to have a look at it. Frrom the digital files I have seen they look fantastics.

I'll have some details on how UK, Benelux and Nordic guys can get them shortly.

ManaAlchemist
10-03-10, 05:19 PM
Damn if it's possible to get an artbook by pre-ordering i can't wait with buying the game like i had though I'd do, so now i won't be able to buy as much as i want at Uppcon here in sweden. :( But oh well, a somewhat exclusive artbook sounds interesting too. :D

Leady FF ^^
22-03-10, 09:38 AM
http://www.game.co.uk/Games/Wii/Sakura-Wars-So-Long-My-Love/~r345253/

Here's the link for the Game.co.uk pre-order with the Sakura Wars booklet.

silvertongue
12-04-10, 04:00 PM
So what do you guys think of the game?

I have to say I'm very pleasantly surprised. I didn't know what to expect to be honest but the game has a certain quirkiness and charm to it and the soundtrack is great.
I'm only up to episode 2 at the moment but from what I've played so far I'd say it's gonna be fantastic.

Leady did you manage to take some photo's of the Sakura Wars booklet, I didn't get mine from Game so didn't get a booklet.

:)

Onislash
13-04-10, 08:37 AM
This interests me too, I have to import this game.

silvertongue
13-04-10, 09:20 AM
This interests me too, I have to import this game.

Isn't it getting released in Oz?

Onislash
13-04-10, 10:51 AM
Yes, but got cancelled with Last Rebellion apparently.

silvertongue
13-04-10, 10:58 AM
Yes, but got cancelled with Last Rebellion apparently.

That seems really odd. I can't believe Last Rebellion got cancelled too.

So you're gonna have to import? At least you'll still be able to play them.

Onislash
13-04-10, 12:24 PM
Eh, had to import for Ar Tonelico 2 and Mana Khemia. Its not new but not particularly nice. I suspect that no more NISA games in Australia for a while, so I hope some company wants to distribute NIS games in Australia eventually.

silvertongue
12-05-10, 08:41 PM
Well I got my American PS2 import of Sakura Wars today. I really wished it had got released on PS2 over here, it just feels weird playing it on the Wii control. So glad I'll be able to play it with the Japanese audio.
I kinda expected it to come on one disc and you choose the audio in the options menu. However it's actually 2 discs, same game except one with the English Voiceover and the other with the Japanese Voiceover.

Shika
13-05-10, 12:08 PM
I kinda expected it to come on one disc and you choose the audio in the options menu. However it's actually 2 discs, same game except one with the English Voiceover and the other with the Japanese Voiceover.:)
Uh, are you serious ?? Was it really more expensive to put both on the same disc rather than giving two discs ??
Ah, marketing and its mysteries...

silvertongue
13-05-10, 12:40 PM
Uh, are you serious ?? Was it really more expensive to put both on the same disc rather than giving two discs ??
Ah, marketing and its mysteries...

Yep I'm serious. 2 Discs, the same game on each disc but one with Japanese audio and the other with English audio.

Leady FF ^^
14-05-10, 08:22 AM
It's because voice-tracks take up a massive amount of space on the disk I imagine.