PDA

View Full Version : What is TacticalRPG?

Insp. Chin
22-01-09, 03:51 PM
TacticalRPG is the KOEI game community in Europe, focusing on KOEI published games, such as Disgaea, Persona 3, Makai Kingdom, Atelier Iris, Soul Nomad and etc.

LewisSO
24-01-09, 05:08 PM
Damn you internet! That site won't load for me.
My brother has a few TacticalRPG games from Koei. I've never played them. :(

Insp. Chin
24-01-09, 09:30 PM
They're developed by Atlus, Nippon-ichi, etc. We're publishing them in Europe, such as Atelier Iris, Dragoneers' Aria, Soul Nomad, etc. They're all RPG games :)

LewisSO
24-01-09, 11:53 PM
I think one of the games my brother bought of one of these series came with the Soundtrack too. My brother wished that DW and SW games would come with theirs.

HebiYaro
25-01-09, 06:59 AM
I like this kind of games.
So far, I have FF Tactics (PSX & PSP), Disgaea (PSP), Saiyuki (from Koei, an old game now), FFT Advance (GBA, but it's a bit lame compared to FFT).
Maybe I have more but I don't remember which one -_-

Ruka
25-01-09, 09:08 AM
I like RPG-Tactics games as well, I have FF: Tactics (PSX) and Tactics Advance, Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis, Onimusha Tactics (All being GBA Games) and played Disgaea for PS2 that my cousin had, can't remember which one.

I might have played a few more but can't remember. By far the best in my opinion was FF Tactics the characters and storyline were very well detailed. it was actually this game that made me like this RPG-Tactics.

Sho-saka
25-01-09, 01:55 PM
I like the Tactical-RPG games as well, but I want to know why Persona 4 has gotten its hands by Square Enix and not KOEI itself, as well as Disgaea DS and Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure.

[Off-Topic: I am happy that P4 and the others have finally got an European date, but I'm going to be concerned on how they are going to handle them, since one of them contains controversional stuff that isn't found in most SE games.]

Someone should really update the site. Seriously, this looks out-of-date now and I don't want Sqaure Enix ruling the niche RPG plains. I'm really hoping it's not one of the MegaTen games or GUST or Nippon Ichi (please not that Prinny spin-off game).

My brother wished that DW and SW games would come with theirs.

Er, I think Dynasty Warriors had two TRPG games. It was blatantly called Dynasty Tactics (haha, very original title).

Lady Sun
25-01-09, 06:58 PM
=

Er, I think Dynasty Warriors had two TRPG games. It was blatantly called Dynasty Tactics (haha, very original title).

I remember dynasty tactics! Never played them though.

Also, would romance of the three kingdom games be a tactical RPG?

Kenji Icarus
28-01-09, 04:18 PM
The site tacticalrpg.com is going to be closed in february. Also, with informing their members about the shutdown, they told everyone of this site to get here as an alternative. That's how I got here =)

Leady FF ^^
28-01-09, 05:37 PM
Welcome. We invited some of the tacticalrpg.com mods to join here so I hope we can create a good place for you.

Discordia
28-01-09, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I was an ex-TRPG mod! I was Banzai!

Look forward to the new forum!

Leady FF ^^
28-01-09, 10:56 PM
Banzai ! (as in the one on MSN list that hooks me up with the new NaS tracks?? :D)

Discordia
29-01-09, 08:11 AM
Yes! That one!

What have you been up to Lead?

Leady FF ^^
29-01-09, 10:52 AM
word! not much, you never chat to a brother on MSN no more -_-

Discordia
29-01-09, 10:54 AM
Some of us, *COUGH* YOU *COUGH* are never on MSN anymore.

oh wait. Yes you are online!

legend fighter
29-01-09, 11:41 AM
So wait you informed of a site and then it closed and now we've ended up here?

thats pretty weird =)

Xavier
29-01-09, 11:59 AM
I sense a conspiracy! :p

legend fighter
29-01-09, 01:39 PM
see i was thinking that but never said it.
brain filter man! BRAIN FILTER!

Xavier
29-01-09, 01:52 PM
see i was thinking that but never said it.
brain filter man! BRAIN FILTER!

Well, either way, it's still a conspiracy! :p

Outi
29-01-09, 08:31 PM
You can't talk about TacticalRPG Forums without talking about me.

TRPG Forums was:
1/4 internet forum - powered by vBulletin
2/4 me
1/4 everybody else

,D

Edit:

I know, I knowwww... I'm pissing everybody off already. But that's the whole plan! I'm here to overrun this place and you can't overrun anything unless you're a complete douchebag XD

Kamikaze Prinny
30-01-09, 12:57 AM
Oh, Outi. At least wait until you've been here a little long before you start trying to get yourself banned :rolleyes:

So, how's everyone doing?

PrismZeo
30-01-09, 01:14 AM
Oh, Outi. At least wait until you've been here a little long before you start trying to get yourself banned :rolleyes:

So, how's everyone doing?

Whatd'ya mean KP? Don't think she has had time yet!

Good to see you here!

Kamikaze Prinny
30-01-09, 01:17 AM
Good to see you too, PPZ (I'm assuming that's who you are, anyway). So, who else is here? I saw Outi, Xavier, Legend_Fighter, and Banzai, but is there anyone else from TRPG here?

PrismZeo
30-01-09, 01:24 AM
Good to see you too, PPZ (I'm assuming that's who you are, anyway). So, who else is here? I saw Outi, Xavier, Legend_Fighter, and Banzai, but is there anyone else from TRPG here?
Yep

There is more like PP, oddman & twilightrijax, check out Outi's trpg thread most of them have said hi there

Outi
30-01-09, 04:55 AM
Good to see you too, PPZ (I'm assuming that's who you are, anyway). So, who else is here? I saw Outi, Xavier, Legend_Fighter, and Banzai, but is there anyone else from TRPG here?We have at least... Banzai, you, Kenji Ultima, Legend Fighter, Oddie, me, PPZ here, PP, TwilightRijax and Xavier on Koei Forums.

And, man... It's not in my style to just WAIT to get banned ,D

Private Prinny
03-02-09, 07:24 PM

Thats for sure! ;)

Kamikaze Prinny
04-02-09, 12:21 AM
The epic battle continues!

Outi
04-02-09, 04:51 AM
Don't say it like it's a bad thing ,D

God-Like Phoenix
04-02-09, 08:59 AM
Hmm...is that so? :cool: nah...I wouldnt do that, unless you gave us a reason to do so, so please dont give us that reason :)

Outi
04-02-09, 05:55 PM
I'll give you plenty of reasons... but you're just gonna ignore them 'cause you love me and don't want to ban me <3

Private Prinny
04-02-09, 09:01 PM
I'll give you plenty of reasons...
Word! She has and will!

but you're just gonna ignore them 'cause you love me and don't want to ban me <3
*cough*
Oh well see for yourself! ^^

Outi
04-02-09, 09:27 PM
Ahem... MISTOUR Private Prinny, need I remind you of your years as a moderator on TacticalRPG Forums? How many times have you overlooked my bashing, trolling, bullying, foul language and pr0nz? - On daily basis, practically...

And just how many of those times that you've overlooked my bashing, trolling, bullying, foul language and pr0nz was it because you adore me? - Just about all the time...

And regardless of how LOW this is of me, I must add that on some occasions you even went as far as to confess that you have a sort of feeling for me...
What EXACTLY makes you think that these mods here are superhuman and won't fall for my uncanny charms? ,D

(My bullets will pierce your hearts and leave you begging for more... for I am the legendary outlaw, Pink Lipstick Revolver a.k.a. Queen Outi, the Radiant and Benevolent Goddess of the Universe... Soon enough I'll have you all by the balls <3)

God-Like Phoenix
05-02-09, 09:49 AM
LOL, we will just have to wait and see about that one...wont we? ;)
At least its going to be making this gig a bit more interesting now :p

Outi
05-02-09, 03:45 PM
I'll start off nice and slow, you won't even notice what hit you until you're under my spell ,D

Private Prinny
05-02-09, 06:09 PM
Ahem... MISTOUR Private Prinny, need I remind you of your years as a moderator on TacticalRPG Forums? How many times have you overlooked my bashing, trolling, bullying, foul language and pr0nz? - On daily basis, practically...

And just how many of those times that you've overlooked my bashing, trolling, bullying, foul language and pr0nz was it because you adore me? - Just about all the time...

And regardless of how LOW this is of me, I must add that on some occasions you even went as far as to confess that you have a sort of feeling for me...
What EXACTLY makes you think that these mods here are superhuman and won't fall for my uncanny charms? ,D

(My bullets will pierce your hearts and leave you begging for more... for I am the legendary outlaw, Pink Lipstick Revolver a.k.a. Queen Outi, the Radiant and Benevolent Goddess of the Universe... Soon enough I'll have you all by the balls <3)

Felles like I received the wrong end of "pwned"!

Thats what'ca get being too soft. Backstabbed by a 'lil girl going crazy and aiming for global world domination.

The guilt...the guilt.... :rolleyes:

Edit:
Hey MaDeMoiselle Outi! Don't give the wrong impressions here, if not anything else at least the pr0nzing around I didn't really let go unchecked. ;P

The rest was to keep the board active. As hurting as it was to let you go rampaging around ;P

Outi
05-02-09, 06:20 PM
Hey MaDeMoiselle Outi! Don't give the wrong impressions here, if not anything else at least the pr0nzing around I didn't really let go unchecked. ;PWhen I read the beginning of that sentence "Hey MaDeMoiselle Outi! Don't give the wrong impressions here..." I was pretty sure you were going to deny your feelings for me... But I should have known better - Denying it would be a lie, and you're not the liar type ,D

(yes you recieved the wrong end of "pwnd")
(but honestly, when it comes to you and me, you recieve it a lot <3)

Private Prinny
05-02-09, 06:54 PM
Having a crush on a girl half my age (or so) on the other side of the globe (or so) being interested in something else than normal people do (or so) and finally not really suiting my tastes (pretty much) is something so absolutely and incredible obscure I don't think I have to hide it. ;P

But the pr0nz0r i took personal, oh and just you know the little post of yours there got me to go over to trpg.coms in its final closing hours online and rereading the last 500 posts (the other halfe isn't in reach via search) made to search for clues of you exxagerating quite a lot.

Edit 1:
And regarding the wrong end....maybe I should really start to go wild, but that doesn't suit my style....making lil girls cry *selfrighteous pompous and totally uncalled for grin*

Edit 2:

Also methinks i cannot win....see my avatar? that does happen a lot to me after reading your posts ^^

Outi
05-02-09, 07:27 PM
Half your age!? PP YOU'RE 44!? XD

On a serious sidenote... stop ranting, calm down, close your eyes for a minute, remember to breathe... slowly... slooooowly... gooood... now open your eyes.
*wraps arms around PP*
*tears*
PP, I think I have something to tell you.
This is a bit embarassing... but please don't laugh... please don't say a thing... I already know what your reaction would be, but I don't wanna hear it. Don't break my heart. I wanna keep living in this fantasy... I... I just have to say this...
You're right, you can't win ,D

Private Prinny
05-02-09, 07:34 PM
*giggle*

On a side note, I found another post on trpg.com where I didn't deny it oO;
This time oddie stated two things and again i denied the other statement.

Also I am seriously in pain now laughing my rears end off at some of our braindead discussions over there.

Outi
05-02-09, 07:47 PM
On a side note, I found another post on trpg.com where I didn't deny it oO;BUSTED!

I promise we'll have some braindead conversations here too! ,D

Kamikaze Prinny
05-02-09, 08:32 PM
pr0nz?

pr0nz? In my TRPG? It's more likely than you might think...

Outi
05-02-09, 08:34 PM
Wanna see my tits on Koei forums? XD

God-Like Phoenix
05-02-09, 08:40 PM
If thats what your going to do...hello infraction ;)

Braindead conversations? thats these right here right?

Outi
05-02-09, 08:45 PM
Aw come on, I'm just playing around <3

EDIT:

OH! And these aren't braindead conversations yet...

Private Prinny
06-02-09, 09:26 AM
Half your age!? PP YOU'RE 44!? XD

Ok you doubled your physical age, I did it the other way round: I took my age and halved it.....leading to a 14 year old girl....and I see it fits sometimes (don't start on the physical thinks like your body...I am hinting at your behaviour sometimes! :p)

If thats what your going to do...hello infraction

Braindead conversations? thats these right here right?

Sadly that is also only just the beginning....

Say, isn't there a save place for atomreactor cores going for meltdown here?

We got a padded room and straight jackts back in ze old days in TacticalRPG.com, but since we did run at a tight budged there Outi burned trough every security measurment we had there (amongst some others around my brain) :rolleyes:

Outi
06-02-09, 09:10 PM
We got a padded room and straight jackts back in ze old days in TacticalRPG.com, but since we did run at a tight budged there Outi burned trough every security measurment we had there (amongst some others around my brain) :rolleyes:I know! I'm such a darling! <3

Discordia
11-02-09, 10:16 AM
Oh how I love you guys!~

Askura
02-03-09, 01:03 AM
... I sense a LD and "Janice" vibe hitting off all of a sudden...

Jk.

Well to be blunt; Tactical RPG was a website that had the latest information on the Nippon Ichi series from release dates, screenshots and gameplay information to guides and forums for discussing the games themselves. TRPG also ran competitions from time to time where you could win related goods such as games, memorabilia and Banzai's poll shifting powers.

This section is mainly to appease those previous members who used the forums and gave support/information/tactics/pr0n to one another as they were promised by Koei that they would have a new home to call their own.

That's pretty much it.

Oh, and any little exploits or game "Cheats" you know about? We gave you those! (Music soundtrack only on PB etc)

jive
02-03-09, 06:45 AM
BUSTED!

I promise we'll have some braindead conversations here too! ,D

amen to that! :D

Discordia
04-03-09, 08:05 PM
I love how in at least half of your posts you have mentioned my name. I feel loved.

Askura
06-03-09, 02:05 AM
Cos ah love chu?

Probably because a lot of negative things that happen...you're responsible for!

...ish...well no...you noramally aid me :3

That's not the point though. >.>

Who did Jive use to be btw?

Discordia
07-03-09, 09:08 PM
Jive used to be Jive I think.

jive
09-03-09, 05:41 AM
NO! jive used to be Jive.

take note the capitalization.. it's sort of a spiritual transformation born from laziness in pressing the shift button.

And yes Askura dood.. what Banzai said. Though I joined far after you you first left TRPG.

Discordia
09-03-09, 07:40 AM
I think Askura still lurked for a bit through...

right?>!

Askura
09-03-09, 08:45 AM
Yeah here and there I kept a general eye on things ;)

Outi
09-03-09, 02:10 PM
RAAAAAAHHH!!! I AM A GIANT OTTER!!!

Private Prinny
10-03-09, 12:46 PM
RAAAAAAHHH!!! I AM A GIANT OTTER!!!

....thats what she said.

but why she said it I dunno....well its outi...with o out of ominous, u out of unbeliveable t out of terrible and i ot of individual or so I think ;P

Outi
29-06-09, 12:06 PM
Where the hell is everybody, yo!?
This place is like... totally dying!
And I mean it's dying worse than TRPG Forums EVER!

Let's take our TRPG escape pods and get the hell out of here before this place... gets too quiet!

entropy-cipher
29-06-09, 04:50 PM
To where do we escape?

Outi
29-06-09, 06:57 PM
Well, where do you usually escape when the world you live in is dying!? Think like a human, man! TO SPACE OF COURSE! We set our ship's course to the unknown, go into hypersleep and send out a dristress signal so that maybe well eventually come across a new, better world or get rescued by the pangalactic federation, OR BETTER YET - get abducted by aliens!

Oddman
30-06-09, 02:07 PM
and get anal probing! haHA!

this forum aint dead....just look at all the DW threads out there. of course this is that kind of forum...but still.

Outi
30-06-09, 10:09 PM
Yeah well if you pay any attention to the DW threads, there ain't much happening there either.
Also, nobody said anything about anal probing >_<

entropy-cipher
30-06-09, 10:44 PM
I dunno... maybe we should try.... I dunno how to put it... different things on the forum? See what can bring it to life? =O

Oddman
02-07-09, 10:10 AM
well ummm...if it was this dead before we came then we definately livined it up a bit. XD this just needs more people.

and doing 'different things' can get you banned or preban-warned XD

jive
02-07-09, 10:40 AM
Needs more moose and oddmen. XD

entropy-cipher
02-07-09, 01:57 PM
well ummm...if it was this dead before we came then we definately livined it up a bit. XD this just needs more people.

and doing 'different things' can get you banned or preban-warned XD

Well I hardly meant start a rebellion. I meant fun activities that aren't on here ;_;

Outi
04-07-09, 09:21 PM
I think the problem here is that these damn DW-nerds don't play any other games than Koei's Warriors games (OR maybe they're just busy cosplaying). It's impossible to start a conversation unless it's about Dynasty Warriors. And you'd better have something POSITIVE to say about those games otherwise they don't wanna hear it.

Xavier
06-07-09, 12:41 AM
I think the problem here is that these damn DW-nerds don't play any other games than Koei's Warriors games (OR maybe they're just busy cosplaying). It's impossible to start a conversation unless it's about Dynasty Warriors. And you'd better have something POSITIVE to say about those games otherwise they don't wanna hear it.

OMG! U liek tutally insulted Dynasty Warriors!!11!one GTFO mah interwebz!!!1one

But seriously, a 'true fan' of something does not need to defend their chosen favourite's flaws, but rather points them out themselves, and suggest ways to improve it. Telling someone who does this, to go away or whatever, shows a lack of conviction in their particular choice, and these people are not 'true fans', but are seekers of approval, by the others who also show a lack of conviction; this is because they mistakenly believe these people to be 'true fans'.

I, on the other hand, am one such 'true fan' of Dynasty Warriors (and Warriors Orochi/Samurai Warriors) and would welcome some increase in the quality of the series' graphics, amongst other things.

Just thought I'd ramble for a moment. (Also, just using the opportunity to let you guys know I'm still alive somewhat). :D

Outi
06-07-09, 02:46 PM
You're totally right mistour Xavier.
I think a true fan acknowledges the games' flaws but is able to overlook them and see the bigger picture. The problem here - I think - is that these fanatics are pissed off by the awful reviews these games are getting and if anyone says that anything needs improvement they'll instantly see you as someone who's bashing on them (or whatever) for being fans of Dynasty Warriors.
Also they totally didn't get my point when I said that I really like DW but I still agree with the reviews and I personally couldn't give these games any higher scores than what they've been getting.
It's just really childish. Not being able to understand how it's possible for someone to think that these ARE pretty low quality games, but still enjoying them for what they are.

Man... it's ridiculous.

Oddman
10-07-09, 12:24 PM
now we can just get those folks see the "little rambles" you did there and maybe turn a new leaf in their fanboyism.

i mean seriously, guys come over here! XD

Discordia
11-07-09, 02:15 AM
I move to the city to find more wurst and this happens?

Sheesh!

I still don't have regular internet yet though, am posting from an internet cafe atm :D

Have fun guys!

And don't give the mods a hard time, they are just doing their job ^^

Chaos92
15-08-09, 07:06 AM
just readin all this and *nods* just plain lovable randomness

Zubbus
12-01-11, 11:21 AM
ROTTK as a series really isn't in the RPG catergory, but I'd say VII, VIII and X has an RPG style of play.
KOEI actually had a lot more SRPGs based on Three Kingdoms. They just didn't make it to the western world.

effefrole
24-02-11, 07:23 PM
Sup dod, glad to hear that, hope to see you often here. I'm form Israel, but i think im the only one, most of them hang out in here פנג שואי (http://fengshui-study.blogspot.com/) again, see you around peace out

Corporatea
09-01-20, 10:58 PM
смотреть Вторжение Вторжение фильм https://i111.fastpic.ru/big/2019/1203/b5/d0e342d2035f0f9c962041243a96afb5.png (http://bit.ly/2Pf9XHn ) супер Вторжение убойная комедия в хорошем качестве смотреть (https://HbE.102wr.ru/o/Hek5bf3i7KX ) [url=http://bit.ly/2Pf9XHn ][b]СМОТ*ЕТЬ полный фильм >>>>ТУТ