PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars

LittleDragonZ
22-01-09, 03:57 PM
Many have said that they prefer the old films, but the newly done ones do have highlights as well. Such as Episode 1 with the whole Darth Maul showing off his double lightsaber, and the podracing. 2 with the Clone Wars, and 3 with Darth Vaders first appearance.

There's many characters in here I do like, I don't really have a favorite strangely enough...

Anyone else grew up with Star Wars?

LewisSO
23-01-09, 12:25 PM
I love Star Wars. The movies, the games... the... movies.
I prefer the original to the new movies. I do love the new movies but I hate the actors in them. Oh and Star Wars games are freaking awesome.

Leady FF ^^
28-01-09, 11:03 PM
Love my SW.

Does anyone want to throw-up over the plot of The Force Unleashed (I did). I wish that had never been made.

Qing Long
31-01-09, 07:19 PM
lol the plot of The Force Unleashed ? What is that :p

Star Wars movies are so great ^^ Even if I'm not a big fan of Star Wars, I like the movies that always got superb effects & an original story :)

Leady FF ^^
31-01-09, 08:31 PM
Star Wars The Force Unleased was a PS3 and XboX 360 game released before Xmas that tells the story between ep3 and ep4 (and Darth Vaders secret Apprentice). Its absolutely awful.

ManaAlchemist
31-01-09, 08:55 PM
I like almost all the movies (except for episode 2 which i just don't like, don't really know why though) but i can't say anything about episode 3 and the new animated movie as i still haven't had a chance to see them. :(

I really like the Jedi Knight games and the Pod Racing game though. :)

Anyone read any good SW book? I read some of the Young Jedi Knights books and liked them atleast.

Qing Long
31-01-09, 10:15 PM
Star Wars The Force Unleased was a PS3 and XboX 360 game released before Xmas that tells the story between ep3 and ep4 (and Darth Vaders secret Apprentice). Its absolutely awful.

Oh yes, now you told me, I remembered the title, yes, I've seen my brother playing that game, the story is a bit confusing XD

I've started to read a Star Wars book when I was younger (the story is after the last episode movie Episode 6) but as I don't read fictionnal book a lot, I lose the book & stopped my reading XD

Shika
31-01-09, 10:24 PM
I'm not a big fan of SW, but I love the universe it created. However, episode 3 is, in my opinion, useless. It's veryyyyy beautiful, an awesome production, but, the story is empty, it can be summarized in two lignes : Anakin becomes evil, Jedis die, Anakin falls in lava and has to wear the famous armor. End. Still, costumes, special effects, etc. are very well done.

Outi
31-01-09, 11:33 PM
Anyone else grew up with Star Wars?Hell yes!
When I was little I was either indoors playing video games or outdoors playing Star Wars with the boys.
I never really learned to understand what exactly makes this Barbie person seem so cool to the other girls (Darth Vader would kick her ass no matter what her strategic measures are). So, I didn't have any girlfriends when I was little. But I'm not bitter or anything, I had some awesome jedi duels with the boys!

And sometimes I still go by the nickname "Outi-Wan Kenobi".

And as much as I hate geeky-purist-hardcore-jerk-fanboys and fangirls, I have to be a geeky-purist-hardcore-jerk-fangirl now... I hate Episodes I, II and III. I saw Episode III for the first time on Christmas eve and GODDAMN! that movie sucked serious egg! I was so embarassed on George Lucas' behalf that I almost cried.
The worst thing that can happen to a sci-fi series - don't care if it's TV or movies - is the streamlined polishing effect. You know, when everything just gets super clean and sterile and ergonomic and eww? And that's EXACTLY what happened to Star Wars after the original series!
The first three movies were awesome and they had this sense of credibility to them because they weren't filled with layers and layers of CG effects. It looked like all those space ships COULD actually exist, that they COULD actually be built and that they COULD actually work. Everything just felt and looked like it COULD be real in a galaxy far far away...
But in the new trilogy everything is just polished beyond shiny so that it doesn't look real anymore. And I don't know how you people feel, but OH MAN that fight between Yoda and Palpatine was awful! ... oh... man... oh man, oh man... wow... mm-mm... Jesus... I mean... DID YOU SEE THAT!? That was like the effing lamest thing ever!
And don't even get me started on just how bad a disaster Jar Jar Binks is...

Watching Episodes I-III makes me feel like I'm watching to some crappy 90's Star Trek episodes.
And you know as well as I do that Star Trek got completely ruined after Picard left the ship.

LittleDragonZ
01-02-09, 12:02 PM
LOL I think Jar Jar was created to be annoying and hated. And Yoda dueled likely to show people what he was like as a Jedi. It was like a mixture of laughing and, wow, he is awesome. Yours was likely the former then. :P

Leady FF ^^
01-02-09, 01:13 PM
I like the clean look of the prequels - I believe it was done to represent the 'golden-age' / 'rose-coloured' specs of the people from the OT looking back or being told about the end of the republic.

I also dont believe that the events of the prequels actually happened in the way they did. They are meant to be like myths believed by the people in the OT era (sort of like the WW2 films we have now).

Then again i have been smoking crack for a good few years now lol ;)

Outi
01-02-09, 01:41 PM
LOL I think Jar Jar was created to be annoying and hated. And Yoda dueled likely to show people what he was like as a Jedi. It was like a mixture of laughing and, wow, he is awesome. Yours was likely the former then. :PI didn't have a problem with Yoda's light saber skills... I had a problem with Palpatine's! He was like hissing and acting all embarassing! I was watching the scene with my hand coveing my mouth and... I was like, "OH-MY-GOD! This worse than the Mortal Kombat movies..."

LittleDragonZ
01-02-09, 01:49 PM
I didn't have a problem with Yoda's light saber skills... I had a problem with Palpatine's! He was like hissing and acting all embarassing! I was watching the scene with my hand coveing my mouth and... I was like, "OH-MY-GOD! This worse than the Mortal Kombat movies..."
Not as silly as the face Palpatine pulls in Return of the Jedi whilst zapping Luke though.

You've seen the Darth Vader Blues video on YouTube by the way?
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3eZBevXohCI

Outi
01-02-09, 02:25 PM
I still think the Yoda VS Palpatine fight way moar silly than Palpatine zapping Luke.

Leady FF ^^
02-02-09, 10:11 PM
Palpatine zapping Luke is one of the all time best bits LDZ , how can you say that??

LittleDragonZ
03-02-09, 09:18 AM
It's so silly! The scene before Vader throws him down, you see him pulling those facial expressions...

On another note, Boba's death was also silly. It hardly gives him any praise. :P

Outi
03-02-09, 12:32 PM
Oh yeah, Boba Fett...
"Boba Fett!? Where!?" *turn* -> *staff hits Boba's jetpack* -> *Boba crashes into Jabba's ship and falls in Sarlacc's mouth*

EDIT:

AH-HAAAA!
I just found out that Boba Fett didn't actually DIE when he got swallowed by the Sarlacc! He escaped from it's stomach! ... That wasn't shown in the movie, obviously... I suppose it was explained in the comics or something... But it would appear that his survival is still considered to be fully canonical!

UltimateWarrior
04-02-09, 04:28 PM
I have to agree with you LDZ. The prequels aren't as bad as I first thought. The more you watch them the more you get them and the more good bits you discover. Episode 1 has the best lightsabre battle of all six between Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Darth Maul. The space battle opening to Episode 3 is awesome too.

The three originals can be just as cheesy in places but we remember them more fondly and less critically because we were younger then.

I can't imagine life without Star Wars. It would be so dull.

Outi
04-02-09, 05:54 PM
I don't care why I don't like the prequels, I just don't. I can't enjoy them AT ALL. Maybe it IS because I have fond memories of the original trilogy... but what difference does that make? The fact still remains that I think the prequels are bad movies.
I can't watch them.
I don't want to watch them.

And that's not really my problem 'cause I don't LOSE anything if I don't want to watch a movie that I think is bad. It's more George Lucas' problem that a lot of people are really disappointed in his Star Was prequel-trilogy.

LittleDragonZ
04-02-09, 09:11 PM
I have to agree with you LDZ. The prequels aren't as bad as I first thought. The more you watch them the more you get them and the more good bits you discover. Episode 1 has the best lightsabre battle of all six between Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Darth Maul. The space battle opening to Episode 3 is awesome too.

The three originals can be just as cheesy in places but we remember them more fondly and less critically because we were younger then.

I can't imagine life without Star Wars. It would be so dull.

You're my hero!

Episode 3 just shows how comical it can be at the start. I'm talking of R2D2 and his range of weaponry. But it was first shown in Episode 2 with his flying capability that nobody likely expected to happen.

He did give me a good laugh in that film.

Leady FF ^^
05-02-09, 10:25 PM
But it would appear that his survival is still considered to be fully canonical!

Yeah, that is why I am maintaining my own Star Wars canon in my head. Some things that happen in the Expanded Universe are just too lame to contemplate.

Outi
06-02-09, 05:24 AM
Well to be honest, my start wars canon is, "If it didn't happen in the original trilogy, it didn't happen at all"

Now let's talk about Han Solo and just how HAWT he is! XD

Kenji Icarus
06-02-09, 08:23 AM
To be honest: I've never really seen the old episodes earlier fully. Just parts of them. I first saw episode 1 in his full length. After Episode 3 I've started to see Episode 4 - 6. I knew the story before, but seeing it in action is totally different.

Darth Maul was very stylish. But General Grievous looks even cooler. It's a shame he had just a little part in Episode 2 (or was it 3?).

My favorite characters are Yoda, Jar Jar Binks and Anakin Skywalker in Episode 3.
May the force be with you.

Gischie
06-02-09, 09:47 AM
To be honest: I've never really seen the old episodes earlier fully. Just parts of them. I first saw episode 1 in his full length. After Episode 3 I've started to see Episode 4 - 6. I knew the story before, but seeing it in action is totally different.

Darth Maul was very stylish. But General Grievous looks even cooler. It's a shame he had just a little part in Episode 2 (or was it 3?).

My favorite characters are Yoda, Jar Jar Binks and Anakin Skywalker in Episode 3.
May the force be with you.

I was very young when Star Wars came on cinema, so I saw the 4-6 before the 1-3, I understand your feeling about it, it might be strange. But what is done, it's done, at least you saw them all lol

I love Yoda too but I prefer Wookie ^^

Outi
07-02-09, 09:47 AM
I want Chewbacca as my pet... He'd make a gread guard dog.

Gischie
07-02-09, 09:56 AM
I want Chewbacca as my pet... He'd make a gread guard dog.

You love chewie too :p YAY, I sewed some tiny ones for my bf but his mother kept all of them lol

Kenji Icarus
07-02-09, 02:01 PM
I love these little Ewoks. I think they were part of Episode 5.
They made a cartoon series with this little fluffy ones that I've seen wehen I was younger.

Outi
07-02-09, 04:55 PM
Gaaah! EPISODE 6! The Ewoks were in Episode 6! OMIGOOOOOD!
I'm going to punish you, Donkey Kong! I order you to watch the whole original trilogy all over again! And until you do, you are not allowed to post on these forums!!! XD

LittleDragonZ
07-02-09, 05:20 PM
Did you cry when that Ewok died and his friend got all sad? :D

But yes, Return of the Jedi they are in.

Why did peope like Episode 5? I'm putting my money on Hoth being the reason!

Outi
07-02-09, 05:48 PM
Did you cry when that Ewok died and his friend got all sad? :DI criedz ... ;____;

Kenji Icarus
07-02-09, 06:40 PM
I can't even remember the death, but it would surely make me sad.
And with the numbers of the episodes: I'm not good in math anyway XD

Outi
08-02-09, 11:11 AM
Did you watch the original trilogy already? No? THEN WHY ARE YOU POSTING HERE DONKEY!? XD

Manji
19-02-09, 03:02 AM
AH-HAAAA!
I just found out that Boba Fett didn't actually DIE when he got swallowed by the Sarlacc! He escaped from it's stomach! ... That wasn't shown in the movie, obviously... I suppose it was explained in the comics or something... But it would appear that his survival is still considered to be fully canonical!

Aha, yes! First of all, let me exclaim: I am one of the biggest Boba Fett fans in existence. <3
He's the greatest fictional character to emerge from any science fiction franchise, in my opinion!
I could rant forever about how awesome he is, and not just from how he looks (the Mandalorian armor is rather sexy though, I have to say), but his personality is really complex and I find him to be one of the most "human" in the entire Star Wars universe.

ANYWAY! Yes, he did not die. I recommend reading "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" or the "Bounty Hunter Trilogy" Star Wars books, both talk about his escape from the Sarlacc. He actually blew up the Sarlacc using a thermal detonator, then fellow bounty hunter Dengar found him badly injured out on the sands of Tatooine and nursed him back to health.
And yes, it's considered canon, he's a main character in the new Star Wars book series "Legacy of the Force." Him and Han Solo actually team up at one point and work together... Boba Fett has changed a lot now that he's an older man. ;)

But yeah... haha, I've been a SW geek since I was young and never quite out grew it. I enjoy reading the novels featuring my favorites, like Boba, and the Republic Commando series is another good read as well... heck, the books are usually better than the films in some aspects. That's what keeps me a fan to this day.

Leady FF ^^
19-02-09, 11:30 AM
And yes, it's considered canon

Isnt there different types of canon for Star Wars though like:

1. Actually seen or mentioned on screen in films or official novelisations / radio drama
2. Officially sanctioned EU stuff (Clone Wars or the Star Wars books)
3. Fan-made stuff

I dont think we can say that Boba surviving is 'canon' as we didnt hear or see anything like on screen.

Manji
20-02-09, 04:53 AM
Yes, there are, but NUMEROUS books and comics site the fact he made it out of the Sarlacc alive. The novels ARE considered CANON unless George "Worship my Socks" Lucas decides to make another SW film saga or TV series that would contradict the books, therefore, the film media would take priority over the books. However, as there is nothing to suggest in any of the films that Boba died INDEFINITELY, it is perfectly reasonable to assume the novels are cannon.

His story was already retconned once... I hope it wouldn't happen again. -_-

Leady FF ^^
21-02-09, 11:21 PM
ok ok, he's alive -_-

next your gonna tell me Chewie is really dead and Luke married a ginger!

Done break my heart Manji ;)

Matty1994
16-04-09, 02:40 PM
i grew up with starwars ive loved it since i go the first film and the games rock too

Outi
17-04-09, 04:57 PM
Well I have to agree with what Manji said.
There have been a lot of stories of how Boba Fett survived being devoured by the Sarlacc. And there's nothing in the movies saying that he died right there and then. And there isn't anything in the movies that would even rule out the possibility of Boba Fett surviving something like that.
From what I understood, getting swallowed by a Sarlacc means that you're not gonna die anytime soon. In fact it'll take thousands of years for the creature to digest you! So... considering that Boba Fett has an ARMOUR, a JETPACK, and ****tons of ARSENAL with him in that creature's gut... doesn't it seem at least a BIT likely that he can get out of there alive?

Jas
17-04-09, 07:39 PM
I'm a pretty bid SWfan as well,i must say i prefer the earlyer history to the new times, i don't really know why.Ye tha game was pretty aweful got really repetitive really fast!

My fav characters are Obi-Wan, Yoda, Han,Chewbacca and Quinlan Vos

=P

little_zhurong
18-04-09, 01:32 PM
Boba Fett doesn't get out unscathed. In the later books his badly hurt and can't hunt very well.

There is a very interesting meeting with Han Solo but I can't remember the book. It was one of the Tales. I think.

Hitsuzen
09-07-12, 11:11 AM
I like Anakin..and I prefer Padme over Leia

NekoWarrior
19-07-12, 04:28 PM
The star wars films are cool

Hitsuzen
22-07-12, 12:02 PM
I don't like 'New Hope' and stuff after that...I don't know why

little_zhurong
17-08-12, 03:48 AM
I love the books, mostly vader and afterwards. I love all six films. And wraith and rogue squadrons are my favourite books as they are so funny.