PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Warriors RPG

B-Jamm'in-Hawkins
24-08-09, 10:23 PM
Sort of like a grand theft auto game but dynasty warriors would be amazing

Dustine
12-09-09, 10:14 AM
Personaly, I like the idea, though most people like DW's for the manic button pressing! I'm sure there could be a compromise in there somewhere! I mean, if you've played any of the Champions of Norrath games, they're button mashers, and RPG's!

cheat07
12-09-09, 10:23 AM
I think a dynasty warriors RPG would be great. But i couldnt imagine Koei being able to recreate the huge expanses of ancient China required to pull this kinda game off well.

Though the premise is great, create your own character or choose one and then complete quests etc and fight in huge battles. It coul;d be AMAZING!!!! I spose its the kind of direction theyre heading in with the empires series.

Alonzo Orion
12-09-09, 05:42 PM
Grand Theft Auto; 3rd Century China?

*Guan Yu approaches Lu Bu who is sitting proudly upon his Red Hare.

Guan Yu: GTFO!

*Guan Yu side kicks Lu Bu in the face knocking him clean off his Red Hare, mounts the Red Hare and rides off into the sunset.

We can have other scenarios whereby Lu Bu goes into a Flamenco dancers club and meets Diao Chan, portray Sun Jian as a Mafia family boss and Zhou Fang pretending he's sick of getting his fix off the Wu Clan and faking to make Cao Xiu of the Wei Clan his new dealer.

Dustine
13-09-09, 12:32 AM
I think a dynasty warriors RPG would be great. But i couldnt imagine Koei being able to recreate the huge expanses of ancient China required to pull this kinda game off well.

Though the premise is great, create your own character or choose one and then complete quests etc and fight in huge battles. It coul;d be AMAZING!!!! I spose its the kind of direction theyre heading in with the empires series.
I think you're right, the three kingdoms scenario is a little too big! Plus, it's over a vast timeline too. You wouldn't be able to play as any character in particular! Having said that, you could play as a created character! Just have three story lines, or four if you include the Nanman empire. It is possible!

RedHare
10-12-09, 10:55 AM
Gran Theft Auto? I can see it all now.
6 star police = A group of Nooby soldiers who follow you around.
Dealer= Gan Ning.
Weapons Dealer= Pang Tong (I image him hiding Uzi's ect. in his cloak)
Story: Mafia leader Sun Jian has been brutally murdered, it is up to you, Sun Ce to get revenge on the Tyrant local gang leader, Dong Zhuo and his right hand man, Lu Bu.

StratocasterEv
14-12-09, 06:52 PM
Weapons Dealer= Pang Tong (I image him hiding Uzi's ect. in his cloak)

I'd hope he'd say "What are ya' buying" and address the player as stranger.

Dian Wei would have to be a bouncer at Cao Cao's strip club.

Alonzo Orion
31-12-09, 07:24 PM
Hehe, Resident Evil 4.