PDA

View Full Version : Possible improvements to the renbu system?

Dustine
03-09-09, 05:45 PM
(This is my first post, so please be gentle with me!)

I've read a few posts, in a few places, saying how people aren't happy with the current Renbu system, like me, so I figured I'd put my thoughts on it here, and hope it draws some attention! (Hopefully from Koei!)

The renbu system does have it's good points, mainly the feeling that you can go through a hole map with one combo, though this does mean manically pressing one button! It's either the light combo, or the heavy combo, with the occasional Musou attack! Very dull! Personally, I'd like the light combo to remain as fluid as it is, but with the ability to put a single heavy attack in, to break guarding opponents! The heavy combo could either be continued, or return to the light combo, without having to start it from the begining!

I'd also like to be able to change the direction of the attack, even if it's only 2 way! (4 or 8 would be grand, but much more difficult for Koei to do!)This would not only improve gameplay dramatically, it would also look fantastic! It could be done quite easily, by using the evade button! It would also stop the main problem with being attacked! You could have a full health bar, go up against a few officers, and one gets behind you, then they take it in turns to erradicate your entire life! Nothing you can do, but sit there and die! If you can turn, and block an attack from the back at any time, problem solved! Imagine the scene of Snow and Broken sword, from Hero, where they invaded the castle! Two against thousands! Block one direction, attack another, then block another! It would play great, and look fantastic!

If you agree, or disagree, or even have any other ideas, please say!

God-Like Phoenix
03-09-09, 09:32 PM
That idea of the 8-way directional attacking actually does sound like a pretty good idea, thats if it is done well that is :) the amount of possiblities that could come from an attack system that you can alter in relation to the positioning of the enemy would be much greater that what the renbu system was initially stuck with. The idea of it is quite reminisant of those epic action films that incorperate that kind of fighting style, as you said, like the 1v1000 or something similar, and with the right amount of skill, being able to go through the entire mass without taking damage.

But then again, if you were to introduce a system that could ultimately make you somewhat invincible, there would have to be other changes made so that it would level the whole thing out, like perhaps an imporvement to the enemy AI, or at least a slight increase in the amount of damage that they can deal...just so that you know that if you are a bit slack, you're going to be in a bit of trouble :p

Also....welcome to the forum, hope you will enjoy it here (^.^)

Dustine
04-09-09, 03:46 PM
Thank you!

I quite agree, it would definately require an improvement to the enemy AI. It could be quite simple to do, if the enemy just attacked more often, rather than just stand there waiting to die would be a good start! I've played DW6E on the hardest difficulty setting, and they do attack much more often, and do much more damage. That could be the normal setting!

Still, an improvement to enemy AI would be nice, either way!

CJZ
09-09-09, 08:51 AM
Personally i like your idea, but i believe they should get rid off the renbu system altogether, mainly because in DW3 and DW5 i always used my Triangle (Y) attacks and all i ever do in DW6 is press Circle (X) because theres no need for charge attacks... i think that if they do keep the renbu system they either need incorporate the Charge attacks or make infinite renbu... not infinite

also welcome to the forum, im new here also

Dustine
11-09-09, 06:59 AM
Personally i like your idea, but i believe they should get rid off the renbu system altogether, mainly because in DW3 and DW5 i always used my Triangle (Y) attacks and all i ever do in DW6 is press Circle (X) because theres no need for charge attacks... i think that if they do keep the renbu system they either need incorporate the Charge attacks or make infinite renbu... not infinite

also welcome to the forum, im new here also
I do agree on the point of button mashing a single button through each level! It is very tedious! I've found some characters, if you add the speed item to the weapon, you're better off mashing the Y button instead of the X button! Not much of a variation!

I mentioned about being able to incorporate a charge attack into the combo, without breaking the combo above, but I think the 8 way attack/block would be the best for both the gameplay, and us fans!

Thank you, and welcome to you too!