PDA

View Full Version : First KOEI game you bought?

LewisSO
23-01-09, 08:49 PM
What's the first Koei game you guys ever bought? I'm pretty sure the first one me and my brother got was Dynasty Warriors 3... or DW3XL. We got it because our neighbor got us into it.

LittleDragonZ
23-01-09, 08:58 PM
Dynasty Warriors 2, and the first character I used was not Zhao Yun (didn't know of his awesomeness, that's my excuse!), but Zhou Yu! Yellow Turban Rebellion stage, I remember those rubbish old memory card icon saves...

Cao Cao
23-01-09, 09:11 PM
The first game,that I bought myself,was Dynasty Warriors 5.
However,I borrowed DW2 from my cousin for a long time...

Zenelix
23-01-09, 11:53 PM
I can't remember, because I have a terrible long-term memory :p

It was either the original Operation Winback, or DW2... unless I have a KOEI game from before the PS2 which I have forgotten.

God-Like Phoenix
24-01-09, 12:00 AM
I think the first Koei game that I bought was DW3, I think the first character I used was Guan Yu on one of the challenges...I cant really remember, it was quite some time ago

LewisSO
24-01-09, 12:11 AM
The first character I loved to play as was Zhang Jiao in Dynasty Warriors 3. Now I think he's just bad. :S

foamy666
24-01-09, 03:26 AM
DW3 for me as I played the demo of for it which was the nanman campaign and enjoyed it a lot so when I saw the full game in a store I got it.

Ruka
24-01-09, 10:24 AM
The first Koei game I brought was DW4 after playing that one I become fan of DW Series and soon after brough DW4 Empires and DW3.
The first character I used was Guan Yu, after beeing a couple minutes looking at every character I decided to go with Guan Yu.
I tried a couple more characters such as Xiaohun Dun but Guan Yu was my favorite... until I met Lu Bu. :p

LittleDragonZ
24-01-09, 10:59 AM
The first character I loved to play as was Zhang Jiao in Dynasty Warriors 3. Now I think he's just bad. :S
Because he would've been funny to use and shoot fireballs at the opposition. Not forgetting that your lack of knowledge then wouldn't of known about him compared against the others. Though lightning on his weapon was awesome since the lightning element on the likes of Sima Yi was brilliant in that game.

I wouldn't of minded using him first to see my reaction.

LewisSO
24-01-09, 01:03 PM
Because he would've been funny to use and shoot fireballs at the opposition. Not forgetting that your lack of knowledge then wouldn't of known about him compared against the others. Though lightning on his weapon was awesome since the lightning element on the likes of Sima Yi was brilliant in that game.

I wouldn't of minded using him first to see my reaction.
That's pretty much why, I guess. :P

Insp. Chin
24-01-09, 07:04 PM
Either Dynasty Warriors 1 or Romance of the Three Kingdoms V, I can't remember, oh well... :)

Amy
24-01-09, 10:02 PM
DW3 is the first game I bought; I remember playing Guan Du, when I first got it, with Sun Shang Xiang and getting myself killed.

Jsun
25-01-09, 12:28 AM
ROTK 1 or 2 on the NES. I didn't realize what the games were about til I was a lot older. I was probably only 5 or 6 when I played it.

Qing Long
25-01-09, 01:26 AM
You've get your first KOEI games early, Jsun ^^

Well, my first KOEI games bought was Dynasty Warriors 3 on PS2 (though we played some demo of KOEI games before on PS2 & PSOne), first characters of the game bought I played was Sun Shang Xiang ^^ I think (she was surely the only female warriors available at the starting) & my brother played Zhao Yun XD

silvertongue
25-01-09, 02:27 AM
The first Koei game i ever bought was the original Dynasty Warriors for the PSone. Not a bad game but i'm glad they took the Dynasty Warriors series in the direction that they did with Dynasty Warriors 2 and every other after that.

:)

Lord Tsao Pi
25-01-09, 04:43 AM
i first played on dynasty warriors 2 i didnt know what the point of the game was or nothing and now am still going waiting for dynasty warriors 6 empires to be released

scholar
25-01-09, 04:48 AM
Dynasty Warriors 4.

Sho-saka
25-01-09, 01:10 PM
Dynasty Warriors 2, as part of a PS2 bundle. 'Nuff said.

Rom_110
26-01-09, 08:50 PM
For me, it was Dynasty Tactics. And I have to say I like more Lu Bu in DT than in DW. He's far away more charismatic!

Alonzo Orion
26-01-09, 09:30 PM
Dynasty Warriors 2, or Kessen, I forget.
I purchase Dynasty Warriors 2 and only rented Kessen, I never realized that Kessen was produced by Koei until the release of Kessen II which was advertised on the back of the manual for one of the Dynasty Warriors series of games, I was pretty crap at playing them both yet always pushed the difficulty up to hard, as I still do.
I did also play Operation Winback around the same time and again; not realize it was Koei produced, however I didn't own it, it was my friends.

silvertongue
27-01-09, 01:04 AM
I did also play Operation Winback around the same time and again; not realize it was Koei produced, however I didn't own it, it was my friends.

Whats Operation Winback like? Any good?

Alonzo Orion
27-01-09, 06:43 AM
It's good, I recall me and my friend being unable to do anything in Story Mode because it was too hard but that was years back and we were still kids, the versus mode is addictive so if you've got a group of friends to play with, it's more than fun.

God-Like Phoenix
27-01-09, 09:26 AM
I actually remember playing one of the Operation Winback games...before I knew who Koei was ^^ I think it was quite a fun game...cant really remember, it was more than a few years ago :p

Black_Dragon
27-01-09, 10:46 AM
My first koei game was DW2 but that broke before i had a chance to completly finish it

AXOMME
27-01-09, 10:50 AM
My first KOEI game was Romance of The Three Kingdoms VIII and I still play it.

silvertongue
27-01-09, 04:19 PM
It's good, I recall me and my friend being unable to do anything in Story Mode because it was too hard but that was years back and we were still kids, the versus mode is addictive so if you've got a group of friends to play with, it's more than fun.

I definitely need to get it now to add to my collection.

Thanks

:)

akantor
27-01-09, 08:20 PM
mine was a PC game. Oda's ambition12

ManaAlchemist
29-01-09, 07:32 AM
The first Koei game i ever bough was probably La Pucelle: Tactics if i remember right.

legend fighter
29-01-09, 08:49 AM
First one i ever got was phantom brave and i still lov eit to this day.

Psycho_Ifrit
29-01-09, 08:55 AM
The first koei game i ever got was samurai warriors xtreme legendswhen i first got it i only ever used tadakatsu

The3KingdomsWiz
29-01-09, 11:53 AM
My first KOEI game was Dynasty Warriors 2. I remember thinking that the stages in this game were the best out of any other DW game. Bought it for 15 years ago.

PrismZeo
29-01-09, 11:54 AM
I'm not really sure, I didn't really used to take notice of the publisher name on the box. It was probably Disgaea though

Xavier
29-01-09, 12:03 PM
First KOEI game that I can remember I believe was Dynasty Warriors 2 as well. Although I've since lost that game to who-knows-where. :p

Axxis32
30-01-09, 04:24 AM
Bah, you all poor younglings...

My first KOEI game? ... hmm... that would have been Rotk 1, or Genghis Khan 1.
I think.

I have had many many many many KOEI games (there are the pc/amiga ones)... L'Emperor, Uncharted waters 1&2, GK (genghis Khan) 1&2, Rotk 1, 2, 3, 4, Gemfire, Bandit Kings of Ancient China, Nobunaga's Ambition 1 and 2, Liberty or Death, Celtic Tales.

And I cant for sure tell you wich one was my first (although Rtk2-4 wasnt the first) :)

You all have missed something with these great games! Try to get them, and enjoy some really really good games :) My personal favourites among those above would be: GK2, UW2, rkt2 and UW2

Li Nan
30-01-09, 01:45 PM
My first Koei Game was Dynasty Warriors 3 Xtreme Legends.
The Game has a brandnew game play experience for me, if you know what i mean. And i like it. ^^

Jacobar
30-01-09, 07:43 PM
Mine came with my First PS2 in 2000!
The game was.....
DYNASTY WARRIORS 2! Addicted quickly and i followed the company logo for years!
I love Koei SOOO MUCH!....in customer terms *shifty eyes*

Chi-Chi Blanche
08-02-09, 01:12 PM
I guess in all technical sense it was the demo of Destrega, but it free with a magazine... *shrugs* the first full game I bought was DW5, otherwise. Friend got a friend addicted to it, and then he got me addicted to it :) Then I eventually bought my own copy :D

Captain Ashton
22-02-09, 09:08 PM
A friend of mine recomended Dynasty Warriors 3 to me. I loved it so I bought it myself. Since then I've bought every Dynasty warriors game, and many other Koei games also.

Fayt
07-04-09, 12:55 PM
The first KOEI game I played, and later purchased was Kessen II.

Typically my favourite types of games are either RPG, strategy or fighting, I was looking to hire a game years ago and noticed it had a sticker on it from some reviewer saying it was one of the best for the year, it grabbed my attention so I went and hired it. I knew very little about TTK story at the time so wasn't put off by it's odd aspects, and just loved the strategy and gameplay. I then hunted it down for weeks and finally got a copy from a second hand store. I've played it several times from both Liu Bei's and Cao Cao's story modes - clearly I enjoyed it and this is what then made me look to more KOEI games thereafter.

little_zhurong
07-04-09, 11:56 PM
DW3XL was the first for me. I then got DW3. lol

Jiahe
08-04-09, 01:42 AM
First KOEI game I bought was Dynasty Warriors 2. The cover reminded me of Soulblade which was the only reason why I bought it lol. I had no idea what I was doing when I went into battle, I was such a noob! I basically charged at Zhang Jiao without killing off the other officers and peons. I didn't know that I was suppose to do that because they all eventually killed off all my ally officers then my main commander which gave me a "GAME OVER" LOL.

Dynasty Slayer
27-04-09, 10:01 AM
First Koei game I bought was Dynasty Warriors 3, and boy was I hooked on that game forever. It took me 6 years to finish the game inside out. You guys may not beleive me. But I actually acquired every 4th weapon, every item, every char maxed, every stage unlocked, every Character cleared in Musou Mode without the help of any cheats or any walkthrough. YES I was so in love with that game. And then came the rest of the series.

Korin
31-05-09, 02:48 PM
The first KOEI game I bought was... Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires. :D

chibi-eri
02-06-09, 04:04 PM
my first game was dynasty warriors for the ps1 :p

CuckooBanana
13-07-09, 05:10 AM
the first DW game i bought was DW3 for ps2. My bro tried a demo for DW2 and since he liked it so much, we bought DW3 which became my first koei game and made me become a huge DW fan.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_9cad38a919a04db4a04ec903649b6c23/adobe-px-assets/3290b58e82ee441586d99c1ce892babd

AnimaTempli101
15-07-09, 09:30 PM
First game: DW5
First Character: Zhou Yu

Hitsuzen
15-09-12, 08:11 AM
Dynasty Warriors Advance, played as Zhenji. She's amazing