PDA

View Full Version : The most challenging Lu Bu?

LittleDragonZ
23-01-09, 08:37 PM
Which game did you have the most difficulty against him in? I always remember it being in DW2 and DW3. He had that killer C1 in 3 which had huge 360 range and even auto-knocked generals off-guard. Plus not forgetting the cheap healing he did when you were thrown onto the ground.

In DW4 he just was tough in a duel, DW5 and 6 he just went into god-mode.

Of course the easiest method is getting into low health and running in circles, stopping and using your musou attack...

Cao Cao
23-01-09, 08:42 PM
For me,the DW6 Lu Bu...although you can trample him with a good horse. He can 3-Hit kill you,when you have a low level character.

DW5 Lu Bu was tough,too,as he got Musou Rage.

DW2 Lu Bu was not that hard,I've often killed him with arrows,lol.

LittleDragonZ
23-01-09, 09:06 PM
Thats because going close to him, you'll be pounded to death in 2! I remember using arrows all the time in 2 and 3 as well lol. But he often healed after a few hit him unless he was focused and running at you.

DW5's Musou Rage is just cheap, not really clever AI...

God-Like Phoenix
23-01-09, 10:23 PM
For me, I think Lu Bu in DW3 was the most trouble out of all the games, I guess because in DW3, the combos were sorta harder to do, and that just works against me -_-

In DW6, he wasnt really all that hard, he's only annoying because he takes so damn long to die

Ruka
23-01-09, 10:42 PM
I think he is pretty hard in all DW's.

DW3 for me as well...

In DW3 - the first time I beat Lu Bu was with me on critical life always defending and using True Musou while my friend stunned him with arrows. :p We were under leveled and weak, but somehow we made it through, 1-1 he was a pain and his strong charge attacks.

DW5- Musou Rage and C1 was the only thing that annoyed me, since C1 breaks your guard and Musou Rage would make all yout damage but he didn't flinched at all.

In DW4 - no matter whas level, stats, weapon you have he would always be stronger than you, but in-game if you were at decent level he would provide a decent challenge.

Dynasty Slayer
23-01-09, 11:05 PM
I can't beleive everyone says Lu Bu in DW2 was "HARD". Like seriously his the easiest to kill in that game. His fodder compared to other games, but his still the strongest character to kill :D. DW3 He was hard, since he could basically wipe out your entire army on his own, obviously starting with Yuan Shu. DW4 his hard in a Duel fight, but easy in normal fight. DW5 he enters into "Rage" mode which he can get difficult and although I havent played DW6 yet I've seen videos of people getting owned in 3 hits and him turning into a sort of "god" mode. So for me to choose it's sort of hard because each game has its strong points. But i'll go with 3.

LewisSO
23-01-09, 11:10 PM
I really can't remember what Lu Bu used to be like. I should really play all the DW games again... Yeah, think I'll do that next end of term! ;D

Lu Bu in Dynasty Warriors 6 was hard at first, but after a few times you get used to it.

foamy666
24-01-09, 02:25 AM
DW3 Lu Bu is the hardest for me as I can be pounding away at him and then he unleashes a musou and I got the crap pounded out of me and then get up only to be pounded by his normal attacks.

The rest are tough but can be beaten easily.

Jas
25-01-09, 10:33 AM
Diny 3 by a mile, he was redicuasly hard to beat, just when you thought you had him e can still take you out, i have some fond memories of our fights together lol

Kunoichi
25-01-09, 10:35 AM
I've voted for Lu Bu in Dynasty Warriors 6.. I didn't play DW3 or DW2 (but always want to play). He's really a challenge in the 6th part!

Insp. Chin
25-01-09, 03:04 PM
Posts merged please use http://koei.co.uk/forum/images/koei/buttons/edit.gif for that case to get rid of spamming ^^

LittleDragonZ
25-01-09, 03:05 PM
Don't puursuuuue Luuuu Buuu!

*Lu Bu rides in*
Get out of my way!
*swings halberd*
*generic officer goes flying across the screen*

I wonder what generic it was who he killed in his DW3 entrance cutscene. :P

Captain Ashton
29-01-09, 07:53 PM
I think the only game I never managed to killed him in was DW4.
DW5 was ok, I killed him on Hard mode for Zuo Ci's 4th weapon.
Dw6 was more challenging than 3 or 5 for me.
I haven't played DW2 and in DW3 I killed Lu Bu with Dian Wei - the character which I find hardest to control... so DW4 gets my vote.

The Great Sun Ce
01-02-09, 12:41 AM
i thinks its DW5 mainly because of musou rage

Gtown
01-02-09, 01:56 AM
I say DW3. When he can do his C1 and insta-kill you, you know he's too strong. Even on a horse he takes a rediculous amount of life off. Next would be DW6, as he's still pretty strong, but doesn't insta-kill until he uses his tome. Plus you can actually role out of the way of some of his attacks.

LittleDragonZ
08-02-09, 06:49 PM
I found out the first time versus him with Zhao Yun in 6 was a good way using his C1, it would knock him off guard, it effects him. But in 3 you try doing his first charge and he'll laugh at you. You'll find your 30 feet flying away from him because of his C4.

zenkokuku
10-02-09, 12:39 AM
My first Dynasty Warriors game was DW4, and Lu Bu was definitely no pushover in that... His duel is at Hu Lao Gate was impossible for me, I was told by someone from another board that good juggling skills were needed to beat him there. But yeah, I had less trouble defeating Lu Bu at either DW5 or DW6.

Onislash
10-02-09, 02:49 AM
DW2. Unknown cockroach approaches? ( Warnings? Yes, doesnt not mean you recognise him.) I attack, he kills me with a counterattack musou.

lordofjiaozhi
18-02-09, 05:05 PM
It has to be DW6 for me. i found him easy in DW3, and DW4. in 5 he could be tricky. (i haven't played DW2)
by the way i like the DW3 quote at the top of the poll

and its annoying on DW3 when Yuan Shao says ' go to Hu Lao Gate and attack Dong zhuo' - well i'd like to, but Lu Bu is IN THE WAY!!!!

64crayons
18-02-09, 08:07 PM
definately dw3, in 6 he was just strong but had bad reach and was easy to dodge

Maya Bell
19-02-09, 06:44 PM
I think lu bu is hard to beat in DW 3.
My brother hates him there,
because he never could kill him xDD

little_zhurong
06-04-09, 03:56 PM
DW3 and DW4 he was very difficult. I think his hard to beat in the all the games because you start with weak characters and he complete destroys you. In 4 you have to run past him and that’s hard because he follows you.

His also hard in 6 because you can avoid him but then Doug Zhou with call him to assist him then you have to deal with two officers. :( Also if you avoid him, he will kill the "main camp" person Yuan Shu is it? and its game over. Lu Bu is very cool to as play. lol

Jiahe
06-04-09, 05:00 PM
I don't own DW3 so I am going with 4 because the first time I encounter him, I accepted a duel with him and got killed within two hits. He seems much easier in 5 and 6 which is why I didn't pick those two.

Leady FF ^^
06-04-09, 05:14 PM
Strikeforce for sure!

Fayt
06-04-09, 08:58 PM
I found him next to impossible to defeat in DW3, in that game I really did fear the mighty Lu Bu, so that's where my vote goes.

In DW6 - Hu Lao Gate at least he is still quite difficult to defeat there as well, just keep away from him!

Insp. Chin
06-04-09, 09:00 PM
DW3's Lu Bu is really hard then Lu Bu was getting easier and easier in DW4,5,WO, DW6 is quite hard but in Strikeforce he's a total monster O_O well he cheated too much!

Ruka
06-04-09, 11:55 PM
Well for one side its good Lu Bu is a monster on SF, some people mention on how Lu Bu was been toned down on the recent games and how easilly he can be defeated. (namely WO series). I guess KOEI this time wants us to have a hard time against him. :P

But even if the AI is difficulty, nothing is impossible, it might take some intense training tough. Besides one of the game's purpose was to play as a team. :D

I can't wait for it.

Leady FF ^^
07-04-09, 08:23 AM
DW6 is quite hard but in Strikeforce he's a total monster O_O well he cheated too much!

And he has super-Fury mode and a flaming eagle! >.< What a killer.

Kyz99
07-04-09, 04:16 PM
I hated him and Guan Yu in DW6 :P

Matty1994
08-04-09, 10:39 AM
i say dw6 only wen u have a low level character

Lu(Zahajko)Bu
13-04-09, 03:49 AM
As far as Tough the conscnesious seems to be three, i would have to agree, on account of the lack of power ups that one has, when compaired to later games.

As far as a good fight theres nothing like the dual scnerios in both 4 and 6 your choice i like 6's dual stage better, never understood how people made fenced off areas that fast back in the day

mp99
14-04-09, 01:07 PM
i recon DW4 because he challenges you to duals and if not, he hunts u down!!! also, movesets other then his were pretty naff so in DW5,6, i found beating him far more fun. my only issue is the new dual system. why are the enemy generals allowed to mob u whilst ur generals sit back n poke them when thy come too close?? not much of a dual if more then 2 tango!!

the 2 things that make lu bu easy, in my eyes, is the tome and the musou seal. those 2 jst kicks lu bu where it hurts, especially the tome. character dependant but with zhao yun, align right and u can kill lubu in 1 charge in true speed!!!!god it feels good!!

ZHAO YUN FOR LIFE!!!

ebil shrimp
15-04-09, 08:57 AM
i think he's most difficult in DW4 because in 5 and 6 yu can hit him quite easily for a while, as long as you block him your ok (if not your dead in 4 hits) but in 4 if you block he attacks straight through the block wich really annoyed me.

also i think that he shoyuldn't be like super super powerful because if you ned to kill him he's always inspired but more thanthat he's always juiced up with attack x2. if hes so powerful already why make him even more killer!?

anyway i think 4

Chi-Chi Blanche
18-04-09, 02:17 AM
hmm... I've only played 5 and 6, and I'd say 6 is a lot harder than 5. I still haven't killed him in 6... i think... it's been so long since I've played it D:

kiza
20-04-09, 05:54 PM
for me it would be DW5 mosou rage was evil

like when your first level was Hu Lao Gate and your charicter was really weak then i normally give him challenge but end up dying a miserable death

Leady FF ^^
20-04-09, 09:41 PM
The more I play it. The more I know the answer to this is DW: Strikeforce!

baden123456
22-05-09, 11:41 AM
DW6 is now the hardest with lu bu i was trying to beat him on the hardest diffuculty(I actually succeed who would guess) he hits me once i almost dead and it is so hard to hit him

Yurisatan
22-05-09, 12:05 PM
The more I play it. The more I know the answer to this is DW: Strikeforce!

Yeah Lu bu in DWSF is an imba char especially in chapter 6!

Kingdoms_Warrior
27-05-09, 08:30 AM
All i know he is Harder in DWSF...Ch.6 finally ive beat him!

Strongluke9
28-05-09, 04:14 PM
Dynasty Warriors 2 i think i found him the hardest (but as said before by other people, i used arrows as well) But when he came close, its like 95% chance that your gonna do the whole level again =/

Fedric 555
05-06-09, 01:52 AM
wow.in dw6 lu bu,he is consider one of the strongest warriors with two halberd.he is quite strong with his tome special.

Zazabar
06-06-09, 03:12 PM
6 easy. If you have no rare horse or no high level, it's best to just run away. Even with musou it takes forever. And it takes like two shots for you to die.

DEADLY9996
06-06-09, 05:39 PM
Not sure about 6 but in DW3 he was extremely hard on lower levels, he would kill you in 2 hits, and all your allies, all you could do was stand there and fire arrows hit him, then run if he charged at ya.

But once your on a high level on chaos, he's just slightly harder than everyone else. Once your maxed, it just never seems hard enough. :)

Be nice to have another mode above chaos for maxed out characters

Hi everybody
23-06-09, 11:30 PM
I think that Lu Bu was hardest in DW4 (I haven't played many others) and he was the easiest in DW6

CuckooBanana
28-06-09, 09:56 PM
I say the DW3 Lu Bu was the hardest because it was the first Lu Bu i ever faced because that was the first game i played and also when i play DW3 its still the hardest to defeat through all the DW games i have.

Dynasty Heroes
24-07-09, 06:04 PM
I think he was hardest in DW 3 because at Hu Lao Gate bloddy hell on choas difficulty max lvl Xiahou Dun he still 1 hit KO'S you i only ever killed him once on choas at hu lao gate guess how ???

By having max lvl Zhang Fei and Guan Yu on red hare i was Guan Yu my mate was Zhang Fei it took 2 hours to beat him and we had to do runs for health all the time and just as we beat him Yuan Shao died and we failed Lol.

I ran outside with my mate we started shouting out in the middle of the street Damn you F**cking Lubu.

Dynasty Heroes
24-07-09, 06:05 PM
We nearly got arrested seeing as this was 4:00am in the morning good times.... good times.

Chaos92
14-08-09, 05:14 PM
5 cause of rage but 6 cause he can throw the weapon and do a charge combo

Mousou hat
14-08-09, 07:43 PM
DW3 is the hardest, no discussion.

DW6 is the easiest. Ive beaten him with a lvl 1 pang tong on hard difficulty hu lao gate.

Chaos92
14-08-09, 07:47 PM
i took him on as guan ping but died a few times but eventualy beat him

warriorsorochi1
14-08-09, 08:30 PM
Is it just me or does it seem that every game he gets stronger ? IDK

Komatsu-Hime
14-08-09, 09:26 PM
In Dynasty Warriors 4!

Chaos92
14-08-09, 09:45 PM
now in 4 it was his normal charge, grabbing u then a 8 hit combo it took the **** if u was about 2 kill him

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs29/300W/f/2008/138/6/6/Cao_Pi_and_Zhen_Ji_sig_by_alasse91.jpg

Toxic_Chocolate
15-08-09, 05:13 PM
I think DW3 Lu Bu was the hardest, but that didn't stop me from knocking him off his horse, getting on it, riding a few metres, getting off, turning around and repeating the process. I got about eight Red Hares once.

Chaos92
15-08-09, 08:12 PM
yeh but its a cheap win tho, not really fun

Xuan De
24-08-09, 08:11 PM
DW3 was hardest for me, I also liked his weapon and outfit in that one too.

DumbFounded
18-02-10, 10:24 PM
Gotta be 2, I remember standing in front of a gate keeper killing troops to lower his troop bar and then morale thinking it would help me....It diddnt, Hah.

strikerdes
18-02-10, 11:12 PM
For me,the DW6 Lu Bu...although you can trample him with a good horse. He can 3-Hit kill you,when you have a low level character.

DW5 Lu Bu was tough,too,as he got Musou Rage.

DW2 Lu Bu was not that hard,I've often killed him with arrows,lol.

dw2- thats the only way i could kill hahaha

strikerdes
18-02-10, 11:13 PM
Gotta be 2, I remember standing in front of a gate keeper killing troops to lower his troop bar and then morale thinking it would help me....It diddnt, Hah.

and his men were so hard! they were like fighting 8 dong zhuo's! well 8 men with dong zhuo's defence.

i had to kill lu bu with arrows in the end.

Evalion
22-02-10, 09:49 AM
For me the most troublesome was DW2, hes the only one i remember having to run away from, DW6 Lu Bu was hard, but only because his attack damage was through the roof, if he didn't hit you he had nothing.

DragonZhangLiao
15-04-10, 05:49 PM
DW3 Lu Bu i think, the first time I played the game, I played Hu Lao Gate with Zhao Yun, I was expecting Lu Bu to be just like any other general, but within less than a minute he had ****ing annihilated me...needless to say i was slightly miffed...:mad::mad::mad: