PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

LittleDragonZ
23-01-09, 08:52 PM
Not much is known about the game except there's 24 regions to conquer, body motions are used instead of just the render image, and that Meng Huo has been confirmed as a character to return to the series after his DW6 departure.

Your views or expectations?

LewisSO
24-01-09, 11:00 PM
I expect it to be the best Empires game, the best Dynasty Warriors game and the best KOEI game ever made. I'm really hoping that they bring back all the characters they took out. I think they should also give us Musou mode for some of those characters and give us the Musou modes for the characters on Special. This probably won't happen, but you can always hope!
I'm also expecting the Edit Mode to be much better than the previous ones. MUCH BETTER.

silvertongue
25-01-09, 01:32 AM
To be honest i just hope that they get rid of the slow down that seemed to plague the PS3 version of DW6. I've never experienced slow down like that before in any of the Warriors games.
:)

scholar
25-01-09, 02:59 AM
They have announced Meng Huo's return. There is, however, no news on Zhu Rong, Xing Cai, Zuo Ci, Pang De, or any of the others.

Lord Tsao Pi
25-01-09, 03:46 AM
its a shame that they brought back meng huo i never did like him and i hope they dont bring bk any of the others, they where cut from dynasty warriors 6 becuase they where rubbish so dont bring them back koei just leave them buried and move on.

i do however hope that dynasty warriors 6 has much more and way better tactics cards than dw5 empires

scholar
25-01-09, 03:53 AM
Really? I had hoped they would do away with them so that you could have a hybrid of DW and RTK.

LewisSO
25-01-09, 12:08 PM
It's a shame that they brought back Meng Huo I never did like him and i hope they don't bring back any of the others, they where cut from DW6 because they where rubbish so don't bring them back KOEI just leave them buried and move on.

i do however hope that dynasty warriors 6 has much more and way better tactics cards than dw5 empires
Wow. Never thought I'd hear this from anybody. By the looks of Meng Huo, I'm guessing any character returning will be different.

Lady Sun
25-01-09, 05:46 PM
To be honest i just hope that they get rid of the slow down that seemed to plague the PS3 version of DW6. I've never experienced slow down like that before in any of the Warriors games.

I agree, the slow down is terrible.

I love the empires games. I am hoping, that DW6 empires would take the best aspects from DW4 emp. and DW5 emp. I think the tactical gameplay of DW5 emp was great, but the battlefield was too easy. The DW4 emp battlefield was much more challenging, having to kill all the officers at the bases.

silvertongue
25-01-09, 06:13 PM
I agree, the slow down is terrible.

I love the empires games. I am hoping, that DW6 empires would take the best aspects from DW4 emp. and DW5 emp. I think the tactical gameplay of DW5 emp was great, but the battlefield was too easy. The DW4 emp battlefield was much more challenging, having to kill all the officers at the bases.

I totally agree with you on that.

I can't wait!!

Shadow0429
25-01-09, 07:24 PM
I hope in this game they'll have the Create a Warrior and please have the 4th weapon cuz it wouldn't be fun playing the game without it.

Cao Cao
25-01-09, 07:27 PM
I hope in this game they'll have the Create a Warrior.

There will be the CAW Mode. And it's really awesome!^^

scholar
25-01-09, 11:25 PM
Yeah, for example people can have glasses and pose as Medieval Nobles/

Lord Tsao Pi
26-01-09, 01:28 AM
i dont see the point in cutting characters and then bringing them back thats all

scholar
26-01-09, 02:27 AM
I doubt Da Qiao or Zuo Ci will be back

Li Nan
26-01-09, 06:04 AM
I hope there bring another Charas back like Xing Cai, Jiang Wei and Zuo Ci.
But i cant wait to have the game here in germany. Im most excited of the CAW Mode.

Cao Cao
26-01-09, 06:15 AM
I really doubt,that they will bring back any characters...so what,you can make them in CAW mode,like you want them to be.

I really hope,there are more scenarios than in DW5 Empires. They could add after Chi Bi a scenario called "Three kingdoms" or so,starting in 210 AD with many special battles,e.g. Tong Gate,Cheng Du,He Fei and so on. And then perhaps "Zhuge Liang's northern expeditions" starting in 225 AD with the Nanman Battle. That would be nice,I think.

Alonzo Orion
26-01-09, 08:56 AM
I'm in hope that the XBOX360 copy will make some use of Live capabilities, I've long awaited a Dynasty Warriors game that makes use of the internet.

The3KingdomsWiz
26-01-09, 10:00 AM
Hi everybody. I would like Koei to add a game mode where you play the role of an actual officer instead of a ruler, how cool would that be? I think it would be a whole lot more interactive that the ruler based Empire mode, what do you all think?

Cao Cao
26-01-09, 10:05 AM
Hi everybody. I would like Koei to add a game mode where you play the role of an actual officer instead of a ruler, how cool would that be? I think it would be a whole lot more interactive that the ruler based Empire mode, what do you all think?

Lol,this mode will already be brought in. XD

The3KingdomsWiz
26-01-09, 10:10 AM
Really? do you know what the mode is called?

Alonzo Orion
26-01-09, 11:24 AM
They had a mode in one of the games where you play as a soldier, am I correct? Probably Dynasty Warriors 5 Xtreme Legends because thats the only one I didn't own after I gave up on Xtreme Legends being good...
Yeah anyway, I believe they should also bring the skill of the soldiers up a bit, no soldier would stand there open to attack poking at the enemy occasionally in reality, what happened to bodguards and elite guards?

Cao Cao
26-01-09, 11:25 AM
Well,it's the Empire Mode. But you can choose to play as a ruler,like before,or as an officer. As I can't speak japanese or read it,I can't tell you much more about that. Maybe the ruler chooses a terretory to attack/defend and you have to fight there or so. I don't know.^^

The3KingdomsWiz
26-01-09, 11:37 AM
Also, I would like officers to die their historical deaths instead of living til ridiculous old ages. And, I wonder if you will be able to take officers as prisoners instead of just executing, hiring, or releasing them? i suppose well just have to wait til koei tells more come nearer the time. its all exciting stuff, though.

Alonzo Orion
26-01-09, 01:24 PM
Oh yes aging, that'd be interesting...

Thadius
05-02-09, 12:00 PM
Historical deaths were part of the other empires games were they not? I never had that feature on since I didn't fancy my best general snuffing it when I had spent a long time winning battles with him. Has been any info on wether characters will get new movesets? DW6 was a bit of a disappointment when you got say Ma Chao and he shared the same moves as Zhang He and I think Sun Ce.

Onislash
05-02-09, 12:33 PM
Meng Huo is new, and all the characters that got new styles in DW6 special will be new for Europe.

There was a opinon to have people die of age and events in Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires wasnt there?

Alonzo Orion
05-02-09, 02:06 PM
I recall executing everyone who wouldn't join me; fun.

Thadius
05-02-09, 09:26 PM
I used to execute characters with annyoing voice overs like Meng Huo and Xiahou yuan :)

Thx Onislash, at least there will be some new moves then which is cool.

Alonzo Orion
05-02-09, 09:45 PM
Oh, Xiahou Yuan's voice is hilarious, I can do it and make it sound natural.
Pang Tong's is probably the worst and Zhudge Liang's monotone makes the entire of Shu that little bit more boring.

Shadow0429
05-02-09, 10:45 PM
its a shame that they brought back meng huo i never did like him and i hope they dont bring bk any of the others, they where cut from dynasty warriors 6 becuase they where rubbish so dont bring them back koei just leave them buried and move on.

You are so full of yourself, I'd enjoy a dynasty warriors game if it had load of characters to play but with your whinning they have removed so much characters that this game really pissed me off.

Alonzo Orion
06-02-09, 08:45 AM
He's just airing his opinion, no need to insult him at all.

God-Like Phoenix
06-02-09, 08:50 AM
@Shadow0429: please, if you cant say it in a nice way, dont say it at all. You must respect the opinions of others, and not attack them in any way shape or form just because of what they think. Concider this to be a very light warning, if you cant continue to conversation in a civilized way, further action will be taken, thankyou :)

Anyway...DW6:E hasnt really excited me all that much, Im more focused on Strikeforce, but if I do see it when it comes out, I might actually get it...just so I can finally play as Ling Tong with his new weapon :D

Thadius
07-02-09, 09:20 PM
Pang Tong does have a bad voice actor pity really since the character can be quite good. Shu is bland in their character range, but I think Zhuges' voice fits for a grand strategist.

@God-Like Phoenix
I would be pretty focused on strikeforce if I had a PSP =p but it does look fun. Does anyone know what if any new features are going to be in Empires? I have seen what look like abilities in the bottom right corner, but will be there be new tactics, strategies, base types that kind of thing.

silvertongue
08-02-09, 09:04 AM
Meng Huo is new, and all the characters that got new styles in DW6 special will be new for Europe.

There was a opinon to have people die of age and events in Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires wasnt there?

I'm playing DW5E at the moment and in some instances (i presume) when a character dies that's when the message pops up saying the they disappeared from history.

I really excited about DW6E, so looking forward to it! :)

Chi-Chi Blanche
08-02-09, 10:25 AM
Well, since Meng Huo's return has been confirmed I'm expecting Zhu Rong to come back as well. I hope I'm not disappointed :(

I hope there's more scenarios and a more awesome CAW. I was planning on waiting for DW6XL (since I own DW5E but not XL) but if E comes out with all the above, chances are I'll buy it :D

Cao Cao
08-02-09, 11:36 AM
The Edit Mode is really good. I like it very much. And you can make 100 characters. I can't really believe it,but ok,we'll see.^^

I don't mind,if Zhu Rong or any other character is not readded,as you can make them in CAW. But it would be nice anyway,if they come back.

Chi-Chi Blanche
08-02-09, 11:49 AM
That's great :D 100 characters!? how could you make that many... :S

Yeah. I thought Zhu Rong coming back would just make sense since Meng Huo did but if she or no-one else does, well there's nothing we can do about it except make our own :)

Thadius
08-02-09, 07:37 PM
With a 100 max I assume there will be plenty of customisation options then. I wonder if Meng Huo will have a new weapon? I never liked his massive claws, but if Zhu Rong makes a return I will be interested to see if they give her a boomerang again.

Outi
10-02-09, 10:41 PM
I'm looking foward to this 'cause I really started to like Dynasty Warriors 6.

And I must say... even though I'm not a big fan of online gaming and I'd rather play 2 player games with the other player in the same room with me... Dynasty Warriors is the kind of game series that desperately needs and absolutely deserves 2 player online co-op mode.
Oviously it's cool that DW6 allowed 2 player gameplay, but I seriously don't have any gamer friends these days and even if I did... they might not be all that interested in sitting down for a DW6 mission with me.
So... plz Koei! 2 player online co-op for DW6E!

Fox
11-02-09, 07:52 AM
I look forward this game because development of DW 5 to DW6 is very good although there are some things that disappoint me

Outi
11-02-09, 07:50 PM
Stupid question time:

What's the difference between the main DW series and the Empires spin-off series? Is there more real-time strategy gameplay elements or something?

God-Like Phoenix
11-02-09, 07:57 PM
Stupid question time:

What's the difference between the main DW series and the Empires spin-off series? Is there more real-time strategy gameplay elements or something?Yes, thats sort of it...in the main DW games...all you do is go through the stories of all the characters(not so much for 6 :rolleyes: ) and it all goes as according to the storyline.

In Empires, well...I havent played a DW empires since 4, but I think you can choose a certain force or character to take control of...and depending on wether you chose Historical or Fictional placings, you will get to choose which region you will control from the start. You get to take care of all the diplomacy and revenue for you kingdom...and you can decide who you want to attack, or defend if need be.

In the battles, if you played BLADESTORM...you would be able to get a better picture...there are bases throughout the stage, and you must take them, one after the other, until you fulfill the mission objectives.

Uhh...I hope none of that is wrong? :confused:

LittleDragonZ
11-02-09, 07:59 PM
Stupid question time:

What's the difference between the main DW series and the Empires spin-off series? Is there more real-time strategy gameplay elements or something?
There's a strategy phase that you can do certain things that effect the gameplay somewhat. As for the battle, there are point locations on a map that are linked together, you must capture each and push your way to the destination and target the enemy main camp.

No real events happen, but you just slaughtering and moving forward. It's likely the most repetitive of the series if you don't always use your imagination.

Outi
11-02-09, 08:05 PM
Okay.
But it's not like you build some bases and command squads of soldiers and try to position them cleverly to gain an advantage over the enemy or something? The gameplay is still basically the same in the sense that you control this one character and you run around beating people up and taking over bases, right?

Just asking 'cause I'm not exactly a huge fan of RTS games...

God-Like Phoenix
11-02-09, 08:05 PM
Yes, thats right, the style of fighting is still exactly the same :)

Outi
11-02-09, 08:07 PM
Phew... Then I can be officially interested in DW6E .D

God-Like Phoenix
11-02-09, 08:09 PM
LOL, yeah, there isnt that much of a difference in the gameplay between DW6 and DW6:E its just now you have to choose where and when you battle, so its all down to your decision making :)

Outi
11-02-09, 08:12 PM
Right.
That sounds good.
And I still think an online co-op (or even versus) mode would be very sweet. It would be extremely cool playing online with members of this forum!
Oh! And since Sony has made Trophies mandatory as of 2009 DW6E will have trophies! YAY!

silvertongue
11-02-09, 09:43 PM
Right.
That sounds good.
And I still think an online co-op (or even versus) mode would be very sweet. It would be extremely cool playing online with members of this forum!
Oh! And since Sony has made Trophies mandatory as of 2009 DW6E will have trophies! YAY!

That would be so cool! I'd love an online battle with people from this forum!

Is that true about the mandatory trophies? Coolness!

Outi
12-02-09, 01:03 PM
Yeah, Sony said that from now on every PS3 game must have trophies.
I bet DW6E will have some trophies that will take insane amounts of time to get. Like getting all playable characters to level 50.

But we'd like that, wouldn't we? ,D

Alonzo Orion
12-02-09, 01:18 PM
Are trophies on Playstation 3 like achievements for the XBOX 360 may I ask?
I believe that online play on any KOEI made game would be a revelation, I've been waiting for so long to be honest.

Outi
12-02-09, 01:31 PM
Yeah trophies are exactly the same as Achievements, except that... can achievement points (or something) be used to buy stuff online? Trophies can't be used as money.
But it's like... if there's a game that's released on both Xbox360 and PS3, they share the same Achievements/Trophies. You get rewarded with the same prize for the same things.

I went drastically off-topic again.
Tell me to get back on-topic now, I dare ya...

silvertongue
12-02-09, 01:43 PM
Yeah, Sony said that from now on every PS3 game must have trophies.
I bet DW6E will have some trophies that will take insane amounts of time to get. Like getting all playable characters to level 50.

But we'd like that, wouldn't we? ,D

Of course, we'd love that!

I think it's great that Sony have made this mandatory. :)

p.s Get Back On topic!!! :)

Outi
12-02-09, 05:52 PM
p.s Get Back On topic!!! :)*SMASHES SILVERTONGUE'S TEETH DOWN HIS THROAT!*

Phew, I feel better already ,D

Did someone say DW6E will have a "create a warrior" feature? O_O
Where did this information come from and how reliable is it?
I'd totally love creating a warrior!

silvertongue
12-02-09, 07:07 PM
*SMASHES SILVERTONGUE'S TEETH DOWN HIS THROAT!*

Phew, I feel better already ,D

Did someone say DW6E will have a "create a warrior" feature? O_O
Where did this information come from and how reliable is it?
I'd totally love creating a warrior!

Glad i could be of service! :)

As for the create a warrior feature i'm not entirely sure. You could in DW5Empires so i'm presuming you can in DW6 Empires.

LittleDragonZ
12-02-09, 07:52 PM
Yes, CAW is in, and supposedly has never been better. High hopes for this one since I've never really been impressed beforehand.

I'm hoping for longer names also.

silvertongue
12-02-09, 08:58 PM
Yes, CAW is in, and supposedly has never been better. High hopes for this one since I've never really been impressed beforehand.

I'm hoping for longer names also.

Well that's good to hear. I hope it's as good as Soul Calibur IV's if not better!

Zhen JiI
14-02-09, 11:20 AM
i like the edit mode soo much and the new character and i wish they put da qiao in this game !!!!!

Ruka
18-02-09, 10:10 AM
DW6 Empires Japan release has been delayed to 28 May 2009.
Which in result also gets delayed for a European/American release.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou5e/

Captain Ashton
22-02-09, 08:44 PM
I hope it has a few more scenario's than DW5 Empires did. The only letdown of DW5 to me was that the last scenario was Chi Bi with Yi Ling thrown in if you played as Shu or Wu. So in DW6 Empires I'm hoping there is a few more. I was looking forward to Wu Zhang Plains and some of the other later stages. Add those and DW6 Empires will automatically beat DW5 empires for me.

lordofjiaozhi
23-02-09, 05:50 PM
i am pretty conflicted on meng huo, i like his personality, but not his moves... and the staff/tree/mushroom he has looks slow and annoying. i hope edit mode is better, i luv making my own characters. also i liked the DW4 idea of defeting everyone in a base.

malkxtkd
23-02-09, 07:20 PM
I want some old arms back like Ma Chao's spear, Zhou Tai's Katana, Cao Ren's shield, Zhen Ji's Flute, Huang Gai's, Sun Ce's tonfa, Gua Ping great sword, etc with cool badass new animation.

Cao Cao
26-02-09, 02:13 PM
I want some old arms back like Ma Chao's spear, Zhou Tai's Katana, Cao Ren's shield, Zhen Ji's Flute, Huang Gai's, Sun Ce's tonfa, Gua Ping great sword, etc with cool badass new animation.

I highly doubt that they will do this in an Empires game. And besides,Ma Chao will not get his spear back,as he uses his DW6 Special big sword.

Gah,I hope you will be able to choose your troop color for CAWs. I just tried in DW5 Empires to get white troops for my CAW but utterly failed. I got 4 times purple,3 times red,3 times yellow,1 time green and 1 time blue soldiers. NOT white ones.:rolleyes:
And I hope they bring all characters from DW6 and DW5 Empires in. So we have some officers more.

civiliza
26-02-09, 04:35 PM

In my case I am missing Dian Wei's axe throw move. I would love it if some of these old Weapons and move sets were available to Customized Warriors

malkxtkd
26-02-09, 05:31 PM
In each forum that I go I see many ma chao's players crying for the spear return (I'm one of their, sorry :P ). maybe koei listen, maybe not...

Gadner Bhan
03-03-09, 03:20 PM
I'm almost sure the only "new" character to the roster is Meng Huo for DW6E, but I really hope they bring back each one of the removed characters of DW5 in future releases of the series, I like to play with the entire set of characters and was dissapointed when the original DW6 came out having some of them out. I know many people don't mind or don't like to use them, but I'm also sure there are many who actually do (me among them).

Does anyone know if the cloned movesets will remain for this version? I really hope not, cause I think it's pretty useless to have 3 or 4 characters that share the exactly same moves.

The character creation option seems to be quite good as far as I've seen. I always have liked it in the Empires spinoffs and if this time around goes even further in the custimization options, it's gonna be great!

malkxtkd
04-03-09, 02:36 AM
I want news Koei!

screens, chars, weapons, system or anything, please.

malkxtkd
04-03-09, 10:21 AM
thanks Koei for the trailer!!

lordofjiaozhi
08-03-09, 12:56 PM
yeah, the trailers great. i can't wait for DW6 Empires!!!! also, in it, does Taishi Ci have his rods, and does Zhang He have claws?

Cao Cao
08-03-09, 02:12 PM
yeah, the trailers great. i can't wait for DW6 Empires!!!! also, in it, does Taishi Ci have his rods, and does Zhang He have claws?

Yes,they have. Besides that,Ma Chao has his great sword,Yue Ying has her bladed bow,Ling Tong has his nunchuck or what it is called and Cao Pi has his sword from DW6 Special.

lordofjiaozhi
08-03-09, 03:45 PM
Yes,they have. Besides that,Ma Chao has his great sword,Yue Ying has her bladed bow,Ling Tong has his nunchuck or what it is called and Cao Pi has his sword from DW6 Special.

wow!!!!!!! i sooooo can't wait!

Chi-Chi Blanche
13-03-09, 12:56 AM
Indeed and agreed!! I just hope that it ports to PC >.<...

otherwise I'll buy it for my boyfriend as he has an Xbox360. Then when i want to play it and it's at his house, I'll break in and either stay there and play it, to take the Xbox and game and run lol

Shadow0429
14-03-09, 01:50 PM
Does it have 4th level weapons?

lordofjiaozhi
14-03-09, 05:19 PM
Does it have 4th level weapons?

i'm not sure, would they be 4th level? or second level considering there is only 3 weapons all on the same sort of level? but that would be good!! i can't wait to play as a created character!

Jad Hunter
14-03-09, 06:00 PM
I can't wait to play it :p

SteveVice
22-03-09, 11:45 AM
I feel its just too long too wait :)

I`ve actually never played much of the Empires games. I`m wondering if there are usually more maps and characters than in the main installment? Dynasty Warriors 6 was a really good game in my opinion, there were some cool new additions, but one thing I missed was that weapons were random drops instead of hidden on the map. I felt a little more incentive to go explore more in the older games. Allthough Im not as hardcore as some of you guys, I've played Dynasty Warriors 2, the heck out of 3, alittle of 5: Empires and tons of 6.

LittleDragonZ
22-03-09, 11:52 AM
Meng Huo has been confirmed as a returning playable, SteveVice. Also a few maps have been confirmed - Yong An and Nan Zhong.

http://koeiwarriors.co.uk

Sammy
22-03-09, 03:00 PM
I was checking the dynasty warriors 6 official site did they get rid of da qiao if they did why?

LittleDragonZ
22-03-09, 06:10 PM
I was checking the dynasty warriors 6 official site did they get rid of da qiao if they did why?
Welcome!

In DW6 they got rid of 7 characters:

Zuo Ci
Pang De
Zhu Rong
Meng Huo
Jiang Wei
Xing Cai
Da Qiao

Unfortunately nobody really knows why they were all cut.

Sammy
22-03-09, 07:40 PM
aww..thanks for the fast reply..but it doesn't make sense to me that they'd have xiao and not da

Cao Cao
23-03-09, 12:03 PM
As DW6 was rushes,perhaps they wanted to include one of them because of the fanbase of the Qiaos.

zhenzhou
24-03-09, 12:12 PM
I think that they should make an Xtreme Legends expansion after Empires. They have for every DW since DW3, so I don't see why they wouldn't. I hope it has more characters than the last few expansions. A couple of the cut characters - Da Qiao, Zhu Rong, Xing Cai and even Zuo Ci (he was pretty powerful). It' stupid how they cut Zuo and Xing after being in one DW game... I understand that those characters weren't very popular, but they didn't have to get cut out. And why bring Meng Huo back over one of the others? The only time I ever played him was in Okuni's dramatic mode in WO2!

*Is anyone glad that Meng Huo is back?
*Why?
*Who else would you want bacK?
*Should there be a DW6:XL?

Gadner Bhan
24-03-09, 04:41 PM
Well, I am. I've said this many times before, but I think there souldn't have been any removed characters to begin with. The reason is because I'm sure that althought some of them aren't very popular, still there's plenty of guys out there who like them, and play with them quite often. I myself used to play with absolutely every character every now and then.

And another reason would be that some of the removed characters had very unique movesets. It's to be expected that being a hack'n slash game you're gonna find swords, axes, spears and things like that. But, after playing over and over with that kind of weapons with diferent characters, I think it becomes a little repetitive and monotnous, so it's fun to have an alternative with a character that uses something else, like claws, sharp-cards, a flute, gauntlets, a tree... things that offers variety.

So I would say that yes, bringing back the cutted out characters it's necesary. After that, there's already lots of posible characters that fans have requested to see as playable, so it would be just a matter of choose with wich ones to start. And finally, a DW6: XL release wouldn't be a bad idea at all. If the previous versions of XL has been good, I don't see why they wouldn't keep going with them for DW6.

Matty1994
25-03-09, 03:15 PM
DYNASTY WARRIORS 6 EMP IS GOING TO BE THE BEST UNTIL THEY MAKE AN EVEN BETTER NUMBER 7 AND SO ON

Uriko
25-03-09, 11:24 PM
Okee dokey, I don't know about you guys, but I REALLYYYYYYYYYYY want Jiang Wei back in DW. Taking him out of DW 6 was the worst idea in the history of bad ideas. :mad:
He's one of my FAVORITE characters of all time. :D
I really hope they bring him back in DW 6 empires.
It would be great if he was in his DW 4 outfit. That was a cool costume. ;)

God-Like Phoenix
26-03-09, 05:33 AM
Im sure that everyone thinks that the removal of characters was a bad idea, and with the popularity of Jiang Wei...doesnt really make it any better, but I can understand the reason for some of the removals.

Also, I dont think that there will be any more characters brought back for this Empires, but I dont know thats just my opinion, for all I know there could be a few more :)

Gadner Bhan
26-03-09, 04:37 PM
The release date for DW6 Empires isn't very far, so I think it's unlikely they will add any other returning character besides Meng Huo, but who knows? there's always posibility for surprises. Whatever the case will be, I really hope KOEI mends the mistake of deleting these characters by bringing them back in either in an XL version or in DW7.

In fact, I think they actually let them out not because of their "popularity", but because they may have hadn't the time to include them. The cloned movesets for many of the remaining characters it's another reason that makes me thinks this...

Onislash
26-03-09, 05:19 PM
Why not just have more cloned movesets? Not like there was a lack in DW6.

Still I found it interesting that finding certain removed characters in the encloypedia was not possible like Pang De and Jiang Wei makes 1 apperance. If the characters were removed based on time factors why eliminate them from the encloypedia? People dont forget them that fast.

I would be amazed if a game company solely removed a character based on the characters popularity.

Gadner Bhan
27-03-09, 03:35 AM
Well, generally, the cloned movesets problem has brought lots of complains from players. Maybe KOEI anticipated that if they put even more shared moves for characters it would have been too much.

And the encyclopedia omissions are yet another interrogative. Who knows what kind of criterion was used to decide that most of the comments related to the missing characters should also be deleted. We can only speculate... well, in fact, all these are just theories of mine about the reason behind the removal of characters, they may be right, or they may be wrong...

Cao Cao
27-03-09, 07:16 AM
I think the reason why there's nothing about the cut characters is,because they are simply not in the game. Every officer in the encyclopedia appears at least one time in the game. And those who don't,aren't in the encyclopedia.
Just that simple. :-/

zhenzhou
29-03-09, 04:17 PM
I'm hoping that they bring a lot of the same policies back. I really want the "Divided Land" scenario back too. I liked making my own characters and all of that fun stuff. And I hope they'll have "other" weapons like in SW2:Empires like the sword, naginata (I think that's what it was called.) and spear. I'd like to make some really unique characters - and a couple of weird ones. Imagine a big strong dude with Diao Chan's weapon, or a little girl with Dian Wei's or Meng Huo's. xD

little_zhurong
01-04-09, 04:13 PM
Create a character mode would be so cool. I'm really looking forward to the game. I hope they do some more videos and stuff, I like them. Policies were cool. I liked the idea that I can be good, bad or neither. I also like the idea that I got an ending for failing although it was almost impossible to fail on DW5 empires. Maybe they could do a better ending thing or something.

Lu Xun97
03-04-09, 04:41 PM
Does anybody think KOEI would consider releasing this expansion for the PC??

I think it would be a good idea.

little_zhurong
04-04-09, 01:09 PM
It would be a nice idea for those who don't Xbox's and PS3's. I don't think they will they haven't in the past.

I think someone told me it had to with computers and it would take up too much memory and that’s why they didn't in the past, it might be that now newer computers with more processers are about that they will or might consider it. I guess it’s that classic case of wait and see.

Kyz99
07-04-09, 03:23 PM
I hope they improve on the tactical side like having a war council would be good like Kessen because that is an awesome series that has been left behind good tactical gameplay was needed and improved AI =] plus all the other things you guys have mentioned :D

Skelly92
12-04-09, 06:25 PM
What was added to the special version of DW6 special?

Does anybody think KOEI would consider releasing this expansion for the PC??

I think it would be a good idea.

If the pc version sold well most likely but i doubt i did

LittleDragonZ
12-04-09, 11:05 PM
DW6: Special gave some more Musou Modes. Ma Chao, Cao Pi, Zhang He, Ling Tong, Yue Ying and Taishi Ci, all with new movesets. Plus a few more stages. But it had to cut down on the amount onscreen and a few other things.

Only if 6 Empires sells extremely well, will I think it's possible for a PC release. Both DW5 Empires and SW2 Empires never saw a glint of the PC.

Matty1994
14-04-09, 06:31 PM
when is the english dw6 e site coming out dose anyone know please tell me wen

Fayt
15-04-09, 12:14 AM
I haven't really kept up with news on this, but I loved DW5 & SW2 Empires. I'm sure that with the excellent DW6 gameplay that this should be a quality game to play. I'll certainly be getting this soon after release.

I always enjoy the Empires games, in fact, probably even more then the regular Musou games, the greater customisation, strategic and flexible element of them is very appealing.

zhenzhou
15-04-09, 12:36 AM
I always enjoy the Empires games, in fact, probably even more then the regular Musou games, the greater customisation, strategic and flexible element of them is very appealing.

I also enjoy the customizing an strategizing. It just adds to the whole "empire" thing. Im hoping that gameplay will be a little simpler than the original DW6. But I seriously cant wait to make my own characters! :D

Cao Cao
15-04-09, 08:35 AM
So,5 new stages have been confirmed in a new scan. Ling Ling,Jin Yang,Xi Liang,Jiao Zhi and Bei Hai. Looks interesting,although they're a bit small. So,with Yong An and Nan Zhong,we have 7 new stages for Empires.

ebil shrimp
15-04-09, 09:39 AM

thats yur opinion though mate. they were actualy quite an important part of the DW series. also the story of how they were beaten is funny. they might well be better in this new game (i hope so anyway) the fact he was slow was all that bugged me to be honest

bit late to post that reply but i had to say it.

anyway i think this should be really interesting. some new tactic cards would be cool, for instance imagine being able to set off a rockslide at any point as long as there is a cliff to set it from. so like when you choose the tactic card you choose where to set it from ob the map (sort of like the airstrike on the COD series)

Fayt
15-04-09, 10:55 AM
So,5 new stages have been confirmed in a new scan. Ling Ling,Jin Yang,Xi Liang,Jiao Zhi and Bei Hai. Looks interesting,although they're a bit small. So,with Yong An and Nan Zhong,we have 7 new stages for Empires.
Really? Even more maps to play on then in DW6 itself? That is so freaking awesome, I like the sound of this even more now! ^^

ebil shrimp
17-04-09, 04:45 PM
i think the new maps should be interesting and hopefully they have some interestingtactic opportunities or something on them.

man i really am looking forward to this game release!

Cao Cao
17-04-09, 06:55 PM
Really? Even more maps to play on then in DW6 itself? That is so freaking awesome, I like the sound of this even more now! ^^

Yeah,and I've seen all of the DW6 Special maps in there,too,except Ru Xu Kou and Jie Ting,I think. (but they might be in anyway.)

Oh,and here's the scan.
http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/images/magazinescans/dw6e/dw6e-31.jpg

The five stages are in the middle.

Gadner Bhan
20-04-09, 05:38 PM
That's cool.

Chargone
28-04-09, 01:55 PM
I also enjoy the customizing an strategizing. It just adds to the whole "empire" thing. Im hoping that gameplay will be a little simpler than the original DW6. But I seriously cant wait to make my own characters!

wait, what?
I'm confused now. how was DW6's game play complex?
more significantly, you want an empires game that's SIMPLER than the normal game? isn't the entire point greater complexity? [admittedly, of a different type]

i like 6's gameplay a lot, and love empires games
there is very little more awesome than SSX's Special + Musou. in ...umm... [what's that siege one in her campaign?...] i went around the left side, straight into the main camp, on my own, and tore it apart that way.

and it didn't even feel cheap! well... maybe a little, but the awesome totally outweighed that.

can't wait for this game! ... so many custom characters of mine are going to end up with that bow... it's just awesome

anyway, I've not really been keeping up with the news [anyone else get koei news letters in their e-mail with nothing but the date in them?] but more maps are always good, especially if there are a lot of tactical options.

surprising bases is always fun!

ok... long ramble about not much other than that DW6 is shiny and empires should be better, but meh *shrugs* deal. i don't talk here often anyway

edit: and i remembered what the heck i was on about to start with: honestly, the 6 controls are a Lot simpler than the previous ones in most ways. i mean, you gotta remember more buttons, but there's no longer the annoying issue of 'whoops, i just used the stabby attack rather than the sweepy one because the button didn't release properly and now I'm dead'. i could see a complaint that it'd been dumbed down, the fighting on normal doesn't actually require any skill at all... the tactical considerations about What you should be doing, where, when, when to use specials, etc etc, though, are a lot better than before. combining that with the ability to knock the generic guys around like so much powdered snow, and, well... that's what i really want in a game of this nature Anyway Empires stratagy stuff just makes it better.

oh, and forgive me if this has been mentioned somewhere, but i DO hope they decouple strategic AI difficulty from tactical AI difficulty from enemy combat strength. ... in 4, and [to a much lesser extent] 5 and sw2 empires, turning the difficulty up enough to get a challenge out of the strategic AI for me... tended to render rulers neigh-invulnerable. and definatly past my ability to beat in combat :S i could out maneuver them easy enough... it was actually stabbing them in the face that tended not to work. [seriously, dieing against the general when he's the last enemy left, and that counting as a loss? sucks.]

on a completely different note, what's up with emoticons counting as images? I'll admit i have a tendency to use the things as punctuation, and that an actual image limit makes sense, but still... that one confuses and annoys. oh well. guess i'll deal.

i fail at not rambling. heh.

Nevfx
01-05-09, 09:18 AM
Empires is a game for people who always wanted more power in the strategies used etc.

I love the Empires games. This one is at end of June, which is good, because I can buy it and spend the summer holidays playing it!

I like how Meng Hou's back, and muscular, not overwieght!

I love how the characters have there DW6: Special movesets, meaning I was denied Special but can still use the new weapons etc.

littledragon
06-05-09, 02:07 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes: copied off the site

Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires follows tradition of allowing the series to reveal it's more strategic and customizable approach through tactics and creating your own unique warriors in order to unite ancient China.

It starts with the opening that pretty much sums the game up very clearly of what's to come. The most honest opening yet. You'll witness the Kingdom of Wu's Zhou Yu showing you all the phases. From being a simple ronin scouring the land, to becoming an officer, then controlling China as a Lord. Within these few minutes you will see Zhou Yu plan ahead, go into battle with some companions and even bow before Sun Ce, as you would normally expect him to if you've any knowledge of Dynasty Warriors and his relationships. This is indeed the game in a nutshell.

Now about the actual gameplay. The Empires series is known for you starting off with a little part of China, often known as ''The Land.'' What you can do from here is choose at your own free will of what you make of it all, you can decide to attack certain nearby places, or even need be, defend your cities from a localized sweep. Though as an important factor of the Empires series, buying tactics and recruiting characters can be done during these stages of events. So once all that is done, you go into battle and brawl your way through to the enemy commander within a time limit without you or your commander being killed. Do this for over a course of many hours through thick and thin and you'll find yourself uniting the land under your banner, or your Rulers that's. In this main mode before you really get going, a fictional option letting you play more your way, or the historical option where you can follow and perhaps alter time-lines of The Three Kingdoms period of China.

Worth noting now is that for the first time you're able to play as a Vagrant (ronin) and earn your keep that way. Basically you will have much less control of where to attack and the course of action to be given. You will literally be freely fighting for the AI commander's turn of events. Otherwise there's the Officer and the Ruler status, the former will gain submissions from who you're working for every few months, enough to keep you occupied and feeling that being a part of is vital to controlling everything. Now as a Ruler, you have all the control you could want, such as using the tactics from purchasing and collecting character cards known and found throughout the two games before, 4 Empires & 5 Empires, plus more for the taking. Of course, hiring, attacking and defending should always be top priorities too. So really, the three above are different grades ranging from little control to lots of control over the battlefields.

CAW, also known as create-a-warrior in the series, is back. This time it's very large on customization that you won't know what to do next or what kind of body clothing you will collect after buying or finding them through missions. And do not fret, 100 places are set for you to fill in, so no need to delete in order to make room. Though unfortunately, the amount of characters used for creating a name has not changed. Plus this isn't it for CAW, not only can you change a body shape of your heroic or joke character, 6 Empires allows you to change a person's shape face and even go from a deep voice to a high pitched. So yes, you will certainly have plenty to do and spend time on with CAW, it's expansive.

Now in terms of the modes and what's new to the series or based upon the latest installment, Dynasty Warriors 6. First off, for those who've played DW6 would be aware that it for the first time, gave it a makeover with the new Renbu system. That has returned. But, in a slightly different fashion. Now you will need to buy a grid from the shop for each Kingdom which will unlock the Renbu system for that entire Kingdom.

Moving on, those who missed out on the PS2 version of Dynasty Warriors 6, the characters who were given new weapons and move-lists will be like so in this game as well. But otherwise in terms of new historic non-generic characters, Meng Huo has reawakened his tribe and has come back looking thrice as huge and ready for some action. This time carrying a huge pillar which he likely pulled out from his homeland wishing to smack some stupid grunts on the head with, in both a serious and punishing style. Or even with a more comical approach, summoning a giant mushroom from the ground which spins and fires spore pellets. Remembering the fact that DW6 featured two special attacks for each character (now there's 4 slots that you will need to buy to fill), in his case one of his looking extremely cruel to witness. One thing is for sure, this guy not being one you want to be rivals with due to his move-list and physical presence. And as other added bonuses, Empires gives his land some time and BGM, along with other historical places through interpretations via playable maps. Not forgetting Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires will, as a first, give customers DLC (download-able content) costumes and even BGM's through PSN and Xbox Live. Also if you haven't forgotten the background music will be more of use here due to the fact Empires allows you to choose your music track pre-battle. A few new BGM's will be in the game, though, spanning through the series giving 150 music pieces.

Another new feature is having the ability to edit the ending this time around. But in order to do so you must complete the mode.

There's the Encyclopedia which enlists what historically happened and gives a more honest view on the many faces found in Empires. And there's the Visual Database which is the new name for the Gallery from past titles. Brand new music plays here, though the main purpose, showing off character art (up to 4 per char) of never-before-seen poses. However, I'm sure you will be excited to learn that you can actually buy these now, as well. And if you've been following the series, you'll likely know there's the voice tests and specific character quotes within this mode. This includes the generic officers as well.

That's it for the Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires preview. From just watching the opening to completing your first Empire mode, I'm sure you'd agree it's a step forward for Dynasty Warriors in the sense you will know what you're doing and how much control you have. Vital for this specific series of games.
:D:

Chidori09
09-05-09, 02:36 AM
I cant wait for this game as DW6 clones stopped me from playing it, i hope theres none in this aswel and this CAW as littledragon describes it sounds awsome.

They also should Zhu Rong back now Meng Huo`s in it.

Cao Cao
09-05-09, 08:34 AM
I cant wait for this game as DW6 clones stopped me from playing it, i hope theres none in this aswel and this CAW as littledragon describes it sounds awsome.

They also should Zhu Rong back now Meng Huo`s in it.

Sorry,but none of the characters gets decloned and no new characters are in (except Meng Huo).

lordofjiaozhi
09-05-09, 10:52 AM
have they got a definite UK/Europe release date for it yet?

Kyz99
09-05-09, 12:57 PM
=] I want DW6 Empires out (prodes Koei) hehe :p

Nevfx
10-05-09, 04:20 PM
have they got a definite UK/Europe release date for it yet?

If you mean like a day, not on this site, but Play.com, who claim to get there dates from makers, say 26th June. This site just says June. So basically, next month. Not long left at all, I can't wait for May to just get outta the way, then the countdown. My sisters prom is 24th, two days earlier.

StratocasterEv
11-05-09, 04:17 PM
Theres quite a few good games coming out on the 26th of June, I'll be spoilt for choice! (Though I'm just gonna get DW6E)

Nevfx
12-05-09, 09:34 AM
I was looking for Empires on New Releases on GAME.com and it says 26th there as well. Your right, there are a LOAD of games coming out 26th June and alot look interesting.

But I'll get Empires.

Outi
12-05-09, 01:36 PM
I really think KOEI should tweak the graphics engine of these games a bit more often (now people are gonna hate me again). I mean, considering how DW6 was released in 2007 why are they still using the same graphics engine on DW6E and WOZ? ... Yeah, I know it doesn't cost as much just recycling the old stuff, but still.
DW6 looks old... in an ugly way. It doesn't look old in a charming way like games from the mid 90's and prior to that. It looks old like mildly enhanced PS2 graphics.

And I'm not saying this because I'm a of over the top graphics. I'm saying this because KOEI doesn't make all that much changes to these games anyways... And that's the main reason why people don't take these games seriously. It's the main reason why these games get shitty reviews. Because not much changes over the years. It's just the same games and same spin-offs over and over again with a new number to go with the title.
It's an easy and cost-efficient way to make money.

But seriously.
If they don't wanna go through the trouble of figuring out how to improve the gameplay mechanics or coming up with individual movesets for the clone characters, they could at least do something about the graphics.

(I'm ready to get murdered now for being a total bad guy and an obvious anti-KOEI fan...)

EDIT:
This is just my unbiased opinion.
I'm not a fan of KOEI and I'm not a fan of their Warriors series. I look at these games just as I look at any other game. And honestly, I understand why these games get such awful reviews... 50% of the 40+ character roster are just clones who share the exact same movesets and character animations. And the gameplay mechanics are totally fossilized: as a new gameplay feature in DW6, you can swim and climb ladders (and this is the only major change compared to DW5) ... which you could do in Mega Man games 22 years ago. AND on top of that they don't bother developing a new grapics engine until they've released at least 4 games on the old one.

Onislash
12-05-09, 02:21 PM
That is a matter of perspectives isnt it? I dont see wrestling games or FPS or sports or rpgs get shitty reviews for rehashes, as the gameplay still mostly the same thing over many many games.

Sure the gameplay is exaclty the same since DW2 but I am wondering what they can do to change it. At least Renbu was certainly different (I didnt like it) they got blasted for it which I imagine was very encouraging for change. Swimming was rather useless but at least ladders made for interesting sieges (a difference? Nah, still bashing square right?).

This isnt DW2, there are differences between Liu Bei and Sun Jian (example) in terms of character movesets. They are not huge but they are different.

LittleDragonZ
12-05-09, 02:39 PM
Comes from that phrase ''If it ain't broke, don't fix it.'' Sadly the reviewers from places such as X-Play only give it a dead low score after playing for 10 minutes or so. They don't understand what's the strengths of the series -the history and number of personalities behind it all, slaying countless soldiers never really gets tiresome for Warriors fans, it's addictive gameplay. It's what I, and what I've read many fans say, love.

And yes, I really really love the likes of Final Fantasy, but how similar are they at it's core? Plus I've myself heard Madden's name mentioned many times as being similar.

The thing is with Strikeforce, it got better scores as usual because they couldn't ignore that it's different, trying not to sound arrogantly bias. Yet still I've seen sites that have revealed it's not selling that well. Could be because Gundam 2 was released too close for comfort or just the fact it's down solely to the PSP.

What the Warriors games need back are the stories and charge attack system incorporated into this possible Renbu, if they decide to keep for the 7th hack n' slash.

Onislash
12-05-09, 02:51 PM
Charge attacks + Renbu = DW:G1 does it not?

Its rather annoying for example to see FPS to get high scores for shooting. Pressing R1 is really hard, entertaining and great right? Some guns are different but not to a revoluntary level. Multiplayer? What are the legendary changes between each game that keeps them getting perfect scores?

Should I mention Pokemon? :confused:

Outi
12-05-09, 02:55 PM
I dont see wrestling games or FPS or sports or rpgs get shitty reviews for rehashesYou don't?

Man... I knew new graphics in Warriors games wouldn't get much support here.
Maybe I shouldn't say anything more.

Onislash
12-05-09, 03:03 PM
... Every game gets all reviews. You tell me whether those genres get constant 3/10s.

Outi
12-05-09, 03:41 PM
I agree, 3/10 IS pretty harsh for a DW game.
But honestly I wouldn't give a DW game any more than 5-7/10 either.
It's not that I don't like these games. I love DW6! But if I put aside the fact that I like the way it reminds me of old C64 and NES games where the whole point of the game is just to whoop as much generic thug ass as you can and only look at how good the game is technically, content-wise and presentation-wise... It's totally passable.

And if you're in it for the oldskool nostalgia of simple brainless button mashing and non-stop ass kicking, there sure as hell are better hack & slash games around than this.

I'm not trying to bash on the Warriors series. That'd be pointless 'cause I like these games myself. I'm just saying that I can see why these games never get good reviews. I think there's a real reason for that. It's not like the critics are just trying to make the members at Koei Forums cry.
These games get bad reviews because... agh... Let's just say that KOEI honestly isn't giving much reason for other people than the happy bunch at their Warriors forums to spend their money on these games. And in the long run KOEI will have to do something about their flagship game series or they'll be in all sorts of trouble.

Onislash
12-05-09, 03:59 PM
These games get bad reviews because... agh... Let's just say that KOEI honestly isn't giving much reason for other people than the happy bunch at their Warriors forums to spend their money on these games.

... What are WWE, FIFA/ PES 2009 or Gears of War/Killzone or Final Fantasy M doing that bring in new people? I suspect as LittleDragonZ says that the reviews mostly plays for 10 minutes and its time to write.

Outi
12-05-09, 04:09 PM
... What are WWE, FIFA/ PES 2009 or Gears of War/Killzone or Final Fantasy M doing that bring in new people?I don't know mate. I haven't played WWE, FIFA, PES or Gears of War.
Killzone 2 on the other hand is... a really solid FPS game with a great story (which DW doesn't have), totally awesome multiplayer mode (which DW doesn't have), some really intense gameplay (which DW doesn't have) and on top of that it's one of the most visually advanced video games ever made (which DW isn't).
Final Fantasy games are different every time (which DW isn't). And they're still at the top of the JRPG genre as far as technical execution and quality goes.

But... is this the point here?
Is the point to compare FIFA09 reviews with DW reviews? And complain about how FIFA games never get as bad reviews as DW games? I don't know about you but I really can't say a thing about FIFA games 'cause I've never played them and I've never been interested enough to check out a single review... (which makes me wonder how many non-KOEI fans have never played a Warriors game and never been interested enough to check a review?)

I thought you people as fans of KOEI's Warriors series should know that it's totally possible to like a game that gets shitty reviews. But I suppose you don't see that it's possible to like a game even if you agree with those shitty reviews.
So... what? What I'm saying here is complete blasphemy to you?

Onislash
12-05-09, 05:16 PM
New people = New fans.

I repeat what has Killzone 2 done to ensure new fans to the game?

I have played a lot of FF and it is doing the same thing in terms of battling (What you do most of the time when playing). The new concepts are more focused on pre-battle and dont impact selecting skills to perform a move in battle.

By this point its a minor miracle (called DW:SF) for a DW game to get more than 3/10 review averages. My problem is other efforts of similar standards of improvement get 8/10 like FIFA (I am picking on this, I am aware that other examples exist). Now, why does similar efforts result in such a vastly different score range? IMO Popularity, which isnt a fair reason for that. Reviewer should try to think that the are people that actually like the game and want actual information on the games. If they did this I suspect the scores will change.

Sure I like shitty games called Dynasty Warriors and Gundam.

LittleDragonZ
12-05-09, 07:46 PM
... What are WWE, FIFA/ PES 2009 or Gears of War/Killzone or Final Fantasy M doing that bring in new people? I suspect as LittleDragonZ says that the reviews mostly plays for 10 minutes and its time to write.
I remember reading a review around the time Gundam 2 came out and this guy had problems with the Black Tri-Stars. He likely jumped straight into Amuro's story and battled them at Odessa, then. And it's doubtful they tried it on hard mode whilst just pressing square all the time.

I remember fighting them myself and since I knew what I was doing and expecting, I handled them very easily on normal mode. I didn't go to hard til a few stages were done.

Anyways, to get this slightly more on topic, here's a producer video for this game. Though it's in Japanese, you can see CAW and Meng Huo briefly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G_E-sUY9PA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ekoeiwarriors%2Eco%2Euk%2F&feature=player_embedded

Outi
12-05-09, 09:25 PM
Sorry LDZ, I still need to say this, but I promise this is the last thing I'll say about this business, no matter what kind of replies I'll get...
My problem is other efforts of similar standards of improvement get 8/10 like FIFA (I am picking on this, I am aware that other examples exist). Now, why does similar efforts result in such a vastly different score range?****, man! I don't know!
But what I do know is that Killzone 2 and your oh-so-lamented Final Fantasies are helluva lot better games than any of KOEI's Warriors games. They're better in the sense of pure overall quality! WAY better!
And "what does Killzone 2 do to ensure new fans to the game?" ... Well, gee I dunno... Maybe you haven't played the game and that's why you're asking questions like this. But I can repeat what I've said earlier... A-AHEM!
"Killzone 2 is a really solid FPS game with a great story (which DW doesn't have), totally awesome multiplayer mode (which DW doesn't have), some really intense gameplay (which DW doesn't have) and on top of that it's one of the most visually advanced video games ever made (which DW isn't)."
The usual method by which new fans are ensured to a game is that the game is goddamn good (read: KILLZONE2). I mean, that's what game developers are - or at least SHOULD be - striving for: GOOD GAMES! If the game is good, people are gonna want to buy it and play it.
Now the other way to ensure new fans to a game is by releasing oodles of low production cost sequels and spin-offs (read: WARRIORS). If you have three practically identical game series and you release an average of 2 games of each series per year, you're gonna be making at least ONE new fan every year, regardless of how good/bad those games actually are.

Also... some people acutally like FPS games. Just as some people like hack & slash games. I'd like to point out that the hack & slash genre (which the Warriors series is a part of) is no more diverse than the FPS genre. And you shouldn't say that FPS games as a genre is one bit more monotonous than the hack & slash genre just because you personally don't play FPS games.
What I don't get is why did you even start comparing the Warriors series to FPS, sports and wrestling games. We're talking about completely different genres here! That's completely irrelevant considering how I only said that I agree with the bad reviews that the DW games have been getting. I never said I agree with the good reviews that such games as FIFA and PES have been getting. In fact I said I don't wanna talk about FIFA, PES, WWE or Gears of War 'cause I've never played those games or read any reviews and thus I can't have any opinion on them.

It's fine by me if you don't want to see any improvement made in the Warriors series. But please allow me to have my opinion too. We're both here on these forums because we like these games so I don't understand how the hell this mess got started in the first place.
The difference between you and me is that you like these games and you disagree with the bad reviews, whereas I agree with the bad reviews and I still like these games.
Now... can we please just settle down? Or are you gonna start an actual beef here?

I'll say it one more goddamn time.
If I had to write a review of a Warriors game I could not - in all honesty - give a higher score than 5-7/10. Still, I like these games because of personal reasons and I will be buying Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires, Warriors Orochi Z and probably Dynasty Warriors 6 Xtreme Legends, if it ever gets made.
I'm sorry to see that it's not enough that I like these games. And I'm sorry to see that my hopes for improvement in the series is getting such a hostile reception. I can't be a blind fanatic. I can't pretend that these are above average quality games.

Are we clear on this?

NOW. To get back on what I was saying before all this bullshit started...
I would have really wanted to see a new graphics engine used in DW6E considering that this game is coming out 2 years after DW6.
And if anyone else attacks me because I'm hoping to see a new Warriors graphics engine sometime soon then I swear to god I'm gonna quit these forums for good.

EDIT:
Here's a really good post for everybody to read! (http://koei.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=16096&postcount=1)

Nevfx
13-05-09, 10:48 AM
I read that post you linked to, the Topic Creator sounds very bitter.

Despite all these "problems", which I, being a major KOEI fan, are of course blind to, the games are very popular in Japan, and in the West.

I also agree with what LittleDragonZ said, it comes down to if it aint broke, don't fix it. I'm not attacking you, but I think the same graphics engine is used because its still Dynasty Warriors 6, if you get my drift. Its nothing new, know what I mean?

Outi
13-05-09, 12:34 PM
Hey my bicycle isn't broken either. It just isn't a very good bicycle. It has no gears, no handbreaks, and no lock built to its frame... I need to carry around an extra chain with a lock if I don't want it to get stolen. And that's just the way it is. That's the way it was made. So it's not like it needs any fixing 'cause it still does what a bicycle - at minimum - is supposed to do.

But what if I told you that it leaves plenty of room for IMPROVEMENT and I'd love to have those improvements done. Catch my drift?

Oddman
13-05-09, 02:28 PM
they, like Nis, are catering to the fans. They are content with what sales they have and keep on doing that. maybe they just really really like making games they like and dont give a fack about money (>_> hmmm XD). but anyway. i thin kthey should be more bold. try to differentiate. better graphics for the graphic whore, more options. I mean the best thing they could do is make MORE options, MORE choices, twist their noggins a bit and come up with an even bigger variety of moves andf stuff. i played DW5 and well, after awhile it bored. it was just hack and slash, and if i want that i can go to Godhand and have a laugh playing it as well as more fun. and why do FIFA, PES and gears get better scores? well umm maybe they are keeping with the standarts of the industry, making things that are already fun even more fun. and these guys are just copypasting. its a very nice thing what they did with strikeforce, some different, something fresh. i mean THIS is the way to get more buyers.

cheat07
13-05-09, 06:50 PM
the problem here is that the main market for the games is in japan not in europe america or austrailia its in japan. And in Japan dynasty warriors is MASSIVE. so although it doesnt match everyones taste every where else its not meant to.

The series is still great and i enjoy all of the games but the two markets namely japan and every where else are very different as far as this game is concerned.

Also for the graphics etc, might not be the case but with the amount of games they make, the budget might be tight and deadlines short. perhaps if they took their time with each game we would have better quality.
but then there will be people who will complain that they want a new dynasty warriors. its bound to happen.

Nevfx
14-05-09, 09:35 AM
I mentioned that somewhere, that its massive in Japan.

Update, it says 26th June on this site as well now. So its confirmed.

baden123456
22-05-09, 11:57 AM
Man i hope most likly it wont come true but i wish it could come out for ps2 i would do anything

Nevfx
22-05-09, 06:33 PM
It wont. Should get a PS3 or XBOX 360

littledragon
24-05-09, 07:20 PM
it is so spectacular that its going to be the best and the customization system is wickid raw and ucan do anything from hair highlights to shoe type

and also it is aso got 4 new stages and

the new rinbu system is S.I.C.K

:D:D:D:rolleyes:
also every one tell as many people as u can to buy it and try it because this game it to good to not get a good rateing for best seller and game of the year.

Cao Cao
25-05-09, 07:35 PM
Free Mode has been taken out...I'm a bit sad because the first thing I had wanted to do would have been playing Xu Chang with Cao Cao and other officers and kicking Sima Yi's ass...but I can live without it.

Nevfx
25-05-09, 08:14 PM
You sure?! You sure it wasn't just the demo didn't have it?

If thats true, I'm NOT HAPPY.

Im getting kinda worked up...If it doesn have free mode, I'll get it, but I could cry. Yeah I know I'm sad. If its not true, then why would you say that? I couldn't live without it.

Cao Cao
25-05-09, 08:37 PM
You sure?! You sure it wasn't just the demo didn't have it?

If thats true, I'm NOT HAPPY.

Im getting kinda worked up...If it doesn have free mode, I'll get it, but I could cry. Yeah I know I'm sad. If its not true, then why would you say that? I couldn't live without it.

There are some guys who already have the japanese version of the game. And there's no Free Mode. I hope you have to unlock it,but I doubt it.

Nevfx
25-05-09, 08:39 PM
There are some guys who already have the japanese version of the game. And there's no Free Mode. I hope you have to unlock it,but I doubt it.

Typical, I was looking foward to this game.

Load of bull. More crap from KOEI.

Yeah Im bitter. :(

Zenelix
25-05-09, 11:08 PM
Did the other Empires games have Free Mode? I have all of them, but I don't remember.

...which shows how little this removal/noninclusion is going to dampen my enjoyment of the game. :cool: After all, you get Empires games for Empires Mode!

Nevfx
26-05-09, 12:21 AM
I didn't....I loved Free Mode....but all of them did except Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires.

I've calmed down now. Dont care, still cant wait to be a ronin, officer and ruler!

Yurisatan
26-05-09, 07:20 AM
Did the other Empires games have Free Mode? I have all of them, but I don't remember.

...which shows how little this removal/noninclusion is going to dampen my enjoyment of the game. :cool: After all, you get Empires games for Empires Mode!

In some topics DW empires is way different than ordinary DW

Zenelix
26-05-09, 03:27 PM
I didn't....I loved Free Mode....but all of them did except Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires.

I've calmed down now. Dont care, still cant wait to be a ronin, officer and ruler!

Nice. I too can't wait, I want to make my custom character and be a ronin or work for Yuan Shu! :D

My only worry is that the game might be too easy (a problem with the previous games... it's not fun if you win every time!). I'm probably gonna have to do it on chaos difficulty again... SW2E was great for that, as I had my custom (and lvl 1) army in one of the smaller unification wars on the highest difficulty. I've never appreciated my fellow officers as much as I did then! ;)

In some topics DW empires is way different than ordinary DW

...? :confused:

Nevfx
26-05-09, 03:52 PM
I'm going to make myself and then be a ronin...or just play as Shu, like I always do.

Yurisatan
26-05-09, 03:57 PM
Oops my mistake i though you were questioning.

Zenelix
26-05-09, 04:22 PM
Np mate, it's all good :)

On another note, this Officer Mode they're adding could be what I've been craving for ever since they made the first Empires game. I've never been one for being in command of everything, I've always wanted a DW game like RTK VIII where you play as one guy and kinda write your own story in the chaos... In a way, I want it to be like that mode in DW5XL where you play as a custom guy/girl and work for your force, except with the map and length of Empires. Hopefully this'll make my dreams come true.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm contradicting what I said before. Not everyone gets Empires games for Empires Mode! I'm getting it for Officer Mode! :cool:

Nevfx
26-05-09, 04:24 PM
I used to get it for Free Mode.

Now I get it for the CAW.

DEADLY9996
27-05-09, 11:38 PM
Hey All,

Anyone know what the battlefields will be like? i had one of the empires and found the maps really empty, compared to a full Dynasty Warriors map, which was really dissapointing. Be nice if you could have equal sized armies to those on the main game, so you could crack upto 1000 kills and more.

Also can you command officers ingame? and tell them to backup other officers?

Cao Cao
28-05-09, 10:49 AM
Hey All,

Anyone know what the battlefields will be like? i had one of the empires and found the maps really empty, compared to a full Dynasty Warriors map, which was really dissapointing. Be nice if you could have equal sized armies to those on the main game, so you could crack upto 1000 kills and more.

Also can you command officers ingame? and tell them to backup other officers?

As far as I've seen in gameplay vids,you will be able to score 1000 KOs and more. But that's perhaps because of the mass of soldiers in the bases.

As for officer commands,I don't know anything.

DEADLY9996
28-05-09, 03:21 PM
As far as I've seen in gameplay vids,you will be able to score 1000 KOs and more. But that's perhaps because of the mass of soldiers in the bases.

As for officer commands,I don't know anything.

That sounds good, i have many ideas from different games, which they could implemennt without ruining gameplay.
But the 1# selling point is having better battlefields and fuller ones than on the previous DW:Empire game i played.
I'm pretty positive that the maps were really small at about 20-30mins each, and a limited number of troops, which kinda made any serious strategy pointless.

If you'd like me to post some ideas i have for the game (Some may already be mentioned here tho) i can do, so maybe they'll be added to a #7? :)

Btw, can u post links for them Vids? i can only find old DW Vids.

Thanks

Zenelix
28-05-09, 10:56 PM
I'm sure you could command your officers and tell them to back each other up in the other Empires games. In fact, I'm almost positive you could :)

Jas
28-05-09, 11:06 PM
heres the vid :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7YKoTGfQs8&feature=channel_page

cheat07
29-05-09, 12:12 PM
Watched the video and it looks awesome, but thye havent really bulked the enemy armies up much so there are still some empty maps around.

DEADLY9996
29-05-09, 02:25 PM
Thanks For The Vid!

Watched the video and it looks awesome, but thye havent really bulked the enemy armies up much so there are still some empty maps around.

Yea, does look that way, but the maps do look bigger though. I don't see why they couldn't have bulked the armies up a bit more.

Anyway we will see when it comes out, be nice if they could put a playable demo of it on the playstation network.

civiliza
29-05-09, 03:08 PM
In theory, the size of the armies on each side is determined by the ranks of the participating officers- as the game develops, each officer gets to command more soldiers (providing the soldiers have been recruited that is).

A maxed out officer can command 20,000 soldiers, so in theory you could be facing 120,000 soldiers if your enemy has been developing his officers properly (plus another 120,000 commanded by late arriving relief officers).

That said, if you choose to reset the officer's ranks between games, there's not much chance of that happening.

DEADLY9996
29-05-09, 04:48 PM
If my officers max out, could i keep em that way if i started the empires game from the beginning?

I'm not sure how maxing out will work with your own officers on empires, i'd like to max them out manually, then play on chaos difficulty (or harder) with my maxed out officers on empires mode (Providing i could select the officers i wanted).

Although i would have thought the officers would be set for the diffculty your playing, and it would be just your own character that would be maxed out.

I'd just like to play with everything thing and one at Max from the beginning of a game (after manually getting them there ofcourse), with a nice full map and plenty of head smashing going on. :)

cheat07
29-05-09, 06:12 PM
In theory, the size of the armies on each side is determined by the ranks of the participating officers- as the game develops, each officer gets to command more soldiers (providing the soldiers have been recruited that is).

A maxed out officer can command 20,000 soldiers, so in theory you could be facing 120,000 soldiers if your enemy has been developing his officers properly (plus another 120,000 commanded by late arriving relief officers).

That said, if you choose to reset the officer's ranks between games, there's not much chance of that happening.

This was done on dynasty warriors 5 empires yet even so it was impossible that there was going to be anywhere near this number on the map so although it says 20,000 the chances are its still an empty map. However this is an occasion that i would like to be wrong.

DEADLY9996
29-05-09, 07:33 PM
However this is an occasion that i would like to be wrong.

Yea i'd like you too be wrong aswell :)

DEADLY9996
31-05-09, 11:52 PM
Well i looked, it's Dynast Warriors 5: Empires i have, played it and it wasn't as bad as i thought, i think it was the xtreme one that really sucked.

But the battlefields are waayyy to empty, there doesn't seem to be a difference between 200 and 20000 men on the map, you just have small groups of men dotted around the map, and thats about it.
Barly seem to scrape 300 kills most of the time. Average between 200-250.

There is commands for your officers, which is Defend, Attack, Come Here, And Do What You Want.
But it is for all officers, and not specific ones.

What DW 6: Empires Needs Is:

1) Fuller battle fields (as mentioned above).
2) Officer Placement (so you can place officers where you want).
3) Specific Officer Commands.
4) Better battles, be nice if the AI didn't keep charging at you, losing, then coming back.
Be nice if you had to go through an officers men before he/she came charging at you (either being alot of men..ie 1000's to kill per officer, or stronger men so it would be tougher to break through their lines).

That would be more realistic anyway. (Although it's hardly realistic with superhuman officers :P).

Most of that i mentioned is standard in the main versions of the Dynasty Warriors Series, i don't see why they lesson it for the Empires Versions.

But thats my view :)

Zenelix
01-06-09, 11:44 AM
There is commands for your officers, which is Defend, Attack, Come Here, And Do What You Want.
But it is for all officers, and not specific ones.

If you go onto the pause menu and go to the battleground/unit list/whatever its called, you can select individual officers and give them different orders. I think this is standard on all Empires games, but I haven't played any recently so I can't say for sure.

Onislash
01-06-09, 12:20 PM
The directional pad can be used on the playing screen to command your army to: Attack, Defend, Gather to me, Whatever Suits You. I find that it makes officers too focused on one thing.

The menu screen allows very specific orders to be given, but I would rather be killing things.

cheat07
01-06-09, 03:54 PM
ye in 5 empires you could order officers to attack or defend specific units or bases but u had to pause the game to do so which i felt took u out of the battle a little too much which is why i didnt order officers to do all that much.

I think they need to use a simple system using the directional pad but maintain the specific orders. perhaps push the up button to bring up attack orders left defence right other etc then another button to assign the order to an officer.

DEADLY9996
02-06-09, 04:36 PM
Ah, i'll have to check that out, doesn't seem to say in the manual, but i'll give it a try! (Although does say it on the back of the case!)

I'm fine if they keep the D-Pad, i'd just like a more specific system at times, could come in handy!

But i'll give it another go tonight and see if i can figure it out!:)

DEADLY9996
03-06-09, 04:22 PM
Well i found it!

I think i remember it, might have done it long time ago :rolleyes:.

But it does help, i can keep my allies alive without having to back em up all the time.:)

So i'll just round it down to these for DW:6 Empires

1) Fuller battle fields (as mentioned above).
2) Officer Placement (so you can place officers where you want).

StratocasterEv
03-06-09, 04:29 PM
I remember playing DW5E and my officers and bases kept struggling and I had Huang Zhong on my team and for some reason whenever I sent anyone to go and help some-one he'd just randomly say "I'll help" then abandon what he was doing leaving whoever it was he was helping so they started struggling and he kept going back and forth! It was fun :P

cheat07
03-06-09, 06:05 PM
I remember playing DW5E and my officers and bases kept struggling and I had Huang Zhong on my team and for some reason whenever I sent anyone to go and help some-one he'd just randomly say "I'll help" then abandon what he was doing leaving whoever it was he was helping so they started struggling and he kept going back and forth! It was fun :P

ah the good old days, boy have AI come on since then.

23 days till i find out how good the new empires is.

DEADLY9996
05-06-09, 03:47 PM
21!

http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Action/~r338910/Dynasty-Warriors-6-Empires/?s=dynast%20warriors

Is it just me or does it look like theres many red and blue dots? within the dark red and blue areas?

Now it’s time to see if you have the tactical nous to match your battlefield bravery. Have you got what it takes to lead an entire army into battle? Can you make the tough political decisions required to keep your rivals in check? Will you be able to unite all of ancient China through diplomatic cunning and military might?

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires gives you the chance to answer all of these questions. For the first time ever in a Warriors game you get the opportunity to play as either a ruler or an officer. You can choose to be the all powerful decision maker who combines politics and tactics to achieve the ultimate goal or the warrior who carries out those orders and turns strategic planning into battlefield glory.

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires Features:

* Choose from two distinctly different ways to play the game.
* Create your own unique character in edit mode.
* Collect and use special cards to gain a strategic advantage both in battle and in your political manoeuvring.
* Explore each level to discover strategic advantages and use new surprise attacks to catch your enemies unaware.
* One new character that didn’t appear in Dynasty Warriors 6 and six more characters have new weapons and new move sets.
* Brand new stages and levels that present new challenges to overcome. Including the return of the Nanman Kingdom.

^.^

Cao Cao
05-06-09, 04:25 PM
So,bad news,experience won't be taken over if you start a new game. Only weapons,horses and things like that.

cheat07
05-06-09, 05:49 PM
So,bad news,experience won't be taken over if you start a new game. Only weapons,horses and things like that.

dang, oh well provides slightly more challenge i suppose.

LittleDragonZ
05-06-09, 08:40 PM
Yeah but a character's moves are linked to their weapons, so it's not all that bad. Besides I won't be likely going back and using the same characters over and over again.

And the first music DLC has been released, however they're just the themes from DW1...

Static
06-06-09, 07:50 AM
hey littledragonz maybe you could help me out in the new empires will it feature 'free play' mode?

Thanks,
Static

DEADLY9996
06-06-09, 09:27 AM
hey littledragonz maybe you could help me out in the new empires will it feature 'free play' mode?

Thanks,
Static

Pretty sure there isn't one, they instead spent more time on the Character Edit Mode, i think.

DW6: Empires website, havn't seen it mentioed around here, so thought i'd post it up:

http://dynastywarriors6.co.uk/empires/

LittleDragonZ
06-06-09, 10:22 AM
Pretty sure there isn't one, they instead spent more time on the Character Edit Mode, i think.

DW6: Empires website, havn't seen it mentioed around here, so thought i'd post it up:

http://dynastywarriors6.co.uk/empires/
Yes, no Free Mode I'm afraid. It doesn't really bother me myself because the mode has been lacking uniqueness for a long time now. I just hope in the future it would be more like Gundam 2's.

Static
06-06-09, 12:24 PM
kk i guess the CAW will keep me occupied

darkogreer
11-06-09, 03:15 AM
I wonder if u will be able to decide who your commander and such will be insted of having them suggested to u it would be cool

Cao Cao
11-06-09, 09:08 AM
I wonder if u will be able to decide who your commander and such will be insted of having them suggested to u it would be cool

If you mean Officer Mode,I think you are able to choose the commander. You can even rebel and build up an own force.

darkogreer
11-06-09, 11:18 AM
lol guys if u check out the uk website for DW6E it says u can get married how cool is that

http://www.dynastywarriors6.co.uk/empires/

go to empire mode and itsays on the first page there lol

cheat07
11-06-09, 01:07 PM
cool as it is to get married i just wonder why you would want to.

plus does this mean the vagrant mode is simply a sit back and watch untill you want to join in the fight, kinda like a lone wolf.

edit: just finished reading the empire section and now i really want this game to come out now i cant wait the 2 weeks forit to come out.

StratocasterEv
11-06-09, 02:38 PM
It sounds like it'll be like the ROTK games except with Dynasty Warriors combat instead of turnbased. This game's gonna be great! :D

darkogreer
14-06-09, 01:11 PM
i was just wondering is anyone here found any screen shots are anything from it iv found the intro and a few screenshots but nm else like

cheat07
14-06-09, 01:37 PM
there is a vid of actual game play,its on this forum somewhere, if i find it or someone else does ill either post it here or tell u where it is.

Edit:
K found the video its on page 16 of THIS thread. I cant copy it as it causes errors when i do hope this helps.

One-Eyed Legacy
15-06-09, 01:13 AM
:O They should release the Strikeforce costumes as DLC for the regular characters.
I'd buy loads of them :D

cheat07
15-06-09, 09:59 AM
They could DLC release new characters for example bring back old characters such as jiang wei etc and release them in character packs. that would be cool.

Cao Cao
15-06-09, 10:24 AM
They could DLC release new characters for example bring back old characters such as jiang wei etc and release them in character packs. that would be cool.

They won't.

Only Music from DW1 and costumes for CAW are comming as DLC.

darkogreer
15-06-09, 10:34 AM
thats a shame i wonder if when ur ruler u can give titles to your general like 1st west or grand general

Darkdamien
17-06-09, 04:46 PM
Hello, do you know if Dynasty warriors 6 empire will be translate in french (text) ?

Thank you (sorry for my english, I am not very good...)

darkogreer
17-06-09, 06:07 PM
i dont see y not like they should yea

Cao Cao
17-06-09, 07:48 PM
Hello, do you know if Dynasty warriors 6 empire will be translate in french (text) ?

Thank you (sorry for my english, I am not very good...)

Most likely yes.

Leady FF ^^
18-06-09, 10:09 AM

Yes, it will have French Text in it (and German if you like).

Darkdamien
18-06-09, 04:03 PM
Yes, it will have French Text in it (and German if you like).

Cool, thank you very much, I love Dynasty warriors game ^_^

(pre order ready ^^)

cheat07
18-06-09, 06:23 PM
I just want to see if any one on the forum knows exactly what the new vagrant mode is, i think that it is basically a mode where u can play as any officer and u are free to fight with who you want when you want doing things such as getting married.

I just want to see if anyone else knows for sure or if they have there own ideas.

darkogreer
18-06-09, 10:24 PM
from what it says on the website an officer can swear an oath get married have kids and attend banquets lol and there should be more stuff u can do as well cause it says etc

Cao Cao
19-06-09, 12:58 PM
from what it says on the website an officer can swear an oath get married have kids and attend banquets lol and there should be more stuff u can do as well cause it says etc

Officers won't have kids. <.<

Korin
19-06-09, 03:42 PM

This isn't the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series!

baden123456
19-06-09, 05:40 PM
I am sad because it wont be out for ps2 and that is my only system

Cao Cao
19-06-09, 06:25 PM
This isn't the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series!

However,swear oaths and marriage is in the game. I don't know about the banquets though...

darkogreer
20-06-09, 01:28 AM
it says on the uk website u can

TRANSFORMERS22X
20-06-09, 05:11 AM
I'm going to create 4 officers, 2 males & 2 females, and use it to balance the team. It'll be fun to post your character(s) on the internet and shares with around the World! One will be ninja-style, 2 will be the bodyguards and the other one will be my 2nd-in-command officer :) I'll be starting out as a loyal officer for the King...then after a Month of playing as a loyal officer, I'll switch to a Ruler. The most importance is not to wins war, but to wins policy on & off the battlefield. Cheers-

Andreas-andi
20-06-09, 05:15 PM
DYNASTY WARRIORS 6 EMPIRES - New Gameplay Video and New Edit Mode Videos:

Here is the new Gameplay Video:
http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=11327

And, here are the new Edit Mode Videos:
1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQtt2ttL0_I&feature=channel_page
2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C7Cr9PMxgA&feature=channel_page
3- http://www.gamingunion.net/news/dynasty-warriors-6-empires-create-a-character-mode-detailed--197.html

cheat07
20-06-09, 07:12 PM
thnx for the new vids, less than a week till europe release, cant wait.

Chidori09
20-06-09, 10:19 PM
I cant wait either this week is gona drag but i hope its worth the wait
and it just sounds like an action based romance of the three kingdoms which = awsome about time koei.

darkogreer
21-06-09, 04:31 AM
this is going to be one long week like lol

darkogreer
21-06-09, 04:59 AM
just out of interest if ur a ruler or an officer and ur kingdom falls does that mean game over and u get to be an officer without a kingdom (i forgot wat u called the mode lol)

LittleDragonZ
21-06-09, 08:49 AM
just out of interest if ur a ruler or an officer and ur kingdom falls does that mean game over and u get to be an officer without a kingdom (i forgot wat u called the mode lol)
There's Ronin (lowest control), Officer, Lord (all control over what you do.) These all interconnect, so you can even be a Lord and demote yourself to Officer. You can be a Ronin and rank to Officer. Plus when you get captured or your Lord dies, you're able to choose to serve the other force. Of course defect as well.

aentos
21-06-09, 09:34 AM
I have noticed that the release date for Xbox 360 at GAME is june 2009 while ps3 has it at 26/6/09 is there any problem with the 360 distribution?

EDIT: k thx Leady

Leady FF ^^
21-06-09, 12:45 PM
There's no problem. We sent all the PS3 and XboX 360 stocks to GAME last Friday. It's just a mistake on their website.

darkogreer
21-06-09, 07:26 PM
dont suppose u can tell us anything oh is there going to be more like events like in the last one were u promoted 5 generals to grand ones r anything

Chidori09
22-06-09, 07:35 PM
@ LeadyFF

can you pick your A.I. opponents in fictional campaign? as i want to make enemies in CAW like gongsun zan and add them instead of using default armies.

Leady FF ^^
22-06-09, 09:39 PM
Sorry guys, I'm not such an expert on this game. I think LDZ and Insp. Chin could answer your questions though.

Chidori09
22-06-09, 11:39 PM
@littledragonZ

do you know the answer to my earlier question plz?

StratocasterEv
23-06-09, 02:27 PM
Yay! It's just been dispatched from GAME!

darkogreer
24-06-09, 01:45 AM
guys i work in GAME and we just got the game in store and i have to say i was looking at the box of it i can only say IT LOOKS AMAZEING

Andreas-andi
24-06-09, 02:45 AM
DYNASTY WARRIORS 6 EMPIRES - The first North American and European Reviews :

Destructoid.com - Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires - Review Score= 8/10 : (80%)
http://www.destructoid.com/review-dynasty-warriors-6-empires-137200.phtml

Beststuff.com - Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires - Review Score= 86/100 : (86%)
http://www.beststuff.com/blog/2009/06/23/review-dynasty-warriors-6-empires.html

Gamepro.com - Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires - Review Score= 4/5 : (80%)
http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/210934/dynasty-warriors-6-empires-page-1-of-3/

Teamxbox.com - Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires - Review Score= 7.1/10 : (71%)
http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1726/Dynasty-Warriors-6-Empires/p1/

Kokugamer.com - Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires - Review Score= 7/10 : (70%)
http://www.kokugamer.com/?p=6039

darkogreer
24-06-09, 03:20 PM
iv just read all the reviews they all seem good to me ma bro whos not really a fan said hes even going to buy it so looks like the games could get a few more fans

Nevfx
24-06-09, 03:30 PM
guys i work in GAME and we just got the game in store and i have to say i was looking at the box of it i can only say IT LOOKS AMAZEING

You work in GAME!!!

WOW, your like...a gamers god.

StratocasterEv
24-06-09, 06:37 PM
Wow! Another DW without biased and negative reviews!

cheat07
24-06-09, 07:11 PM
these could well be the best reviews since dynasty warriors 4, this just goes to show the games are taking a turn in the right direction.

darkogreer
25-06-09, 12:14 AM
i have to agree with u there man

Andreas-andi
25-06-09, 05:05 PM
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires "TROPHIES"

Here are Trophies:
1- http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/dynasty-warriors-6-empires/trophies/
2- http://blueraycenter.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16298&postcount=238

And here are the sources and info:
1- http://www.ps3trophies.org/news-214-Game-Added--Dynasty-Warriors-6-Empires.html
2- http://n4g.com/ps3/News-350991.aspx

Andreas-andi
26-06-09, 08:51 PM
Here are more new good Reviews and Review-Scores about the game "Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires" :

Gamerlimit.com - Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires - Review= 8/10 : (80%)
http://gamerlimit.com/2009/06/gamer-limit-review-dynasty-warriors-6-empires/

TheBitbag.com - Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires - Review= B : (80%)
http://www.thebitbag.com/2009/06/26/review-dynasty-warriors-6-empires/

CuckooBanana
27-06-09, 12:34 AM
What happens to your character after you beat empire mode? Do you keep that stats and weapons and stuff you bought or do you just start out where you did before.

LittleDragonZ
27-06-09, 07:44 AM
What happens to your character after you beat empire mode? Do you keep that stats and weapons and stuff you bought or do you just start out where you did before.
When you beat Empire mode your character loses all other stats, but keeps his or her weapon stats only. So you'll have to level them again, but at least this time with a strong weapon.

Onislash
27-06-09, 07:52 AM
Eh, not quite. There is a bonus menu, where paying 300 points allows you to keep previous weapons after finishing a officer mode. I had way more than that but not enough for much else.

LittleDragonZ
27-06-09, 11:52 AM
Ruler mode is insane with default character and weapon. I couldn't believe how much harder it felt after playing easily in Officer mode.

Jiahe
27-06-09, 03:42 PM
I made the classic mistake of completing a battle then moving to the next month without saving to go into a battle I lost because a bunch of officers kept knocking my health down causing Quan to get killed in Ruler mode. >_>

Uriko
27-06-09, 04:47 PM
Well, Now that I have the game. The good things are:
The edit mode. (and all it's nice costumes and faces and everything else).
The fact you get to do marriages and oaths and other things in empire mode.
There's a lot of things you can do in empire mode.
There's still a multiplayer thing you can do in empire mode.

Now for the bad things: There's no free mode.
The game is kinda hard even on easy mode.
You can't chose where everybody's gonna be placed in empire mode.
There's still no Jiang Wei. =(

Wow, I hope this doesn't sound like complaining. These are just my opinions that's all.

Jas
28-06-09, 08:18 PM
just got back from holiday this morning and reall looking forward to buying Empires tomorrow morning =)

So just to ask has anybody got a new favorite character, or favorite feature ?????

Voz
29-06-09, 02:05 PM
My favorite feature is definitely the CAW system :)

Stubu
29-06-09, 03:11 PM
I would say my favourite feature so far would have to be the CAW feature and the fact that extra items become available for finishing mercenary missions and capturing and hiring certain officers.

Also the ability to change thr outfit of you CAW while playing the game (through the system menu in game) is also a brilliant idea :)

silvertongue
29-06-09, 05:58 PM
Well I've just finished Yellow Turban chapter and yes it took an age as I wanted to finish all the mercenary missions. I love the custom character mode and created my very own Lady Wu and levelled her right to the maximum.

Like Stubu says the ability to change your custom characters outfit during the game is also a nice little touch. Lady Wu had a different outfit for every occassion. Am I sounding slightly obsessive? lol!

Another plus to is that I haven't experienced any kind of lag whatsoever, YAY!!

LittleDragonZ
29-06-09, 06:54 PM
@Jas: Most people have said Officer mode is the best feature. Also the expansive CAW.

@silvertongue: Yes it seems to run smoother, though still the Fog of War is present. Peons appearing out of nowhere, especially in the main enemy base.

silvertongue
29-06-09, 08:20 PM
@silvertongue: Yes it seems to run smoother, though still the Fog of War is present. Peons appearing out of nowhere, especially in the main enemy base.

I've come to just expect the officers just appearing as a Dynasty Warriors trait. Also the clumps of grass that when approaching still disappear, lol! Again another Dynasty Warriors trait that we all expect :)

BEHEMOTH
29-06-09, 11:18 PM
I LOVE the CAW feature! I love just about everything in this game, however I have one fault with it, and it's sometimes the easy mode just feels like it's changed to chaos mode.

LittleDragonZ
30-06-09, 05:29 AM
@silvertongue: It was removed for a few games. Then came back to DW6... And I think the vegatation vanishes just to make the game runs smoother. I mean, the maps are huge and swarming with enemies. But it wouldn't matter if Koei would just slightly decrease the troop count.

@BEHEMOTH: Morale and troop count plays a lot in this game. I've had Easy feel like Chaos at one point when first starting off. You need to either not do Ruler mode where it seems to be harder, or use the Training feature and slowly progress. Though once you get a few battles done it becomes easier.

StratocasterEv
30-06-09, 02:42 PM
Pretty much every battle I fight on the second scenario I get 1000+ KOs, it's so much fun with a really over powered weapon! Although when I first started the Yellow Turban Rebellion I found it incredibly tough, I had to do allot of the mercenary missions and upgrade my weapon allot to actually win some of the proper battles.

Andreas-andi
30-06-09, 05:07 PM
Here are the right TROPHIES of "Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires":

The internet site PS3-Sense.nl and the internet site PS3-Talk.de are postet the right Trophies about the game "DW 6 Empires" (PS3) :

PS3-Sense.nl :
http://www.ps3-sense.nl/2009/06/trophies-dynasty-warriors-6-empires/

PS3-Talk.de :
http://www.ps3-talk.de/allgemein-trophies/39574-preview-dynasty-warriors-6-empires-trophy-liste.html

+

And, here are more new good Reviews and Review-Scores about the game "DW6 Empires":

Electronictheatre.co.uk - Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires - Review= 88/100 : (88%)
http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/xbox360/xbox360-in-depth-reviews/2356-electronic-theatre-in-depth-review-dynasty-warriors-6-empires

Gamezone.com - Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires - Review= 7.6/10 : (76%)
http://ps3.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r36727.htm

Kyz99
01-07-09, 02:13 PM
I have just completed the Yellow turban rebellion and it one didn't intiate the battle against the yellow turbans and no cut scenes throughout the whole campaign and it took forever taking each region ( not bitching) am i missing a key thing should i play with Yuan shao or something ?? and also i completed it and then i started again on another campaign and it said i had No clear points confused me any pointers to solve my game issues =]

StratocasterEv
01-07-09, 03:06 PM
i completed it and then i started again on another campaign and it said i had No clear points confused me any pointers to solve my game issues =]

If you reload your old saved game it lets you choose a different scenario with all your clear points

LittleDragonZ
01-07-09, 05:30 PM
I have just completed the Yellow turban rebellion and it one didn't intiate the battle against the yellow turbans and no cut scenes throughout the whole campaign and it took forever taking each region ( not bitching) am i missing a key thing should i play with Yuan shao or something ?? and also i completed it and then i started again on another campaign and it said i had No clear points confused me any pointers to solve my game issues =]
It's normal. For some reason there's no event battles like Chi Bi, Guan Du etc, whatsoever.

Onislash
02-07-09, 02:46 AM
A pity, but I have played those stages a lot so I can not say I care too much. Those trophies seem much easier than the achievements of the last game.

Kyz99
02-07-09, 01:33 PM
Thanks you helped alot =]

Nevfx
02-07-09, 03:03 PM
Got all the trophies, yay!

My first platinum trophy. Cant believe there is special battles. I know we've all played them before, but nevertheless, why remove them?

silvertongue
02-07-09, 04:06 PM
Got all the trophies, yay!

My first platinum trophy.

Congrats!

Nevfx
02-07-09, 05:08 PM
Thank you!

I found it easy to get these ones, unlike in other games.

Kyz99
02-07-09, 05:28 PM
Well all my CAW's dissapered and i dont really know why weird thing is I still have my games so im lost help if you can

Nevfx
02-07-09, 06:26 PM
I dont get you.

Do you mean, all of your CAW's are gone for the Edit Mode menu, or just your Empire Mode file, and you still have all your data.

I dont get the problem.

Jiahe
03-07-09, 01:17 AM
Has anyone get all the edit endings? I am missing a few part still and not sure what I need to get them. I think I need one being a tyrant ruler which I am not sure how to be one like that in my game right now. My CAW is the ruler and I am trying my best to be god awful to my troops and what not but instead I have too much faith in my people. What do I need to do to change that?

Also in Empire mode, does the game every run out by a certain month? I know in previous Empire games, they prompt you when your time is up after a certain amount of turns because I am near 245 A.D.

Kyz99
03-07-09, 09:14 AM
I dont get you.

Do you mean, all of your CAW's are gone for the Edit Mode menu, or just your Empire Mode file, and you still have all your data.

I dont get the problem.

No what i mena is that all my CAW's have dissapered from the edit menu :/

Nevfx
03-07-09, 09:28 AM
Sounds like they were deleted...you sure you didnt do something by accident? Hmmmm...

The time limit is 300 AD, Jiahe.