PDA

View Full Version : Username Origin

Ruka
24-01-09, 02:31 PM
Simply tell us how did you come up with your username?

As for me, I don't have a fixed username on any forum, I tend to use Ruka on a couple I go I was planning to use here as well. But since I was kinda excited about Gabranth from FFXII entering Dissidia I decided to go with his 'Judge name' as username.

LittleDragonZ
24-01-09, 02:40 PM
After DW3 Zhao Yun's quote at Yi Ling - ''Behold the spear of Little Dragon!'' I just decided to add the Z for Zhao at the end since I knew Little Dragon would be a popular choice of name.

LewisSO
24-01-09, 05:05 PM
I've called myself Shaff for so long, I don't remember anymore. I've seen a lot of Shaffs online now, unfortunately. Also A LOT of people have Shaff as a last name.

Insp. Chin
24-01-09, 09:35 PM
Chin is my name, as for the Insp. I forgot how did it come, it just appeared suddenly on my mind, I guess. XD Can't think of anything more creative lol!

foamy666
24-01-09, 09:44 PM
The 666 is always on my usernames as for the foamy bit it's based off foamy the squirrel a macromedia flash character whi's series I watch.

Amy
24-01-09, 09:59 PM
My name is Amy, self-explanatory. :D

Pang Tong
24-01-09, 10:15 PM
I have various usernames but I choose Pang Tong as it was the costume I was working on at the time of of the forum ^^

Zechs
24-01-09, 10:23 PM
Over 7 years ago I watched my first Gundam series, Wing. Zechs was my favorite character.
Now I don't like very much Wing anymore, it's the less beautiful Gundam series, but Zechs it's my name. I'm Zechs since 2001-2002, now it's my second name. :D

My other username is Zekkun, usually at online gaming.

LewisSO
24-01-09, 11:27 PM
My name is Amy, self-explanatory. :D

I'm guessing your name is Amy.

God-Like Phoenix
25-01-09, 12:38 AM
For mine...well, I was quite liking the phoenix...so I went through a few names with Phoenix in it...most of them were quite crap. Untill I put God-Like at the front...and ive stuck with that ever since.

Also, quite a coincidence...my favourite NBA team is the Phoenix Suns :lol:

Jsun
25-01-09, 12:49 AM
A couple years ago, one of my email accounts was hacked so I decided to pick a new username. I tried entering different variations and spellings of Jason, but all were taken. So I just typed in the first letter of my name and the word “sun” because of my developing interest in Astronomy. Thus, the username Jsun was born.

silvertongue
25-01-09, 02:35 AM
i just made mine up, pure and simple. I don't really have a story behind it, lol!

Leady FF ^^
25-01-09, 10:23 PM
Well mine is long!

Lead is from Lead Phoenix my fav character from SEGA Saturn game (yes, I'm old game) Burning Rangers - which is one of my all time favs. the intro - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FsfRCPclhdM . Lead is the guy with grey hair and pony-tail.

Anyway for some reason I choose the username as Lead 'Foetus' when I started using games forums when I was at Uni (back in 2000 lol!).

The '^^' is just something i put at the end of my messages all the time!

Alot of people think that it is Lead as in the metal but it's Lead as in 'Leader' ^^

So that's it!

scholar
25-01-09, 11:10 PM
scholar is just a name I always will have.

Alonzo Orion
26-01-09, 09:52 AM
Well I do tend to go by the username 'Alonzo Orion' which is my own completely thoguht up name but I thought I'd revert back to my older more suitable username which is 'Song Xian'.
For those who don't know Song Xian was a general who served under Lu Bu and along with Wei Xu and Hou Cheng, betrayed and captured him and his horse and presented him to Cao Cao, all three slain by Yan Liang in seperate duels at the battle of Guan Du before he was slain by Guan Yu.

Jacobar
26-01-09, 04:28 PM
Mine is my nickname... we were thinking of really posh names.
So. Jacob.....Jacobar....the 3rd XD
So its been jacobar for 4 years

d-man916
28-01-09, 07:04 PM
Well d-man was a nickname I was given in 2005 from my maths teacher... the popularity of the name increased as most people called it me around school

As for the 916 it was taken from the name "Austin 3:16" But thought 316 was too common so I used 9 instead of 3

And hence d-man916 waas born into the online world ^_^

Li Nan
28-01-09, 08:42 PM
My Nickname came from the first Forum i have made. I was searching for a name for my own Charakter and then i had the Name Li Nan.

Kaka Extreme
28-01-09, 10:48 PM
bwuhahahah here comes the story...

As many no i am a complete idiot when it come to costume making, not knowing how to use a sewing machine, knowing nothing about materials or even how to use them!
My costumes wasn't the best, actually lets change that... I WAS TERRIBLE!!!
Why all this non sense??? ... well this is where Kaka Extreme originated!

As time went on I needed a name, a nickname which is easy for people to say, not like my real name. So I looked back into the things I thought and this is what came up,

Poo... but hell they aren't very attractive names I have to say so i did the best choice bye translating in French which is Kaka... means the same but in a nicer way 8D and the Extreme?

Extreme = she is a extremely stupid!

and that is the story of the birth of Kaka Extreme lol

PrismZeo
02-02-09, 09:01 PM
The origin of my username isn't that interesting, the "Prism" part comes the Prism Rangers, who are a very silly bunch of power ranger wannabes from the Disgaea games.

The "Zeo" part is there because pretty much all my previous usernames had the letter "z" in it. Since the prism rangers are a bit like the other type of rangers, I took the word from Power Rangers Zeo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers:_Zeo)

wow, I bored myself with that story...

Kenji Icarus
02-02-09, 09:33 PM
Kenji is a male japanese name. I've chosen this from 2 persons:
1. Mike Kenji Shinoda, member of Linkin Park (rap parts, keyboard)
2. Kenji Harima, main character from the Manga/ Anime "School Rumble"

Icarus is, for these who don't know, a tragic person from ancient greek mythology. He had wax wings with that he tried to escape an island. When he flew too high the wax was molten and he fall into the stormy sea and died.

ManaAlchemist
03-02-09, 06:50 AM
I can't really remember how i came up with this name, but as far as i can remember, i used to come up with strange names when i was smaller and i liked "Rijax" which i later on added Twilight to because i like the word Twilight and then i started to use it on the net.

Onislash
03-02-09, 10:38 AM
Omnislash - m = Onislash. A username that actually worked for me.

Outi
03-02-09, 12:11 PM
I have the coolest username ever!!! ... It's my real name.

Gischie
03-02-09, 01:15 PM
I have the coolest username ever!!! ... It's my real name.

HAHAHAHA I have to agree, your name is the coolest

Jiahe
03-02-09, 01:24 PM
Jiahe is one of Sun Quan's era names and he is my all time favorite character. Simple as that.

Chi-Chi Blanche
08-02-09, 11:12 AM
Mine... well I ended up coming up with Chi-Chi randomly...then I tacked Blanche on the end, also randomly. Random French words tended to hit me like that when i was studying it back in the day. It's a username that's been with me since 2002 so I see no need to change it, and besides it's pretty unique :D

Fox
11-02-09, 10:36 AM
I use the name of Fox because it sounded cool

Discordia
11-02-09, 10:52 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eris_(mythology)

'Nuff said.

Well back at TRPG, I sorta used to be quite mischievous you see, changing votes in polls is probably the worst thing I did (THERE I ADMITTED IT!), so you see I thought the name was quite fitting :D. Nothing like that will happen here however.

SunAndSteel
12-02-09, 09:37 AM
Back when I was first starting out with forums I was a huge Iron Maiden fan ( still my favourite band ) so I tried registering as some of my favourite song names, such as Moonchild or Seventh Son, but most of those were taken.

Sun And Steel was the one that wasn't taken, and it's stuck with me ever since, well, occasionally making way for AcesHigh. Although Sun And Steel being about Musashi it does have a sort of KOEI relevance in a way.

The only other name I use is KenShinka, which is based on Super Robot Wars, but that's mostly just for online games.

Nasser
21-02-09, 05:24 PM
Well, it's my real name, so no biggy story to write here :lol:

Zhou Tai 101
28-02-09, 02:31 AM
Simple, My favorite Dynasty Warriors Character is Zhou Tai.

64crayons
28-02-09, 11:54 PM
well i had to think of a username quikly and i didnt have anything in mind and there was a box of crayons beside me and on the box ot said 64crayons, i tried it out and i really liked it

Nova
01-03-09, 12:00 AM
Well, back when I was playing Quake 3 Arena I was trying to come up with a good nickname to use, and my brother simply suggested "Nova" (he used the nickname "Melzas", which was taken from the game Alundra). Since then I've used that name as often as I can (when it's not already taken), and I've used it for just about 9 years by now I guess. If it's already taken I usually use something else like "ZeroNova" or my PSN ID which is "DemoNova" (dunno how I came up with that one, but I was going for DemiNova at first, but it was taken).

Oblivion
01-03-09, 12:10 PM
My favorite keyblade from Kingdom Hearts, its my favorite word as well anyways... the name has stuck to me for ages...

Gischie
08-03-09, 12:15 AM
Gischie was just a strange name I created for one of my imaginary character ^^, in fact at the beginning it was Gischie Mellow, the girl with red hair but now it's just a funny name on a forum.

Insp. Chin
08-03-09, 12:31 AM
I prefer you as Lizaveta Vath though because it's so famous.

Ranger Ryu
08-03-09, 12:37 AM
Well fairly straight forward, Ryu is the main character form one of my favourite RPG series Breath of Fire so he's capcom's better Ryu >_>.......and well he's Breath of Fire 2 and Dragon Quarter he has the job of a Ranger so yeah Ranger Ryu..........*runs before someone hits me about the Ryu comment*

Insp. Chin
08-03-09, 12:38 AM
I first thought your Ryu is from Street Fighter XD That's why we have Ranger Ken LOOL!

Ruka
08-03-09, 12:44 AM
Well fairly straight forward, Ryu is the main character form one of my favourite RPG series Breath of Fire so he's capcom's better Ryu >_>.......and well he's Breath of Fire 2 and Dragon Quarter he has the job of a Ranger so yeah Ranger Ryu..........*runs before someone hits me about the Ryu comment* That makes a lot of sense when you put it that way, I thought your username had something to do with Ryu (SF) as there is also a Ranger Ken here, and Ranger as some sort of nickname for a group/clan.

PS: I'm also a Breath of Fire fan, I played from the first all the way to the 4th. Great series, would be better if Capcom didn't mess up the translations on the games. >_>

GanNing4Eva
10-03-09, 03:58 PM
EBAY! lol Jk
i just made up my Username XD

Lightenings Edge
02-04-09, 10:37 AM
My house got hit by lightening once and then I thought man the edge of the lightening is real dangerous

little_zhurong
06-04-09, 06:57 PM
Well I came up for the name on different website, the story of the Three kingdoms and I just used that. :) I don't know why I choose Zhu Rong I think the other names were taken and I want something that went with the book. I'm quite small so the little part was easy. he he. :)

shoalin mist
10-04-09, 11:24 PM
I came up with this name for a warrior monk my nephew created whilst sharring my account on another game. I use Cerne Abbas mostlly, but this seemed more suitable.

deepfriedpotatoes
20-04-09, 12:39 PM
I usually use Meia or some other username with Meia in it but I'm trying to be a little bit crazy at the moment, so I used deepfriedpotatoes. That one I got from an article in Reader's Digest.

Matty1994
26-04-09, 02:55 PM
i use it because its part of my name and wen i was born thats all really

ebil shrimp
26-04-09, 05:38 PM
well on a different website my mum told me about. she was called angelmouse and i wanted to be opposite to her so i thought.

Evil shrimp is how it started. then i joined the Dark SiDe. i would tell you about it and invite you to join but i'm not sure if i'm allowed :o

anyway they had the word ebil which is like evil but different. (once again i could tell you what it means but i'm too lazy :p

and so i changed my name

Yurisatan
23-05-09, 05:24 PM
I came up with it from the PC game Red Alert in witch there was a guy controlling minds of other people & his name was Yuri & about Satan....well lets not talk about it ....yet

Bamboo
24-05-09, 01:09 AM
Most of my usernames come from my Asian heritage, which I'm unfortunately very prideful about. My last name I used extensively was "GreatPanda", and as I usually compare myself to a panda for being Asian and cuddly, I decided to go for another name, one that would relate to them. Hence "Bamboo".

Kingdoms_Warrior
25-05-09, 01:13 PM
The origin of my user is....

I both like the forces of Wei,Wu and Shu
So i named myself... Kingdoms_Warrior

http://koei.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2775&dateline=1243251922

Arten Morningstarr
04-06-09, 09:44 PM
The origin of my username... well, it was origionally for an AD&D character but I ended up using it on alot of forums.

I think the Arten part is from an old Formula One racer, my brother basically just spelt Ayrton a different way ^^

The Morningstarr part is taken from The Morning Star. Lucifer the light bringer, Archangel of light, alias Satan I think, either that or it was taken from the weapon as Arten Morningstarr is a warrior :)

CuckooBanana
24-07-09, 06:59 AM
I was trying to think of a gamertag for xbox live and i was going to go with PsychoBanana but it was taken so then i chose CuckooBanana and i have been using it ever since.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_9cad38a919a04db4a04ec903649b6c23/adobe-px-assets/2b121adcb96e4518955e7b99de86cacd

Dynasty Heroes
24-07-09, 09:52 PM
Well the first part of my name is self explanitourey however the secound part is a more passionate or relistict way of thought.

Dynasty warriors for instence they are considered warriors back then however in this day and age after being a fan of Dynasty Warriors since the very first one i consider them to be heroes.

Dynasty Heroes
24-07-09, 09:53 PM
OMG mph you have the same birthday as me !!!

Mousou hat
24-07-09, 11:13 PM
I always take silly names, and before i played DW6 empires i played sengoku basara heroes 2 and theres this character hojo ujimasa who has a magical smoking coconut hat.

So there, mousou hat.

warriorsorochi1
10-08-09, 10:18 PM
I chose warriorsorochi1 because it was one of my favorite games at the time and i have it for so many other sites as well BUT just because my user name is warriorsorochi1 doesn't just me i like warriorsorochi1 i also like warriorsorochi 2 lol and all the other KOEI games as well ;)

KOEI 4 LIFE!

Warriorsorochi1

Insp. Chin
11-08-09, 10:47 AM
Hahaha!! Good one! Good to know how you came out with your username. I have no idea why I came out with this name XD

Sherbivs
16-08-09, 11:39 PM
sherbivs Is all I can remember considering its parts of my name

Pastanutty
27-08-09, 02:21 PM
Well.......I LOVE pasta !!!!!

ManaAlchemist
27-08-09, 06:57 PM
Well i explained earlier how my old name came to be, but now that i've changed the name i thought I'd explain it too.

I had been thinking of changing my name a long time but never really knew what but then when i got Mana Khemia and played it i started thinking that i should go with "Alchemist" at least, and so that was decided but just that was taken at many places so i thought that I'd add something more. And then later i just was thinking about the game Mana Khemia and how they use mana's when they perform alchemy stuff and then i just came up with adding "Mana" in front of it and so i just went with that.

Mousou hat
28-08-09, 01:08 AM
I have no idea why I came out with this name XD

Your name means 'in super place' chin.

because you are in a super place.

yea!

The CandyMan
26-10-09, 02:06 AM
I Love WONKA! :D

GuitarCrazyo
07-11-09, 01:06 AM
Hi Emiliy, would you be so kind and change my username from "sygoth" to "frameless"? Would be awesome. Then I can start posting here Thanks in advance

Red Hare
24-11-09, 03:24 PM
I like the Three Kingdoms period and I like horses. Red Hare is the name of Lu Bu's horse. He war a minor warlord during the Eastern Han Dynasty.

Ai Ni
15-02-10, 08:35 PM
ahn,well.....*blushes*

Since I like those game where you can create it the character,in DWEmpires I have the great chance.Then....Ai Ni is one of my creation! :p

Mhi_Hayoli
24-11-10, 09:57 AM
My username is the name of my female "Dynasty Warrior - Empires" Wei character ^^

I used o build her in every Empire game :3

MichKat0
08-01-11, 02:52 PM
I once went out with a girl called Mich and that didnt seem to last unfortunately but we still remain as friends but the Kat I couldn't seem to understand why I came up with that?

The 0 is unique way to identify me.

Hitsuzen
15-01-13, 11:02 AM
Hitsuzen:

A naturally foreordained event. A state in which other outcomes are impossible. A result which can only be obtained by a single causality, and all other causalities would necessarily create different results. So reads the Kodansha Japanese desk dictionary, second edition. ~Ichihara Yuuko, xxxHoLic

I like XXXholic