PDA

View Full Version : .hack//Link PSP

silvertongue
03-12-09, 08:38 PM
Is anybody else excited about this title?

I'm so excited. I've played the Japanese demo and it's soooo good, I think there may have been drool, lol!

Here's a trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7rpDbHK8xw&feature=related

:)

Ramza
06-12-09, 12:18 AM
I knew about this, but I'm not too excited about the game.

First, what the trailer shows reminds me too much of the Radiant Mythology games (also for PSP, also by Namco Bandai. Hmm...), complete with the game's "subtitle", "Unison battle RPG".

Then, again from what the trailer shows, (what looks like) the main character will be yet another Twin Blade...personally, I'd get annoyed if the 8th .hack// game still didn't allow you to choose your class. It takes place in a MMORPG, for heaven's sake!

Lastly, the character design looks nothing like the previous games and much more anime-like. I'm not a big fan of Sadamoto but hey, he's done the illustrations for both .hack// and GU...

Of course, that was just a trailer AND I haven't played the demo, so my opinion may change in the future, but for now it looks like a Radiant Mythology 2 with .hack// characters instead of Tales ones.

EDIT

Oh well, I've done some Wikipedia research :p
Here's what I found:
- .hack//Link is a manga whose protagonist is sucked into "The World", where he'll meet characters from the previous entries;
- the game features characters from the manga but the story will be different;
- 100 characters from the old .hack// series are featured, but only 33 are playable;
- parties will be composed of 2 characters only;
- each ally shares a combo attack with the protagonist;
- confirmed characters include Kite, Haseo, Albireo, Atoli, Mimiru, Midori, Tsukasa, Subaru, Silver Knight, Azure Kite, Balmung, Alkaid, Tabby, Elk, and Ovan.

ManaAlchemist
06-12-09, 05:33 PM
Well I'm a little interested in the game, but right now i don't really see any reason for me to look it up more and make my hyped about it since it'll probably end up like most namco bandai games with it never reaching europe. :(

Ramza
07-12-09, 12:55 AM
Well, as a .hack// game it has good chances of making it to the USA...at that point an European release wouldn't be necessary since the PSP is region free :D

silvertongue
08-12-09, 02:21 AM
Well, as a .hack// game it has good chances of making it to the USA...at that point an European release wouldn't be necessary since the PSP is region free :D

I agree. It's got more chance of making it to the U.S. than it has to European territories since the .hack//G.U. Trilogy never made it into PAL territories.

Well if you guys would like to try it you can download the demo from the Japanese .hack website:

http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/link/trial/step3.html

Just click on the button in the box with the number 1.

Ramza
08-12-09, 06:59 PM
EDIT
Wha...FW 6.10 or higher? I'll update ASAP and then take a look at the demo :)

Dunno why, I posted in the wrong language.

silvertongue
09-12-09, 12:07 AM
I have firmware 6.20 on my psp.

Is it working for you?

Ramza
09-12-09, 01:57 AM
Played the demo.
It's actually quite different from what I had understood from the trailer.
Gameplay is pretty similar to the usual .hack// one, only there's no control over your partner (unless I'm missing something).

From what I saw, the main character is indeed yet another Twin Blade =/ I mean, really, 3 games, 3 knife guys?
The cross rengeki with Tsukasa is hilarious, I love how she just lets the mc do the dirty job, then blasts him and wonders if he's alright!

silvertongue
09-12-09, 08:16 AM
I've been trying to figure out how to use your partner but I don't think you can.

Yes the main character does appear to be a twin blade again which is a shame really you would've thought they would've done class changes in this one. Then again it is only a demo. Will class changes be in the final game? I doubt it but you never know.

I'm really excited about it, I'm just hoping that it gets a release with an English option somewhere in the world!

Ramza
22-12-09, 12:11 AM
Hmm, looks like the level cap in the demo is 10, so now I'm trying to raise the confidence. The gameplay is pretty simple but I confess it's quite addicting!

PrismZeo
22-12-09, 03:50 PM

Well if you guys would like to try it you can download the demo from the Japanese .hack website:

http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/link/trial/step3.html

Just click on the button in the box with the number 1.

Thanks for that link, I love playing that demo now! :D
I wish other Japanese demos were as easy to access as that one was...

silvertongue
22-12-09, 08:32 PM
Thanks for that link, I love playing that demo now! :D
I wish other Japanese demos were as easy to access as that one was...

You're welcome. It would be great if we get more Japanese demos like this.

Have you worked out how to save yet so you don't have to keep playing the tutorial level?
If you haven't all you have to do is complete the tutorial level and then when it goes to a menu screen press triangle and that should save.

I can't wait for the full game!

Ramza
24-12-09, 01:09 AM
By the way, I can't use Kite after the tutorial level. Is that normal?
Not that I want to use him, though. Not when I can pick Tsukasa instead :D

silvertongue
24-12-09, 02:15 PM
By the way, I can't use Kite after the tutorial level. Is that normal?
Not that I want to use him, though. Not when I can pick Tsukasa instead :D

Tsukasa is definitely a favourite as is Haseo for me.
As for it being normal not being able to choose Kite I have no idea I'm afraid.