PDA

View Full Version : Bonjour ^^ Question About Youtube

Leady FF ^^
09-12-09, 10:36 AM
Hi excuse the English.

I was wondering is their a Video sharing site apart from YouTube that French people use alot?

I was wondering because we have alot of French traffic to this website and to Koei Warriors but we have very little to youtube/mykoeitv? Is it just because the video content on mykoeitv is not in French or is it because French people dont really use YouTube?

Thanks!

Will

Qing Long
09-12-09, 11:05 PM
Hi no problem for English, we'll edit the text in French if you want. :)

Bonjour, aucun problème pour les posts en Anglais, nous éditerons les textes en Français, si vous voulez. :)

Well, I don't know what to answer ^^''' I would say maybe it's the 2 XD

Heuu... En fait, je ne sais pas trop quoi répondre ^^''' Je dirais peut-être que c'est les 2 cas XD

About Youtube, I think Youtube is very used by French people, but I know that lot of my French friends often use Dailymotion too : http://www.dailymotion.com/gb (some of them says it is better quality than Youtube)

A propos de Youtube, je crois que Youtube est quand même très utilisé par les Français, mais je sais que beaucoup de mes amis Français regardent souvent Dailymotion : http://www.dailymotion.com/fr (certains disent même que Dailymotion est mieux que Youtube)

They also told me Youtube is from United States of America, Dailymotion is from France (so it is maybe for that, some French like Dailymotion lol) though actually I use more Youtube than Dailymotion XD

Ils ont dit aussi que Youtube vient des Etats-Unis & Dailymotion est d'origine Française (c'est peut-être pour cela que certains Français sont plus attachés à Dailymotion lol) remarque j'utilise plus Youtube que Dailymotion actuellement XD

Well, in fact I don't know very much about video sharing site/area & French tendance, maybe others members will give you better & clearer answers soon ^^

Enfin, je ne m'y connais pas trop dans le domaine, peut-être que les autres membres auront une meilleure réponse ou une réponse plus claire à donner ^^

Leady FF ^^
10-12-09, 09:28 AM
Thanks QL! You're a get help. Of course French people will go to the place of better quality ^^.

I checked the stats on DailyMotion and you can see that it's no.1 amount of viewers come from France ^^. I think it's time to launch MyKOEITV for DailyMotion that's for sure!

LittleDragonZ
10-12-09, 10:58 AM
Yes that seems true about Dailymotion. I tend to get linked to Dailymotion quite a bit and watch game footage on that French site. Though the links aren't really Koei related, we could possibly start there since surprisingly YouTube doesn't seem to be getting much attention in France.

HebiYaro
10-12-09, 12:41 PM
I was about to reply about the same answer than Qing Long XD
I can't think about another site either ^^

Shika
10-12-09, 12:55 PM
I'm not sure about what I'm gonna say, but I think that French fans don't participate a lot (i'm speaking of koei videos sharing) because we got the habit to see all the stuff released by english people. Plus, but maybe I'm wrong once again, I think that there are a lot of French players but they are isolated, it's not one big community. Just look at the old french forum, or at this french part of koei.co.uk, we aren't so many, imo, whereas a lot of people here play koei games.

But like I said, i may be totally wrong^^"

Leady FF ^^
10-12-09, 07:55 PM
It's true but UK used to be like that ^^ We just have to find the ways to link them up and grow stronger ^^

Qing Long
12-12-09, 10:28 PM
You're welcome Leady FF^^ & LDZ, if what I said help, glad to have helped you! :o

Thanks for confirming about DailyMotion, Hebi :)

Shika & Leady FF^^, about French Community, it may be a question of mentality ? XD
But yeah it would be a good idea to try to unify French community :)

iceman57
08-01-10, 01:48 AM
Dear Leady FF, a bit late... but.

Here is an hard review about KOEI TV on Youtube.
1. Video are updated earlier by KOEIWARRIORS channel than KOEI TV.
2. When official video comes, IGN and other major sites already spoke about.

Youtube is in use in France, definitely, but you certainly noticed that froggies are not the best foreign language speaker. Most of Youtube users have basic knowledges in english.
Fortunaly now Youtube includes an automatic translation tool but in the other hand their system first select video in your language cutting by half search result on english videos.

Best from Paris, France.

Leady FF ^^
08-01-10, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the info. Iceman. Yes KoeiWarriors website is very sneaky aren't they... we should really shut them down ;)

Gischie
06-02-10, 12:03 PM
Dear Leady FF, a bit late... but.

Here is an hard review about KOEI TV on Youtube.
1. Video are updated earlier by KOEIWARRIORS channel than KOEI TV.
2. When official video comes, IGN and other major sites already spoke about.

Youtube is in use in France, definitely, but you certainly noticed that froggies are not the best foreign language speaker. Most of Youtube users have basic knowledges in english.
Fortunaly now Youtube includes an automatic translation tool but in the other hand their system first select video in your language cutting by half search result on english videos.

Best from Paris, France.

I think if you want to sell something in a country you have to adapt to them not force them to change their mind. I don't think you can force a country to do something they didn't like the famous afternoon nap in Spain that european community wants to change...

If Koei wants to have a channel, they have to deal with the demands of the countries and infiltrated what its already exist and most famous for. And excuse me for a french, you seem to defend badly our language, internet translator are crap and I will remind everyone here that we are not the only one in this case, Italians people barely speak english, they prefer more french and Spanish people either, south europe countries love themselves and Koei should strengthener this rather than putting everything in English, not everyone in France speak english very well. If you want to target a larger market, you have to think of those people also and try to reach them in a better way and not thinking about saving money.

Anyway it's just my mind.

iceman57
06-02-10, 02:51 PM
I think if you want to sell something in a country you have to adapt to them not force them to change their mind.

For sure this is call localization in the translation duty.

If Koei wants to have a channel, they have to deal with the demands of the countries and infiltrated what its already exist and most famous for. And excuse me for a french, you seem to defend badly our language, internet translator are crap and I will remind everyone here that we are not the only one in this case, Italians people barely speak english, they prefer more french and Spanish people either, south europe countries love themselves and Koei should strengthener this rather than putting everything in English, not everyone in France speak english very well. If you want to target a larger market, you have to think of those people also and try to reach them in a better way and not thinking about saving money.

Well this is just a status-quo coming from 20 years living at cross border with France/Germany/Belgium. The source language is the reason that made "Dailymotion" website is more popular in France. Youtube main language is english, cutting down from several users.
As KOEI downsized their previous desk in France to only keep the UK one as European HQ that cut down their communication in this country. The only existing valid relay are the main videogame websites as "Gamekult.com" & "Jeuxvideo.com".

A good way to balance structural costs with south europe market is a performant translation made by native speakers. Press information can be translated and relayed this way to the videogame websites. See how France follows the "Hokuto Muso" development in Japan, there's an update every week on videogame websites even only announced officially for Japanese market. So KOEI games are watched, but not on Youtube.