PDA

View Full Version : Compared to SW2 Empires?

Ramza
19-12-09, 08:05 PM
Since I don't have a PS3/X360, I was very glad to learn of the upcoming PSP port.
However, as I picked up SW2E again the other day I noticed a few things I didn't like about it, and I wonder if they still apply for DW6E...

Stats, skills and medals:
One of the worst things in SW2E is that characters can only reach level 20, after which they can only gain stats with the Duel/Tea/Debate policies. This would be acceptable if they didn't need skills to get higher caps/quicker growths and if the 1000 KO medals didn't break all caps...as things are now, a character needs to acquire all growth skills and a 1000 KO medal before being trained in order to avoid the massive pain of duelling 100+ times to raise stats.

Linearity:
While not all battlefield are the same, battles are still restriced to two kinds--invasion and defense. The former has you conquer bases so that the enemy commander shows himself and you can kill him, while the latter only needs you to rush the commander and kill him.

So, my question is pretty much this: is DW6E as linear as SW2E? Does it have a similar stats system?

The Great Sun Ce
30-05-10, 07:02 PM
Since I don't have a PS3/X360, I was very glad to learn of the upcoming PSP port.
However, as I picked up SW2E again the other day I noticed a few things I didn't like about it, and I wonder if they still apply for DW6E...

Stats, skills and medals:
One of the worst things in SW2E is that characters can only reach level 20, after which they can only gain stats with the Duel/Tea/Debate policies. This would be acceptable if they didn't need skills to get higher caps/quicker growths and if the 1000 KO medals didn't break all caps...as things are now, a character needs to acquire all growth skills and a 1000 KO medal before being trained in order to avoid the massive pain of duelling 100+ times to raise stats.

Linearity:
While not all battlefield are the same, battles are still restriced to two kinds--invasion and defense. The former has you conquer bases so that the enemy commander shows himself and you can kill him, while the latter only needs you to rush the commander and kill him.

So, my question is pretty much this: is DW6E as linear as SW2E? Does it have a similar stats system?

The stats are diffrent there are no medals or anything like that but the battles are still invasion defence unless you play as an officer then its gets more varied