PDA

View Full Version : Don't you think DW5 characters look better than DW6?

soiphun
25-01-09, 08:22 AM
I miss the no.5 characters they were the best design i ever seen... awwwwwwwwww Lui Bei doesn't look the same without the mustache... don't anyone agree?

Koei my suggestion is that can you make a downloadable mustache for Lui Bei? please?

btw Zhao Yun is the only character which look the best in no.6 XD

God-Like Phoenix
25-01-09, 08:46 AM
Instead of double posting, you can just edit your posts, please keep that in mind next time :)

As for your question...It depends on the character, some of them did look a little bit better in DW5, but I think that a lot of them look much better in DW6. In some cases, characters look great in both, for example, someone like Gan Ning, or Xiao Qiao(thats my opinion)

soiphun
25-01-09, 09:10 AM
but the feather on his back make him emo-ist... Gan Ning in no.5 look more like a pirate XD than no.6

God-Like Phoenix
25-01-09, 09:14 AM
Well, seeing how this whole issue is all a matter of personal opinion, thats fine if you think that about him. You may not like his DW6 appearance, but I do...because our opinions are different...just like its my opinion that I think he actually does still look like a pirate, just in a different way :)

soiphun
25-01-09, 09:46 AM
lol your right XD

but don't you think its better to get downloadable contents

God-Like Phoenix
25-01-09, 09:53 AM
I wouldnt know...I dont have a decent enough internet connection to get Xbox live to get the downloadable content :)

Jas
25-01-09, 11:25 AM
Personally i thought the Diny 5 looks were the worst :/, the best for me was diny 6 and then 3 and 4 equally, but it's all about personal opinion

LittleDragonZ
25-01-09, 11:54 AM
6 was a bit too creative, I think. A bit too far the costumes went from what they were like in 5. Don't get me wrong, some look really good, but characters like Cao Ren being a robot and Wei Yan being a monster...? This is what I mean. Just my opinion though.

Cao Cao
25-01-09, 12:55 PM
I like the DW6 characters more than the DW5...well...in most cases. There are some,I don't really like (e.g. Zhang He,Dong Zhuo or Yuan Shao).

Lady Sun
25-01-09, 06:34 PM
I think some characters from DW6 are a vast improvement aesthetics wise. Such as, Lui Bei. But I do prefer the characters from DW5. Maybe a mixture of both games? Now that would be pretty cool.

AXOMME
25-01-09, 06:35 PM
Laaaawl downloadable moustache hehehe, nice one.
Well from what I saw in Dynasty Warriors 6 I like about every character only simple things that I don't such as: Guan Yu's hair, Liu Bei looks like a normal soldier, and some of the weapons such as Lu Bu's(I know they wanted to change a bit the movements and make something good and it really looks cool but it's kinda' weird). But the main change in DW6 is the graphics and environment and thath's really awesome.

I want a downloadable Guan Yu hair. :p

Lady Sun
25-01-09, 06:39 PM
Laaaawl downloadable moustache hehehe, nice one.
Well from what I saw in Dynasty Warriors 6 I like about every character only simple things that I don't such as: Guan Yu's hair, Liu Bei looks like a normal soldier, and some of the weapons such as Lu Bu's(I know they wanted to change a bit the movements and make something good and it really looks cool but it's kinda' weird). But the main change in DW6 is the graphics and environment and thath's really awesome.

I want a downloadable Guan Yu hair. :p

lol downloadable!!! Have all the costumes from all the games, and maybe choose the appearence from all the games too..!!

I want, SSX from DW4 in the clothes from DW3... awesome :)

Zenelix
27-01-09, 06:23 PM
I like the characters in DW6. Dong Zhuo finally looks like the evil glutton he is :D

The only one I can think of at the moment whom I don't like in DW6 is Yuan Shao, because I prefer his armour from the previous games. But that's just my opinion :p

Alonzo Orion
27-01-09, 07:03 PM
I'm not entirely sure, my memory of the appearance of characters before Dynasty Warriors 6 is rather vague, I don't particularly like Zhou Yu's new appearance because he looks more feminine than ever before and I recall liking how his hair and general appearance was in Dynasty Warriors 5, however I love Dian Wei's new look, it's absolutely fatal, I suppose on a whole I don't like the entire set from either, it would be nice if you could mix and match I guess.

Chaos Dragon
29-01-09, 11:20 AM
Dynasty warriors 6 character design are way much better than dynasty warriors 5 its much better detailed and all the characters look just the way they should

Manji
05-02-09, 06:36 PM
No. I was getting awfully bored of seeing the same costumes tweaked slightly over and over for 4 games. I'm really glad they did the costume overhaul, and I hope for 7 they continue to do the same.
Just give us the option to use old ones (not cheap palate swaps) for nostalgia's sake. :(

Qing Long
06-02-09, 01:12 AM
Yeah, I think I feel the same of what you mean here, Manji, DW5 costumes are superb but over-used in all DW5s & WOs. It's good to see some changement ^^ even if some characters looks better in DW5, as you said, a add of these old costumes as option would be cool :)
So we'll get all the version ^^

Chi-Chi Blanche
08-02-09, 12:57 PM
I like Manji's idea :D

As for the question... I'm not actually sure. Although I've seen the pictures, I just have a habit of assessing the whole character change then deciding on parts. I've noticed the costume changes that bother me most are also the VA that bothers me most so far (pang tong, gan ning), and vice versa (zhao yun, huang zhong). Some costumes don't bother me either way (The Sun men :)). I think I'll have to play the game more to form a better opinion.

Q@Q
14-02-09, 10:46 AM
well i think that DW6 charcters looks better than the charcters in DW5
and if it is about lui bei he looks cooler and younger in DW6

daxter360
15-02-09, 02:36 PM
I think its just a different art style but 5 was starting to look a bit generic I mean in 5 it looked so much like they had just tried to make everyone since 2 look a bit better but they never really redisigned anyone. I like how in 6 they tried to change armour placement and helmets etc about, 3 had the coolest looking guys on PS2.

Outi
16-02-09, 02:58 PM
Well, I've been a responsible little Warriors fangirl and I did my homework.
I checked out how the characters looked in all the earlier games and my personal opinion is that most of them look better in DW6 than in DW5.
I think Gan Ning and Guan Ping are pretty much the only characters who looked better in DW5.

The way I see it, the characters have developed a more individual style of clothing since the previous game. In DW5 most of them were wearing just pretty basic 2nd century Chinese clothing and armor. And they were all dressed in a very similar way.
In DW6 I think the caracters have more variation in their style. The outfits aren't so traditional anymore, they've been given a bit more modern twist. They've used more imagination this time around.

MoonBladePete
16-02-09, 10:32 PM
I like all of the games i like Dynasty Warriors 5 because it was the last one with Da Qiao in and i really miss here =S.
But then again i do like Xiao Qiao and At least shes in number 6.
But i havent the faintest idea why they took da qiao out
And i think all the charactors look great well except for Dong Zhou and Zhang Jiao is it zhang jiao? i can't remember At the moment but Dong looks like a Coat Hanger or a door knocker And Zhang Jiao looks like...a Lion maybe? lion? Yeah lets go with that theyer all very strange...

silvertongue
22-02-09, 07:30 PM
To be honest i think most of the character designs in DW6 or better than DW5. The only 2 that i'm not particularly keen on are Ma Chao and Gan Ning (his DW5 design is much better).
Diao Chan, Sun Jian, Xiahou Dun, Zhuge Liang, Yue Ying and Sima Yi have really good character designs.

:)

ESLulu
25-02-09, 02:01 AM
I've been a fan since DW 1 and so the old character designs really grew on me. Lu Xun with no hat makes me cry, how be it, he's the character I use the most in DW 6.

All in all, the Wu characters made me sad. Sun Shang Xiang just does not personify the strong female character that she was. Gan Ning, although pretty cool looking now isn't the Gan Ning I know and love (figuratively speaking of coarse) Zhou Yu and Sun Ce :confused: They used to look so tough.

My favorite DW 6 character designs would be Zhuge, Sima, and Cao Cao and probably because they didn't change all that much.

Zhang He.....well that's another story all together. I miss the old character design. He reminded me of Vega, and now....well he's pretty silly.

Liu Bei is great though. I like the idea of making him younger, how be it, I wish we could age him through the game :D I too miss the mustache.

The only character I was really impressed with was Sun Quan. His design was a great improvement.

Gadner Bhan
28-02-09, 07:05 AM
Totally agree with Outi. I think the character design of DW6 is the best of the series, maybe the few exceptions to my liking are Sun Shang Xian, Lu Xun, Gan Ning and Dong Zhuo. And it's not they're bad, on the contrary, but they look way too diferent of themeselves in my opinion, almost like new characters, specially Gan Ning. Well, actually Dong Zhuo doesn't look that diferent, I like a lot his new beard style, but I can't help think he went to battlefield with his pajama...

But I also think that being a matter of liking, it's dificult that every character looks fine for everyone, so I guess it will be a good balance in future versions that idea of having earlier costumes of characters and even option to costumize them.

Chi-Chi Blanche
03-03-09, 02:00 AM
haha I've been playing the game more and I can officially say that in general I like DW6 more than DW5. There's only a few I definitely like better in DW5, like Gan Ning and Shang Xiang, and maybe Wei Yan and Zhou Yu. Otherwise I either like DW6 costumes better (Huang Zhong, Zhuge Liang, Diao Chan <3, SUN QUAN looks so much better now!! :D), or don't mind either way (Lu Bu, Xiao Qiao, though I think the outfit suits her sister better. Lu Xun I didn't like the look of that much in 5, but 6 he looks a bit too womanly so i'm still not quite happy).

@Gadner: lol I've never noticed Dong Zhuo's clothes because his face distracts me too much o.o

GanNing4Eva
05-03-09, 05:55 PM
well i think Lu Xun's look has improved in DW6
because DW5 his outfit was abit...you know lol ;)

Darkness Warriors
07-03-09, 10:38 PM
well i think Lu Xun's look has improved in DW6
because DW5 his outfit was abit...you know lol ;)

I agree with you :)

But Yue Ying,Zhuge Liang,Ma Chao and Ling Tong in DW5 are look better than DW6. ;)

Judau Ashta
09-03-09, 09:17 PM
ermm.. yes and no
Yes Because I Think They Ruined Guan Ping.. Alot!
And no Because i like the changes they made to Pang tong,Ma chao,Liu Bei and some more characters..
But i hate how they made lots of characters clone motions of one other

ebil shrimp
29-03-09, 02:49 PM
i think that the DW5 set were good but they were so unrealistic. in this one i think they look so much more like they would have. except for Lu Bu that is :D

little_zhurong
01-04-09, 04:17 PM
I've been a fan since DW 1 and so the old character designs really grew on me. Lu Xun with no hat makes me cry, how be it, he's the character I use the most in DW 6.

All in all, the Wu characters made me sad. Sun Shang Xiang just does not personify the strong female character that she was. Gan Ning, although pretty cool looking now isn't the Gan Ning I know and love (figuratively speaking of coarse) Zhou Yu and Sun Ce :confused: They used to look so tough.

My favorite DW 6 character designs would be Zhuge, Sima, and Cao Cao and probably because they didn't change all that much.

Zhang He.....well that's another story all together. I miss the old character design. He reminded me of Vega, and now....well he's pretty silly.

Liu Bei is great though. I like the idea of making him younger, how be it, I wish we could age him through the game :D I too miss the mustache.

The only character I was really impressed with was Sun Quan. His design was a great improvement.

I agree with EsLulu I've been a fan since DW3. Shang Xiang has changed a lot and she's now too much like Da Qiao used to be. Gan Ning looks silly in has outfit. (I'm sorry to those who like it but the Gan Ning we know and love wouldn't wear it)

DW5 is a lot better story wise and tells you a lot more about the relationships between the different characters they seemed to interact with each other a lot more. However the graphics in DW6 and the extra things you can do like swim and summon a horse is quite cool. Sun Quan is the only one who has changed for the better but I still miss the old guy.

Jiahe
03-04-09, 08:48 PM
To be honest with myself, I would say that they were both equal in terms of having good and bad designs overall. Some of the ones from 5, I was glad they improved in 6 (Sun Jian, Zhang Jiao, Yuan Shao) while others I wish they didn't fix anything and kept them they way they were originally (Gan Ning, Dong Zhuo, Liu Bei). Some of the others I loved both ways and was pleased either way (Sun Quan, Sun Ce, Cao Cao).

guanyubluedragon
07-10-10, 03:30 PM
have to say guan you stayed the most similar but somehow got cooler and they tried to turn zhoa yin into yukimura thats just my opinon

KawaiiKojiro
12-12-10, 12:45 PM
For me, I liked the Character Designs of 6 the most (They made Lu Xun look so pretty without his silly hat). However I do not like the weapon designs of the characters. Whilst the clothes and such were aesthetically pleasing, seeing these strange disproportioned weapons (Such as the, for lack of a better word, Swords wielded by Xiahou Yuan and Huang Zhong) was what made me step back go. Hold on. . . what's happening here?

That being said some of the weapons really suit the characters, I feel Lu Xun looks better wielding the one sword than the two he did prior. And the Staff certainly suits Zhou Yu more, in my opinion, of course.

MichKat0
14-12-10, 01:08 AM
I definitely prefer the costumes in DW6, they definitely look like they have more of a make over.

Especially Sun Ce which he looks more better than he did back in the previous DW games.

DWForever
14-05-11, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't say so much the look in general but I do like DW5 more just because the storylines are more enjoyable as well as the characters in the game. I think dropping the playable characters down so drastically in Story mode in DW6 was a major fail by KOEI and thus created a standstill for even the most avid DW gamer like myself. So many unique weapons taken away and replaced with substandard weapons or weapons that just didn't fit the character. Although a handful were improvements like Gan Ning, Ling Tong, and Yue Ying, the majority were fails and the handful that were better were unnecessary. Was however a fan of Xiahou Dun's new look, with the shorter hair and Sun Jian's white spiked look. Gave a little something to the game but appearances aren't going to bring players into a game that they are accustomed to having so many playable characters for and all of a sudden having about a third of that.

goodken
06-02-12, 06:35 AM
Well, seeing how this whole issue is all a matter of personal opinion, thats fine if you think that about him. You may not like his DW6 appearance, but I do...because our opinions are different...just like its my opinion that I think he actually does still look like a pirate, just in a different wayhttp://www.dubaa.info/g.gif

Kobra752
13-02-12, 02:50 PM
Nah i think in 6 they gave up cool weapons for cool looks but in dynasty warriors 7 they look but most officers have big clubs or fans wtf!