Toco
16-02-10, 12:07 PM
well not the ruler, too much work XD

maybe just the General get a bit of work but gets the most action
warrioir front lines

Tuxedobird
17-02-10, 11:25 PM
Strategist :)
My favourite part of DW6E and on of my favourites from DW6 is using rockfall at strategic locations xD

strikerdes
18-02-10, 10:58 PM
yes i agree with you, i love being the strategist on this game, word of advice, try and get an office that has the card "poison arrow" it expands the length of time it takes for the enemy officers to return to battle!

so once all officers have withdrawn/captured/defected you can really start strategizing!

strategist of course (:

ebil shrimp
19-02-10, 12:38 PM
i would be a strategist because i love the thrill of annoying an officer, leading them on and then ambushing them, or setting fire to the base and just annihalating their the forces. i also love using my ideas and putting them into aaction on the field, not to mention that zhuge lian ismy most inspiration erson in history and favourite character in the game

NekoWarrior
20-02-10, 09:10 PM
warrior on the front line :D

Qiao Beauty
08-06-10, 06:59 PM
Im far too intelligent (and weak) to be any kind of warrior xD So I would be a strategist.

fusion
20-06-10, 12:38 PM
At first a strategist as I'm not so cute I think

DWLegend
21-06-10, 08:20 PM
I'm the sort of person who would just get unleashed on the enemy and only stop when there all dead

silvertongue
22-06-10, 11:52 AM
Im far too intelligent (and weak) to be any kind of warrior xD So I would be a strategist.

Lol!

I would have to be a strategist, I for one don't want a spear sliding through my gut, an arrow going through my eyeball or getting beheaded.
However if we all got dragged back in time to the Three Kingdoms era I can pretty much guarantee I would be one of those unfortunate peasants that would be in the wrong place at the wrong time, with an archer firing arrows at me and taking me out instantly. I kid you not that would be my luck!

:)

Zhuge Ke
01-09-10, 02:49 PM
A frontline warrior. I am daring and ready to take on as many people as possible. I'm like a mixture of a calm Zhao Yun, a fired up Lu Bu and a confused Ma Chao.

Chargone
24-09-10, 02:44 AM
given that i'm actually training to use swords and spears and things, and play a lot of wargames of various sorts, i about know what my skills are and aren't. I don't have the stamina for the constant running around and ongoing fighting of the front lines, and while I'm very good at helping make already solid plans Awesome, my own plans tend to have fatal flaws without someone else to correct them (doesn't help that people only seem to believe/accept what i say when I'm making things up based on logic and guess work, and dismiss Everything i actually know to be true...) ... and I'd make a Terrible ruler.

guess that means I'm defending a base most of the time. my fighting style's pretty defensive anyway. when i'm using my daggers it goes something like this: block block block block block block block block catch-wrench-stab and you're dead :D though i usually use a short sword in a reverse grip in my left hand and a dagger held normally in my right... and fight left handed... confuses everyone and means i don't have much in the way of power attacks, but the defense is pretty solid and the attacks i Do make are hard to block effectively, and even harder to counter ... when i do it right (I'm far from an expert yet, and it's western medieval martial arts, of which there ARE no masters.)

that combination's more like 'dodge, dodge, block, deflect, deflect, block block, block, deflect-trap-cut your sword arm off, stab-you-to-death.'

also, you can't lure me out of position by taunting... I'm too smart/good humored for that. usually. (and when i'm not it's less 'chase you down to take revenge' and more 'go berserk and smash anything and everything in range that even looks at me funny' ... hehe... :o Years ago that i last did that though. I'm a lot calmer these days.)

Proudorc
30-09-10, 07:21 PM
I prefer to defend a base because I am not charismatic to be ruler (most of my men would betray me to take over, right Cao Cao and Lu Bu?), not fit enough to be on the front line (I can't run for too long nor have enough endurance to keep up) and if I am a strategist, I will have to take responsibility for my failures and I will have to earn my troops respect without battlefield prowess, which would be tough. When defending a base, I can fight when invaded, have time to forge my weapons and to train, have enough provisions, have more time to plan strategies due to fortification which allows to buy some time, and can set environmental attacks on invaders (rock slide, boiling oil, rain of arrows).

Matza1
04-11-10, 08:38 PM
I'd be a taction on the front lines, the moral of soldiers tends to sky-rocket if they see their leaders taking the same risks as they, also it's easier to get orders across.

Mhi_Hayoli
24-11-10, 12:14 PM
I would be a defending Officier :D

I move around the base and protect any enemy targeted base ^^ (I like to play like Cao Ren and Zhang Liao) ^^

Zhuge Ke
07-04-11, 01:29 PM
given that i'm actually training to use swords and spears and things, and play a lot of wargames of various sorts, i about know what my skills are and aren't. I don't have the stamina for the constant running around and ongoing fighting of the front lines, and while I'm very good at helping make already solid plans Awesome, my own plans tend to have fatal flaws without someone else to correct them (doesn't help that people only seem to believe/accept what i say when I'm making things up based on logic and guess work, and dismiss Everything i actually know to be true...) ... and I'd make a Terrible ruler.

guess that means I'm defending a base most of the time. my fighting style's pretty defensive anyway. when i'm using my daggers it goes something like this: block block block block block block block block catch-wrench-stab and you're dead :D though i usually use a short sword in a reverse grip in my left hand and a dagger held normally in my right... and fight left handed... confuses everyone and means i don't have much in the way of power attacks, but the defense is pretty solid and the attacks i Do make are hard to block effectively, and even harder to counter ... when i do it right (I'm far from an expert yet, and it's western medieval martial arts, of which there ARE no masters.)

that combination's more like 'dodge, dodge, block, deflect, deflect, block block, block, deflect-trap-cut your sword arm off, stab-you-to-death.'

also, you can't lure me out of position by taunting... I'm too smart/good humored for that. usually. (and when i'm not it's less 'chase you down to take revenge' and more 'go berserk and smash anything and everything in range that even looks at me funny' ... hehe... :o Years ago that i last did that though. I'm a lot calmer these days.)

i get what u mean but back in those days, people were much more defensive of their honour and did not want to be dismayed. they'd often be lured into taunts easily. nowadays, youd never follow taunts but then, they did. even knowing this tho, id probably still not follow the taunter unless i had an advantage over them.