PDA

View Full Version : Your least favorite DW characters?

LittleDragonZ
25-01-09, 02:41 PM
Try and keep this area friendly and have detailed reasons. Try not to say ''he is rubbish, he sucks'' or anything like that, that will enrage other members.

I see myself more of a player who likes to say I prefer to use others instead of using the word hate. These characters I avoid to use till late-game are the likes of Zhang Jiao, Zhu Rong, Dong Zhuo, Dian Wei and a number of others.

Dong Zhuo's personality and story is great in the WO series though. And Zhang Jiao has always been quite amusing to use and shoot fireballs with. And I love his hair in DW6! :eek:

Lady Sun
25-01-09, 03:11 PM
I don't like playing with slow characters, or characters that don't have a wide enough attack range. Depending on the game of course. Mainly characters with swords... but in DW6 they are drastically improved.

I don't like using Meng Huo (slow) and Sun Quan, Lui Bei, and other sword using characters in the previous DW games.

Ruka
25-01-09, 03:14 PM
Lol I actually like using Dong Zhuo, despise everyone hate him. I use him to mock enemies such as Lu Bu. :p, hear his quote with females and pretty much listen to him babbling about his 'Paradise' and Gold. XD

I don't hate any character in particular I don't play with most characters unless I'm clearing any objective(s) like Musou mode, ablities/proficiency on WO, etc.

But to name a few of the characters I tend to evade; Xiahou Yuan, Huang Zhong, Cao Ren, Wey Yan, Zhang Jiao, Meng Huo, Dian Wei, Xu Huang and a few more.

LittleDragonZ
25-01-09, 03:19 PM
This thing is with Xu Zhu, I use to like him more when the series started, in DW2 where I would use his C4 to knock peons over the turban wooden gates/fences lol. I must say though, his speed was surprising in DW6.

Lady Sun
25-01-09, 03:21 PM
Lol I actually like using Dong Zhuo, despise everyone hate him. I use him to mock enemies such as Lu Bu. :p, hear his quote with females and pretty much listen to him babbling about his 'Paradise' and Gold. XD

I don't hate any character in particular I don't play with most characters unless I'm clearing any objective(s) like Musou mode, ablities/proficiency on WO, etc.

But to name a few of the characters I tend to evade; Xiahou Yuan, Huang Zhong, Cao Ren, Wey Yan, Zhang Jiao, Meng Huo, Dian Wei, Xu Huang and a few more.

I suppose it depends on how people play the game. I like alot of wide rang attack and quick character.. especially if you're running around the map. (excluding DW6 horse) I like Sun shang Xiang the most. And I adore characters with spears too. Love Ma Chao <3

foamy666
25-01-09, 08:21 PM
Lets see

Diao Chan- Never liked her moveset or attitude in 3,4,5 but she is decent in DW6 but not to fond of her even then.

Xu Zhu- To slow really and I find his voice acting to be really annoying.

Zhang Jiao- Moveset once again and I've also found myself disliking him more and more as the series has gone on heck I didn't find him to bad in DW3 but now ugh only to unlock things.

Alonzo Orion
25-01-09, 08:29 PM
Well, seems the characters change from game to game I've never really been fixed on disliking one character, in Dynasty Warriors 6 I don't particularly like Wei Yan, same move set as Huang Gai, sluggish and doesn't half look silly right?

Lady Sun
26-01-09, 02:58 PM
I suppose if I had to choose one character to dislike, it would be Sun Quan. I just don't like his appearence and moveset. He has, however really improved in DW6.

Psycho_Ifrit
27-01-09, 02:49 PM
i really dont like dhong zhou, meng hou and xhu zhu as they are fat and slow as wll as having crap moves there are others i dislike but its just them that i would nebver use

The3KingdomsWiz
28-01-09, 08:40 PM
I like playing as officers who only have halberds and spears, like Guan Yu and Zhao Yun. I also like Guan Ping from DW5, his weapon is most certainly unique.

Jiahe
29-01-09, 05:57 PM
I usually don't use Huang Gai at all in these games but I thought if I try him in 6 I would like him. I was wrong. He is the worse character I ever used due to the lack of range his weapon has to offer in 6, giving the enemies the advantage to abuse me more. I find his bombs to be highly annoying since they not only damage the enemy but allies too.

Gtown
29-01-09, 06:39 PM
Hmmm worst character? I'd have to say either Dong Zhuo or Zhang Jiao. The only salvation Dong has is that he can be effectively used as comic relief. While Zhang is beyond redemption. In DW3 he was soooo good IMO. But afterwards, he just gets continually downgraded.

LittleDragonZ
29-01-09, 07:22 PM
Hmmm worst character? I'd have to say either Dong Zhuo or Zhang Jiao. The only salvation Dong has is that he can be effectively used as comic relief. While Zhang is beyond redemption. In DW3 he was soooo good IMO. But afterwards, he just gets continually downgraded.
In the future, he will really need that miracle! :p

Yeah, I guess the lightning element in DW3 should be thanked for that. Lightning was awesome, but generally all were less balanced back then. Like fire on Liu Bei and his true musou.

Gtown
29-01-09, 07:25 PM
True true, lightning was unfair. And Liu Bei with fire was just mean. Hopefully they'll return him to his shocking glory one day.

LittleDragonZ
29-01-09, 07:36 PM
True true, lightning was unfair. And Liu Bei with fire was just mean. Hopefully they'll return him to his shocking glory one day.

I think they have done, in DW6 lol. He's much more faster and flashier like many characters. Just except without the killer finish being so obvious because of this, his musou back then just felt it was his last savior with those extra slashes and fire absorbing bonuses. Often saved my life on Very Hard at Yi Ling fighting near a camp tent.

Dong Zhuo needs a bit more attention I think. Zhang Jiao's moveset is still quite humourous to perform, so I guess that's something.

Captain Ashton
29-01-09, 08:49 PM
My least favourite... probably Dian Wei and Diao Chan from DW6, their weapons are just horrible for me.

*Lauren*-Xiahou Dun=best!
29-01-09, 09:34 PM
Well I agree with you because my least favorite would have to be

Dian Wei. His fighting is just poor. and he's slow. Bit of a dumb character if you ask me.

lordofjiaozhi
31-01-09, 03:05 PM
i don't like wei yan, or huang gai on DW6, but i loved wei yan in DW3, DW4 and DW5.....
i really love Zhang He (Yue) in Romance of the three kingdoms, and dynasty tactics, BUT WHY DID THEY HAVE TO MAKE HIM SO...... well, i'll say it. GAY. on DW? He was a really good general in real life, so why make him like that? he could be so much more
Also, i never really liked Xing Cai, or Xu Zhu. i also didn't like xu huang with an axe, he is better in DW6:)

LittleDragonZ
08-02-09, 07:54 PM
^Please refrain from using the word gay in that context. Thanks.

Dian Wei, he wasn't so bad for me in WO because his R1 could be used to be explosive. And in 6 I generally liked him much more, he was more bareable to use in my opinion. However beforehand, I'd never really been a fan either, so I can see where people are coming from.

Good voice though.

Lady Sun
08-02-09, 09:28 PM
i don't like wei yan, or huang gai on DW6, but i loved wei yan in DW3, DW4 and DW5.....
i really love Zhang He (Yue) in Romance of the three kingdoms, and dynasty tactics, BUT WHY DID THEY HAVE TO MAKE HIM SO...... well, i'll say it. GAY. on DW? He was a really good general in real life, so why make him like that? he could be so much more
Also, i never really liked Xing Cai, or Xu Zhu. i also didn't like xu huang with an axe, he is better in DW6:)

LOL I agree, they have really made Zhang He very camp - when in the reality is he was a very good general, with a wife and a family! Still, Zhang He is still an awesome character.

Alonzo Orion
08-02-09, 09:56 PM
i really love Zhang He (Yue) in Romance of the three kingdoms, and dynasty tactics, BUT WHY DID THEY HAVE TO MAKE HIM SO...... well, i'll say it. GAY. on DW?
Not necessarily gay, but flamboyant or camp, there are no implications of him having attractions towards males, apart from me.

I forgot to mention that I don't particularly like characters that seem boring, lack personality and humour, like Pang De, Zhudge Liang and Cao Ren to name a few who definitely lack the two as KOEI designed characters, Zhao Yun and Guan Yu used to, but not so much any more, too serious.

Onislash
09-02-09, 12:54 AM
I hate Zhang Jiao. He is a ranged fighter (I assume) for most of his better moves being ranged however he is not able to deliver most of them because he cant take hits. That is rather a big problem in a Warriors game.

zenkokuku
11-02-09, 02:05 AM
I don't like to use characters who use rods. Not only do the attacks do minimal damage, but the range and combos are pretty bad also. The three least favourite characters that come to mind are Zhang Jiao, Pang Tong and Dong Zhuo. Dong Zhuo's appearance in DW6 just totally freaked me out.

BEHEMOTH
14-02-09, 01:49 AM
The character(s) I least used were the Xiao Qiao girls, with the fans, just didn't liek their weapons, range, voices or storylines. The only time I used them were if I had done everything else, all the other characters mentioned in this topic I could stomach using but not these girls.

64crayons
16-02-09, 03:22 AM
[QUOTE=Song Xian;6072]Not necessarily gay, but flamboyant or camp, there are no implications of him having attractions towards males, apart from me.
QUOTE]

there are signs.. if you have played WO2 in his dream mode he says "hey sailors!" in a flirty tone (its hilarious) but i really like zhang he he is funny has a fun mouvst and makes me laugh constantly.

but he sucked big time in dw6 >:O

and the character i dislike is guan yu. koei portrays him as nice and gental but he was really condecending and a real ahole

Outi
16-02-09, 05:54 AM
Well I think it's pretty easy to guess who I don't like if you've been reading what I wrote on the character threads. I don't like Dian Wei. He's just frustratingly slow and his attacks have a poor reach. His whole moveset is completely useless. Plus he's the big, tough guy-type so that's not very appealing to me either.

Also I don't like Sun Shang Xiang 'cause her voice is so annoying. And even though her attacks have a good reach, they're focused on a narrow area and she completely sucks at clearing a crowd. It can get really annoying facing a huge crowd of enemies up close and personal. Most characters would score tons of KO's with a couple of swings in a situation like that, but not Sun Shang Xiang. She's better at taking down approaching enemy troops from afar and that doesn't mix well with my style of play.

God-Like Phoenix
16-02-09, 06:55 AM
Hmm...I thought I already posted in here :confused:

Well, while im here...the characters that I like the least would be characters like Dong Zhou, Xu Zhu and Yuan Shao...mainly characters that dont really have a decent personality...or a personality that just annoys the crap out of me...like those three :p

@Outi: I actually quite like SSX, just turn the volume down...and once you get to full renbu, her attacks are just awsome...I managed to get over 2000k.o's in the challenge thing...rampage?

64crayons
16-02-09, 01:35 PM
I managed to get over 2000k.o's in the challenge thing...rampage?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Outi
16-02-09, 02:37 PM
@Outi: I actually quite like SSX, just turn the volume down...and once you get to full renbu, her attacks are just awsome...I managed to get over 2000k.o's in the challenge thing...rampage?Well yeah I bet she rocks at Rampage and Sudden Death 'cause she exels at taking the enemy down BEFORE they reach her (but she's screwed if they do). And I scored 2000 KO's with Zhao Yun back when I hadn't even tried any other characters, so that doesn't exactly make her look all that special to me.

I'm just saying... her moveset doesn't work with my style of play.

Dyu
20-02-09, 12:07 AM
My would be lu bu,Ma choa,Zhen ji,and Sima Yi Because I Always Play Them

Alonzo Orion
26-02-09, 11:40 AM
I don't think the highest score in the world is over 2000 for rampage, I was 5th last time I checked although I may have dropped down since.

Cao Cao
26-02-09, 02:01 PM
2000 KO's in Rampage are possible. I have something about 2600 with Yue Ying. Just kill everything you see,and when you are at officers,go near them,so many arrows hit them. Even when they have more defense,they'll die quickly.

That's what I like about the bow users.

My least favourite character...hm...I don't like Dong Zhuo very much. But that's it. I think every character is good in his/her own way.

cheat07
26-02-09, 07:29 PM
personnally i dont like xu zhu he is just too slow to get around the battlefield, by the time u reach somewhere the battle is already over.

its rather annoying when im on the other side of the map and my key generals get into trouble without a horse theres no chance of getting there in time.

Alonzo Orion
27-02-09, 09:24 AM
Oh yeah, I'm wrong, over 2000 kills in rampage is possible, I've got about 2500 with Sun Shang Xiang making 5th place, I'll check later, but I don't think it'd be possible with Zhao Yun?

GanNing4Eva
05-03-09, 05:48 PM
LOL to be honest i think i don't have a least favourite but ifr i had to chose 1 it would have to be....Yuan Shao or Dong Zhou.

Judau Ashta
08-03-09, 11:16 PM
Ermm Probley Xiao Qiao.. Annoying..

zhenzhou
24-03-09, 05:58 PM
Ermm Probley Xiao Qiao.. Annoying..

She's not annoying!... Ok, well maybe she is. But why would a voice be annoying? I think Sun Shang Xiang's is even more annoying!

My least favorites would probably be Wei Yan, Dian Wei, Dong Zuo, and Xu Zhu. They just a bit too slow for my style. I like faster characters like Zhang He and Diao Chan/Zhen Ji

little_zhurong
27-03-09, 09:29 PM
I like the girls and I miss Da Qiao, and since when has Sun Shang Xiang been such a push over she was better in the old ones.

I don’t like play as Xu Zhu and his mate Dain Wei. Pang Tong was really cool in 3,4,5 but in 6 his just not as good. Zhang Jiao I haven't played him in Six but the others he wasn't so good. Dong Zhou was so slow even if you attached speed scroll DW4-5. I also liked the way he fell over after fighting. He He. a bit annoying though.

What hell happened to Xing Cai in 5 where is she now? Has she turned into Nu Wa? Who also disappeared after one game. Zuo Ci was another good character that we have also lost. His weapon is kind of funny.

ebil shrimp
28-03-09, 09:37 PM
i'm miffed that we lost Jiang Wei as well, he was in all the others why not this one? myleast favourite character is Dong Zhuo. he is just such a slob. i salute Lu Bu for murdering him.

Uriko
03-04-09, 03:31 AM
Xu Zhu, Meng Huo, Xu Huang, Dong Zhuo. Yeah, that's pretty much it. :rolleyes:

Yurisatan
25-04-09, 07:56 PM
i have never played xhu zhu cause of his looks
but the real problem is that i havent tried playing with him
i dunno that might be the problem...
Btw all the other characters are just fine to me!

lango454
24-01-10, 01:06 AM
i really dislike dong zhuo, i think Koei really did a good job with this because i feel they intended to get that reaction out of him

Ramza
24-01-10, 11:27 AM
I've got to say Liu Bei. PeasantsvirtuepeasantsvirtuepeasantsvirtueSHADDAP! !
Up until DW6 I couldn't stand his moveset, either. With twin swords he's much better now :D

Gameplay-wise, I don't really like the slow cudgel wielders. That would mean Xu Zhu and pals.

Tuxedobird
18-02-10, 12:18 AM
Anyone slow - no go

strikerdes
19-02-10, 12:11 AM
least favourite- yuan shao

always speaking as if he is more powerful then everyone else! hate his arrogance and his moveset is useless. boooo!

DragonZhangLiao
15-04-10, 03:53 PM
I really cant stand playing with characters who are slow, or who do not have enough reach with their weapon, though their aren't that many in DW6, anyway, I like to be able to turn and slash if someone is about to attack me from behind, having a slow character just denies that possibility.
Away from their movesets, I don't like Dong Zhuo or Yuan Shao, they act so high and mighty every time you play with them, Yuan Shao thinks he's great because he is a noble, and Dong Zhuo just wants everything for himself.

guanping
04-05-10, 05:43 PM
Man I hate Xu Zhu he's so annoying. His voice, everything.

silvertongue
11-05-10, 09:47 AM
I thought I'd actually posted in this thread....

Anyway my least favourite characters would have to be:

Dian Wei
Dong Zuo
Xu Zhu

All same reason for all same characters. Too slow and to be honest I find them very boring but it wouldn't do if we all liked the same thing would it. I always leave them till the end when playing a DW or WO game.

Favourite characters have to be:

Sun Jian (especially in DW6 and onwards), I love his character design and moveset.
Diao Chan in all games but DW6 has the best weapon.
Zuo Ci in DW5, he looks kinda creepy but is fast to use and I find his musou is really handy to clear the enemies. I like his cards as his weapon. Hope he makes an appearance in the next DW installment.
Zhou Yun (DW poster boy) has been consistent in all installments, another favourite of mine and his character design is always pretty cool.
Lu Meng love his design in DW5 and moveset, I wished they kept his design similar in DW6 rather than making him wear that potato sack he seems to be wearing.
Zhang He is very funny in DW6, always makes me laugh. Ok so he may be camp and flamboyant...SO? That's part of his charm in DW6.

There are more to list but I'd be sat here all day and I really need to move, lol!

:)

Qiao Beauty
09-06-10, 01:55 PM
I have a few:

Shu:

Huang Zhong
Wei Yan

Wu:

Huang Gai
Sun Ce

Wei:

Xu Zhu
Dian Wei
Xu Huang
Cao Ren
Pang De
Zhang He (But only for his musou in DW3-5)

Other:

Dong Zhuo
Yuan Shao
Diao Chan
Meng Huo
Zhang Jiao
Lu Bu - too overpowered, I prefer a challenge

Matza1
09-11-10, 10:12 PM
My personal least favorite charactor would have to be Sima Yi, his comments make himself seem so up himself, and his move set is rather difficult to control. Also dispise him for killing off Cao Cao at the end of DW6...

Other than that (probably gonna be hated for this) it would be Lu Bu. He's good for getting payback on tough opponants, but he's far too over powered and removes the chalenge from the gameplay (rather ironic considering his quotes)

Mhi_Hayoli
24-11-10, 11:29 AM
Let's see

By character alone - Yuan Shao, Zhen Ji, Sima Yi

By fighting style - Taichi Ci, Wei Yan

Just because I hate them (don't really know why) - Diao Chan, Dong Zhuo, Meng Huo

Don't ask me why I hate the las three O_O I really don't know! I just hate them xD

DWForever
14-05-11, 07:47 PM
SHU - Zhuge Liang, Pang Tong, Huang Zhong
WEI - Xu Zhu, Cao Pi, Cao Ren, Sima Yi (except in DW6E when he had the gloves)
WU - Xiao Qiao, Huang Gai, Zhou Yu (except for DW6E when he had the staff)
OTHER - Yuan Shao, Zhang Jiao

Obviously, I'm not a fan of slow characters, ones with fans or ones with mystic staffs. I personally thought the movesets for Cao Pi and Zhou Yu could've been better, especially with Cao Pi since his double edged blade was fairly unique. Xiao Qiao's dives and leaps get me into trouble often when it misses or is blocked. Yuan Shao never seems to have any range added on regardless of Wind Seals, Wind Scrolls or RANGE added on, even in WO2. Frustrating.