PDA

View Full Version : Zhao Yun

LittleDragonZ
25-01-09, 02:59 PM
Talk about the Little Dragon here.

My favorite ever since DW2, his musou and his C4 being my most likeable moves from his previous incarnation. In DW6 he is as flashy and heroic as ever, especially in the cutscenes. Can this man get anymore praise?!

My order of appearance would be like this - DW3, DW6, DW5, DW4.

Lady Sun
25-01-09, 03:37 PM
I have to say, I have really grown to liking Zhao Yun. I always try to get him whenever playing Empires. He is such an awesome character. And now clearly the 'mascot' of DW games! lol

LittleDragonZ
25-01-09, 03:40 PM
A recent article even joked about him being a complete show-off in DW6 lol. But he is Koei's mascot to attract the young who'll idolize him. And he has all the attributes of a hero.

Lady Sun
25-01-09, 03:44 PM
He is very much the same character in the 'romance of the three kingdoms' book(s). So well done to Koei for getting it right!

It would be nice to see though, each character with a powerful opening sequence.. now that would be awesome!

Cao Cao
30-01-09, 01:35 PM
He was my favourite character in DW2,but slowly Cao Cao and Xiahou Dun were prefered over him.
His moveset is always good and average. But he gets too much attention. He is heroic,strong and so on,it seems that he has no weaknesses.
Oh,and he rescued Liu Bei's son Liu Chan at Chang Ban.

One Eyed Dragon
30-01-09, 04:06 PM
Zhao Yun was my favourite charackter in DW4 for a long time, his moveset is always very good and very average. But the same thing like Cao Cao. It´s not good when he got so much attention just because he is such an Idol in China.

zenkokuku
10-02-09, 05:14 AM
My favourite character out of the whole KOEI library. I've been a fan of Zhao Yun ever since the TV series. He has a killer moveset (surprising to have on a character other than "Lu Bu"), and is ideal for cleaning peons. In my opinion he also has the best "True Musou" quote from DW5 (I remember it was epic to use). He received a whole new level of appearance when DW6 came. I can't think of anything right now which this character needs.

Jiahe
14-02-09, 03:34 PM
I can't stand Zhao Yun, seeing his face everywhere. I find him to be highly overrated in my opinion. The only Zhao Yun I ever took a liking to was the one who played him in the Red Cliff movie, Hu Jun. Other then that, I don't like him.

Outi
15-02-09, 02:08 PM
I can't stand Zhao Yun, seeing his face everywhere. I find him to be highly overrated in my opinion.Ditto that. I just can't stand him. He's too much of a goody-goody-two-shoes hero/poet for my taste... And every time he says something, ANYTHING, I feel like shouting at him, "SHUT YOUR FACE!!!" ... I don't like his voice actor either... and what's up with his DW6 outfit, man...? He looks like a superhero.

LittleDragonZ
15-02-09, 02:16 PM
Because he is a superhero! :D

I've read people comment on his quote from the game DW6 when he's in trouble - ''I am in need of assistance'' or something to that extent, that people can't help but go to his aid to keep his mouth shut lol.

Outi
15-02-09, 02:18 PM
I've read people comment on his quote from the game DW6 when he's in trouble - ''I am in need of assistance'' or something to that extent, that people can't help but go to his aid to keep his mouth shut lol.That's so true...
Another thing you can do is mute the TV until he gets killed XD

LittleDragonZ
15-02-09, 02:36 PM
But your in bad luck, doubt Koei wish to kill this guy off or give him less fame. He's there icon. They've shown little signs of change and only really give the others a bit of attention in the expansions. The main games are slapped with Zhao Yun all over the opening and in the manuals. He's the best! Look! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08XsAR1TsbY&feature=channel_page

Ruka
15-02-09, 03:41 PM
That intro is probably one of the best, if not the best intro on DW. :D

I can't understand the fans, really, they say Lu Bu is overrated because he was a ownage machine (and still is :P) because of his high stats and killer moveset, now Zhao Yun is overrated because of being KOEI poster boy and appearing everywhere on DW Games.

Well every game/company has its own poster boys, and if Zhang He or any other character were the one getting all the attention instead of Zhao Yun i'm pretty sure everyone would be saying the same about that character. :D

Zhao Yun is an ok character, he is not one of my favorite characters but he is quite nice to use as i like spear wielding characters and is moveset is very efficient and balanced, that in DW5 and WO. I never played DW6 so I can't really say about how good he is now.

Jiahe
15-02-09, 03:54 PM
Another thing you can do is mute the TV until he gets killed XDThat is what I do most of the time just so I can tune out his annoying voice along with Dong Zhuo's DW6 enemy officer defeated quote "Gahahaha!!".

Insp. Chin
15-02-09, 04:01 PM
This video made me laugh!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83z8NGCNN4E

Zhao Yun's Diary XD What a classic!

Personally I think this voice acting is the much better than Zhao Yun XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyATWM_0hGM but he said himself handsome and he said "beloved" Sun Ce O_O

Outi
15-02-09, 08:00 PM
When you beat Zhao Yun in battle he says, "Neither my heart nor my spear have broken! We shall meet again!" ... to which I always feel like replying, "If we do, I won't recognize you. See, I was trying to break your face, not your heart" x__x

Gadner Bhan
26-03-09, 06:09 PM
Zhao Yun is the man!! He has been a long time favorite for many, and he just keeps the title for DW6. And his new appereance it's totally cool. Well, he has always had very good visual design, but now it reached an amzaing level with that shining silver armor. It gaves him a more personal and distinctive style.

His gameplay has always been very good too, and fortunately, that remains this time around. He doesn't have any particular problems for combat and it's an easy character to use.

Certainly I agree in that his quote for help request in DW6 it's a little bothersome, but hey!, he's much of a hero to dislike him just for this little detail.

ebil shrimp
29-03-09, 03:46 PM
i think that he is awesome and brave but i agree with cao cao that he gets too much attention.if you look at other characters they have as much (if not more) credability than him. but, he is awesomeso i'll stop there

Fayt
03-04-09, 12:20 AM
The overrated one, his voice acting often annoys me, crapping on about the spear of justice and needing assistance everytime he in in trouble - some hero. :P

But, he is one of the better, more balanced characters to use no doubt, and he gets some pretty damn good intro's to the games thanks to KOEI.

His popularity doesn't surprise me as he is promoted as a good first choice, he was my first favourite on DW3 after all, but then I saw the light and noticed he is just pumped up that way, still a good character to use though no doubt.

Dantie Neit
23-05-09, 08:40 AM
He's always been a very effective character, I wish I had used him in 3 instead of until 5, but still not properly until 6. Overall though, a great warrior and easy to use too.

CuckooBanana
29-06-09, 02:06 AM
i Think that Zhao yun's coolest appearance was in DW6. His combos and costume is really awesome. He also looked really cool in DW4. His hair down and the sleeveless look was really good. I don't really like the way they made him look i DW5. It was just too bland for me but i still think he was one of the best characters, just not my favorite.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_9cad38a919a04db4a04ec903649b6c23/adobe-px-assets/3290b58e82ee441586d99c1ce892babd

Stantonator
23-07-09, 02:15 PM
ive always liked zhao yun since I first played him in dynasty 3 i thought his voice was cool but then i moved on to other characters in the later games like Zhou Tai.

Toco
28-08-09, 09:33 AM
hmmmmm although a huge show off in DW6 his moveset was really cool especially his mousou

DWForever
15-05-11, 01:35 AM
Close second to Ma Chao for favorite SHU character but always fun to use, except in DW6 where his moveset was a little difficult to get decent precision on. True warrior and will probably always be in my top 6 along with Ma Chao, Ling Tong, Sun Ce, Gan Ning and Xiahou Dun.