PDA

View Full Version : Yukimura Sanada

LittleDragonZ
25-01-09, 03:36 PM
My favorite Samurai Warriors character, I like his personality, similar to Zhao Yun's but had parts where he lost his bravery and spirit for a moment, like in Osaka SW1. I much prefer his design in SW2 with more samurai armour, his voice was that of Ma Chao's from DW, but changed to a Power Ranger's voice in the WO series. Perhaps it does fit his appearance still, though. So I'm not so bothered about it.

His R1 is obviously incredibly useful in WO as well.

Jacobar
25-01-09, 06:09 PM
Same here, but i also like leyasu Tokugawa, He's great.
But my FAVOURTIE! is Mitsunari Ishida! he's just....AWESOME!

Black_Dragon
26-01-09, 09:56 AM
it would have to be Keiji maeda he is one of my favorite character and kunoichi as well

Psycho_Ifrit
26-01-09, 12:01 PM
mitsunari awsome? you have to be kidding that useless emo anyway yukimura is great just like all spear weilding characters

LittleDragonZ
26-01-09, 06:42 PM
Guys, please try and remember to keep this discussion based on Yukimura Sanada please. Thank you.

God-Like Phoenix
26-01-09, 09:40 PM
I dont mind Yukimura...his personality is pretty good, but his moveset can be a tad annoying for me at times...but if you can find a way to be efficient with it...nice work, go for it :) I think he is one of those characters that I like from afar :p

Oh...btw...Mitsunari FTW!!! :D

Gischie
03-02-09, 03:30 PM
I don't like Yukimura on SW2, his face reminds me so much Zhao Yun and I just feel like Koei didn't make a good story for him, so much important things were deleted and they just make him be a friend of Keiji.... his moveset is a nightmare for me I couldnt ever get the right one I want

Onislash
03-02-09, 10:39 PM
Yukimura, the eternal hero story. Probably too much like another Zhao Yun for me. In any case calling horses is good thing.

LittleDragonZ
06-02-09, 07:33 PM
After hearing of the WOZ characters having their SW1XL alts and DW6 costumes, I'm looking forward to Yukimura's alternate again:
http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/artworks/sw/db/swdb021.jpg

Always nice to have more options to choose from.

HebiYaro
06-02-09, 09:18 PM
I think he's ok to play, but not my favourite...
I'm a little disappointed in his story in SW2, because I miss his old personnality, and his true end in the 1 was really great... At least, it's still possible to "see it" in one of Masamune's videos...

His new personnality is lacking this dramatic dimension... But, his story is not bad either, his movies are interesting, especially his introduction... (even if it's not historically accurate).

LittleDragonZ
06-02-09, 09:29 PM
Yes, his story was very different and didn't have that award-winning ending. :p

Basically to put it in a nutshell it was about killing Ieyasu in SW1 and avenging Shingen. And in SW2 it was his friendship with the three. I guess Koei decided and thought about giving him this first. Likely Yukimura is one of the first characters to be thought of, and that they wanted to add Mitsunari and Kanetsugu in, so it just really happened as such.

I personally liked his SW1 story more also.

Jiahe
03-04-09, 01:17 PM
I like Yukimura because he was the first character I played in SW2. It took me awhile to get a hang of his moveset but not too long. Everytime I play WO with him... I think Power Rangers because Johnny Yong Bosch played the Black Ranger! \m/

CuckooBanana
04-09-09, 12:52 AM
Yukimura is a great character. His moveset is awesome and so is his look, voice and personality. I like him more than Zhao Yun by a long shot because he seems less like a superhero and more of a warrior, opposed to zhao yun who is annoying with his superhero-type quotes.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/CuckooBanana/1.jpg

Ramza
04-09-09, 01:49 PM
At first glance, when playing SW1, I mistook Yukimura for the resident Zhao Yun.
Boy, was I wrong.
Not only had he a personality beyond 'MAH LAWD' and a cool boss and aide Zhao Yun can only dream about, his story mode was about him going out to avenge his lord and his ending was...well, unexpected. It's still one of my favorite endings to this day.

Honestly I think getting paired with Zhao Yun in WO didn't do him good...now he sports a Zhao Yun-like hairstyle and has a similar armor as well.
Here's hoping he won't become like mr. MAH LAWD...