PDA

View Full Version : Hi I guess

ReinaHW
02-05-10, 05:19 PM
The basic hello thread, so hi.

My profile explains who I am better than I can explain in here. I've been a Koei fan since around 2004 when a friend introduced me to the Dynasty Warriors games by loaning me a copy of DW4 and insisting I play it.
I was unsure at the time, turned out that I would come to love it and become fond of the series.

I've read the Three Kingdoms books, excellent story, and played a few Koei games like Crimson Sea 1 and 2, Romance Of The Three Kingdoms 7, or was it 8, I think it was 7, either way I loved it.
I've also played Dynasty Warriors 4, 4XL, 4E, 5, 5E and my favourite, DW6E. Plus Bladestorm, which is pretty good, and I played a couple of tactical naval games that Koei released, they were alright, though so easy.

And that's about it.

Superbuu3
02-05-10, 08:51 PM
My profile explains who I am better than I can explain in here.

lmao i read that as My profile explains who i am better than, I can explain in here

and get DW5XL
i think its the best game in the series but i guess thats debatable

actually gundam dynasty warriors 2 is better, but if you got a problem with robots, which for some reason a lot of ppl do (despite transformers being popular) then you might be put off, but totally worth playing

ReinaHW
02-05-10, 08:57 PM
Sadly DW5XL is on the PS2 only and I don't have my PS2 anymore, I prefer DW6E a lot more, feels a lot better and I've had a fondness for character creation thanks to western RPG's for about six years or so now, I love having my own special personal touch when I play a character.

I've got DW: G 1 and 2, those games are so challenging. I love a challenge, but there's such a thing as a challenge you can improve upon and beat eventually and a challenge that doesn't let you improve and just keeps killing you because you never get the chance to improve.
Good games though, but I'm more of a Transformers fan than a Gundam fan, the thought of humans in control of robotic suits isn't one I like. I prefer the idea of sentient robots.

Superbuu3
02-05-10, 09:07 PM
gundam dynasty warriors has a pretty decent learning curve

i guess the extra missions are tough but if you do missions on hard through mission mode later on you eventually get the hang of it

i absolutely despised the combo system from DW6E and its the reason i didn't get strikeforce
if it had the 5 or G engine i would of certainly played it

and i highly anticipate the hokuto musou game its the main reason i even log into this site

ReinaHW
02-05-10, 09:13 PM
In the first one, on my older hard drive, I got to the final three characters for the second story mode, had finished the other story mode with all characters, and kept being killed off.

With the second one the missions became impossible by the first two missions, my levels were still too low and there were no other missions to choose from, so I was pitted against a huge Mobile Suit and killed off constantly, the game badly needed a Free mode so that players can take time to level up enough before being pitted against the large Mobile Suits.

I won't be going for Strike Force, it's a step backwards and doesn't have a character creation. The demo was terrible, and the main game doesn't interest me at all.
Now if it had been a combination of DW and Romance Of The Three Kingdoms, since both games have different aspects, then I would have been interested.

DW6E got me back into the series since I was losing interest at the time, I hope a sequel will improve upon DW6E.

Superbuu3
02-05-10, 09:22 PM
yeah story missions are ahrd
but can't you play as those characters in mission mode?

judau's is probably the easiest as he's a better character
co-op is a ver good idea

if it had online co op i'd offer to help unfortunately this game lacks that

ReinaHW
02-05-10, 09:25 PM
I don't care for co-op play and multi player, such things are useless and needless junk to me. Prefer single player.

I've tried all things, and I'm always pitted against a large mobile suit too early, or killed by a one hit kill from Char.

I like the games, but it would have been nice to have more of a chance to level up before being sent against one hit kill bosses.
Lu Bu used to be bad for that, now it's giant Mobile Suits and near invinicible bosses.

Superbuu3
02-05-10, 09:28 PM
its got split screen
so you don't need to bother with strangers

what difficulty are you playing on?
big robots aren't too hard, i foget her name it begins with an H but she is a pain

also mission mode is the majority if the game
the story campaign is dull comparatively

ReinaHW
02-05-10, 09:31 PM
I had it on Easy, then I tried other settings, always turned out the same, I go up against the giant Mobile Suits, I die fast. I go up against a boss at a low level, I die fast.

As an end boss at the end of the game, they would be fine, but not as your first boss at the start of the game.

Superbuu3
02-05-10, 09:37 PM
hmmm, give me a character thats killing you's name and i can see if i can give you some tips

i'm guessing your not taking advantage of the dash combo system, otherwise i'm very suprised anything can kill you like that, admittedly there are two or three characters that are lu bu equivalents

ReinaHW
02-05-10, 09:40 PM
Can't recall the name, it's many of them. It's odd because I'm really good at these kinds of games, but for some reason I'm doing poorly in the Gundam version.

I've even killed Lu Bu in DW4 and DW5, at his most unkillable point, that was simple in comparsion to trying to take on the opponents in the Gundam versions.

I use the Dash system a lot, gets me killed even faster. Either I'm getting old or there's a glitch in the game that prevents a good chance. But something's making it hard to stand a chance.

Superbuu3
02-05-10, 09:44 PM
I definitely recommend doing judau's story first it is comsiderably easier
Amuro's is probably next

Kamille's gets insanely hard, and Chars spikes at points he also has a really crap gundam

ReinaHW
02-05-10, 09:46 PM
Char is terrible. I tend to try and do the story by a time line, I can't stand Amuro, he's so...so...cliche.

Still though, it's nice to have a challenge, but there must be some way of levelling up beforehand.

Superbuu3
02-05-10, 09:50 PM
theres probably a decent FAQ on gamfaqs.com

ReinaHW
02-05-10, 09:54 PM
I had a look, none of any use. I'll just have to find a way to adapt, tricky thing is that I'm disabled - increasingly degrading hand eye coordination which I've suffered from since I was very young due to damage to the motor coordination parts of my brain - so I'll have to endure a lot of pain in order to adapt and develop a method that prevents me from being killed off so fast.

Still though, should have had a Free mode.

Leady FF ^^
04-05-10, 08:18 AM
DWG series is definately the hardest form on Musou game I would say (apart from maybe the first 75% of Strikeforce PSP in single player!).

ReinaHW
04-05-10, 02:02 PM
It's nice to have a challenge these days, just would have been nice to have a free mode and mini games with which to improve levels with.

Still, the games are fun.

Lennyverbois
16-09-10, 06:37 PM
Hi all,
i just joined this forum newbie here.
just want to say hello to all of you.

MichKat0
08-01-11, 10:50 PM
Welcome.... even though it was months back. :D