PDA

View Full Version : Free to play?

Someone
24-06-10, 02:08 PM
Hi there,
This is always my biggest issue with 360 games: Whether they are Xbox-Live only or not...

I wondered whether Dynasty Warriors 6 and Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce were free to play or whether they required Xbox Live.

I'd also like to ask what the difference between Dynasty Warriors 6 and Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires is. <:)

I'm really new to the Dynasty Warriors games and have only just got Bladestorm <:P

StratocasterEv
24-06-10, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Dynasty Warriors 6 hasn't really got online except for leaderboards but Strikeforce has a proper online mode and you just need to pay for your Xbox Live subscription to play it online.

The difference between Dynasty Warriors 6 and Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires is mostly that Empires is more freeform and strategic whereas Dynasty Warriors 6 is fairly linear and you do the stories of individual officers though I think the levels themselves are more varied and the story is told better.

In Empires you can either be an officer, a vagrant or a ruler. As an officer you do missions for your ruler as well as mercenary missions on the side and as a vagrant you just do mercenary missions and try to find someone to serve. When you play as a ruler you choose where you want to attack and your objective is to get control of China.

Hope this helps! :D

Leady FF ^^
25-06-10, 10:19 AM
Thanks StratocasterEv good info.

Someone - if you like Bladestorm I would definately suggest you try out DW6 Empires. They are quuite similar games with their mission structure and strategic overtones.