PDA

View Full Version : Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist Of Dusk

silvertongue
15-01-13, 01:30 PM
So today TKE have announced that they're to release Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist Of Dusk for the Playstation 3 across Europe this spring, March 8th to be exact.

Info here: http://www.tecmokoei-europe.com/news/62882/TKE-WILL-RELEASE--ATELIER-AYESHA:-THE-ALCHEMIST-OF-DUSK-THIS-SPRING/

So who's excited for this?

I for one am.

I wonder if there'll be a pre-order bonus? I'm guessing a soft back art book. Fingers crossed.

:)

PrismZeo
15-01-13, 01:40 PM
Ah nice I'll certainly will buy it straight away especially since it comes out really close to birthday :)
If theres a preorder bonus I really want it to be a soundtrack cd, it feels like its been ages since one has come with a game in europe

silvertongue
15-01-13, 03:38 PM
Actually a soundtrack cd would be pretty cool (and an art book, lol)

ManaAlchemist
15-01-13, 04:24 PM
Well i love the Atelier games, so I'm quite excited for it, and very happy it'll be released so quickly!

Only thing I'm not to found of with the game is Ayesha's design. The Iris series, Mana Khemia games and Arland saga all had beautiful, wonderful designed characters, and i find Ayesha to be ugly, though that's just my opinion. Otherwise though, the game looks to be awesome. :D

Rosalyn
15-01-13, 09:45 PM
Day one purchase. Love Atelier & wish to support this sort of thing making its way over here.

ManaAlchemist
15-01-13, 11:05 PM
Hmm... Very strange that it was announced to have both english and japanese voices on Twitter today, but now siliconera is claiming that isn't the case. So i wonder if they actually are correct. :S It would really suck for the ones who want the voices that won't be in the game. :/

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/15/atelier-ayesha-reaches-europe-in-march-has-dual-audio-tracks/

Rosalyn
15-01-13, 11:38 PM
One Piece didn't have an English dub in the western release, so wouldn't be too shocked if this didn't either since NISA aren't getting a look in this time(?).

ManaAlchemist
16-01-13, 10:27 AM
Hmm... It seems like NISA did the localization work for the US for Ayesha (while Tecmo Koei is handling the distribution), and I'm really starting to find it strange that Siliconera is claiming that "Atelier Ayesha will only have English voiceovers" now.

Hell, pretty much every game by NISA has almost had dual audio and as far as i know Tecmo Koei games usually has either dual audio or only japanese voices. I don't really give a damn about limited editions and the stuff most people have been whining about when it comes to Ayesha, but no japanese voices in the game!? That's just really sad.

And I find it to be a HUGE step backwards, and something that will really ruin sales for the game. :( And if it's something that would be continued with the next titles in the series, I'm guessing it'll kill the series here in the west. :(

Though for now, I'm going to trust Tecmo Koei on twitter as they really should know better what will be in the game than siliconeras writers.

Source link for the info about Ayesha US release and the english only stuff:
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/15/atelier-ayesha-coming-to-u-s-on-march-5-from-tecmo-koei-localized-by-nis-america/

Rosalyn
16-01-13, 11:21 AM
Ah, that makes sense. I was wondering why the Prinny bomb would even mention it if they have nothing to do with it. Siliconera claimed a dev got in touch with them, could just be that the community/Twitter team made a mistake?

Will still buy even if it only has English voices, even though I'm not too fond of the NISA dubs on the last two Atelier games. They did a great dub for Atelier Rorona, so maybe they'll pull it off again.

silvertongue
16-01-13, 11:23 AM
Hmm... It seems like NISA did the localization work for the US for Ayesha (while Tecmo Koei is handling the distribution), and I'm really starting to find it strange that Siliconera is claiming that "Atelier Ayesha will only have English voiceovers" now.

Hell, pretty much every game by NISA has almost had dual audio and as far as i know Tecmo Koei games usually has either dual audio or only japanese voices. I don't really give a damn about limited editions and the stuff most people have been whining about when it comes to Ayesha, but no japanese voices in the game!? That's just really sad.

And I find it to be a HUGE step backwards, and something that will really ruin sales for the game. :( And if it's something that would be continued with the next titles in the series, I'm guessing it'll kill the series here in the west. :(

Though for now, I'm going to trust Tecmo Koei on twitter as they really should know better what will be in the game than siliconeras writers.

Source link for the info about Ayesha US release and the english only stuff:
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/15/atelier-ayesha-coming-to-u-s-on-march-5-from-tecmo-koei-localized-by-nis-america/

I suppose time will tell, all we can do is wait.

Zalwis
16-01-13, 12:47 PM
I think Siliconera were getting their information from this guy (http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8633&p=552884#p552884) who has actually worked on the game and has confirmed there's going to be no dual audio. I believe the same person has also previously stated there will be no version differences between the US and EU release. I've seen the recent news from TKE stating that it WILL have dual audio so clearly there's some internal conflict between NISA and TKE. I really hope it does have dual audio if only for the sake of keeping sales up, many people (myself included) are put off by English dubbing and when you have no alternative it's going to put off a lot of potential sales which is clearly seen by all of the comments on facebook, the NISA forums etc.

Going by this tweet (https://twitter.com/tecmokoeieurope/status/291517152249393154) all we can really do is wait for confirmation.

ManaAlchemist
16-01-13, 02:11 PM
I think Siliconera were getting their information from this guy (http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8633&p=552884#p552884) who has actually worked on the game and has confirmed there's going to be no dual audio. I believe the same person has also previously stated there will be no version differences between the US and EU release. I've seen the recent news from TKE stating that it WILL have dual audio so clearly there's some internal conflict between NISA and TKE. I really hope it does have dual audio if only for the sake of keeping sales up, many people (myself included) are put off by English dubbing and when you have no alternative it's going to put off a lot of potential sales which is clearly seen by all of the comments on facebook, the NISA forums etc.

Going by this tweet (https://twitter.com/tecmokoeieurope/status/291517152249393154) all we can really do is wait for confirmation.

No offense meant at that guy, but I really, really hope he's wrong. Even if the US release only has english audio, the EU version should at least get the original audio (or reversed so people can at least import the other version if they rather want it). But yeah, seems like we just have to wait and see what happens.

silvertongue
18-01-13, 11:21 AM
TKE have just confirmed via twitter that they have confirmed the voice option with GUST and it is English audio only.

ManaAlchemist
18-01-13, 11:28 AM
TKE have just confirmed via twitter that they have confirmed the voice option with GUST and it is English audio only.

Well this is a sad day. :(

Sadly, there goes all of my last interest in the game. I could have been alright with English voices only, but seriously, when the English dub just is a "partial" dub, it feels like GUST is screwing the Atelier fans over when they could have gotten dual audio or a "Complete" set of Japanese voices instead.

silvertongue
18-01-13, 11:33 AM
Well this is a sad day. :(

Sadly, there goes all of my last interest in the game. I could have been alright with English voices only, but seriously, when the English dub just is a "partial" dub, it feels like GUST is screwing the Atelier fans over when they could have gotten dual audio or a "Complete" set of Japanese voices instead.

Who knows maybe they will add it as free DLC like TKE did with the Japanese audio for Dynasty Warriors 7.

It doesn't bother me to be honest, at least we're getting the game but from what I've read there is going to be a lot of angry Atelier / GUST fans out there.

Tsugumi Henduluin
18-01-13, 11:45 AM
GUST isn't the only to blame here. Hell, they probably only exist in name only at this point. This is simply yet another case of a Japanese company taking personal control of their localization stuff, without truly understanding the markets overseas. Not the first time it has happened, probably won't be the last.

Also, I fear that if we all were to boycott the game now, Tecmo will simply say "screw it" and not bother with any future installments. I sincerely doubt they possess the ability to grasp the reason for why we wouldn't buy the game, and simply blame it on a general lack of interest.

silvertongue
18-01-13, 12:00 PM
Also, I fear that if we all were to boycott the game now, Tecmo will simply say "screw it" and not bother with any future installments.

I agree, I won't be boycotting the game. Even if there was no dub at all and it was all subs I would still buy it. I'll enjoy the game regardless.
The things is if it doesn't sell well why would they bother to bring a new one over. I know boycotting the game is proving a point but it could also mean cutting your nose off to spite your face. Refusing to buy the game because of the lack of Japanese audio may prove the point but it also means you miss out on playing a part of a series that you enjoy and possibly any localisation of any future Atelier games.

Like I said in an earlier post it may get released as free DLC as TKE did with Dynasty Warriors 7, it may not but I like to be optimistic about these things.

Zalwis
18-01-13, 01:29 PM
Also, I fear that if we all were to boycott the game now, Tecmo will simply say "screw it" and not bother with any future installments. I sincerely doubt they possess the ability to grasp the reason for why we wouldn't buy the game, and simply blame it on a general lack of interest.

Honestly this is the biggest problem amongst our niche community. We're extremely thankful that these kind of games get translated and we know that there's plenty of other games out there that don't even get considered so I'm sure we're all worried about the same thing happening to X, Y or Z series but honestly something must be done. You don't just remove features from a game, say nothing to the community or even try to ask their opinion on the matter and then try to get away with it. If that NISA guy hadn't commented when he did we would have all found out when we got our copy through the post instead which is honestly much worse.

I hate to sound like a self-entitled douche but they need to realise that stuff like this really can't stand. You either include the dual audio option which has been included in every other game from the same company OR you include a FULL dub of the game. It has a partial dub, which in itself is half assed, then the Japanese audio is removed for absolutely no reason and they say nothing about it. Then on top of this stuff there's little things like no limited editions etc. which don't exactly help the situation. What's to stop them from pulling the same stuff with future titles? I just hope the smaller sale numbers than usual open their eyes for any future releases.

ManaAlchemist
18-01-13, 02:18 PM
Like I said in an earlier post it may get released as free DLC as TKE did with Dynasty Warriors 7, it may not but I like to be optimistic about these things.

I guess that could happen, but sadly, there's very few cases where voices has been added as DLC, so I wouldn't have high hopes for those voices as DLC. Sure, I hope i'm wrong though. Especially since TKE has released voices as DLC previously as you mention Silvertongue. But it's probably up to GUST and TK Japan to decide.

Honestly this is the biggest problem amongst our niche community. We're extremely thankful that these kind of games get translated and we know that there's plenty of other games out there that don't even get considered so I'm sure we're all worried about the same thing happening to X, Y or Z series but honestly something must be done. You don't just remove features from a game, say nothing to the community or even try to ask their opinion on the matter and then try to get away with it. If that NISA guy hadn't commented when he did we would have all found out when we got our copy through the post instead which is honestly much worse.

I hate to sound like a self-entitled douche but they need to realise that stuff like this really can't stand. You either include the dual audio option which has been included in every other game from the same company OR you include a FULL dub of the game. It has a partial dub, which in itself is half assed, then the Japanese audio is removed for absolutely no reason and they say nothing about it. Then on top of this stuff there's little things like no limited editions etc. which don't exactly help the situation. What's to stop them from pulling the same stuff with future titles? I just hope the smaller sale numbers than usual open their eyes for any future releases.

I pretty much have to say that I agree with everything you've said. Though even while there's many "loud" people complaining about all this right now, I'm guessing it won't really show that much on the sales numbers, well at least not in europe. And in the US I'm guessing if there's a lower sales number, it'll probably be because there's no limited edition, rather than no dual audio. At least that's what I'm guessing will happen. :(

But hopefully this won't ever happen again, as TKE wrote "We know how important this is for you and we will try to implement the voice option in the future Atelier releases".

Black_Dragon
18-01-13, 02:25 PM
i kinda thought this game wasn't coming out all together.....
well no matter looking forward to the start of a new atelier series
and come on guys english dub isnt all that bad it improves sure not as great as jp but heck ...
now is there going to be a pre order bonus?

Zalwis
18-01-13, 03:37 PM
Though even while there's many "loud" people complaining about all this right now, I'm guessing it won't really show that much on the sales numbers, well at least not in europe. And in the US I'm guessing if there's a lower sales number, it'll probably be because there's no limited edition, rather than no dual audio.

There's plenty of people complaining/whining/whatever on the NISA forums about this ordeal but there's plenty of us keeping quiet too. I know because of this that plenty of people are choosing to import the game instead or just flat out refuse to buy it because of how this has been handled, whether it's the false information handed out, lack of special editions, the partial dub or the lack of Japanese audio. That's why I said that I hope the lower sales numbers open their eyes - Sure the game will sell a decent number of copies but I doubt it'll sell more than previous games because of it.

and come on guys english dub isnt all that bad it improves sure not as great as jp but heck ...

Dubbing in JRPGs isn't for everyone, I personally can't stand hearing the same generic voices used by the same handful of voice actors and I know that plenty of others feel the same. The answer could just be to "Shut up and deal with it" but honestly it's hard to play with something you don't enjoy. Some people love dubbing, some people hate it. That's why dual audio is such an important thing to have in games like this, as I'm sure you know.

now is there going to be a pre order bonus?

There wont be, at least that anyone knows of. This is due to Tecmo-Koei being in charge of distribution instead of NISA.

Rosalyn
18-01-13, 05:59 PM
Seems like a silly and strange thing to do, but oh well. Going to support them anyway.

stratos2501
19-01-13, 12:07 AM
NIS America has been releasing GUST titles since 2005 with both English and Japanese tracks Why did you ruin it?. Not to mention the lack of a proper LE like NIS America do.

Sorry, but I'm not going to support you this time and thanks for ruining my most anticipating game this year. Now I'll have to import the Japanese version.

Rosalyn
19-01-13, 12:14 PM
Hopefully they will have the option to turn the voices off for people who really can't stand English dubs. Might help recover some of the lost sales if they do.

Black_Dragon
19-01-13, 07:21 PM
Dubbing in JRPGs isn't for everyone, I personally can't stand hearing the same generic voices used by the same handful of voice actors and I know that plenty of others feel the same. The answer could just be to "Shut up and deal with it" but honestly it's hard to play with something you don't enjoy. Some people love dubbing, some people hate it. That's why dual audio is such an important thing to have in games like this, as I'm sure you know.

There wont be, at least that anyone knows of. This is due to Tecmo-Koei being in charge of distribution instead of NISA.

Point 1. Yes i am aware that dual audio is an important aspect I'm sure TK will consider it in the next instalment if people make a loud enough racket or it might be DLC as silver said the only thing we can do is wait and see.

Point 2 awww damn, but wasnt TK always in charge in distribution in both america and EU its just NISA had complete control with what they could add in the game but thats no longer the case

Hopefully they will have the option to turn the voices off for people who really can't stand English dubs. Might help recover some of the lost sales if they do.

It wont be all that bad :( heck look at chaos wars as the prime example

NIS America has been releasing GUST titles since 2005 with both English and Japanese tracks Why did you ruin it?. Not to mention the lack of a proper LE like NIS America do.

Sorry, but I'm not going to support you this time and thanks for ruining my most anticipating game this year. Now I'll have to import the Japanese version.

Geez, Its all doom and gloom with you

Rosalyn
19-01-13, 08:07 PM
Geez, Its all doom and gloom with you

xD

It would have to be as bad as Tidus' laugh for me to mute it, but other people would probably dig the option, anything to keep the sales good would be super. It would be a crying shame if Atelier games stopped coming to the west.

stratos2501
19-01-13, 10:08 PM
To begin with, not all of the Japanese audio was dubbed into English.They're forcing fans to enjoy a half-baked game for 40. On top of that, I know they might have talented voice actor, but sometimes when the voices doesn't fit with characters it turn out to be annoying. They should at least release a patch for the game with the original dub.

T-K says that future titles will get dual audio, but Atelier Ayesha will probably be the last entry in the Atelier series (At least for PS3)

Zalwis
20-01-13, 01:37 AM
Point 2 awww damn, but wasnt TK always in charge in distribution in both america and EU its just NISA had complete control with what they could add in the game but thats no longer the case

Originally it was GUST releases a game and NISA gets the rights to release it in the west. They're in charge of anything that happens - this includes voice actors used, special editions combined with the game, stuff like that. They're in charge of distribution however they're a US based company so they have to pass over the EU side of the distribution to someone else who will do it for them, in recent years this has been Tecmo-Koei Europe. NISA were still responsible for publishing the game for Europe though which is why we'd always get similar goodies.

GUST was purchased by Tecmo-Koei so now they're using their western companies to distribute GUST games. This means that Tecmo-Koei are the ones in charge of new releases so all decisions now come to them instead of NISA. NISA are still the publishers for the US but they don't have free reign over what they can and can't do as far as I'm aware so this is why so many questionable things have happened with the release of Ayesha. NISA know better than to alienate their already niche audience, they're experienced in this field so they wouldn't make such a mistake.

Basically NISA are on a leash and don't really have much of a say with what happens with GUST titles, it's mainly up to Tecmo-Koei now.

silvertongue
20-01-13, 03:25 PM
It wont be all that bad :( heck look at chaos wars as the prime example

Chaos Wars voice overs were actually awful, at least it won't be their voices. I don't mean to be awful to the VA's on Chaos Wars but at least Atelier Ayesha's will be a a lot better.

Black_Dragon
21-01-13, 09:07 PM
xD

It would have to be as bad as Tidus' laugh for me to mute it, but other people would probably dig the option, anything to keep the sales good would be super. It would be a crying shame if Atelier games stopped coming to the west.
truth be told i didnt think tidus's voice was that bad iit suit him rather well annoyng voice for an annoying character

To begin with, not all of the Japanese audio was dubbed into English.They're forcing fans to enjoy a half-baked game for 40. On top of that, I know they might have talented voice actor, but sometimes when the voices doesn't fit with characters it turn out to be annoying. They should at least release a patch for the game with the original dub.

T-K says that future titles will get dual audio, but Atelier Ayesha will probably be the last entry in the Atelier series
it wont be all that bad jeez okay then await a trailer and then maybe you can voice check.

Chaos Wars voice overs were actually awful, at least it won't be their voices. I don't mean to be awful to the VA's on Chaos Wars but at least Atelier Ayesha's will be a a lot better.
yup all is better that chaos wars VA yeah no effeort whatsoever

Originally it was GUST releases a game and NISA gets the rights to release it in the west. They're in charge of anything that happens - this includes voice actors used, special editions combined with the game, stuff like that. They're in charge of distribution however they're a US based company so they have to pass over the EU side of the distribution to someone else who will do it for them, in recent years this has been Tecmo-Koei Europe. NISA were still responsible for publishing the game for Europe though which is why we'd always get similar goodies.

GUST was purchased by Tecmo-Koei so now they're using their western companies to distribute GUST games. This means that Tecmo-Koei are the ones in charge of new releases so all decisions now come to them instead of NISA. NISA are still the publishers for the US but they don't have free reign over what they can and can't do as far as I'm aware so this is why so many questionable things have happened with the release of Ayesha. NISA know better than to alienate their already niche audience, they're experienced in this field so they wouldn't make such a mistake.

Basically NISA are on a leash and don't really have much of a say with what happens with GUST titles, it's mainly up to Tecmo-Koei now.
Hmm i see.. i guess KT are going with a "learn as you go approach" eh?
hmm hmm okay got it..

Okay im still gonna support this i'll go with rosalyn on this one
but if you guys are still undecided just wait and see if theres jp voices dlc then buy sound good?

Rosalyn
21-01-13, 09:50 PM
Yeah, you've a good point there. Guess Square should be praised for finding a voice that suited the little turnip. Hopefully a trailer will come out soon so people can have time to get used to the English voices before release. They should have done most of the voice-work by now if it's coming out in early March.

socke
30-01-13, 01:52 AM
I wonder if Tecmo Koei had decided to just put this game out to die at minimum costs; maybe to fulfill any left over contracts.

Announced less than two months from release (aside from the side note announcement prior to that).
Barely any marketing e.g. press releases, localized screen shots, etc.
No website.
No limited editions.
No pre-order bonuses.
North American Tecmo Koei has yet to acknowledge the game even exists (given that NA TK also seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet and has a broken website).
Partial dubs and no dual audio plus miscommunication between branches.

Only odd part is that Ayesha is actually getting a physical release. Though Tecmo Koei Japan did release a game with the wrong game inside the box... so maybe they're bigger problems at TK which doesn't bode well for Gust either way.

Rosalyn
30-01-13, 09:12 PM
You can finally pre-order Ayesha (ShopTo & Game).

ManaAlchemist
31-01-13, 06:54 PM
I wonder if Tecmo Koei had decided to just put this game out to die at minimum costs; maybe to fulfill any left over contracts.

Announced less than two months from release (aside from the side note announcement prior to that).
Barely any marketing e.g. press releases, localized screen shots, etc.
No website.
No limited editions.
No pre-order bonuses.
North American Tecmo Koei has yet to acknowledge the game even exists (given that NA TK also seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet and has a broken website).
Partial dubs and no dual audio plus miscommunication between branches.

Only odd part is that Ayesha is actually getting a physical release. Though Tecmo Koei Japan did release a game with the wrong game inside the box... so maybe they're bigger problems at TK which doesn't bode well for Gust either way.

I have no idea who's fault it is that it all turned out like this, but yes, it seems very likely that TK Japan are the cause this time around.
Though the partial dub at least isn't their fault. NIS America should get the blame for that, rather than TK, as they were the ones doing the localization, and as such, the dubbing.

Some light is shed on this stuff in this interview about Ayesha with NISA:
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/atelier/aayesha/aayeshaint.html

Rosalyn
26-02-13, 01:23 PM
Should we be concerned? It's a little over a week until this comes out and no English trailer yet. It's probably going to be pushed back, right? :(

ManaAlchemist
26-02-13, 01:40 PM
Should we be concerned? It's a little over a week until this comes out and no English trailer yet. It's probably going to be pushed back, right? :(

I wouldn't be to worried about a delay, some games just gets trailers out on just before the release, but if it really has been delayed, I'd kinda be happy, since I'm running low on cash at the moment. :P
And one could hope they'd delay it to get dual audio in, but I guess chances for that are low. :P

Rosalyn
26-02-13, 05:31 PM
Oooo, yes. If they delayed for that it would be great! But, eh...at the same time..WANT AYESHA NOW! <3

Zalwis
28-02-13, 02:57 AM
I completely forgot this was even being released in a week, the advertising for this has been rather poor at best. I'm curious why this game is being sold with a RRP of 44.99 at GAME/Amazon etc. too, I know that ShopTo has it available for cheaper but that's not really the point, AAA titles rarely sell for that price anymore let alone a JRPG with a half done dub. The artbook is limited to GAME too, I assume?

Rosalyn
28-02-13, 10:57 AM
Same here, that is an absolutely insane asking price for a little-known title. It's actually friggin 49.99 on Zavvi who are usually pretty cheap. The art book does appear to be GAME only, but that picture for it is so strange, it doesn't look like an Ayesha book at all. Do they not care about it selling well at all in the UK? Thank goodness for ShopTo.

silvertongue
28-02-13, 11:30 AM
The price isn't exactly appealing to newcomers that don't know what the series is about. I fear this is going to be the least bought Atelier game this gen. I haven't even seen much about it anywhere.

Rosalyn
28-02-13, 02:36 PM
I checked zavvi again and they've dropped it to 34.95, guess they just made a mistake.

Hm..how well did Rorona sell? Can't imagine it having done terribly well, guess we'll just have to hope for the best.

Black_Dragon
02-03-13, 06:56 PM
Hmm still no english trailer......
I thought there would be one at least by now .... or maybe some subliminal images or what-not.
tch oh well guess ive pre ordered anyhow

though i'll probably get round to it later i have to clear a huge backlog first

Rosalyn
04-03-13, 11:38 AM
First trailer!! (English text on newspapers, no voices)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEfDtDtoKJg

belmont
04-03-13, 11:48 AM
Greetings. Does anyone know if the new Atelier game will be released in the European PSN? Seems like US is getting it. These games are hard to find in my country.

silvertongue
04-03-13, 12:07 PM
Greetings. Does anyone know if the new Atelier game will be released in the European PSN? Seems like US is getting it. These games are hard to find in my country.

I honestly couldn't tell you. However if the U.S. are getting it on PSn then that may be a good indication but who knows.

Rosalyn
05-03-13, 03:16 PM
EEEEP! ShopTo just sent Ayesha out. UGH! I cannot freaking wait for tomorrow. I was gonna go to the gym tomorrow morning, but eh... ^^;

silvertongue
05-03-13, 04:25 PM
EEEEP! ShopTo just sent Ayesha out. UGH! I cannot freaking wait for tomorrow. I was gonna go to the gym tomorrow morning, but eh... ^^;

Same here (not the gym part but the game part, lol).

Rosalyn
05-03-13, 04:44 PM
Heehee. :p

They posted up a longer trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qoD9t9GA_k&feature=youtu.be but it's only English text again. The first review didn't seem to think the voices were terrible or anything though ~ http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2013/03/review-atelier-ayesha-alchemist-of-dusk.html

ManaAlchemist
05-03-13, 08:02 PM

You guys are to damn lucky. :P

Most stores here in Sweden has only had the game for 599 kr (around 60), and finally a store lowered the cost to 448kr (around 45) today, but they're website is so crappy that I can't order.
Every time I try to order it, all I get is a message saying "Oops, our site's got hiccups".

And If I'll manage to order before the release date, I'm guessing there's a large chance that the game is slightly delayed for sweden, so I'll get it a week late (or at least that happens quite often to TK games here).

But at least when I finally get it, I'll be really happy. :P

Heehee. :p

They posted up a longer trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qoD9t9GA_k&feature=youtu.be but it's only English text again. The first review didn't seem to think the voices were terrible or anything though ~ http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2013/03/review-atelier-ayesha-alchemist-of-dusk.html

Well I've never with the english voices in a game dubbed by NISA before, but seeing as how many americans seem to want english voices in those games, I'm guessing they're alright. But I still think it's meaningless to do an incomplete dub when we could get a full set of the original voices, that probably also are somewhat better.

But at least TKE seems to pass on most of the request for japanese voices to TK Japan/Gust, so one day we hopefully might get them as DLC.

Emerald Emblem
05-03-13, 08:13 PM
Whats up with the dispatch emails with ShopTo recently. I never seem to get them, had to check my account to verify it had been shipped.

Looks like this game is gonna beat Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus to my mailbox.

Rosalyn
05-03-13, 09:20 PM
Man, those are some insane prices for Sweden. I thought Australia was the only place where they had it so bad price wise, really sorry to hear that. I skipped out on the pre-order art book from GAME because 45 just seemed way too much. ><
The book is actually beautiful it turns out, best free one I've seen (they had pictures up on Facebook). Sadly GAME appear to be out of stock for the book now and the pictures only went up today.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=536123339765195&set=a.536123286431867.1073741826.370541836323347&type=1&theater

The good news is, you can turn the voices right down in the menus, and its gives you good control of this (different sliders for event, battle voices ect). So if you feel they don't fit the characters well enough you can just knock them off.

https://twitter.com/tecmokoeieurope/status/308572333621264384/photo/1

Hm, that's strange. They send you all the other mails like order confirmation though? Very odd. They still send me dispatch emails, so it might just be a problem with your account.

Emerald Emblem
05-03-13, 09:23 PM
Order and pre-order confirmations yes, but not even the receipt before shipping. Very odd indeed.

I can't believe it'll arrive tomorrow, I never even finished Meruru.

Rosalyn
05-03-13, 10:24 PM
Might be worth talking to them about it, they always ask you to keep those things until your order arrives. Not really sure why though since they have it on the site that you've paid and all that jazz...

Aww, that's a shame. Meruru was a pretty good one (although if you didn't finish it, maybe it's because you felt differently? xD). Maybe you'll feel more driven to beat Ayesha, I've been avoiding spoilers and things, but something tells me it'll be a better than Meruru.

Rosalyn
05-03-13, 10:26 PM
Edit ~ Sorry for the double post, my PC sort of went a little nuts there.

ManaAlchemist
05-03-13, 10:49 PM
Aww, that's a shame. Meruru was a pretty good one (although if you didn't finish it, maybe it's because you felt differently? xD). Maybe you'll feel more driven to beat Ayesha, I've been avoiding spoilers and things, but something tells me it'll be a better than Meruru.

I haven't read much about Ayesha either, but from what little I've actually read, I'm thinking the gameplay might be around Meruru's level (or even better) but the story probably will be around Rorona's level (which is far from Totori or Meruru's level IMO) or worse altogether, just because I feel like the story is kinda like a rip-off of Totori or something (since Ayesha apparently is looking for her sister, kinda like how Totori was looking for her mother).

Though I might just be expecting Ayesha to be bad because I find it's character designs to be horrible after being so pampered with the beautiful artwork by Kishida Mel in the Arland Saga. xD

Emerald Emblem
05-03-13, 10:54 PM
I got bogged down with event scenes when I was trying to get things done. It sorta got on my nerves whenever i did anything it'd trigger an event scene, but then that might also come down to the format of doing things to unlock new things and areas via fulfilling conditions from checklists that it felt like I was interrupted much more than the other 2 games. I might come back to it in the future but my gaming backlog is really big that i don't see when I'll get round to it.

Rosalyn
05-03-13, 11:08 PM
The scenes in Rorona are actually my favourite, but never mind. xD It would be great for me if you're right. I felt the same way for quite some time, but I guess I got used to seeing the new designs because they have really grown on me. I thought the characters in ayesha looked boring before, but now I quite like them. Hopefully it'll be the same for you. It would be a shame to be put off by the art style.

Now that you mention it, I felt the same way whilst playing Meruru. I seem to remember Pamela's shop had waaaay too many scenes for a shop. You got in there to buy things, and it just keeps interrupting you. Hopefully there will be a better balance of scenes in Ayesha. It didn't bother me too much on the first playthrough, but when you do one or so more it really can become irritating.

Edit ~ thanks for removing my double post, and sorry for the trouble!

Emerald Emblem
06-03-13, 01:41 PM
Installing the game now. Love ShopTo. <3

EDIT: Wow, Mana was right, we were really spoiled by the Arland series art wise. Seen the first CG and it really doesn't look that great in comparison. Maybe i'll hasten my purchase of the arland trilogy artbook.

Rosalyn
06-03-13, 03:43 PM
Yeah, ShopTo are brilliant! Really? Well I hope you can get used to it, too then. I'm finding it to be a really beautiful game. Did you drop the voices down to 0? Ayesha's voice really does not fit her. =|

ManaAlchemist
06-03-13, 03:54 PM
Guys, stop playing the game now, and wait for me to get it too. xD

Anyways, I just managed to complete the order for it today, but no signs of them having the game yet, and probably won't dispatch it until friday at earliest. But I'm probably gonna be busy playing my new Disgaea 3 for Vita so I probably won't go crazy over waiting at least.

Though I have to say that it sucks that they gave away a Ayesha theme to people in the US who pre-ordered it on PSN. Why couldn't people in europe get it too, or even better, make it so that all copies of the game came with it. :/
Here's an image of it that someone on gamefaqs took: http://www.imagebam.com/image/3a7256241574589

Rosalyn
06-03-13, 05:10 PM
xD I don't have that kind of willpower, sorry.

The blue/green icons are nice, but the red? Not so much. Still, it would have been nice not to be excluded.

silvertongue
06-03-13, 07:43 PM
Mine came today, not had chance to play yet. It's a shame ShopTo don't get the pre-order bonuses though :(

Emerald Emblem
06-03-13, 09:02 PM
Mine came today, not had chance to play yet. It's a shame ShopTo don't get the pre-order bonuses though :(

Blame Tecmo Koei and their GAME exclusivity.

EDIT: Urgh, should have made sure the auto power off had been disabled, lost a good hour of work. No skip feature either.

Black_Dragon
08-03-13, 03:52 PM
Im going to file a complaint about lana how dare it go oink moo
just kidding game came in today, i really dont have any problems with the voices.
But the game, Its so far so good
although i wish there was no timer again and the trophys were shown rather than all being hidden.

Rosalyn
08-03-13, 04:29 PM
xD I've had somebody complaining to me about the cow, hahaha.
Yeah, the game is brilliant to me so far as well. :)
The timer is only there so you hit certain story events in time, rather than making you hit x goal by x time, so that should be easier.

Black_Dragon
08-03-13, 11:24 PM
xD I've had somebody complaining to me about the cow, hahaha.
Yeah, the game is brilliant to me so far as well. :)
The timer is only there so you hit certain story events in time, rather than making you hit x goal by x time, so that should be easier.
Oh thats good to know :)
although it seems you can no longer see what you're gathering and with what traits
that might make weapon synthing a bit more difficult.
btw are there any recipe books or is it level learning? im not too sure seeing as i have not encountered any books yer.

Rosalyn
09-03-13, 11:17 AM
Yeah...when it was explaining gathering I thought it meant that if you kept pressing X instead of holding it down, you'd be able to see them individually, but I guess not. It's kind of...a bummer.
Aye, there are. Some are given to you, and some are brought. The town where you meet a certain man with a mustache named Harry has a shop that sells some. Just two at first, but more later.

keiku
09-03-13, 12:09 PM
So i discover there no japanese voice in the european version of atelier ayesha, I'll NEVER BUY a game from TECMO KOEI again.
English voice are AWFULL, and the game lose ALL interest let NIS edit game from europe, they make better work than tecmo koei.

the English voice distorts the game, I'm REALLY REALLY angry again this.

the only good licence game on ps3 become to be bad because some editor make bad job. i regret i'm not import the game from us.

this is the ONLY atelier game without japanse voice. only NIS understand they fan (please NIS buy TECMO KOEI and teach them what is a good JAPANESE RPG)

and more trophee are still in japanese and some english voice are missing.

Tsugumi Henduluin
09-03-13, 04:55 PM
The US version is identical; both versions lack all Japanese voice acting.

Anyway, voice acting issues aside, the game itself is pretty damn awesome, as usual. Not entirely sure if I like the new side-quest system, as having to walk all over the place, writing everything down yourself, gets old pretty fast, though it definitely adds a bit of flavor to them.

I was surprised to find that they give you boots and gloves (for cutting down time on travel/gathering) really early in this game. I wonder if I'm simply going really fast, or if the game was designed with that in mind. I know there is less emphasis on deadlines in Ayesha, but still. Not even a year into the story and I already have both. Usually it took you 2-3 years until you got them, unless you had a wiki open and rushed straight for them >.>

*Edit*

Just met Kyle. Hot damn, his VA is awesome. Real shame the others aren't at that level :(

ManaAlchemist
09-03-13, 08:13 PM
So i discover there no japanese voice in the european version of atelier ayesha, I'll NEVER BUY a game from TECMO KOEI again.
English voice are AWFULL, and the game lose ALL interest let NIS edit game from europe, they make better work than tecmo koei.

the English voice distorts the game, I'm REALLY REALLY angry again this.

the only good licence game on ps3 become to be bad because some editor make bad job. i regret i'm not import the game from us.

this is the ONLY atelier game without japanse voice. only NIS understand they fan (please NIS buy TECMO KOEI and teach them what is a good JAPANESE RPG)

and more trophee are still in japanese and some english voice are missing.

Copy of my reply to your message in the Atelier Ayesha news thread:

"First of all, I don't like it either that there's no japanese voices. But why are you blaming Tecmo Koei? If you want to blame someone blame the developer GUST, they are the ones who decided that there would be no dual audio. Secondly NIS America are the ones who's done most of the work on this title, like dubbing, so they are to blame if you find the english voices bad.

Also, Tecmo Koei has forwarded lots of requests for the japanese voices to GUST, so in the future, they might be added as DLC. And most likely, there'll be dual audio in future titles to not **** of so many people again by not including it. So don't go around saying "only NIS understand their fans", when they are the ones who's done the localization of this game, which you find so terrible. Tecmo Koei has pretty much just handled the distribution.

I don't have the game yet, so I don't know what's the deal with trophies, but NIS America are probably the ones who missed translating them, and yes, NIS America only did a partial dub for the game, so that's why it's missing some voice acting.

So really, I recommend that you don't go blaming companies, when it in fact isn't their fault."

Tsugumi Henduluin
09-03-13, 10:44 PM
Now, I'll admit I'm not thoroughly familiar with the finer points of licensing and localising titles, but isn't it usually the publisher (TK in this case) that decides what to keep and what to cut? After all, they're the ones that will have to bear the costs. GUST's responsibilities ended after they gave the localization company, NISA, access to the source code, or so I'd imagine anyway.

Do tell me if I'm wrong though, this is a good an opportunity as any to gain more insight into this whole process >.>

ManaAlchemist
09-03-13, 11:07 PM
Now, I'll admit I'm not thoroughly familiar with the finer points of licensing and localising titles, but isn't it usually the publisher (TK in this case) that decides what to keep and what to cut? After all, they're the ones that will have to bear the costs. GUST's responsibilities ended after they gave the localization company, NISA, access to the source code, or so I'd imagine anyway.

Do tell me if I'm wrong though, this is a good an opportunity as any to gain more insight into this whole process >.>

Well I don't know the details exactly either, but from what I've read, GUST still seems to exist as they did before, just that they now are owned by TK Japan, so yes, they might be the ones who decide a lot for GUST. But anyways, even if GUST just is a part of TK now, the developers still have a say in things (otherwise who knows how the games would turn out), and from what I've read in interviews (with NISA) and stuff TK Europe has said, it sounds as GUST were the ones who decided to not include dual audio.

And also, I kinda see no reason why TK would just buy GUST, and then start removing the japanese audio from all international releases, when they've included the japanese voices in all previous Atelier games they've released in Europe (and almost all other games they've released too). But sure, I could be wrong about most of this, but from what I understand, it is at least not Tecmo Koei Europe or Tecmo Koei America's fault that the japanese voices weren't included, as they just are the distributors/publishers.

I would really like it if they could just go and clarify who's done what though, and for what reasons, as it would just make it so much easier for people to know what is to be blamed for this "messed up" release. :/

Black_Dragon
10-03-13, 05:39 PM
Oh more complaints, and they're not about Pana, tsk tsk
Why cant everyone just enjoy the game, hate the VA's mute it or tough it out.
Anyhow the game music is also rather interesting i gotta say im progressing rather smoothly now

I checked the jp list it appears that people have finished this in 2 or less days that's not possible is it?

also..Mana that's some very good constructive points, I didn't actually know some of this, I don't think i could beat you in an argument :D lol

ManaAlchemist
11-03-13, 07:29 AM

Dunno why, but I can't since I seem to be the only one that doesn't have the game yet. :(

Anyhow the game music is also rather interesting

Well, Atelier titles usually have so damn good music, so if this game had bad music I would really have been surprised, though I kinda miss having Haruka Shimotsuki doing the opening songs and some other vocal songs, like she did for Atelier Iris 1-3 + Mana Khemia 1.

also..Mana that's some very good constructive points, I didn't actually know some of this, I don't think i could beat you in an argument lol

Thanks, but I think pretty much anyone would be able to beat me in an argument. It's pretty much what I suck the most at (hell, pretty much the only time I've ever ditched class in school or faked sickness was when we had to argument in class xD).

PrismZeo
11-03-13, 03:44 PM
Oink Moooo? I think this game has been pretty fun so far & I love the battle music. If the 3 year thing for a good ending path is back I think I'm heading for the bad ending due to being killed so much after running out of attack items. Also I feel sorry for "Mr Keith", Ayesha sure does ask him some dumb questions...

Black_Dragon
12-03-13, 12:11 PM
Dunno why, but I can't since I seem to be the only one that doesn't have the game yet. :( Ah, Not to worry im sure its already on its way!
Well, Atelier titles usually have so damn good music, so if this game had bad music I would really have been surprised, though I kinda miss having Haruka Shimotsuki doing the opening songs and some other vocal songs, like she did for Atelier Iris 1-3 + Mana Khemia 1. Oh yeah she was actually pretty good but though i cant say if i liked the mana khemia opening song though. but yeah overall gust does a brilliant job with the music.
Thanks, but I think pretty much anyone would be able to beat me in an argument. It's pretty much what I suck the most at (hell, pretty much the only time I've ever ditched class in school or faked sickness was when we had to argument in class xD). lol really? i think you would have actually been pretty good at it considering all the points youve presented :)

Black_Dragon
12-03-13, 12:56 PM
Oink Moooo?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I think this game has been pretty fun so far & I love the battle music. Also I feel sorry for "Mr Keith", Ayesha sure does ask him some dumb questions...
Same here! as for Kieth lol yeah but he was the uh "Specticaled man" before lol but ayesha is still pretty much a novice when compared to him

Sorry for the double post My phone wont allow me to post that easy

Black_Dragon
14-03-13, 11:36 PM
Flower hunting sure is a pain it appears only one of them shows up at 11/11 yr2 i think i may have missed it oh well no matter Ive been actually killing all the boss monsters with ease thus far but now it appear that that this wolf is actually harder to kill than i thought.

Zalwis
17-03-13, 08:56 AM

It's a matter of how you look at it, really. It's hard to tell someone to enjoy a game when there's a glaring problem with it that takes the enjoyment away from the game for many people. You can tell some people to just grit their teeth and bear it by muting or whatever but for a lot of people that's not really an option. Why play something you don't enjoy after all? Some people can play through stuff, enjoyable or not, just for the sake of playing it but for many people who don't enjoy it I'm sure they'd prefer to go play something else.

It's not quite as simple as that. Every single voice in the game is under contract and many of these contracts are very badly made. Some voice actors absolutely refuse to let their talents be used in anywhere but Japan so it'd be illegal to use the Japanese audio (at least for that character) outside of Japan. This can apply to multiple voices in the game and even to some of the music. This may be the reason why Atelier Ayesha had no dual audio, I'm not entirely sure, but this has been the main problem with Japanese games/music/anime/whatever for many many years. Even if Tecmo Koei wanted dual audio (and I'm sure NISA made them aware of it) they may have had absolutely no choice in the matter.

This isn't to defend the release either though, it was poorly advertised, the dubbing was half done, there were no real goodies available minus a really small artbook only available from a specific retailer and a ridiculous RRP of 44.99 on top of all of that. I'm sure I've probably forgotten a few other things but you get the point I'm trying to make. The lack of dual audio is really just the icing on the cake and I honestly hope it's a wakeup call to Tecmo Koei for their future releases, at least for GUST games.

Rosalyn
17-03-13, 01:38 PM
A15 announced! http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/614/614107/

Appears to be the next installment in the Dusk/Ayesha series. Trailer/teaser ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnB3BZktmqg

silvertongue
17-03-13, 01:48 PM
Do we know if it's going to be a trilogy again?

dethomaidev
17-03-13, 02:40 PM
Thanks, c*ng lúc c*ng hay

Rosalyn
17-03-13, 04:25 PM
Naw, not for sure yet. But apparently they did say they want to continue with the Ayesha series AND Arland (but that's probably meaning the portable versions when mentioning Arland?) They will give more details on the 28th.

You're welcome, new member. :>

ManaAlchemist
17-03-13, 05:01 PM
A15 announced! http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/614/614107/

Appears to be the next installment in the Dusk/Ayesha series. Trailer/teaser ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnB3BZktmqg

Hmm... Dunno what to think of it being the next in the "Dusk/Ayesha" series, as they've removed a bit to much of what i call the Atelier series in the first game (Puni's, Pamela and Hagel for example), but then again, they might appear in this installment.

Though I don't know if it's the same character designer or not, but I think the characters look a lot better than what the characters in Ayesha does, which is very good. :D

Tsugumi Henduluin
17-03-13, 06:41 PM
First of all, thanks for the info on the localization process. The work of voice actors being copyrighted is something that had not even occurred to me, but it would explain a lot of things. Really too bad TK never told us the exact reason for leaving the Japanese track out as a simple explanation might have contained a lot of the outrage, although I fully understand they are under no obligation whatsoever to do so.

As for the A15 announcement: yup, it's Hidari again, which I can only applaud. Kishida Mel is pretty nice, but Hidari's designs have a certain charm and softness to them that I really like. Hidari also seems to be far more tasteful in his designs/art, but that could be just me.
ANN mentions "surprises" to be announced along with additional info. Perhaps we'll see a nearly simultaneous English release now that TK handles the distribution overseas?

Rosalyn
17-03-13, 07:45 PM
Yeah, playing Ayesha makes you miss Hagel ect. At least the barrel joke did make a return after all.
Man, it would nice nice if they released closer together. Although it actually feels slightly overwhelming how fast GUST produce new games.

A poster on NeoGaf said
that GUST expressed the desire to continue with both Arland series and the Aeysha series.

silvertongue
18-03-13, 01:52 AM
So far I'm really liking Ayesha and to be quite honest I'm glad it's not set in Arland this time around. At first I was a bit surprised but I'm actually not missing what I thought I would be missing. Granted I wish Pamela was in it but maybe it's time GUST shook things up a little. So far so good in my eyes. Things feel fresh again, like they did when the Arland trilogy started.

Rosalyn
18-03-13, 11:26 AM
Ayesha is a lovely game. :) You have a point there. Some Puni wouldn't have hurt though since they're just beasts. Still not finished it (in late year 2 now), but it is a really nice game.

Tsugumi Henduluin
18-03-13, 11:53 AM
I think the reason they did away with those is that this particular setting is supposed to be a bit darker, more serious than the very light-hearted Arland setting. Having those same-old joke characters and monsters in there would have undermined that to a certain extent. Sure, they could have changed the personalities, but that would probably have pissed off fans, as such things tend to do.
Where did you find a barrel reference by the way? I encountered none in my entire playthrough :(

Rosalyn
18-03-13, 01:08 PM
****SPOILER****

"second playthrough after saving Nio."

PrismZeo
19-03-13, 12:31 PM
I think I've finished my 1st run of the game now? A final boss like thing was defeated at least...so what happens next? Do I just wander around finishing off sidequests until the game suddenly ends on a certain date?

Tsugumi Henduluin
19-03-13, 07:46 PM
Pretty much. You'll probably want to try to finish up as many character quests as you can, then save right before the end so you can see all the different endings. The game lets you choose this time around, so you don't have to replay the entire game 5 gazillion times for just a couple of extra scenes.

PrismZeo
20-03-13, 02:25 PM
Alright that sounds cool, guess I'll use the rest of the game time this playthrough trying to defeat that "mini" dragon and the other optional bosses. Is Lvl 50 really the max for characters in this game btw?

Tsugumi Henduluin
20-03-13, 04:04 PM
Yup. Level 50 seems to be the max for pretty much all Atelier games, or at least the ones I've played. Don't count on max level being enough to kick dragon butt, though. I got owned hard, even with some pretty decent gear :p

PrismZeo
20-03-13, 04:16 PM
Don't count on max level being enough to kick dragon butt, though. I got owned hard, even with some pretty decent gear :p I see, kinda weird I managed to have accidentally reached maxed level before beating the last boss in this game but not in the others. Looks like I'll be having to resynthesize everyone's equipment to grant more hp since there's no way they're surviving that dragon with their current max of 120hp

Black_Dragon
23-03-13, 07:13 PM
Oh im so close to plating but first of all i need to beat that damn dragon
i already beat tank-kun so all thats left is him on my list before i finish.

Rosalyn
23-03-13, 09:23 PM
Wish all of them had the option to pick what ending you get. Saved so much time towards the plat. ><

Black_Dragon
24-03-13, 02:57 PM
Heres a celebration picture for everyone
http://img.acianetmedia.com/i/8QqMF.gif

Rosalyn
24-03-13, 07:00 PM
Thanks. :p

Gotta love Wilbell's leveling up laugh.

Black_Dragon
26-03-13, 03:32 PM
Thanks. :p

Gotta love Wilbell's leveling up laugh.

Lol :) id have another picture to go with that as well but im a little limited right now.

okay i have beaten everything in ayesha and the compact dragons adult form grand dragon
heck i went in overprepared and damn i killed him in a less flashy style its 9999hp wasnt enough :(
oh well i have nothing left in the notebook to do all thats left is to wait it out and platinum.

Rosalyn
26-03-13, 06:35 PM
Nice one. The black dragon was annoying (not you, the monster xD). By the way, the next Atelier has been revealed (Atelier Escha & Logy)! http://gematsu.com/2013/03/atelier-escha-logy-revealed-for-playstation-3

Miss Kaoru
27-03-13, 06:43 AM
Hello, TK?! Collector's Edition? Do you guys even have a store for purchasing Atelier Ayesha? So far, I've only seen it on Ebay and Amazon to purchase and hell would have to freeze over before I buy anything from Amazon! GameStop doesn't even have it and when I enquired about it from the guys at the counter, they never heard of it and it wasn't listed in their system! Something tells me that JRPGs is not on TK's agenda! ^-^

Rosalyn
03-04-13, 09:19 PM
Free Ayesha DLC on the store now. :>

Called Cow's Paradise https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/new-exploration-site-cow%27s-paradise/cid=EP4108-BLES01793_00-A14EXTRAMAP00000

Black_Dragon
28-01-14, 05:34 PM
im still wondering why i even bothering posting for ah well for whom it may concern a plus version on the vita will be coming soon probably after escha and logi

Black_Dragon
16-10-14, 09:18 PM
Plus version coming on January though you guys already know ;)
and Escha and logy plus for JP

But again its digital only i assume the prevoius game's sales would have pushed koei to release a physical version by now.

Mr.Honda
07-11-14, 08:03 PM
Official Announcements of release date(s):

Europe: http://forum.koeitecmoeurope.com/showthread.php?34505-ATELIER-AYESHA-PLUS-THE-ALCHEMIST-OF-DUSK-COMING-14-01-2015

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk for the PlayStation Vita will be available for digital download on 14 January 2015

America: http://forum.koeitecmoeurope.com/showthread.php?34507-KOEI-TECMO-AMERICA-CONFIRMS-LAUNCH-DATES-FOR-ATELIER-AYESHA-PLUS-THE-ALCHEMIST-OF-DUSK-AND-ATELIER-SHALLIE-ALCHEMISTS-OF-THE-DUSK-SEA

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk for the PlayStation Vita will be available for digital download on January 13, 2015 for $39.99.

Black_Dragon
20-01-15, 04:35 PM
Well this
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/PsV2/2015-01-19-193625_zps0f796ade.jpg

The English voices are bugged :( Theres also a slight loading issue.

Usually KT have done a good job with ports but this one isnt quite perfect.
*sigh*

Kaiser Dragon
10-02-15, 09:00 PM
Plus version coming on January though you guys already know ;)
and Escha and logy plus for JP

But again its digital only i assume the prevoius game's sales would have pushed koei to release a physical version by now.

So far I have bought Totori Plus and Meruru Plus, both at $20 ($40 is too high for a digital only game). I'm still waiting for Rorona Plus (Vita version) to get discounted before picking it up.

Unfortunately the one I wanted, but now I'm considering skipping even if it goes down to $20, is Ayesha Plus: DLC costumes cost another $15 total. This is outrageous considering that the DLC costumes for Meruru Plus are only $3 and for Rorona Plus $6.

And if that wasn't bad enough, the BGM pack DLC which was free for Rorona Plus, costs $1.50 for Ayesha Plus.

Things have certainly gone from bad to worse with these releases.

Black_Dragon
11-02-15, 05:52 PM
So far I have bought Totori Plus and Meruru Plus, both at $20 ($40 is too high for a digital only game). I'm still waiting for Rorona Plus (Vita version) to get discounted before picking it up.

Unfortunately the one I wanted, but now I'm considering skipping even if it goes down to $20, is Ayesha Plus: DLC costumes cost another $15 total. This is outrageous considering that the DLC costumes for Meruru Plus are only $3 and for Rorona Plus $6.

And if that wasn't bad enough, the BGM pack DLC which was free for Rorona Plus, costs $1.50 for Ayesha Plus.

Things have certainly gone from bad to worse with these releases.

I do agree that it is a bit costly, thankfully as you said they were on offer ... I still personally want it come in a physical format though lol
Btw, Rorona plus was on offer for the vita for a short while so you may have sadly missed it, but you can get the ps3 version of Rorona plus much cheaper (physically) if you want, Or are you more of a portable player?

I see i didnt know, im more for default costumes than others. But there are unlockable costumes too.

I get what you mean buuuuut this is somwhat more justifable, it comes with every single song from Marie all the way to meruru, so thats a little over 1200 and an extra 3gb in size. No escha and logy though.

Hmm true, PS3 versions seem fine but just the ports are a bit clunky.. i did read on the ps blog that chin was investigating it, just need to wait and see.