PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Warriors Online coming to Europe & U.S

silvertongue
12-08-10, 09:17 AM
So last night I get a tweet from tecmokoeieurope about Dynasty Warriors Online coming to Europe & the U.S. How exciting?!

Anyway there's a couple of links here about it but it doesn't give much away as such:

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/111/1111511p1.html

Gameplay trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-leader-dynasty-warriors/702667?type=flv

You can even sign up for beta:

http://dynastywarriors.aeriagames.com/

This is exciting news!!

Thadius
12-08-10, 10:11 AM
I remember seeing images of this years ago, surprised it took this long to make an appearance for the US and Euro markets. Still though worth a look at.

DumbFounded
12-08-10, 10:19 AM
Rather looking forward to this, I tried the Japanese one and loved it, even though I couldnt do any quests beause I..cant read them.

silvertongue
12-08-10, 11:15 AM
Rather looking forward to this, I tried the Japanese one and loved it, even though I couldnt do any quests beause I..cant read them.

So frustrating when you want to play a Japanese game but you can't because of the language barrier. There's loads of Japanese rpgs that I'd love to play but won't get the chance.

At least it's coming in English now!!

StratocasterEv
12-08-10, 12:23 PM
YES! I've been wanting this for ages! I really hope it comes here, if it does then it's time for me to upgrade my PC. I don't even play PC games but I think I'll make an exception here.

Thadius
12-08-10, 01:00 PM
Signed up for the beta, with aeria though I assume nearly everyone will get access soon.

@StratocasterEv
You are missing out on the some of the best gaming out there, multiplayer wise if you don't play PC aswell as Console, get that rig upgraded :)

Superbuu3
13-08-10, 10:42 AM
Looks like the DW6 engine... I'm not going to bother.

This game could easily be played on a console, it would be better with headsets as well. I have no interest in playing with PC users, they take these kinds of games too seriously and that ruins the experience for all. Also Aeria game = costly in game upgrades that you have to pay for. This leads to unbalanced gameplay and generally leads to a headache in the long run unless you like putting in more money then you'd put in with a monthly subscription.

DumbFounded
13-08-10, 11:35 AM
Its basically Dynasty Warriors 5, but online quests and maps, Its been out for years in japan and free to play, Its fairly decent, if you follow some guides on Koeiwarriors you can play it now and try for yourself

silvertongue
13-08-10, 11:39 AM

This game could easily be played on a console, it would be better with headsets as well. I have no interest in playing with PC users, they take these kinds of games too seriously and that ruins the experience for all. Also Aeria game = costly in game upgrades that you have to pay for. This leads to unbalanced gameplay and generally leads to a headache in the long run unless you like putting in more money then you'd put in with a monthly subscription.

Or you could just try it and see what it's like before you make a decision on it.

Its basically Dynasty Warriors 5, but online quests and maps

DW5 has always been a favourite of mine, well this and Strikeforce so I'm very happy about this.
We can only try it and see what it's like!

:)

Thadius
13-08-10, 07:16 PM

This game could easily be played on a console, it would be better with headsets as well. I have no interest in playing with PC users, they take these kinds of games too seriously and that ruins the experience for all.

Wow thanks for tarring every PC player with the same brush :) and people wonder why console gamers are viewed as immature by PC gamers. Admittedly the controls do seem to be better suited to a controller, but if you are hardcore about playing this anyway you can get one cheaply from amazon or any other gaming shop, and using headset mics aren't really exclusive to consoles no problem there. Probably won't bother with any micro-transactions unless they add something a little more significant.

God-Like Phoenix
14-08-10, 01:05 AM
Im not surprised that this game is going for a US/EU release, what is really surprising is that it has taken this long for it to happen (^.^) I haven't really been paying all that much attention to it, only what I see around the Koei Warriors forum from our DWO Guru(Pan), but it does look like a pretty good game, one most likely worth the time :3

Im not sure if the game is available to play in Australia, I dont know, maybe we might get thrown in with the EU region as per usual, but I think it would be pretty fun to play . . . and yes, it is not the DW6 engine that this game runs off . . . it will be the DW5, always has since the original DWO was released, and will most likely stay that way :)

LittleDragonZ
14-08-10, 04:02 PM
It has taken a long time, but remember DWO was announced before and what seems pulled from the queue.

And I guess to make up for the long appearance is likely the free online which would've been the key to people buying this or not.

silvertongue
14-08-10, 04:06 PM
I just hope my pc will run it as at the moment my pc is a nightmare, lol!!

Superbuu3
16-08-10, 12:47 PM
Wow thanks for tarring every PC player with the same brush :) and people wonder why console gamers are viewed as immature by PC gamers. Admittedly the controls do seem to be better suited to a controller, but if you are hardcore about playing this anyway you can get one cheaply from amazon or any other gaming shop, and using headset mics aren't really exclusive to consoles no problem there. Probably won't bother with any micro-transactions unless they add something a little more significant.

You're not tarred unless you consider yourself that serious. Chances are you're not though and i doubt anyone on this board is considering I didn't get any severe trolling replies.

It not being DW6 will make it more interesting, I just hope it plays exactly like DW5. So I might consider it.

Having played PC MMOs before I've seen the pointless rubbish that gets dragged into the game because people get really serious. People stealing rare items from each other. Mics actually solve a lot of problems you get less creepy people trying to chat up other players, to get items (admittedly this is some people's own stupidity). I'm sure all of you are aware that kinda stuff happens. The main reason that this is more problematic is when actual money is involved, which is generally the case in 'free' MMOs. None of this happened to me but it happened to people I played with and people get really weird about games, i'll just put it this way the game wasn't quite as fun when people try to drag you into arguments.

Cao Cao
22-08-10, 06:05 PM
I'm happy to see that DWO finally comes out here.

Leady FF ^^
23-08-10, 08:10 AM
Just to say we are not connnected to this release in anyway. It's licensed by our hq to another company (Netmarble I think).

silvertongue
23-08-10, 02:09 PM
Just to say we are not connnected to this release in anyway. It's licensed by our hq to another company (Netmarble I think).

Really? A bit like Samurai Warriors 3 was to Nintendo?

Leady FF ^^
23-08-10, 04:29 PM
yep. Basically the same as that ^^