PDA

View Full Version : Book/Unit Discussion

God-Like Phoenix
26-01-09, 07:02 AM
Here you can discuss the books that allow you to use a variety of different Units...and talk about stuff like which ones are your favourites, which ones are your least favourite, and how you use each of them induvidually.

LittleDragonZ
26-01-09, 06:56 PM
Well for most of the story events I used the cavalry. I found them too convenient to get across the maps quickly and too deadly to cease units advancing and causing problems to me. It wasn't till mid-late game that I really did mix and tried out other units, like if I was playing around or trying scenarios out. Of course that led to getting all maxed and the Silver Spear, Bow and Sword along the way.

Leady FF ^^
26-01-09, 11:05 PM
Has to be the two-handed swords, two-handed maces (mainly for the ragdoll moves!). And my Magicians. And of course the Ninjas (well they are not really a book, but what a unit!)

God-Like Phoenix
27-01-09, 10:32 AM
Well, I did say you could talk about the units in the books :p

Also...damn, because your Ninjas have the type advantage over my riflemen...I think they're called Fusileers, or something like that, and yes, the explosives book is my favourite...too bad it takes so damn long to get -_-

Ive started playing BS lately, so I started again(still mainly French side :p ) and after the Battle of Crecy, and a few battles afterwards, my highest level book is the Knives, at around 18 and my lowest is I think Horses on 11, so thats not all that bad.

The Magicians are fun to use, but their severe lack of defence really annoys me, especially when most of the moves only have a certain range...also, its also those who have the type advantage over the rifles...I guess thats why I hate going up against Christine and Iamarl :p

Shika
28-01-09, 03:48 PM
Archery is my favorite unite^^ I haven't finish the game yet, but I use only them. But it needs a little more strategy in my opinion

God-Like Phoenix
28-01-09, 07:55 PM
Archers are an alright substitute untill you get to the rifles...who have a lot more power and attacking speed than archers...but I think less range.

Hey Leady...while playing through it again lately...ive seen just why you like the Ninjas ^^ they really know how to attack really quickly...and I find that theyre really good at taking out most of the enemy units that you can find in the larger forts...so theyre quite helpful there :)

I also found it funny how in just one little skirmish...my long spears went from level 10 to 21 :p

Leady FF ^^
28-01-09, 09:53 PM
its just makes me laugh when i stand back from the battle and 'send in the ninjas' the way they speed in to the battle with that Ninja run.

HAHAH ..thats the thing I love about BLADESTORM, the speed everything happens. When you get good at it you can dominate a map much quicker than something like DW Empires or DWG2.

Its not the repetitive hack/slash, kill/repeat. BLADESTORM is like BANG BANG BANG - Base down onto the next. I think people dont realise just how arcady it gets later in game when you get used to it.

Anyway:

BLADESTORM :worships:
Ogasawara-san :worships:
Suzuki-san :worships:

God-Like Phoenix
29-01-09, 05:56 AM
Lol...Im finding the game much more fun now that im using pretty much every book to my disposal, instead of spamming just one of them...like swords :p

It takes real skill to take out a base really quickly, especially with a disadvantaged unit...like Knives and Rapiers, while theyre all at pretty much the same level :)

Its quite disheartening to think that such a great game is pretty much ignored by much of the gaming world -_- but I guess the only way to bring its popularity up is by never shutting up about it :p :worships BS:

Leady FF ^^
29-01-09, 08:11 PM
But BS is one of the best-selling KOEI games in Europe.

:worships: BS again

God-Like Phoenix
29-01-09, 08:16 PM
Hmm...really? huh, never knew that ^^

Is it just me who gets annoyed at trying to level up Camels, Elephants and Chariots? cause I just find them to be annoying to use -.-

:worships: BS some more :p

Leady FF ^^
29-01-09, 09:39 PM
:worships: Camels !!

(yunno they aare strong against cavalry right ? how useful is that when fighting for England ^^)

Also the Elephants what I like to do is walk into a walled (preferably small) base and then spawn all my elephent troops and watch them rampage around, I have havd 20+ Elephants in some bases.

God-Like Phoenix
30-01-09, 09:28 AM
LOL, thats just rediculous ^.^

Right now Im getting really frusterated with trying to level up the axes, since so far...all theyre good against are spears and longspears, with a lot of disadvantages...but im getting there eventually :)

Im having fun with Knives, Rapiers and Halberds...since they can take out quite a few bases on their own :)

civiliza
26-02-09, 05:27 PM
I'm at the point where I've completed the main Level 5 English battle, and am now slogging my way through upgrading some of my least favourite units.

My undoubted favourite book is the Archers (I'm at 100% and have over 15000 unused SP's) followed quite some way back by the 2 handed swords (just lurve that Sword Wave).

There's nothing like a squad of archers for single-handedly wiping out an advancing battle group.

As a long term devotee of archers though, why are my nemesis (Rapiers) so poor in battle?

God-Like Phoenix
27-02-09, 10:48 AM
I find that a good place to train up the Rapiers, is in one of the larger, castle like forts, for example, Rouen, Bordeaux etc. Thats mainly because the units that are usually in those are Axes, and Halberds, but there can sometimes be a few horse units, so if you keep your archers with you, you can eliminate that problem from the start...personally, I find that the Rifles do a much better job :p