PDA

View Full Version : Eidos Absorbed into Square Enix Europe!!! What?!?

Tabithalongman
23-01-13, 04:47 AM
Eidos will no longer exist, well actually it will still be used by former Eidos development studios like Eidos Shanghai, Eidos Hungary, and Eidos Montreal. Eidos has been absorbed into Square Enix Europe. Let me tell you a story.

Once Square Enix was two seperate rival companies: Square (Squaresoft) and Enix. They were both well known for their RPGs. However in 2003 Square and Enix announced they would merge, this is great they may take too long to make a game but this is still great. Some years later they bid for Tecmo, but Tecmo merges with Koei instead (Koei Europe has been renamed either Koei Tecmo Europe or Tecmo Koei Europe). Instead Square Enix bids for Eidos which makes Tomb Raider. They win and Eidos remains independent. Right now though Eidos is absorbed into Square Enix's new european division. All future Eidos IP will be published by Square Enix. Crystal Dynamics will still create Tomb Raider titles. Am I angry about what happened to Eidos, not really. Im sorta sad, but not angry.

Though I am curious about future games. Square Enix owns Eidos IP and development studios. This should help them gain non RPG franchises and extend their reach. What happened to Eidos is the same thing that happened to Sierra (it was absorbed into Activision). What do you think about this news???

Rosalyn
23-01-13, 10:14 AM
This is what I think...

1) It happened ages ago.

2) This has nothing to do with Tecmo Koei.

3) Eidos have been allowed a lot of freedom, it's hardly effected their games at all.

Superbuu3
29-01-13, 01:35 PM
This is what I think...

1) It happened ages ago.

2) This has nothing to do with Tecmo Koei.

3) Eidos have been allowed a lot of freedom, it's hardly effected their games at all.
Completely agree, I still got my Deus Ex so it's all good.

Final Fantasy 13 being hated is nothing to do with mergers so i have no clue why people act like mergers are a disaster, the only problem is when studios are closed down or sold for profit and thats probably not going to happen.