PDA

View Full Version : Midlands MCM Expo 2009 (21 February)

Insp. Chin
27-01-09, 10:47 AM
The midland expo in Telford, Shropshire. We will be presenting Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce and have a small booth there for a day.

For more information, please visit: http://www.midlandsmcmexpo.com/

Insp. Chin
12-02-09, 10:47 PM
Advert update!

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/koeiuk/tour.jpg

Can't wait since it's coming next week. Not just I can meet fans and friends I can also see more KOEI cosplayers!! :)

Leady FF ^^
13-02-09, 05:06 PM
Can't wait to meet Lady Zhang He!

Insp. Chin
19-02-09, 12:48 PM
This Saturday! Yes! Gonna take some pics of Zhang He (Sands) and hope there is an ice-cream store there!

LittleDragonZ
19-02-09, 05:57 PM
Yeah, it's a shame I don't really have the time or money, otherwise it could've been cool. But I've just got my copy of SF4 delivered. Yeah!!

Insp. Chin
20-02-09, 12:25 PM
Wow wow, Leady told me there are 8 PSPs for Strikeforce XD

Lisa_Willow
21-02-09, 08:31 PM
I went today specially to see the Dynasty Warriors stall, and ended up coming back like 8times before it was empty :D
Would just like to say thankyou to the man on the stall (I was the girl really hyper in the vampire princess miyu costume) he was really lovely, and obviously knew what he was talking about ^_^
Strikeforce = awesome

LittleDragonZ
21-02-09, 09:13 PM
I went today specially to see the Dynasty Warriors stall, and ended up coming back like 8times before it was empty :D
Would just like to say thankyou to the man on the stall (I was the girl really hyper in the vampire princess miyu costume) he was really lovely, and obviously knew what he was talking about ^_^
Strikeforce = awesome
Haha, perhaps it was Insp. Chin? He's use to explaining to people what to do and helping out. He's from Malaysia and has long brown hair, was that him? If so, he'll probably respond here later on.

Welcome to the forum, glad that you had fun. :D

Insp. Chin
21-02-09, 10:35 PM
I went today specially to see the Dynasty Warriors stall, and ended up coming back like 8times before it was empty ^^
Would just like to say thankyou to the man on the stall (I was the girl really hyper in the vampire princess miyu costume) he was really lovely, and obviously knew what he was talking about ^^
Strikeforce = awesome

Hi Lisa, the man on the stall, the one with more hair or the one with less hair XD If it's the one with more hair then that's me, sorry if my English wasn't so good in explaining (but I think that should be Leady FF ^^ because I was mainly in charge in setting ups today :3). I was a bit busy doing the setup because some kids they kept resetting the PSP so I had to reconnect it again and again by telling them "wait, wait" sorry if I seemed impatient ^^" (I didn't mean to do that :P) Glad to hear you enjoyed the show, we had a fun day and we're so happy to see the fans in Telford, LOVE U GUYS!!!

Most photos are in Leady FF ^^'s camera and videos are with Sands. I only took few from my mobile phones. Here's the look on how it looked like, quite the same as Memorabilia, having a mini booth, SPECIAL THANKS TO Gischie and Leady FF ^^ to set up SUCH AN AWESOME BOOTH!

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2356/195/80/561642142/n561642142_1890037_1563.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2356/195/80/561642142/n561642142_1890038_1868.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2356/195/80/561642142/n561642142_1890040_2485.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2356/195/80/561642142/n561642142_1890041_2784.jpg

(I took these pics before the show started, that's why you didn't see much people, it was crowded though)

Also, congrats to Sands (as Zhang He from Dynasty Warriors 6) who won the NO.1 BEST Cosplay Prize in Midlands MCM Expo. WE're so proud!!!!

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2356/195/80/561642142/n561642142_1890044_4753.jpg

She's so cute, and her performance on the stage is SO outstanding, she spread the petals and the show music is MAGNIFICENT SHOW from DW6 and she deserved to win the show cause she stole all of it :3

I'm sure she'll post the performance video up really soon, it's in her camera :)

Gischie
22-02-09, 10:12 AM
>< what! I hope it's not Leady ff ^^, I personally forbid him to talk to lovely cosplayers LOL and only speak to tiny boys and for information, he isn't bald but shaved hair by me and I hope this guy was Insp. Chin, on this way he could finally get a girlfriend!

LittleDragonZ
22-02-09, 11:19 AM
That all the photos from you Chin? Come to think of it, perhaps I would be a good Zhang He? I'm thin and tall after all. 0% chance of that happening though!

Laura won again, WHAT A SURPRISE! LOL

Gischie
22-02-09, 11:29 AM
Yeah she won again, I' a bit sad because I tried to take pictures of her but the camera that I had, didn't work well lol
Of course you could be Zhang He, LDZ, I can't wait to see you wearing high heeled boots!

LittleDragonZ
22-02-09, 11:36 AM
LOL I said 0% chance of it happening. Never will the day come, Gischie! :D It's just that seeing Laura as Zhang He reminded me I had never thought about him when we were talking about which I could be.

Will needs to upload the pictures!

Sands
22-02-09, 12:05 PM
Hey guys

Thank you again so so much for yet another awesome expo =]
The KOEI stand seemed to be extremely popular, and Christines wall of posters was brilliant haha.

I'll have the videos all up and edited together by tomorrow evening. I'll post it here asap when its done =]

Cant wait for DW day and May Expo now ^^
x

Leady FF ^^
22-02-09, 02:23 PM
Hi Lisa, the man on the stall, the one with more hair or the one with less hair XD

Chin you big meanie! I know I dont have cool hair like u bit its not fault its stopped growing now >.<

Anyway, I'm happy that Lisa said I know what I'm talking about when it comes to DW because I learned it all from the people on this forum ^^

Lisa - It was nice to meet you, I'm glad you had a good time and c u again soon I hope :)

Sands - What can we say. 'You're truly a legend of our time' as they say in SW.

Hopefully i can post some pics of Gischie's 'Wall of Zhao Yun' and also it's destructio later ^^

Gischie
22-02-09, 03:39 PM
Hey guys

Thank you again so so much for yet another awesome expo =]
The KOEI stand seemed to be extremely popular, and Christines wall of posters was brilliant haha.

I'll have the videos all up and edited together by tomorrow evening. I'll post it here asap when its done =]

Cant wait for DW day and May Expo now ^^
x

^^ thank you Sands, luckily Chin filmed your cosplay on stage, I really loved it when you threw all those petals.

LittleDragonZ
22-02-09, 05:28 PM
Something tells me I won't enjoy the destruction of the wall...

DW day is the TokyoToys expo in April, right? Chin wants me to go... For the sake of Dynasty Warriors! :D

Insp. Chin
22-02-09, 05:34 PM
DW day is the TokyoToys expo in April, right? Chin wants me to go... For the sake of Dynasty Warriors! :D
Post that one here - http://www.koei.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=256 unless you want me to treat you my fist.

Lisa_Willow
22-02-09, 07:28 PM
hahaha, it was the guy with the short hair! :D
and yes I could see the problem throughout the day with the very small boys who where obsessed with pressing every button on the psp's :")
was a great day :D

Insp. Chin
22-02-09, 10:17 PM
Chin you big meanie! I know I dont have cool hair like u bit its not fault its stopped growing now >.<

No no!! That's not what I meant. I should say the one with shorter hair and the one with longer hair. but that wasn't I meant like you think in the first place >.<

Lisa, yes!! Glad you enjoyed the show :3

Qing Long
22-02-09, 11:22 PM
Great work on the KOEI Booth everyone, nice photos with KOEI characters posters everywhere! ^^
& Congratulations Sands, your Zhang He cosplay looks so awesome too! Cool you won a prize :)

Leady FF ^^
23-02-09, 10:45 AM
One things I thought was lacking was the food and snacks available.

No ice-cream stand or other good things :(

(best thing was the pork scratchings from the vending machine out the front).

Gischie
23-02-09, 11:38 AM
I think I hate about it, was all those stupid teenages who danced everywhere -_- and who sang silly song like Macarena... it was so annoying, I mean it's an expo but come on don't embarassed yourself like this -_-!
Especially in the cosplayers stand, I even though Sands will die of annoying with them but she won and I'm very happy for her ^^ because she was then only Koei cosplayers there

Insp. Chin
23-02-09, 11:42 AM
Blog updated - http://koei.co.uk/blog/strikeforce/?id=55

What we'll wait for now is Zhang He's cosplay video :D

Gischie
23-02-09, 11:52 AM
T-T I want to add also the pics but the camera I had that day was so rubbish, I personally blamed the owner of that camera!

Insp. Chin
24-02-09, 08:10 PM
Thanks to the lovely Sands, the video is up!!

http://koei.co.uk/blog/strikeforce/?id=56

LittleDragonZ
25-02-09, 08:11 PM
Cool video, but I didn't like the bit near the end with what Gischie did... Looked like she really enjoyed it!

Sands, did you not think about making his spear? Though I reckon his claws would've and are more awesome!

Gischie
26-02-09, 02:55 PM
Strange for me it was the best part ^^, hope I could do it again at the London MCM expo stand :p

Shika
28-02-09, 10:41 PM
Strange for me it was the best part ^^, hope I could do it again at the London MCM expo stand :p
I hope we will do this at Japan Expo ! Me too want to destroy Zhao Yun wall :p

Insp. Chin
28-02-09, 10:57 PM
Yes!!! Japan Expo is a must :D But it depends if we still have leaflets or not, or else you gonna destroy SSX's wall :D

Shika
28-02-09, 11:05 PM
You know I can't :p If you have too many SSX leaflets, I can help you to get rid of it by taking them lol But if you have Zhao Yun leaflets, I'll help to destroy them all... till the last one ! uh uh uh >:3

Insp. Chin
01-03-09, 04:10 PM
Hahaha I'll give it to you if we have loads XD

LittleDragonZ
01-03-09, 04:46 PM
Hahaha I've saved much money as of late, but my mum uses it whenever she wants. :'(

Just been joking to Chin about pizza being all on me, Italian is my fave. But I hope not many would want it, or I'm bankrupt because of all the cosplayers. Though I think Laura and Kaman would just want candy lol.

Last time I just had chips and burger which tasted quite good.

Insp. Chin
01-03-09, 04:50 PM
Just give us candies then lol. If it's DW Day please go to DW Day topic, and since that's DW Day we plan to go for Dynasty food. And please go and continue it at DW Day topic thanks.