PDA

View Full Version : why is there no important playable characters???

andybear257
30-10-10, 05:13 PM
why is there no important playable characters in any the dynasty warriors???
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
does any1 know any games where you can play as characters like emperor xing, emperor liu xie, empress he,
the characters from the yellow turban campaign like the leader He Jin, Huangfu Song, Zhu Jun, Chunyu Qiong, Guo Si,

dong zhuo campaign characters like yuan tan, kong rong, yuan xi, yuan shang, yuan shu, gongsun zan, gongsun yue, wen chou, yan liang,

God-Like Phoenix
23-11-10, 04:01 AM
Im going to assume that it has got something to do with the fact that the game is based mainly around the Three Kingdoms, and the story behind those three. With those characters that you have mentioned . . . that is pretty much all that they would be in the game for, there is not really all that much else that they have a role in. Sure its a bit like that with the "Other" characters that are in the game, but they're in mainly because they seem to be the most prominent opponents to the Three Kingdoms . . . or something like that (^.^)

KawaiiKojiro
12-12-10, 11:35 AM
Well, it's as said above, while I agree with you in that those people are very important, but they are only very important for those related subjects, if that makes sense.

The sort of 'famous' heroes I think were chosen from the ones whom achieved either vast historical prestige, or appear in enough of the Three Kingdoms' battles, to make them playable.

It's like two of Cao Cao's Top Five Generals historically appear as those sort of normal Lieutenants in the game.

I do remember there being one circumstance that sort of gives you what you want though. If the Empires games, you can play as the Lieutenant Officers as well as the 'famous' ones.

LittleDragonZ
21-12-10, 06:36 PM
Important characters? Well, the series is and has been after all based around The Three Kingdoms, so ideally the focus will be on those people and events.

We have yet to see eagerly awaited characters who appear before the divide of Wei, Wu, and Shu. Popular wanted characters like Gongsun Zan, He Jin, Hua Xiong, Yuan Shu, etc. But at least now we are finally seeing KOEI move forwards and put some focus on the Jin dynasty and just what happened after Wu Zhang Plains.

Hitsuzen
24-06-12, 01:57 AM
I think it's because Dynasty Warriors is currently focusing on Wei, Wu, Shu and the newly made Jin. The others you have mentioned are important, but they are more of the 'Early Han' characters, which KOEI are slowly losing focus. I myself want Chen Gong to be in the game, along with Lu Ling Qi. However I don't think that will happen soon.