PDA

View Full Version : Mana Khemia PSP / PS2 - UK Release

Leady FF ^^
27-01-09, 02:27 PM
Please note the PS2 version will be a ‘Premium Edition’ packaged with the CD Sound Track and cardboard sleeve.

MANA KHEMIA: ALCHEMISTS OF ALREVIS AND
STUDENT ALLIANCE COMING TO EUROPE

Santa Ana, CA (Jan 27, 2009) – NIS Europe announced today that both Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis (PS®2) and Mana Khemia: Student Alliance (PS®P) will be published by NIS Europe for the European countries. The decision comes after increasing demands for hardcore titles in Europe. NIS Europe will release several
hardcore titles a year and gradually increase its line‐ups. Hardcore gamers in Europe can expect the same level of quality that the North American gamers have been enjoying for years.

The 4th entry in the RPG series, Mana Khemia is different from the previous Atelier Iris games. Mana Khemia is a campus sim style RPG, where you can interact with classmates and professors to complete academic quests. You play as Vayne Aurelius, a novice alchemist who was invited to attend Al‐Revis Academy. At the academy Vayne will meet human and not so human(?) alchemists, and together you will solve the mysteries of alchemy.

Key Features
Multi‐player ‐ A co‐op mode were you can battle monsters together to get rare items. Jump Start‐Install part of the game on to the memory stick to make loads faster.
Academic Quests – Players will take on quests that the professor assigns. If you fail your mission, you may have to stay after school. Also depending on who you work with for your assignments, the outcome of the story will change.
Avatar Crafting ‐ Personalize your characters by “crafting” skills and stats instead of just levelling up through combat. Crafting skills and stats allows the player to create unique characters like a warrior that excels in summoning magic or a magician that’s an expert that s at snipe shooting.
Item Crafting – A comprehensive item/weapon crafting system. Create anything from healing potions to swords through alchemy.
Team Crafting ‐ Craft items using your team’s recipe.
Symbol Encounters – No more random encounters. Visually confirm and engage enemies.

About NIS Europe
NIS Europe is a subsidiary of Nippon Ichi Software, Inc., a Japanese company famous for its unique line of strategy RPGs including titles such as Disgaea, Phantom Brave, and Makai Kingdom. In 2008, NIS Europe was established to publish exciting and innovative game titles for the European territory. NIS Europe is devoted to offer products that hardcore gamers will enjoy. As a growing publisher, we are committed to continuous improvement and dedication for customer satisfaction.

About Gust
Gust Co., LTD. (Gust) was established on October 1st, 1993 in Nagano, Japan as an entertainment software developer. Gust strives to create sensible new games that continually advance gaming technology to fulfil the dreams and expectations of their fans around the world.

©2009 Gust Co., Ltd. Mana Khemia is a trademark of Gust Co., Ltd. All rights reserved. Licensed to and Published by NIS America, Inc.

RELEASE DATE: 27th March
PLATFORM: PlayStation® 2 & Portable
GENRE: RPG
PLAYER(S): 1 (PS2) 1~2 (PSP)
PUBLISHER: NIS Europe
DEVELOPER: Gust

silvertongue
28-01-09, 01:24 AM
OMG!!! Woo hoo!!

It's about time Mana Khemia: ALCHEMISTS OF ALREVIS got a UK release!
I've been playing the U.S version for a while now but will definitely get the UK release.
It's even released on my birthday!!! :)

ManaAlchemist
28-01-09, 05:49 AM
Oh GREAT! :D I was just about to import them since i hadn't heard anything about it coming yet, but now i don't have to. :) So now i'm really happy. :D

Edit: I forgot one question i had, is Koei going to co-operate with NIS Europe or something like that maybe?

Leady FF ^^
28-01-09, 09:15 AM
Basically NIS Europe will publish, market and PR and we will just to the distribution ^^

silvertongue
28-01-09, 10:19 AM
Basically NIS Europe will publish, market and PR and we will just to the distribution ^^

Does that mean that there's a possiblilty that Koei may distribute Ar Tonelico 2: Melody Of Metaflica? I hope so since 505 Games did the distribution for the Ar Tonelico: Melody Of Elemia (and messed it up) and it didn't even appear in the UK. It was however released in Europe and is in full English!

Anyway back on topic:

Mana Khemia, OMG i'm so excited!!

I've pre-ordered on Play.com
I was gonna pre-order from Game but it hasn't shown up on their website yet.

:)

Leady FF ^^
28-01-09, 04:36 PM
^^ did you by any chance email me earlier ;)

silvertongue
28-01-09, 11:20 PM
^^ did you by any chance email me earlier ;)

Ha, yes i did!

PrismZeo
29-01-09, 12:24 AM
Sadly I read this news too late, I already placed an order for the US psp version. That special ps2 one sounds nice though... I might get that as well!

Does that mean that there's a possiblilty that Koei may distribute Ar Tonelico 2: Melody Of Metaflica? I hope so since 505 Games did the distribution for the Ar Tonelico: Melody Of Elemia (and messed it up) and it didn't even appear in the UK. It was however released in Europe and is in full English!

I hope koei does do that, its a nightmare trying to get some games 505 release! I went through so much hassle trying to get the first one, ended up buying it from an Italian website. Wild Arms 5 was almost as much trouble... :eek:

ManaAlchemist
29-01-09, 06:26 AM

Nice. :)

I hope koei does do that, its a nightmare trying to get some games 505 release! I went through so much hassle trying to get the first one, ended up buying it from an Italian website. Wild Arms 5 was almost as much trouble... :eek:

Yeah it would be really great if they could release Ar Tonelico 2 here (and maybe even try to get the rights to republish the first Ar Tonelico in europe? Unlike how 505 Games messed up bigtime atleast, though I'd guess that's more or less impossible :().

Leady FF ^^
29-01-09, 09:54 AM
tbf it's not 505 games fault. Selling PS2 games in Europe and especially the UK isn't an easy job.

PrismZeo
29-01-09, 10:28 AM
tbf it's not 505 games fault. Selling PS2 games in Europe and especially the UK isn't an easy job.

Why "especially the UK"? Is it a tax thing?

ManaAlchemist
30-01-09, 05:10 AM
But the thing is that they have released other games everywhere in europe which have been easy to find like Steambot Chronicles (which i see everywhere right now in stores), Cooking Mama and such and yet they didn't do that for Ar Tonelico and some other newer games which is something i just can't understand. A publisher themselves should probably feel that they have failed at the publishing if they don't get out copies to every country if they say that they're going to publish it in europe. And if they know they can't release it everywhere they probably shouldn't say that they'll release it. Well that's my look on it, so sure it might not be their fault that it's hard to publish games in europe and so but then they probably should let someone else publish the game instead so that everyone can get it.

EDIT: I forgot to ask another thing, will both Mana Khemia games have japanese voices?

Sho-saka
31-01-09, 08:53 PM
Wait, wait, wait. I'm confused about the publisher stuff.

So is NIS Europe just another branch off KOEI or is it just KOEI's alter ego? :/ Can someone explain this to me?

I'm just glad this isn't Square Enix taking over the JRPG domination...at least in Europe.

Shika
31-01-09, 09:19 PM
NIS makes the games, Koei distributes them.

Sho-saka
31-01-09, 11:07 PM
I know that NIS makes the games. It's the publishing stuff that makes me confused more and I'm still really baffled if NIS Europe is either seperate from KOEI or not... :/

Discordia
01-02-09, 06:45 AM
I know that NIS makes the games. It's the publishing stuff that makes me confused more and I'm still really baffled if NIS Europe is either seperate from KOEI or not... :/

Wow, you could of dug up a conspiracy there Sho!(OMG I HAVENT SEEN YOU IN AGES! WAS BANZAI @ TRPG)

However, if NIS Europe was KOEI, why would S-E be publishing D3?

ManaAlchemist
01-02-09, 06:53 AM
From what i can understand NIS is trying to get a good branch in europe with NIS Europe, and now in the beginning they take help from Koei and Square-Enix (atleast the NIS Europe logo is on the Disgaea DS & Rhapsody DS box arts, and the NIS Europe logo is on Square-Enix Disgaea 3 site so i'm guessing they're helping atleast).

Sho-saka
02-02-09, 06:35 PM
Wow, you could of dug up a conspiracy there Sho!(OMG I HAVENT SEEN YOU IN AGES! WAS BANZAI @ TRPG)

[Off-Topic: OMG! It's been a long time, since I've seen you. XD]

However, if NIS Europe was KOEI, why would S-E be publishing D3?

Hmm...that's another conspiracy plot you've got there, mate. XD

From what i can understand NIS is trying to get a good branch in europe with NIS Europe, and now in the beginning they take help from Koei and Square-Enix (atleast the NIS Europe logo is on the Disgaea DS & Rhapsody DS box arts, and the NIS Europe logo is on Square-Enix Disgaea 3 site so i'm guessing they're helping atleast).

On a serious side-note, yeah; that could probably be it.

Leady FF ^^
05-02-09, 08:50 AM
Just to clarify on request of TwightRijax:

MK PS2 - English and Japanese Voice Track
MK PSP - Englsh only (due to space issues with the UMD)

ManaAlchemist
05-02-09, 04:42 PM
Just to clarify on request of TwightRijax:

MK PS2 - English and Japanese Voice Track
MK PSP - Englsh only (due to space issues with the UMD)

Well as long as the PS2 version got the Japanese voices I'm happy. :D But i guess it'll be nice to play it in English on PSP too if it's a good dub. :)

Discordia
11-02-09, 10:13 AM
Just thought I better add this, as it doesent say on the front post, the Multiplayer and QuickStart(obviously) are PSP exclusive(well not clearly)

The PSP version also have exclusive items to be synthesized and items exclusive to the multiplayer mode

Leady, can you confirm please?

EDIT: I also would like some confirmation of a Australian/NZ release and who is NIS Europe's down-under distributor. I haven't seen it for pre order ANYWHERE, so I'm curious. As usual we'll get screwed over though.

Thank You.

silvertongue
11-02-09, 01:13 PM
Leady, they still aren't showing on the GAME website. Will GAME definitely be stocking them?
I've pre-ordered the PS2 version fom Play.com but would prefer to order from GAME. It's all about the points, lol!

Leady FF ^^
12-02-09, 08:48 AM
I have a meeting with GAME next week so I will try and sort it out with them then. Hopefully they will add it to their web-site after that.

Discordia - I will check that with NIS.

silvertongue
12-02-09, 09:06 AM
[QUOTE=Leady FF ^^;6799]I have a meeting with GAME next week so I will try and sort it out with them then. Hopefully they will add it to their web-site after that.QUOTE]

Cheers matey :)

Leady FF ^^
12-02-09, 02:24 PM
Discordia - No plans to release in AUS/NZ at the moment.
Also you other question is confirmed as well.

Discordia
12-02-09, 07:35 PM
WTF. Did they say why not?

Shall I go all Gan Ning?! RAWR!

Onislash
12-02-09, 10:09 PM
Damn it. Not that this is kind of thing has never happened, but it still is annoying.

Discordia
13-02-09, 07:03 AM
Are you from down-under too Onislash?

I'm sure KOEI will come into the situation and help us out a bit.

Onislash
13-02-09, 07:39 AM
I am from Australia. I hope that happens.

Discordia
13-02-09, 07:43 AM
I may be tempted to import it from the UK, however IMO we shouldn't have to. The fact that it isn't available here makes me consider calling on Gan Ning, however I won't.... Yet.

Onislash
13-02-09, 12:54 PM
Import is tempting, as if the game makes it to "down under" it probably wont be for a while now.

silvertongue
13-02-09, 03:48 PM
Do you guys in Oz get screwed alot over games that come out in PAL territories but not Australia?

Discordia
13-02-09, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't say often with games not actually getting released here(as in this case), however we often get them 2 to 3 weeks later than the PAL release date etc etc, unless its a big game. For KOEI games its normally close to a month later cause the local distributor is useless.

Onislash
13-02-09, 11:09 PM
I ended up getting Disgaea 2 from England because it kept getting delayed in Australia. Never mind SMT Devil Summoner, that was almost a year after Europe. I mostly do not import.

silvertongue
23-02-09, 09:37 AM
Hey Leady, Mana Khemia still isn't showing up on GAME's website.

Leady FF ^^
23-02-09, 10:26 PM
I know, I emailed them again today. Hopefully it should be on there soon ^^

Leady FF ^^
25-02-09, 01:11 PM
It's up:

http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?platform=*&s=mana+khemia&sort=itemOrderasc

Order away ^^

silvertongue
25-02-09, 05:26 PM
Thanks! Yay!

Discordia
11-03-09, 08:10 AM
Is Mana Khemia still on track for the 27th?

Leady FF ^^
11-03-09, 09:02 AM
yep ^^ (it is)

PrismZeo
11-03-09, 01:19 PM
It's up:

http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?platform=*&s=mana+khemia&sort=itemOrderasc

Order away ^^

So is the ps2 version still going to have the cd with it? Game doesn't seem to have mentioned it on the page like they usually do..

Leady FF ^^
12-03-09, 10:57 AM
yes it has CD and Mini-poster, I just havent had a chance to send that artwork to GAME yet. Thanks for the reminder ^^

http://www.koei.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=24&pictureid=506

silvertongue
18-03-09, 12:42 AM
So it's exactly the same as the U.S release? Thats great news :)

Discordia
18-03-09, 05:57 AM
yes it has CD and Mini-poster, I just havent had a chance to send that artwork to GAME yet. Thanks for the reminder ^^

awwwww shiny...... Me wanty :(

El_Patas
21-03-09, 05:54 PM
Hi,

but this game is published by Koei or NIS Europe?

I hope Koei is not the publisher, because never includes the
selector of 60hz for Pal users, and enjoy the game at their
original speed and full screen.

I hate Koei, this su**s, how many good games ruined... all the Atelier iris
games, Soul Nomad, Persona 3, Persona 3 FES...at 50hz and
cinemascope screen, please stop.
Is not a hard job including a selector of 60hz.

If the Pal versión is only at 50hz, i import it from USA again...
another game, again one more time...

Publishers who don't includes selector of 60hz for ntsc games are
a big m**s.

Regards.

Discordia
22-03-09, 07:33 AM
Its being published by NIS Europe however distributed through KOEI UK.

Leady, maybe you could elaborate why KOEI doesen't include 60hz modes in their releases? I had wondered for a while but it never bothered me enough to ask.

ManaAlchemist
22-03-09, 08:55 AM
I hate Koei, this su**s, how many good games ruined... all the Atelier iris
games, Soul Nomad, Persona 3, Persona 3 FES...at 50hz and
cinemascope screen, please stop.
Is not a hard job including a selector of 60hz.

I can't understand why someone would hate a publisher because they don't include 60hz in the games. Not everyone can import games just like that so people should just be happy that the games come here at all, but sure 60hz can be nice but there's no problem as long as the conversion to 50hz is good. And i just thought i'd mention that Atelier Iris 2 and 3 actually had 60hz.

PrismZeo
22-03-09, 09:40 AM

I still can't see that image on their site yet, did they decide not to use it? I placed an order for it anyway even though I just started the psp version.

Someone on another site randomly decided to spoil the game's ending for me...I hate the internet sometimes :mad:
Oh well, I won't let that ruin my fun...

silvertongue
22-03-09, 10:17 AM
Someone on another site randomly decided to spoil the game's ending for me...I hate the internet sometimes :mad:
Oh well, I won't let that ruin my fun...

Well that was nice of them, NOT!

I'm really excited about this game coming out. I had the U.S version but sold it as soon as i found out it was getting a UK release as i like to play them on the PS3.
From what i played of it already i loved. Roll on 27th!

The poster (cd sleeve) has a weapons stat list on it too on the reverse. Well the U.S version did and from the looks of the picture its exactly the same.

El_Patas
22-03-09, 11:16 AM
I can't understand why someone would hate a publisher because they don't include 60hz in the games. Not everyone can import games just like that so people should just be happy that the games come here at all, but sure 60hz can be nice but there's no problem as long as the conversion to 50hz is good. And i just thought i'd mention that Atelier Iris 2 and 3 actually had 60hz.

Is so easy, playing a game who as designed in 60hz and full screen
in 50hz, is a ****.

A good conversion on 50hz?
There's a very few good conversions to 50hz, and finally, also is not
the same than the original 60hz.

Exactly! not everyone can import the games, this is the first and best
reason for the publishers in Pal market, includes the selector of 60hz
on games coded in ntsc, and enjoy the game in full experience.

A lot of people play in terrible conversions of 50hz because
don't know this things, simple as that.

If the people continue supporting publishers who don't port right
the videogames, only for the reason you have published it
in Pal, this **** continues forever.

Well, only few days for know how good is the conversion to Pal format.

Regards.

BlazeKousuke
22-03-09, 07:56 PM
just te let you know

japan has region2
so does europe
but Japan has 50 hrz ntsc
in america it's 60hrz ntsc
and europe has 50hrz pal

so if 60 hrz of america is put in 50 hrz it would be the 2nd conversion

confusing, but true

El_Patas
23-03-09, 11:58 AM
just te let you know

japan has region2
so does europe
but Japan has 50 hrz ntsc
in america it's 60hrz ntsc
and europe has 50hrz pal

so if 60 hrz of america is put in 50 hrz it would be the 2nd conversion

confusing, but true

Really?

i never hear the japan is 50hz ntsc, but if this is true, now i understand
better why the japanese games arrives in the Pal market in
a terrible state, with two conversions in the way...

Regards.

Leady FF ^^
24-03-09, 01:19 PM
OK, we (finally) recieved the PS2 version to our office.

What I can confirm:

It has 60htz mode
It works ok on PS3 (well it does on our debug, not sure about normal PS3 but should be fine). I havent actually played it but it boots up find and plays the opening movie.
It has a Japanese lang. option.
The mini-poster is the notes from the CD sound track (size of 4 CDs)

Chin is taking some pics for you guys now.

Insp. Chin
24-03-09, 01:20 PM
Here you go :)

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/koeiuk/mk/mk1.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/koeiuk/mk/mk2.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/koeiuk/mk/mk3.jpg

silvertongue
24-03-09, 01:45 PM
Hey Chin does it have the weapons stats on the cd cover too like the U.S version?

Leady FF ^^
24-03-09, 01:59 PM
I checked that for you actually, I forgot to post. It doesnt it's just the names of the songs on there.

PrismZeo
24-03-09, 02:48 PM
Now that looks great! It even looks like its a full OST cd too. This isn't preorder only set is it? All copies have this stuff?
Anyway I just hope my order doesn't get lost in the post again....

Leady FF ^^
24-03-09, 03:03 PM
All UK PS2 stock is this version ^^. So you will get it.

silvertongue
24-03-09, 06:18 PM
Thanks for looking Leady :)

ManaAlchemist
24-03-09, 06:44 PM
All UK PS2 stock is this version ^^. So you will get it.

Isn't it for all of europe too? Or is the bonus stuff only for the UK?

Leady FF ^^
24-03-09, 08:32 PM
I think everywhere (but we are not distributing in Italy, Spain and France) so I cant confirm on those. Your in Sweden right?

silvertongue
24-03-09, 10:41 PM
Do GAME ship worldwide or to Europe? Or is it just the UK?

Just checked the status of mine with GAME and the status is being processed. I'm really excited about this game. I cannie wait. Hard to believe i'm nearly 35, lol!

Ranger Ryu
24-03-09, 11:40 PM
yeah GAME ship to anywhere in the world

ManaAlchemist
25-03-09, 05:25 AM
I think everywhere (but we are not distributing in Italy, Spain and France) so I cant confirm on those. Your in Sweden right?

Well that sounds somewhat good. :) And yeah I'm in Sweden, you distribute (or at least have some distributing partner) there right? Since Sweden was one of the few countries, if not the only, that got the Soul Nomad soundtrack if i remember right when Koei published it here.

And i just gotta say that the pictures of that game really makes me want it to be Friday faster so that it'll finally be released. :D

Onislash
25-03-09, 05:49 AM
I did not realise that Soul Nomad was packaged in some places with a soundtrack. Oh well, least I got the game.

silvertongue
25-03-09, 09:38 AM
I didn't realise about the Soul Nomad soundtrack either!

My Mana Khemia has been despatched. Is it wrong to be this excited? lol!

Leady FF ^^
25-03-09, 10:44 AM
I think we used all the Soundtracks in Sweden as an incentive for GAME or EB there (I dont think we ever made it available in the UK for pre-order, I dont have a good memory that far back though lol)

ManaAlchemist
25-03-09, 12:57 PM
Yeah i think that's what you told me Leady around it's release :). Though they were supposed to come with the pre-orders my didn't come with one since the GAME store hadn't gotten the soundtracks then, though when i came back at a later time they had gotten them and the guy there remembered that i had pre-ordered and bought it so he gave me one of the soundtracks. :D But that means you guys distribute games in Sweden right? :)

My Mana Khemia has been despatched. Is it wrong to be this excited? lol!

I don't know if the store that I'm buying it from (webhallen.com, a swedish store) has them in stock or if they even will get them in stock till Friday (since they often doesn't get the game in their main store until about a week later :( ) but i'm really, really excited about the game now anyway.

Leady FF ^^
25-03-09, 02:34 PM
But that means you guys distribute games in Sweden right?

Well we're trying! It's hard to find a distributor there though. The one we have no is ok though, they just purchase the last of the MK PS2 actually. We shipped to them earlier this week so you should be ok (unless Webhallen is trying to buy stock from a UK distributor or something...).

ManaAlchemist
25-03-09, 03:07 PM
Well we're trying! It's hard to find a distributor there though. The one we have no is ok though, they just purchase the last of the MK PS2 actually. We shipped to them earlier this week so you should be ok (unless Webhallen is trying to buy stock from a UK distributor or something...).

Well that sounds good. :D I just hope that webhallen gets both MK versions from you're distributor then. :)

silvertongue
25-03-09, 03:11 PM
I think we used all the Soundtracks in Sweden as an incentive for GAME or EB there (I dont think we ever made it available in the UK for pre-order, I dont have a good memory that far back though lol)

Do you know where i could possibly buy one of these Soul Nomad soundtracks? Do the Koei offices have any for sale? :)

PrismZeo
25-03-09, 03:47 PM
I remember being so very annoyed that I didn't get that cd with my copy too... ended up buying the Japanese version of it in the end

Do you know where i could possibly buy one of these Soul Nomad soundtracks? Do the Koei offices have any for sale? :)
Wish I'd thought of asking that. If they don't you can get it for $20 from rosenqueen (www.rosenqueen.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=150) (you have to pay shipping though)

silvertongue
25-03-09, 03:53 PM
I remember being so very annoyed that I didn't get that cd with my copy too... ended up buying the Japanese version of it in the end

Wish I'd thought of asking that. If they don't you can get it for $20 from rosenqueen (www.rosenqueen.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=150) (you have to pay shipping though)

I've never ordered from Rosenqueen before. Are they quick? Also what are their postage rates like?

PrismZeo
25-03-09, 05:31 PM
Oh... I hope the game arrives a day early like they used to!

I've never ordered from Rosenqueen before. Are they quick? Also what are their postage rates like?

I'm not really sure how quick they usually are, I've only ordered from them once and that was a preorder item. They use UPS for shipping, I think the rates vary but it tells you just before you confirm payment

silvertongue
26-03-09, 10:27 AM
Well mine has just been delivered by the postie. I'm very surprised that there isn't a Koei mention on the box though. Well on the outside anyway as i haven't opened it yet!

Leady FF ^^
26-03-09, 12:43 PM
It's because NISE is the publisher, we only sold it to the shops this time ^^

PrismZeo
26-03-09, 12:47 PM
Well mine has just been delivered by the postie. I'm very surprised that there isn't a Koei mention on the box though. Well on the outside anyway as i haven't opened it yet!

Mine came today too. I ended up having to go to the royal mail sorting office to collect it though, because GAME strangely decided to put in a large cardboard packet instead of the usual padded envelope. Which meant it couldn't fit the letterbox...

The no mention of koei thing is kinda odd, its not even in the small text. Is NIS Europe part of koei then? Also strange is NIS Europe contact address is in USA (okay not that strange, but still...)

ManaAlchemist
26-03-09, 02:24 PM
As far as I've understood NIS Europe seems to be a branch out of NIS America that cooperates with Koei and Square-Enix as distributors to get a steady foothold here or something like that. It's what seems most logical to me at least.

silvertongue
26-03-09, 03:34 PM
It's because NISE is the publisher, we only sold it to the shops this time ^^

That explains it :)

Mine came today too. I ended up having to go to the royal mail sorting office to collect it though, because GAME strangely decided to put in a large cardboard packet instead of the usual padded envelope. Which meant it couldn't fit the letterbox...

The no mention of koei thing is kinda odd, its not even in the small text. Is NIS Europe part of koei then? Also strange is NIS Europe contact address is in USA (okay not that strange, but still...)

That's exactly how mine came, luckily i was in!

As far as I've understood NIS Europe seems to be a branch out of NIS America that cooperates with Koei and Square-Enix as distributors to get a steady foothold here or something like that. It's what seems most logical to me at least.

It seems to be working and we're getting the games in PAL regions which is good!

Onislash
26-03-09, 04:17 PM
Its always good too see "niche" rpgs out in Europe. Hopefully this game (Mana Khemia) comes to Australia sometime.

Discordia
26-03-09, 06:46 PM
Its always good too see "niche" rpgs out in Europe. Hopefully this game (Mana Khemia) comes to Australia sometime.

It isn't. The only way we'll see it here if the shops import it from the UK

Onislash
26-03-09, 06:52 PM
Heh, Not likely where I live. Off to ebay, I guess.

silvertongue
26-03-09, 06:59 PM
Have you tried ordering from GAME or PLAY or is the postage really expensive? I know it's free to the UK but i have no idea about wordwide.

Look on the bright side at least it's getting a PAL release so you will be able to play it.

Ranger Ryu
26-03-09, 08:11 PM
to get a game shipped to Australia via GAME's site will cost £4.95 according to your deviliery pricing help.

silvertongue
26-03-09, 09:03 PM
Yep i just checked. So £30 isn't bad for delivery and the game :)
I suppose if you get charged by customs though it's gonna bump the price up!

ManaAlchemist
27-03-09, 05:00 AM
Damn it seems i won't be getting the game today since not even one store here in sweden seems to have it in stock which means that i'll probably become really grumpy this weekend. :( Unless they get it during the day though which i really hope they do.

Discordia
27-03-09, 08:53 AM
to get a game shipped to Australia via GAME's site will cost £4.95 according to your deviliery pricing help.

Point being, we shouldn't have to order it through the UK though.

Onislash
27-03-09, 09:48 AM
Found it on ebay and got it for around $50. Hopefully people buy enough Mana Khemia copies to encourage NISE to go more places. Atelier Iris 2-3 did make it to Australia so I am guessing enough people were interested in Atelier Iris 1-2.

Leady FF ^^
27-03-09, 02:44 PM
Damn it seems i won't be getting the game today since not even one store here in sweden seems to have it in stock which means that i'll probably become really grumpy this weekend. Unless they get it during the day though which i really hope they do.

I can ask the distributor for a list of places they sold to if you want? (I think it's mainly just e-retailers).

Leady FF ^^
27-03-09, 02:49 PM
Is webhallen the website that also has a retail store (where you can collect stuff?). I visited there when I came to Stockholm I think.

EDIT: I just called the distributor and asked them the best place for you to buy it that will definately have it stocked. They said http://www.discshop.se/shop/index.php

Hope that help, please let me know how it goes I am interested.

ManaAlchemist
27-03-09, 03:12 PM
Is webhallen the website that also has a retail store (where you can collect stuff?). I visited there when I came to Stockholm I think.

EDIT: I just called the distributor and asked them the best place for you to buy it that will definately have it stocked. They said http://www.discshop.se/shop/index.php

Hope that help, please let me know how it goes I am interested.

Yeah that's webhallen. And thanks for checking that but unfortunately discshop is an online store and i'd prefer to go and fetch the game directly in a retail store. And well even if i order from discshop now they have changed it's date to first april so webhallen probably will be able to get it before them (since they have one copy of MK PSP in one of their 3 stores, which i would have gone and bought if i just could have gotten home from there too which would have been impossible since my bus/train card doesn't work on evenings) and if not i'll guess i'll just have to wait.

Leady FF ^^
27-03-09, 03:51 PM
Damn, sorry for this man. We have to improve our distribution in Nordic!

ManaAlchemist
27-03-09, 04:16 PM
That would be great if you guys were to do it in the future. :) Well at least the MK PS2 version coming with the soundtrack makes up for it being a few days late for me. And even if it's not always possible for you guys to get the games out everywhere at the set date, i still prefer you over many other distributors just because you guys are much nicer than some other distributors. :D

silvertongue
27-03-09, 06:50 PM
i still prefer you over many other distributors just because you guys are much nicer than some other distributors. :D

I agree 100% with that! Have you ever tried to email 505 Games and get a reply? It doesn't happen, never has with me. Maybe i just have a real big grudge against them, lol!

ManaAlchemist
27-03-09, 07:24 PM
I agree 100% with that! Have you ever tried to email 505 Games and get a reply? It doesn't happen, never has with me. Maybe i just have a real big grudge against them, lol!

I actually have tried that several times, and it's just as you said, they won't reply. And it's really easy to hold a grudge against them when they do that and also because they don't release games everywhere in Europe. They should really try to be more like Koei. :)

silvertongue
29-03-09, 05:37 PM
Hey PrismZeo,

are you playing Mana Khemia on PS2 or via PS3?
I've just tried it today on my PS3 and it won't play. I've tried both 50hz and 60hz but the screen just goes blank after i've selected. Even if i just click on start game it just goes to a blank screen.

:(

PrismZeo
29-03-09, 07:22 PM
Hey PrismZeo,

are you playing Mana Khemia on PS2 or via PS3?
I've just tried it today on my PS3 and it won't play. I've tried both 50hz and 60hz but the screen just goes blank after i've selected. Even if i just click on start game it just goes to a blank screen.

:(

I use a ps2 and my copy works fine in both modes, so its probably a ps3 compatibility problem you having. Is it every ps2 game doing that to you now or just that one?

silvertongue
29-03-09, 08:19 PM
I use a ps2 and my copy works fine in both modes, so its probably a ps3 compatibility problem you having. Is it every ps2 game doing that to you now or just that one?

It's the only PS2 game that i really have a problem with on my PS3 apart from Shadow Hearts From The New World. I can play them on my PS2 so it's not a problem, it's just that i prefer playing them on my PS3 if i can.

Thanks for letting me know :)

Leady FF ^^
29-03-09, 08:31 PM
That would be great if you guys were to do it in the future.

Ill try! It's hard job though. First time I'm in Nordic in '06 none of the local distributors want our products lol. Lucky we have one now that does its best for us (even if its not the biggest company in Nordic!). I hope you will see a slow but good improvemennt from us.

ManaAlchemist
30-03-09, 05:53 AM
Ill try! It's hard job though.

Nice! :D

First time I'm in Nordic in '06 none of the local distributors want our products lol.

That's sad but i guess it's to be expected when most people only seem to care about mainstream games and such.

Lucky we have one now that does its best for us (even if its not the biggest company in Nordic!). I hope you will see a slow but good improvemennt from us.

Yeah i'll hope for your success with that. :D But for some reason this stuff gets me somewhat interested in maybe trying to open some kind of Nordic distributor for games here in sweden that could help companies like Koei. :D

Leady FF ^^
30-03-09, 03:11 PM
Yeah i'll hope for your success with that. But for some reason this stuff gets me somewhat interested in maybe trying to open some kind of Nordic distributor for games here in sweden that could help companies like Koei.

Would be awesome. From what I understand the retailers have a very strong negotiation position in Nordic so it is hard for distributors and publishers to be profitable.

silvertongue
30-03-09, 04:54 PM
Hey Leady,
i know Mana Khemia PS2 only came out on Friday but any idea how well it actually did on pre-orders and sales?

I'm just curious :)

pbf87
30-03-09, 10:01 PM
PS2 edition made it to the UK Top20 sellers on PS2 last week
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110006
- 11 MANA KHEMIA: ALCHEMISTS OF AL-REVIS GUST KOEI KOEI

It didn't make it to the PSP Top, but thats only a Top10:
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110026

Hopefully both did fine :)

Ranger Ryu
31-03-09, 12:19 AM
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110006

It didn't make it to the PSP Top, but thats only a Top10:
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110026

Hopefully both did fine :)

er there's not exactly that many PS2 games left so yeah :P

Onislash
31-03-09, 03:08 AM
Sure, but I doubt it is out of 25 games.

ManaAlchemist
31-03-09, 03:49 PM
It's kinda sad seeing games like Mana Khemia that low while games like Ben 10 lies at the top. :( Well finally webhallen got my MK PSP game so i went and got it just a moment ago but strangely they haven't gotten my PS2 game yet, so i'm getting kinda worried that it'll take over a week to come, and if it comes earlier i'm worried that it might not come with the soundtrack and such. Oh well i'll just keep hoping for the best.

Leady FF ^^
31-03-09, 04:28 PM
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.j....jsp&ct=110006

I think it beat Rock Band 2 and the new Buzz right! lol. Go Mana Khemia!

silvertongue
31-03-09, 06:07 PM
Is the psp version nay different from the PS2 version?

ManaAlchemist
31-03-09, 07:10 PM
Well since i don't have the PS2 version yet (:() i can't say much about but it apparently has more stuff in it like a multiplayer mode. And of course it's not as good looking as the PS2 version and it doesn't have the Japanese voices.

PrismZeo
31-03-09, 08:14 PM
Is the psp version nay different from the PS2 version?

Pretty much what Twilight said, psp version looks blurry compared to ps2 version and the ingame text hasn't been changed to an easily read size either. Also you'll notice that main characters don't have voices for their normal attacks.

The loading screens in the psp one last longer, but they are much nicer looking though!

silvertongue
31-03-09, 08:46 PM
Pretty much what Twilight said, psp version looks blurry compared to ps2 version and the ingame text hasn't been changed to an easily read size either. Also you'll notice that main characters don't have voices for their normal attacks.

The loading screens in the psp one last longer, but they are much nicer looking though!

I've decided to treat myself to a psp when Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce comes out and was thinking about what other games to get. I think i'll stick with Mana Khemia for the PS2.

What psp games would you recommend?

ManaAlchemist
01-04-09, 05:25 AM
Some I'd recommend (that is if you can get ahold of them) are Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, Breath of Fire III, Tales of Eternia and Gundam Seed: Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T. Portable (import from japan). Also Shin Megami Tensei: Persona might be interesting when it comes out in english.

silvertongue
01-04-09, 08:41 AM
Some I'd recommend (that is if you can get ahold of them) are Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, Breath of Fire III, Tales of Eternia and Gundam Seed: Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T. Portable (import from japan). Also Shin Megami Tensei: Persona might be interesting when it comes out in english.

I'll check these out thank you. As for Persona that will be a definite for me :)

ManaAlchemist
02-04-09, 02:29 PM
Now I'm really happy! :D I finally got Mana Khemia PS2 today. :)

Leady FF ^^
02-04-09, 09:34 PM
Now I'm really happy! I finally got Mana Khemia PS2 today.

good news! i think that's MK wrapped up....

...now onto the next NIS one ^^

silvertongue
03-04-09, 06:25 PM
Oops, don't know what i've done. Sorry :)

silvertongue
03-04-09, 06:28 PM
good news! i think that's MK wrapped up....

...now onto the next NIS one ^^

May i suggest Ar Tonelico 2 Melody Of Metafallica?

I've just complete the American version, very very good game. Although there is a really really terrible inexcusable glitch on the sub boss in the final dungeon!

Picture this, you've almost completed the game with only 2 bosses to go and slogged out 45 hours of your life only to have the game freeze on you everytime on the sub boss' fourth phase! I can't believe the game got through Q&A, it's a real bad serious error.
I really wanted to throw it through the window. However i refrained and did some research on it.
I checked the boards on Gamefaq forum and posted a request and this is the reply i got:

"It's a glitch that only happens in the American localization of the game.

You have to kill (or at least inflict 40k damage to) Rhaki before your third defense phase in order to stop her from trying to use an attack called "Fractal Change". For some reason, it does something with the PS2 that causes the system to freeze.

Assuming you aren't using a cheat device/modded ps2, you have 2 options:

Use the "blue magic glitch" which involves telling your characters to attack, then immediately open up the song magic menu and switch to another blue (healing/support) magic. Doing this stops your Attack Phase timer and keeps you from wasting time while your vanguards jump back to the front lines. You should be able to keep doing this, giving you a larger amount of time for each of the 3 attack phases you'll get.

I say 3 because that's the most you can get. Rhaki is guaranteed to use Fractal Change on the third defense phase unless you can wipe out at least half of her HP before then. I personally managed to kill her entirely before then by having Amarie use her ability to make you always crit."

Anyway after i got his/her reply I went back to try again and voila I finally did it then completed the game.

You should see about getting Ar Tonelico Melody Of Elemia and Ar Tonelico 2 Melody Of Metafallica released in the UK as a double box set or something. The only problem is (besides costs and i'm sure there'll be more) is that 505 Games had the rights to the first one in Europe (although it didn't reach the UK) so that could/would cause a problem.

If you/Koei did manage to get Ar Tonelico 2 released in the UK please make sure they sort that glitch out before i gets released though.

That's my 2 bobs worth :)

Now I'm really happy! :D I finally got Mana Khemia PS2 today. :)

That's great news. Hope you enjoy it! :)

ManaAlchemist
03-04-09, 07:47 PM
You should see about getting Ar Tonelico Melody Of Elemia and Ar Tonelico 2 Melody Of Metafallica released in the UK as a double box set or something. The only problem is (besides costs and i'm sure there'll be more) is that 505 Games had the rights to the first one in Europe (although it didn't reach the UK) so that could/would cause a problem.

It would truly be one of the best things ever if that could happen :D, though with 505 behind the first game i guess it's very unlikely. But i guess that the second game could at least be saved. :)

That's great news. Hope you enjoy it!

Oh yeah I'm really loving it, even more than I've loved a game in a few years now even though I'm not that far in to it. :D

But anyways another good NIS/GUST game that would be nice to see is Mana Khemia 2 :D Though i guess that might take a year or 2 for it to come here if it ever will.

Leady FF ^^
03-04-09, 10:31 PM
But i guess that the second game could at least be saved.

Let's hope so:cool:

silvertongue
03-04-09, 11:34 PM

That sounds promising! Let's hope they sort the glitch out if and when they do the conversion!

Onislash
04-04-09, 02:37 AM
May i suggest Ar Tonelico 2 Melody Of Metafallica?

You have to kill (or at least inflict 40k damage to) Rhaki before your third defense phase in order to stop her from trying to use an attack called "Fractal Change". For some reason, it does something with the PS2 that causes the system to freeze.

40K? Damn, I guess you hit harder on Ar Tonelico 2 than 1.

Yes, Lets. :D

silvertongue
04-04-09, 10:17 AM
40K? Damn, I guess you hit harder on Ar Tonelico 2 than 1.

You get to inflict some serious damage!

Arten Morningstarr
09-06-09, 05:55 AM
I was thinking about getting Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis, but I'd like to know what some of you think of the game first...

ManaAlchemist
09-06-09, 06:13 AM
I really love the game because it has so many great characters, much stuff to do, a somewhat good story and a Alchemy system that i love. Though i'm a real GUST fanboy so that's probably why i love it so much (but even if i wasn't a GUST fanboy, I'd probably like the game).

Arten Morningstarr
11-06-09, 06:01 AM
I'll probably end up buying it next week, in the mean time I guess I'll keep busy with other RPG's ^^

silvertongue
11-06-09, 07:52 AM
I'll probably end up buying it next week, in the mean time I guess I'll keep busy with other RPG's ^^

You should defo get it. There's tons to do with tthe main story and the jobs. Also the alchemy side of it is very good too. Play around with your recipe cards and you'll find there is always something new to create.
Also the characters are all very likeable, Nikki actually cracks me up :)

Anso
12-06-09, 01:00 AM
Hopefully this game is still avaliable for order. Webhallen lists it as something they need to order from the distributor but I laid down an order anyway.

Had no idea it came with the soundtrack! Hopefully they are still in stock and still come with the soundtrack. I'm a rabid VGM collector so when I lurked through this thread I pretty much cried tears of joy :D

<3 you Koei

Arten Morningstarr
20-06-09, 09:10 AM
I finally got it on Thursday ^^ and I love it :D although the back tracking and remembering where I found every ingredient can be alittle annoying... but the irony is I turned on my TV this morning and nothing... my TV is dead :(

So, I'm sat here just listening to the soundtrack it's currently on track 8 Whistling Girl