PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea 3

Black_Dragon
12-04-11, 09:02 PM
Well i couldnt find anything direct to this so D3
How far is everyone and how strong are you guys ;)
I'll give a few examples first
Adell
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Games/vlcsnap-2011-04-04-12h49m59s162.png
Rozalin
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Games/vlcsnap-2011-04-04-12h50m25s160.png
Mao
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Games/vlcsnap-2011-04-04-12h48m46s96.png
Etna
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Games/vlcsnap-2011-04-04-12h51m21s233.png
Cough cough Salvatore *cough*
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Games/vlcsnap-2011-04-04-12h49m49s76.png

Zalwis
13-04-11, 12:03 PM
I've had Disgaea 3 sitting on top of my pile of games since I got my PS3 a few weeks ago but I've still yet to start playing it due to being busy playing other stuff. I really should get around to playing it soon what with Disgaea 4 coming out soon.. bah, there really needs to be more hours in the day.

Black_Dragon
15-04-11, 10:26 AM
I've had Disgaea 3 sitting on top of my pile of games since I got my PS3 a few weeks ago but I've still yet to start playing it due to being busy playing other stuff. I really should get around to playing it soon what with Disgaea 4 coming out soon.. bah, there really needs to be more hours in the day.

lol yeah but 24 hours ought to be enough though it shouldn't take that long to finish D3 but it'll take about 100h if you want to platinum it :)

Emerald Emblem
15-04-11, 12:08 PM
Should I only re-incarnate when I finish the game?

Zalwis
15-04-11, 05:34 PM
Decided to play it for an hour last night but ended up being welcomed to a 600MB patch. D: Any tips for equipment setups, levelling up etc? Keep in mind I'm a complete Disgaea newbie.

Black_Dragon
15-04-11, 09:20 PM
Should I only re-incarnate when I finish the game?
Yeah wait till you're on the post game till you start reincarnate cause you'll be doing it a lot ;)

Decided to play it for an hour last night but ended up being welcomed to a 600MB patch. D: Any tips for equipment setups, levelling up etc? Keep in mind I'm a complete Disgaea newbie.
lol but the trophy patch is what makes it tough :) oh well level up on that tutorial level with the 4 prinnys then (level up mao and a few others accordingly keep him to a sword for now) thats what i did use that then when you get that zombie all standing in a row level that'll be the next level grinding stage keep a healer and a mage in you party maybe a fist fighter too use the item world to your advantage to level up the seal item when you get one man using the ps3 browser is hard :(

Celedin
15-04-11, 09:36 PM
Wow... What's your playtime Black_Dragon? Your dedication to NISA games is both scary and seriously impressive! XD

Black_Dragon
17-04-11, 09:07 AM
Wow... What's your playtime Black_Dragon? Your dedication to NISA games is both scary and seriously impressive! XD

I know ;) its now 125 hours plus more to come its roughly the same as my D2 data now but thats at 231 hours so far D1 is only 40h sadly :(

silvertongue
17-04-11, 10:14 AM
The only Disgaea game I have finished is Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days and that was just the main story and Axel's story. I haven't touched the post game stuff yet. Too many games and not enough time, lol! I wish there were more hours in the day!

Yeah wait till you're on the post game till you start reincarnate cause you'll be doingit a lot ;)

lol but the trophy patch is what makes it tough :) oh well level up on that tutorial level with the 4 prinnys then (level up mao and a few others accordingly keep him to a sword for now) thats what i did use that then when you get that zombie all standing in a row level that'll be the next level grinding stage keep a healer and a mage in you party maybe a fist fighter too use the item world to your advantage to level up the seal item when you get one man using the ps3 browser is hard :(

Thanks for those tips! I'll definitely use them. I think I'm going to be restarting D3 though since it's ages since I started it. Don't think I've got that much play time on it either so it won't be much of a problem.

Black_Dragon
24-11-12, 05:26 PM
Oh yeah no1 in the advanced rankings
now just the moderate ranking left
hmm its still weird why rutile can use a weapon and beryl cant...

Black_Dragon
15-12-12, 05:24 PM
Moderate survival done and a better advance score as well :)
.... hmm i think maybe.... ill leave the beginner boards

silvertongue
15-01-13, 10:06 AM
So I just started playing Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention and wondered if it's correct that all the DLC that's on PSN is included with this version?

PrismZeo
15-01-13, 11:36 AM
So I just started playing Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention and wondered if it's correct that all the DLC that's on PSN is included with this version?

Certainly seems so from what I've played, the DLC characters, Raspberyl Mode and other extras have been available to me after the main story

silvertongue
15-01-13, 12:23 PM
Certainly seems so from what I've played, the DLC characters, Raspberyl Mode and other extras have been available to me after the main story

Ah cool, thanks for the info. That's good now I don't need to bother with the PS3 version. Funny thing is I've never finished a console Disgaea, I only seem to really enjoy them and finish them on a handheld. Me=weird, lol. :)

Private Prinny
16-01-13, 11:36 AM
Not necessarily....I played Disgaea 1 on my PS2 and clocked in over 400 hours....that was in my tween years where time management was not an issue.

Now with working and commuting I sure am glad to play Disgaea 2 and Disgaea 3 on the bus or train. Disgaea games (or generally TRPGs) are perfect for short bursts of activity...especially when they involve grind (half an hour grind on bus? great spent time - half an hour grind after dinner? not so)

And I didn't even play Disgaea 3 on PS3....wasted a lot of Money for the DLC...which is now on the VITA..but its Disgaea...so I do nopt mind the spent money to much...

PrismZeo
16-01-13, 01:52 PM
Funny thing is I've never finished a console Disgaea, I only seem to really enjoy them and finish them on a handheld. Me=weird, lol. :)

I dont find that weird at all, I greatly prefer the portable versions since it frees up use of the tv so I can watch films while level grinding and theres also the reasons Private Prinny mentioned too (btw Welcome back PP!)

Private Prinny
16-01-13, 05:08 PM
@ PrismZeo
Thanks for the welcome....someone still remembering me...awesome...

Have to apologize for my long hiatus....well for three years it was Me 1 : 0 Forums...now it is back to 1:1 :-)

As my Vita is still sealed...(got it via christmals lightning deals on amazon.de (will play D3 after I finish my current D2 PSP run (currently Chapter 12 (of 13)) and finishing Axel mode how long is Battery Live with playing Disgaea 3 on Vita? Is the battery enough for true portable gaming or is it a problem?
Internet opinions vary...but i do not download, browse internet, multitask etc. with my portable consoles (that is a smartphone's job)..so how long can I play D3 on the go approx.?

PrismZeo
16-01-13, 06:51 PM
Is the battery enough for true portable gaming or is it a problem?

So far I've found psvita's battery lasts around 3~4hrs of nonstop playing (with Disgaea 3 at least) but it will also last longer if you deactivate the wifi/3g functions in the PSVita settings menu so that its not constantly sapping the power.

Private Prinny
18-01-13, 01:49 PM
but it will also last longer if you deactivate the wifi/3g functions in the PSVita settings menu so that its not constantly sapping the power.

Thats a no-brainer :-)
Ok 3-4 hrs are borderline short but oh well...I am about to finish D2 today (sans Axel Mode) how long is D3 if I only go for main story....and NOT reincarnation/item world crazy?

PrismZeo
18-01-13, 09:48 PM
how long is D3 if I only go for main story....and NOT reincarnation/item world crazy?

I wish I could answer that but unfortunately I am one of those people that go reincarnation/item world crazy. It should last quite a while though, I think there's about 7 chapters and I remember some of the levels took quite a bit of time to complete due to their huge size & geo effects compared to Disgaea 1 & 2

ManaAlchemist
18-01-13, 11:01 PM
Thats a no-brainer :-)
Ok 3-4 hrs are borderline short but oh well...I am about to finish D2 today (sans Axel Mode) how long is D3 if I only go for main story....and NOT reincarnation/item world crazy?

I usually just go with the main story first before doing all the other stuff, and if i remember right, I think the story in Disgaea 3 (though on PS3) took me around maybe 40-50 hours from start? I'm not certain about this though, as it was a long time ago, so don't take my word for it.

And I haven't gotten Vita version yet, so I don't know if the story is completely the same. Kinda undecided if I should get it or not, as it'll probably feel like a step backwards from Disgaea 4. So can anyone who's played the Vita version answer, is there a lot of new stuff in the game (except for the PS3 DLC stuff)? I know there's some new characters in it, but I don't know if there's more than that.