PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

Celedin
13-04-11, 02:20 PM
While the last press release only said "Autumn" for the EU release, the NISA website says "October (http://www.nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=g&euro=y&cat=a)" so the wait won't be too long!

Also seems that NISA is going all out for Disgaea 4 with news of the game's LE went out in their last Prinny Bomb (http://www.nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=n&article=pbomb/PrinnyBomb_Vol136.html).

http://i.imgur.com/qmgzx.jpg

I wish we would get the Fuka figurine here too...

Zalwis
13-04-11, 04:03 PM
Assuming it's roughly priced the same as the AT3 calendar set then you could always just order from the NIS store. Paying 50 for a premium edition isn't half bad considering some games expect 60-100. I'll be curious to see what we end up with though.

Celedin
13-04-11, 04:57 PM
I know, but if a game has DLC then I like to keep things consistant and only use my main PSN account to buy things with. I don't really want to start having paid content between different accounts and also I've forgotten the email and password for my US account... XD

Emerald Emblem
13-04-11, 05:55 PM
I hate being European when these kinds of LE/SE's come out in Japan and the States.

Zalwis
13-04-11, 06:05 PM
I know, but if a game has DLC then I like to keep things consistant and only use my main PSN account to buy things with. I don't really want to start having paid content between different accounts and also I've forgotten the email and password for my US account... XD

Huh, you can't download EU DLC for a NA copy of the game? I thought it didn't matter since the games are region free?

Celedin
13-04-11, 07:04 PM
I hate being European when these kinds of LE/SE's come out in Japan and the States.

Haha, yeah. I would have a ton of all those cool NISA Store bonuses~

Huh, you can't download EU DLC for a NA copy of the game? I thought it didn't matter since the games are region free?

Well I've never done it myself but I'm fairly certain that the DLC is region specific - for example, when in the store, it might say "This content will only with [code]" and that normally means there's a UK version and a EU version.

Zalwis
13-04-11, 08:12 PM
Well I've never done it myself but I'm fairly certain that the DLC is region specific - for example, when in the store, it might say "This content will only with [code]" and that normally means there's a UK version and a EU version.

Well I know there's different regions for the accounts similar to Xbox Live but I assumed the DLC worked regardless of which version you own. I could be wrong though as I haven't even made a PSN account yet out of sheer laziness. :D I own the NA version of AT3 though so perhaps I'll check later.

Celedin
13-04-11, 10:54 PM
Well I know there's different regions for the accounts similar to Xbox Live but I assumed the DLC worked regardless of which version you own. I could be wrong though as I haven't even made a PSN account yet out of sheer laziness. :D I own the NA version of AT3 though so perhaps I'll check later.

Well I think the 'issue' (I think ;p) is that when NISA is releasing the games and its DLC, they have to go through both SCEA and SCEE and their processes and standards are separate unlike with Microsoft where there's just the one process for all regions. The end products will be classified as 'different' even though they're probably the same.

Zalwis
14-04-11, 07:14 PM
Well it's recognising my EU AT3 and NA AT3 as two different games despite both sharing the same trophy data so I guess the DLC would be separated as you say. Not all that big of a deal since you can download via an American PSN and it'll be there for your EU tag (Or so I've read on various sites) but it's still rather annoying I'll admit. :/

Black_Dragon
15-04-11, 10:21 AM
oh i was planning on making this thread later but got beat hopefully ... maybe just maybe europe will get a limited or some kind of unique pre order bonus

silvertongue
17-04-11, 10:23 AM
I have a feeling the game will come with a soundtrack cd then a pre-oreder artbook which will be soft back like the Hyperdimension Neptunia and AT3 ones. Time will tell!

Zalwis
17-04-11, 02:47 PM
You could always email NISA and see what they say. Considering Neptunia artbooks sold out within a few days and such there's definately people interested in these things so I guess it can't hurt to ask.

support@nisamerica.com

Black_Dragon
21-04-11, 10:35 AM
Well we may get our hands on the super premuim edition if demand was high enough here at least thats waht nis-a said but if not then...... Import time ;)

Zalwis
21-04-11, 11:37 AM
Well there's just one issue.. I got an email from NISA that they've received far too much interest in the figurine version of Disgaea 4 and that they're now supplying a normal copy, a premium copy (doesn't include the 9 figures, does include the Fuka nendoroid/figure) and a figure copy (contains everything including the 9 figures). The fact that there's far too much demand for such a thing would probably mean that we would likely not get to see it over here so you may need to import when they're available from the NISA store if you're wanting some of the goodies. At least the premium copy of the game is pretty cheap - with delivery you could get it for about 40 which isn't half bad.

Celedin
21-04-11, 02:23 PM
Seems the Fuka figure included with the US premium edition isn't the nendoroid petit that Japan got...

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/20/take-a-look-at-the-fuka-figurine-inside-nis-americas-disgaea-4-premium-edition/

Emerald Emblem
21-04-11, 02:59 PM
Seems the Fuka figure included with the US premium edition isn't the nendoroid petit that Japan got...

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/20/take-a-look-at-the-fuka-figurine-inside-nis-americas-disgaea-4-premium-edition/
I won't be getting it but still, compared to the Japan figure it's positively ugly looking.

Celedin
21-04-11, 04:49 PM
Well it's hard to beat Good Smile quality!

Black_Dragon
24-04-11, 08:52 AM
but still getting the figurines would be a must for a disgaea fanatic like me though but theres always one problem or several that need to be adressed :|

Zalwis
24-04-11, 04:40 PM
After seeing the images of them they do look rather.. low quality. I think I may just stick with a normal premium copy myself as I can't really justify the extra money on figures I don't really want. I wish they'd give you the option of which single figure you wanted with the premium edition though as that would keep most people happy.

Black_Dragon
25-04-11, 11:27 AM
After seeing the images of them they do look rather.. low quality. I think I may just stick with a normal premium copy myself as I can't really justify the extra money on figures I don't really want. I wish they'd give you the option of which single figure you wanted with the premium edition though as that would keep most people happy.

They dont look ....... too bad but i suppose the fuka figuire was the one jp got so its only fair we get it too but i still want all those figuires just for the heck of it but i wonder will the ost be better than D3 cause after listening to a few ... am not to sure

Emerald Emblem
25-04-11, 05:47 PM
They dont look ....... too bad but i suppose the fuka figuire was the one jp got so its only fair we get it too but i still want all those figuires just for the heck of it but i wonder will the ost be better than D3 cause after listening to a few ... am not to sure

http://www.gamingunion.net/newsimages/colin/take-a-look-at-the-disgaea-4-complete-figure-set-all-9-figures-revealed.jpg
Left one is in the Japanese Special editions figure, right one is the American one.

Zalwis
26-04-11, 01:32 AM
The nendoroid is so much better, such a shame.

Black_Dragon
26-04-11, 08:58 AM
The nendoroid is so much better, such a shame.

Heh i guess the nendroid is better in poise and quality oh well.

I was hoping it would be better .... *sigh* anyway thanks for the pic Emerald

EDIT:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI_1GFokofg&feature=related Awesome 4 secs of disgaea 4

Rosalyn
23-09-11, 09:22 PM
My import arrived the other day (Fuka & art book edition). We're not missing out here when it comes to the extras, trust me. The art book is pretty poor, very short and just not terribly impressive overall.

As for the figure...felt it wasn't quite as bad in reality as in the pictures I had seen, but it's still pretty poor. The box is nice though.... :p

Good game. Naturally.

Zalwis
25-09-11, 07:18 AM
My import arrived the other day (Fuka & art book edition). We're not missing out here when it comes to the extras, trust me. The art book is pretty poor, very short and just not terribly impressive overall.

As for the figure...felt it wasn't quite as bad in reality as in the pictures I had seen, but it's still pretty poor. The box is nice though.... :p.

Well it's nice to see that my first NISA game that I didn't import was justified. At least you get the game over a month early. :)

Emerald Emblem
25-09-11, 04:10 PM
Can i just say the DLC this game is getting is raising hype through the roof! The new medic class for example is a class created by burning eyes Shana's illustrator Noizi Ito, seems she shares an attack with Shana herself too.

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/dlct6_04_thumb.jpg

Rosalyn
25-09-11, 05:52 PM
Oooo, what DLC is that? Looks so awesome. I wan it just for the wings. >///<

Emerald Emblem
25-09-11, 05:57 PM
Oooo, what DLC is that? Looks so awesome. I wan it just for the wings. >///<
It's the Orderly/Medic class. It's some of Japan's latest DLC along with a new Necromancer class:
http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/dlct6_05.jpg

And Lord Zetta's daughter:
http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/dlct6_00.jpg

Rosalyn
25-09-11, 06:00 PM
I see. Thank you. :) Might get it. It does look cool.

PrismZeo
20-10-11, 12:02 PM
It seems the preorder bonus at GAME this time is the free artbook

http://www.game.co.uk/en/disgaea-4-a-promise-unforgotten-147828

I was kinda hoping for a disgaea 4 music cd, but an artbook is nice too.

Celedin
20-10-11, 01:42 PM
Let's hope these ones actually arrive from GAME with our games this time : P

Emerald Emblem
22-10-11, 08:47 AM
Not bothered about the artbook this time to be honest. I just wants the game with there being so much to buy and already splashing out of Blazblue CS2 manga edition.

Black_Dragon
22-10-11, 03:45 PM
ITEM GET!
pre ordered right away
but still a few weeks to for it :I

Celedin
23-10-11, 07:51 PM
Leady mentioned on Twitter that some retailers will be getting the Fuka trading figurine as a preorder bonus ; )

Not bothered about the artbook this time to be honest. I just wants the game with there being so much to buy and already splashing out of Blazblue CS2 manga edition.

Yeah, this November is overkill with all the new releases : (

Emerald Emblem
01-11-11, 06:15 PM
Got my copy today, oh ShopTo how I love you <3, only done the Opening and first tutorial so far but loving every second.

Emerald Emblem
03-11-11, 07:56 AM
Reached Chapter three last night, I'm loving it more and more each time, the classic NIS comedy is alive and well. Something that is kinda annoying is that apart from the Platinum, all the trophies are hidden. nothing a Trophy list can't help with but still annoying.

Celedin
03-11-11, 04:01 PM
Mine hasn't even been dispatched yet :' (

Emerald Emblem
03-11-11, 05:08 PM
Where'd you order from?

Celedin
03-11-11, 05:47 PM
GAME, and I just got the dispatch notice in the last hour. Doubt it'll come for tomorrow now but luckily I still have Uncharted 3 to play! >D

Have you tried any of the online stuff, Emerald_Emblem?

Emerald Emblem
03-11-11, 06:09 PM
Well not completely, I have set up a senator for the meetings and one for summoning in battles, seems as though no-one got my senator to say 'Aye' yet. lol

I accidentally got into a fight in the item world with a level 800 monster, I toook a punt and summoned another players senator, it was...A level 47 Desco, what was worse was the Item world Catsaber annihilated her. Only lost a hours worth of levelling though, still annoyed me.

PrismZeo
03-11-11, 10:09 PM
Got my copy today, oh ShopTo how I love you <3, only done the Opening and first tutorial so far but loving every second.

You got your copy that early? Shopto really are the best lately, they sent me legend of heroes on psp four days early last time I placed an order with them...I would've ordered Disgaea 4 from them this time also if I hadn't wanted to use up the 8 of reward points I had with GAME.

GAME only just sent my dispatch notice a few hours ago too, so its not looking good for getting it Friday... I really hope I don't have to call them up about the the book this time either

Celedin
03-11-11, 11:23 PM
Yeah, the pre-order bonuses and the reward card points are the only reason I stick with GAME for things these days.

Celedin
04-11-11, 12:46 PM
My Disgaea 4 arrived today amazingly, but no artbook : O

Faker
04-11-11, 03:48 PM

Same here, I've sent off an annoyed email to GAME about it, seeing as it was still advertised on their site a good 5+ days after I ordered so it's false advertising more than stock problems at that point, but knowing them wont get a reply...

PrismZeo
04-11-11, 04:08 PM

Same here.... its almost like they want people to phone up and complain about missing preorder bonuses. I should have saved a picture of that Disgaea 4 page because I swear it said the artbook should come at the same time. They've not been as good since their site redesign it seems

Ignoring all that bother Disgaea 4 seems like a really fun game so far, shame I can't really play it this weekend without somehow taking my heavy ps3 with me as I visit family.

Celedin
04-11-11, 06:50 PM
It's a shame really, their website and service was always decent before the redesign. At least they got the game to us on time, even with that late dispatch. Still - would have thought they'd get their act together for Disgaea 4 after Totori or they'll lose customers.

Anyway I've yet to play mine, I just finished Uncharted 3 so taking a break before going in for some grinding XD

Same here, I've sent off an annoyed email to GAME about it, seeing as it was still advertised on their site a good 5+ days after I ordered so it's false advertising more than stock problems at that point, but knowing them wont get a reply...

I got no reply when I asked about Totori before, you'd think that would be all it takes if they've got your order number and whatever. Try either getting in contact with Insp. Chin or phoning up GAME.

ManaAlchemist
06-11-11, 02:15 PM
Seems like the game was delayed here in sweden like most NISA games are. Kinda funny that both Disgaea 2 and 4 were delayed in sweden to 7th november, which is my birthday. :P

Though I'm not certain yet if i'll even pick up D4. It just feels like it'll be the same game as the rest except with a new story, which is getting kinda boring. :(

But some small new features like monster fusion is really making me want to get it anyways. :P

PrismZeo
08-11-11, 02:50 PM
I just phoned up GAME about the artbook and I had to spend about 2 mins trying to convince them that there was even a preorder bonus since they took the info off the game page. Eventually they said they haven't been sent out because they didn't receive enough from the publisher and will be sent out at a later date. I kinda dont believe them but I guess we'll see if its a promise unforgotten..heh

I also tried out some of the online stuff in this game, I don't really get what's going on. so far all the pirate duels have ended up being down to my Valvatorez & Desco versus theirs and whoever gets to move first wins. Also is the online stuff region specific? I have users from the US on my psn friends list that I know have been playing Disgaea 4 but the game finds no data from them. I guess there's a chance none of them uploaded anything, but still....

Black_Dragon
09-11-11, 11:37 AM
Sorry about my delay.Looks like i need to wait a little longer than i thought for D4, the reason being as it went ‘missing’ from royal mail The exact same thing happened around the same time last year with rorona. man what a pain in the ass.
but at least totori should be on its way, i'll catch up to you guys soon on both games.

silvertongue
09-11-11, 04:58 PM
I haven't bought it yet. So many games have come out lately plus with DW7XL just around the corner I've decided to hold off for a change. As for GAME, I have to say their customer service has gone shocking. Shopto all the way for me now. They always get your games to you pretty much early and their customer service has always been great for me.

Emerald Emblem
09-11-11, 08:24 PM
We say that, but the pre-order artbooks will always bring us back if we care enough about the games artwork.

silvertongue
10-11-11, 09:39 AM
We say that, but the pre-order artbooks will always bring us back if we care enough about the games artwork.

I guess you're right but when you've got to phone them because you didn't receive the preorder bonus you were meant to receive it gets annoying. I just wish we'd get the premium boxsets like the U.S. do but hey ho.

On an on topic note how is Disgaea 4? Better than the others? More of the same? Any of the old crew made an appearance?

Emerald Emblem
10-11-11, 02:26 PM
It's really more of the same, there are new features but nothing that revolutionary, I have noted you can't link special attacks which baffled me. By returning characters you mean main story characters from previous games, in which case no not so far and I'm near the end of chapter 4. But on the official Disgaea site it says the first games main 3 should appear, whether it be post game story or DLC I don't know. If we get all the DLC I'd be one happy chappy, mainly because of the character done by Shakugan no Shana's artist.

Black_Dragon
13-11-11, 12:21 PM
I haven't bought it yet. So many games have come out lately plus with DW7XL just around the corner I've decided to hold off for a change. As for GAME, I have to say their customer service has gone shocking. Shopto all the way for me now. They always get your games to you pretty much early and their customer service has always been great for me.

I'll keep that in mind for next time but the only reason i shop with them is that i have a reward card with 70 off on it and still adding up. but i guess i just avoid them for now

[QUOTE=Emerald Emblem]

I have three words for just the thing
Clan
of
Champions

Faker
22-11-11, 10:12 AM
Well to knock this topic back up with some good news, I didnt phone GAME again about their strange reply to the artbook missing perdiciment. Yet in the post this morning pops through the preorder artbook, so... congrats GAME your a month late but at least you managed it.

PrismZeo
22-11-11, 01:42 PM
Aw...my online rank dropped from 118 all the way to 189 after not playing for one day. I guess it doesn't matter though since I'm only after gaining more CP rather than rank. Btw if anyone here wants to try out the friend battle feel free to add me, psn name is PrismZeo.

Yet in the post this morning pops through the preorder artbook, so... congrats GAME your a month late but at least you managed it.

My artbook came today too, so yay no more going through the nightmare of calling up GAME. With the cost of the phonecall to them I've probably paid at least 1 for this free artbook....oh well, at least the book itself is decent for what it is.

silvertongue
24-11-11, 03:03 PM
Is anybody by any chance after a Fuka figurine?
You can buy it for 3.99 from here:

http://www.365games.co.uk/gaming-merchandise-figurines/disgaea-4-a-promise-unforgotten-fuka-kazamatsuri-figure

Just ordered mine

:)

Emerald Emblem
24-11-11, 03:05 PM
I might have done, if I didn't find the figurine itself rather fugly, but for 4 you get what you pay for.

silvertongue
24-11-11, 03:05 PM
I might have done, if I didn't find the figurine itself rather fugly, but for 4 you get what you pay for.

well exactly it's something for the collection.

PrismZeo
24-11-11, 06:43 PM
Is anybody by any chance after a Fuka figurine?
You can buy it for 3.99 from here:

http://www.365games.co.uk/gaming-merchandise-figurines/disgaea-4-a-promise-unforgotten-fuka-kazamatsuri-figure

Just ordered mine

Nice!
I'm not usually interested in figurines but I can't really ignore a disgaea one at that price, so yeah I've placed an order too. It will go well with the elusive GAME preorder artbook and the slightly overpriced Japanese Disgaea 4 OST cd I bought last week.... (http://i44.tinypic.com/mrecgl.jpg)

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8531/24112011002.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/24112011002.jpg/)

hm...I wonder if a proper hard cover artbook exists for Disgaea 4? It'd be nice to have one with as many pages as the Disgaea 1 and 2 ones that Broccoli Books used to sell

Celedin
25-11-11, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the heads-up there, Silvertongue! ; )

silvertongue
25-11-11, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the heads-up there, Silvertongue! ; )

You're very welcome :)

Black_Dragon
26-11-11, 03:19 PM
Just started D4 ITS AWESOME,
but this games got me thinking a lot about sardines

silvertongue
28-11-11, 02:30 PM
Well my little Fuka came today....that sounds so wrong.

Celedin
28-11-11, 04:15 PM
Mine arrived today too... is what I would be saying if I didn't find a "You were out!" card at the letterbox D:

I live with 14 other people, how can no one be here?! XD

silvertongue
28-11-11, 05:20 PM
Mine arrived today too... is what I would be saying if I didn't find a "You were out!" card at the letterbox D:

I live with 14 other people, how can no one be here?! XD

That is what you call typical.

PrismZeo
29-11-11, 03:00 PM

I hate getting those cards, I get them all the time even when I'm in the house at the time...if you don't answer the door in under 5 seconds that postman is long gone... :(

Lucky for me I forgot to lock the front door yesterday, so the postman just opened the door and flung the Fuka statue parcel into the house before running off

Celedin
29-11-11, 03:55 PM
Hahaha, sounds like you had have an... interesting postman PrismZeo XDDD

I went and collected mine today, I'm surprised to see it has a magnetic base!

Black_Dragon
17-12-11, 03:26 PM
Finished the main story and killed the final boss in one hit ;)
And on that note Profesionals only stack up to 100 rather than the usual 300
meaning only a 100% critical ratio rather than 300%
Now on to conquer the post game!

Black_Dragon
20-12-11, 08:01 PM
I forgot this game had some online features so i ended up uploading a Lv500 senator with 17,000 attack just be careful if you see him. On that note i think you can receive bribes also so....
if anyone wants anything feel free to say ;)

PrismZeo
21-12-11, 04:08 PM
Is the dlc for this game out yet? I had to download a huge patch yesterday that took 3hrs to finish...but I haven't noticed any changes though

I forgot this game had some online features so i ended up uploading a Lv500 senator with 17,000 attack just be careful if you see him. On that note i think you can receive bribes also so....

Do people receive the bribes you give their senators? Oops....i've been just giving them my itemworld junk like I do with the normal senators. I feel kinda bad now...hopefully some of those things were still useful since most of the them were low level characters.

if anyone wants anything feel free to say ;)

hm...feel like bribing my senator with stealing items for a chance of random itemworld weapons? Some of that bonus gauge stuff must be good....

Emerald Emblem
21-12-11, 06:04 PM
Yeah, Foreign Senators get to keep those items for the player they come from.

Black_Dragon
21-12-11, 08:05 PM
Is the dlc for this game out yet? I had to download a huge patch yesterday that took 3hrs to finish...but I haven't noticed any changes though

Do people receive the bribes you give their senators? Oops....i've been just giving them my itemworld junk like I do with the normal senators. I feel kinda bad now...hopefully some of those things were still useful since most of the them were low level characters.

hm...feel like bribing my senator with stealing items for a chance of random itemworld weapons? Some of that bonus gauge stuff must be good....

ok i take it you want the awesome hand stealing item if you've uploaded your senete i should see him ... maybe as there are quite a few but k. and the patch was just to add dlc and fix a bug (but mostly for the bug)

Yeah, Foreign Senators get to keep those items for the player they come from.
i wasnt too sure if that was exactly the case but i am glad it somewhat is.
that reminds me ... i gave someone a lot of mint gum... heh heh...

well looks like the update is really does take ages *Sigh*
EDIT so thats what it is.... Asagi... is on the psn store now undr latest Ps add ons but ... you need to have gotten asagi in the post game first
... i'll leave the update for now

Emerald Emblem
24-12-11, 09:59 PM
ok i take it you want the awesome hand stealing item if you've uploaded your senete i should see him ... maybe as there are quite a few but k. and the patch was just to add dlc and fix a bug (but mostly for the bug)

i wasnt too sure if that was exactly the case but i am glad it somewhat is.
that reminds me ... i gave someone a lot of mint gum... heh heh...

well looks like the update is really does take ages *Sigh*
EDIT so thats what it is.... Asagi... is on the psn store now undr latest Ps add ons but ... you need to have gotten asagi in the post game first
... i'll leave the update for now
Well have you checked your foreign Secretary history? If the character received bribes you'll receive them when you check.

Black_Dragon
24-12-11, 10:09 PM
Well have you checked your foreign Secretary history? If the character received bribes you'll receive them when you check.

not quite yet but i'll do so on sunday i'll try and throw over some bribes to everyone

Black_Dragon
28-12-11, 07:55 PM
I threw over some bribes too a lot of online senators most were ... really weak i was kinda expecting a load of LV9999 with 30 mil atack but the only thing that came close was a level 4000 zetta with 400,000 atack, still my lv1000 laharl has double that. maybe i expected too much too soon. BTW i never found prism's senator.
The LOC will be a bigger pain to get in to however only fufilled half the requirements so far.

PrismZeo
30-12-11, 02:41 PM
BTW i never found prism's senator.
The LOC will be a bigger pain to get in to however only fufilled half the requirements so far.
Its probably super unlikely that my senator will turn up using the random chance way, the only way I've found to summon the ones of people I know is to register them from the list of psn friend's senators. Also seems to be zero chance if they own the US copy like most of the people I've registered on psn...

LOC is really becoming a pain to unlock, you need "P" ship parts but the game taunts me by giving me the "G" and "U" versions instead. I think I got really lucky when going for the part given by the meowkin pirates, they sound ultra rare going by the amount of topics on Gamefaqs but I found them on the first time I started looking for them. Also strangely a second new (to me) pirate ship showed up while I was still fighting the meowkins. They were the Artist pirates and had music related "fun" weapons apart from from the captain, who was a blue haired archer equipped with a green onion....was she meant to be Hatsune Miku? :D

Black_Dragon
30-12-11, 08:03 PM
True Loc is a bit off a stab in the back this time lol and lucky you those meokins are rare, Really rare
i only have 2 of the p flonzer parts still a while to go though...

Black_Dragon
05-01-12, 07:54 PM
Thats me got all the p flonzor parts somehow all today :)
I didnt quite know that enemy LV was a key factor to increasing the odds of getting the p flonzor
As for the meowkins the were a pain the didnt appear on full item growth or innocent, growth rather they just appeared in the middle of both item growth & innocent.
now to jump in the LOC

PrismZeo
07-01-12, 02:22 PM
The LoC base map seemed kinda disappointing...too normal, but still at least the base npc are pretty funny if you ask them to show the tutorials.

So has anyone made any user maps yet? I only just got around to uploading one, but I think I made it too easy since one person cleared it in only 2 turns...

Black_Dragon
07-01-12, 03:46 PM
The LoC base map seemed kinda disappointing...too normal, but still at least the base npc are pretty funny if you ask them to show the tutorials.

So has anyone made any user maps yet? I only just got around to uploading one, but I think I made it too easy since one person cleared it in only 2 turns...

But hasnt the LOC base kinda always been like that? (D2 D3?) and yeah lol about the Tutorials they always provide very "encouraging words"
But arent maps supposed to be clearable easy or otherwise cant have just invincible panels only ;) but cant be too hard either.but i see no need to create just yet. Need to power level and aquire the rank 39 weapons to kill those X's :)

PrismZeo
11-01-12, 06:43 PM
Some sort of Laharl ship, Adell and Rozalin DLC has come out now....the ship looks kinda cool but I didn't buy it...

If you buy Adell and Rozalin at the same time, try out changing the order you play their stages to unlock them since the cutscenes at the end of the battle changes quite a bit! The cutscenes for unlocking Rozalin then Adell are pretty funny but I think I like the ones you get when you play Adell's stage first

Black_Dragon
14-01-12, 03:35 PM
Some sort of Laharl ship, Adell and Rozalin DLC has come out now....the ship looks kinda cool but I didn't buy it...

If you buy Adell and Rozalin at the same time, try out changing the order you play their stages to unlock them since the cutscenes at the end of the battle changes quite a bit! The cutscenes for unlocking Rozalin then Adell are pretty funny but I think I like the ones you get when you play Adell's stage first

I see i'll need to see both scenes then :) but i'll pick them up later after getting the Rank 40 weapons they take forever to show up legendary :eek:

Black_Dragon
18-01-12, 07:49 PM
Item Get! Baal Sword LV300 and trapLV300 still doing about 601M damage still isnt enough! hopfully i'll be able to do 10 billion or is it 1billion still cant break that barrier yet.
X-dim is next. then...

Black_Dragon
25-01-12, 09:15 PM
XDIM done ... now just need all tiers and skills just need the andriod and 5% of skills btw mao and preire are out in the psn store.

Black_Dragon
29-01-12, 01:30 PM
I just went on to pirate duels today ..... i had no idea i was rank 14 in pirates ;)
man my guys over killed a number of guys i took on ... in one turn

Maybe one day I'll take on the number 1 of EU

PrismZeo
31-01-12, 01:03 AM
Wow you are steamrolling through this game blackdragon, I don't have a chance of catching up to you now!...oh well it doesn't matter, I'm still determined to get my first platinum from this game since it seems kinda possible. Well, apart from the LoC roar battle thingy, thats just insane.

Lately for me everything had seemed to grind to a halt in D4 after I decided to try get a PPS and after 3 days of resetting I still didnt get one. So unlucky! So yeah, I gave up and finished the X-dimension instead, so yay..finally some progress!

Superbuu3
02-02-12, 01:32 PM
I just went on to pirate duels today ..... i had no idea i was rank 14 in pirates ;)

You have to do this it will be epic.

Emerald Emblem
02-02-12, 02:35 PM
The only reason I don't do friend pirates is only because Black_Dragon on my friend list. Got a week off next week, will try to finish the story. My party are all round level 75, must have some 20 characters.

Black_Dragon
03-02-12, 08:20 PM
Wow you are steamrolling through this game blackdragon, I don't have a chance of catching up to you now!...oh well it doesn't matter, I'm still determined to get my first platinum from this game since it seems kinda possible. Well, apart from the LoC roar battle thingy, thats just insane.

Lately for me everything had seemed to grind to a halt in D4 after I decided to try get a PPS and after 3 days of resetting I still didnt get one. So unlucky! So yeah, I gave up and finished the X-dimension instead, so yay..finally some progress!
cool thanks but you only need to beat 1 of those X's in the loc for the trophy, i slaughtered em all anyway but they were still tough... but glad you're getting though smoothly :)

You have to do this it will be epic.
Yeah no pressure there ;) i have an idea of how to beat him although since i have seen his char set up.... trying to beat that completely maxed prinny and etna is going to be a problem i'll need some time :) though.

The only reason I don't do friend pirates is only because Black_Dragon on my friend list. Got a week off next week, will try to finish the story. My party are all round level 75, must have some 20 characters.
hmm cool :)

Shads
06-02-12, 04:09 PM

Actually, the second highest ranked pirates are waaaay tougher than the top ranked ones, if you ask me. :p

I've beaten the currently top-ranked ones twice now, but have yet to defeat the second ranked ones. =O

...I think I'm currently rank 7 or something like that actually. My PSN is: Shads777

I have yet to actually finish my pirates though - there are lots of ship-parts I lack and there are some characters that still don't have the evilties I want them to. Once I'm completely done, I'll be aiming for the top as well. So you've got some competition now. :cool:

You can add me if you want, so we can troll each other with our OP-pirates and make every future item world run a big pain in the ass! =D

I've made one, though it kinda sucks since I have yet to unlock any of the fun parts and geo blocks. It's kinda like a "boss map"... with max-level LoC-power units. Basically... if you have trouble with Item God 2, the map will be very hard. If you can one-shot Item God 2, then you can easily one-shot this map too.

I plan to make some much more interesting maps later though, once I have managed to get all the parts I need. I'll let you people know whenever that happens, if you guys are interested.

Oh yeah, and... hi everyone! This is my first post here.

Edit: Great... I've now actually made a pretty good boss-map. It makes the battle against the 6 LoC Pringer X at maxed SEB look like child's play. The only problem? I can't upload it yet, since... I actually can't beat it myself. xD

And what's so funny about that is, I don't even use any invincibility or even enemy turbo panels. In other words... I just... simply can't beat my own characters. =O

...it might be because I set the dispatch limit to 4, and the enemies are 15 in total, but still!

And another funny thing - whoever said that Disgaea 4 is OHKO fest only, is terribly misstaken. I... can hardly put a dent in the actual boss, even when using maxed S-rank skills with 99,999,999 attack characters. I don't even know how that is possible. Somehow, I managed to create a total monster that I can't even handle myself. =/

...I mean, I do know that it gets a totally ridiculous amount of HP and maxed in all stats after the magichange, as well as a 50% reduction to all physical AND magical attacks. But still... what the heck? Critical S-rank maxed skills from behind do less than 10%! That's just... wrong. It makes absolutely no sense. =O

PrismZeo
07-02-12, 04:59 PM
cool thanks but you only need to beat 1 of those X's in the loc for the trophy, i slaughtered em all anyway but they were still tough... but glad you're getting though smoothly :)

So only one X needs to die, and you dont need to complete the stage for it to count either? I guess that doesnt sound as bad anymore if thats the case...I really didn't feel like putting as many hours again into grinding like I did for the ones in Disgaea 2 DHD

I've made one, though it kinda sucks since I have yet to unlock any of the fun parts and geo blocks. It's kinda like a "boss map"... with max-level LoC-power units. Basically... if you have trouble with Item God 2, the map will be very hard. If you can one-shot Item God 2, then you can easily one-shot this map too.

One shot an item god 2? That counts me out for that map it seems, I only have Priere that can hurt those guys even a little bit :o

Oh yeah, and... hi everyone! This is my first post here.

Hey, welcome to the forum! :)

Shads
07-02-12, 05:17 PM
One shot an item god 2? That counts me out for that map it seems, I only have Priere that can hurt those guys even a little bit :o
Well, it takes level 300 max-rank equipment to one-shot them, usually. So if you lack that, it gets tough. :p

However... some of the LoC units themselves can at least 2HKO those Item Gods. What I did to beat my first Item God 2, as well as most of the higher levels of my first rank 39 equip, was to simply catch some really powerful LoC enemies. Took some time, but was totally worth it in the end.

In order to make sure they don't beat up everyone in your base-panel, the best thing is to start off by catching something just "slightly more powerful than your strongest character", and then try something slightly stronger than that, with your last catched enemy still in the base panel. Damaging the enemies as much as possible before throwing them in helps too.

Eventually, you can catch floor 90+ enemies in high-rank equipment, and those can make short work of even IG2's if you max out their final skills etc. Just remember that you should never reincarnate them.

...and I actually managed to upload my new map now. I won't say how I finally beat it, but... it took some time. If anyone wants a challenge equal to that of like... 20 Item Gods, then go ahead and try it out. It should currently be the 3rd highest strength-ranked map, so it's easy to find. :p

Hey, welcome to the forum! :)
Thanks!

Black_Dragon
09-02-12, 10:14 PM
Ah finally the ps3 browser wasnt letting me reply sorry about the delay :( @Prism yep just defeat 1 surround and kill you still need to grind a bit though. @shad welcome to the forums ... heh so your no 6 in pirates .... i gotta make sure i dont fall behind :). I accept your challange or ... just not yet there a few loose ends i need to tie up first.

Shads
10-02-12, 10:46 AM
@shad welcome to the forums ... heh so your no 6 in pirates .... i gotta make sure i dont fall behind :). I accept your challange or ... just not yet there a few loose ends i need to tie up first.
I've actually made progress through the ranks already, and am now even higher. :cool: Though the second-rank pirates maxed out their stats, so now both the first and second rank pirates are maxed out, pretty much. So you can't really get higher than them, only "just as high" as them (I figured there was a cap, since they both had exactly the same number).

...still, you can always make sure that you are the toughest ones to beat. =P

Alrighty! Oh, and do you have any 300% aptitude characters? I never bothered to train ones myself, but managed to catch ones that appeared as online pirates in the item world. They made things quite a bit easier. Especially since they keep everything when you reincarnate them. If you don't have any, I could make some more "capturable" pirates so you can get them too, if you want.

On a side-note, it also seems like I'm the only person who actually uses captured LoC monsters for his pirates. One would think LoC can't match 300% aptitude, but if you make sure to give the right evilties to your LoC monster ( you get exactly two runs in chara-world for captured enemies ), you can create some pretty powerful things. The important difference between the LoC enemies and created characters, is that the LoC enemies always will have much higher HP. So if you make up for the lower other stats with Violence, or simply choose to make a "tank", then the LoC captures ones can be just as great as even 300% aptitude ones. =D

A quick example: I have two LoC Zombie Kings with 300,000,000 HP (make that 3 into a 4, and you get the HP value of an Item God 2) and one of them has the ability that makes it use Defend when it's hit by a physical attack, while the other has the ability that makes it Defend when hit by a magical attack. They both have the "Advance Guard" ability from the heavy knight that reduces damage by 80% when defending. So basically, one of them can only be killed by magical attacks and takes hardly no damage at all from physical ones, and the other one eats magical attacks for breakfast and can only be killed by physical ones. =D

...if they didn't have such a ridiculous amount of LoC-only HP, this would never have worked though.

PrismZeo
10-02-12, 12:31 PM
Is it alright if I add you on psn too Shads? I kinda want to see the impossible sounding map you made now even though it sounds like they could destroy my current team just by sneezing

On a side-note, it also seems like I'm the only person who actually uses captured LoC monsters for his pirates. One would think LoC can't match 300% aptitude, but if you make sure to give the right evilties to your LoC monster ( you get exactly two runs in chara-world for captured enemies ), you can create some pretty powerful things.

That sounds tempting to do...maybe if I'd thought of doing something like that I wouldn't be hanging around with the rank 85 people. I probably wont do it still though since I try to only use the unique characters because of the name randomisation for generics. Some of those random names are so stupid, even the random monster names in la pucelle were way better. I kinda miss Fish Muffin now, she was such a great monster in that game....

Shads
10-02-12, 06:27 PM
Is it alright if I add you on psn too Shads? I kinda want to see the impossible sounding map you made now even though it sounds like they could destroy my current team just by sneezing
That's totally fine. Anyone who wants to add me may do so. =)

I'm currently about to make an even more ridiculous map, actually. This one will just be an outright battle against a team of boss-like units. But each one of those boss units will be completely freaking insane. =D

That sounds tempting to do...maybe if I'd thought of doing something like that I wouldn't be hanging around with the rank 85 people. I probably wont do it still though since I try to only use the unique characters because of the name randomisation for generics. Some of those random names are so stupid, even the random monster names in la pucelle were way better. I kinda miss Fish Muffin now, she was such a great monster in that game....
If you are talking about the network restrictions, then yeah... they suck. Those restrictions are just silly. But you can rename captured monsters, so that you can see the names you want for them at the very least. And if nothing else, you can also use them for Magichange or Fusion purpose. Weapons with silly names is less of a bother, and fusing a super LoC monster with Desco can be pretty awesome too.

...or you could even just use them simply to help you get through the item world etc faster and safer. =P

Emerald Emblem
10-02-12, 09:23 PM
Reincarnated all my non mains a second time, trying to grind them back up to level 80 before i start the final chapter. Also unlocked the Chara World at long last. A few party members attributes have been boosted subsequently. I seriously gotta finish it so I can use the DLC I bought.

EDIT: Disgaea 4 is such a troll!
Final Episode part 1 was bull enough but then to do a Final Episode part 2 is just mean. I finished Des X both times with Desco magi changed with Fuka and the second magichange ultimate attack as the finishing blow, felt right doing it that way. Now they are both much higher level than the rest of my team, gotta do some more grinding to catch up and then take down the Final episode proper.

Black_Dragon
12-02-12, 02:00 PM
I've actually made progress through the ranks already, and am now even higher. :cool: Though the second-rank pirates maxed out their stats, so now both the first and second rank pirates are maxed out, pretty much. So you can't really get higher than them, only "just as high" as them (I figured there was a cap, since they both had exactly the same number).

...still, you can always make sure that you are the toughest ones to beat. =P

Alrighty! Oh, and do you have any 300% aptitude characters? I never bothered to train ones myself, but managed to catch ones that appeared as online pirates in the item world. They made things quite a bit easier. Especially since they keep everything when you reincarnate them. If you don't have any, I could make some more "capturable" pirates so you can get them too, if you want.

I am working on that but i really don't want a generic to have 300% aptitudes so i am working on the tyrant ... i mean the prinny instructor. But first its gathering the remainder of the rank 40 items.
Also i screwed up on my baal sword so i need to re-work on another one.

Then it will be chara world to get the skills and 300 aptitudes.

Shads
12-02-12, 05:42 PM
I am working on that but i really don't want a generic to have 300% aptitudes so i am working on the tyrant ... i mean the prinny instructor. But first its gathering the remainder of the rank 40 items.
Also i screwed up on my baal sword so i need to re-work on another one.

Then it will be chara world to get the skills and 300 aptitudes.
Alrighty. And how was the Bhaal Sword messed up? Did it miss some levels? =O

Also, I have now made the hardest straight-out battle map I've ever made and probably ever will make. I just barely managed to beat it myself, even though I'm only fighting my own characters with no enemy-boosting geo panels or anything like that (though they are 15, and you can only deploy 10). It's the rank 3 map right now, I believe. Make sure to try it out. =P

Emerald Emblem
12-02-12, 07:09 PM
It's finished! Clocking in at about 110 hours I completed the main scenario. I got Artina's ending. First Disgaea game I've finished.

silvertongue
13-02-12, 07:30 PM
It's finished! Clocking in at about 110 hours I completed the main scenario. I got Artina's ending. First Disgaea game I've finished.

Congrats, I've only finished the Disgaea games on psp.

Celedin
13-02-12, 08:16 PM
Congrats! I've only ever finished Disgaea 2 so far XD

By the way, what's your PSN ID Emerald Emblem? : D

Emerald Emblem
15-02-12, 02:18 PM
Congrats! I've only ever finished Disgaea 2 so far XD

By the way, what's your PSN ID Emerald Emblem? : D
EmeraldEmblem

Black_Dragon
15-02-12, 10:03 PM
@shads somthing like that i placed one attack bill too many so i am working on all the other rank 40 weapons. Yeah i saw your map though i dont think i could clear it ... yet @Silvertounge & Celedin come on guys!! play D4 its really not that hard :) just requires a little grinding is all

Celedin
15-02-12, 11:05 PM
Cheers for your ID, Emerald Emblem.

@shads somthing like that i placed one attack bill too many so i am working on all the other rank 40 weapons. Yeah i saw your map though i dont think i could clear it ... yet @Silvertounge & Celedin come on guys!! play D4 its really not that hard :) just requires a little grinding is all

I know, I know. I've been busier than I've wanted to be lately and my PS3 is currently away to be replaced but once it gets back I'm going to sink some hours in and eventually join you guys in finishing D4 ; )

Shads
16-02-12, 01:38 PM
@shads somthing like that i placed one attack bill too many so i am working on all the other rank 40 weapons. Yeah i saw your map though i dont think i could clear it ... yet
Oh, that sucks, but at least passing one bill too many is better than passing too few. And just that shouldn't be too bad. =P

And it's understandable - I even had some trouble beating it myself. I've updated the map and made it a little bit easier now though. A very, very little bit easier, mind you. xD

...after all, my Android has 10 times the HP of an Item God 2. =)

Emerald Emblem
16-02-12, 02:22 PM
You two are just very good at Disgaea, it seems to take you merely days to level up characters to the 1000's and beyond. Still only round level 100-110

Black_Dragon
16-02-12, 02:32 PM
Cheers for your ID, Emerald Emblem.

I know, I know. I've been busier than I've wanted to be lately and my PS3 is currently away to be replaced but once it gets back I'm going to sink some hours in and eventually join you guys in finishing D4 ; )

Ah cool, no prob i look forward to that day then ;)

Oh, that sucks, but at least passing one bill too many is better than passing too few. And just that shouldn't be too bad. =P

And it's understandable - I even had some trouble beating it myself. I've updated the map and made it a little bit easier now though. A very, very little bit easier, mind you. xD

...after all, my Android has 10 times the HP of an Item God 2. =)

Yeah but its no good if it cant hit ;) its just strong but thats it.

Hmm cool i'll have a go at it today or as soon as i can maybe this time with better results :)

Shads
16-02-12, 05:25 PM
Yeah but its no good if it cant hit ;) its just strong but thats it.

Hmm cool i'll have a go at it today or as soon as i can maybe this time with better results :)
True, true. In fact, I have replaced a Trapz with Candidate Ribbon a couple of times myself just to make up for a lack of hitrate. If only those unique innocents were somehow transferable. =P

The probably biggest difference battle/difficulty-wise is that I removed Tera Star from those who could use it, so elemental resistance works much better against the magic attacks now. =P

PrismZeo
16-02-12, 09:47 PM
Removing tera star counts as making that crazy map easier? Do you really believe that Shads...? ;)

True, true. In fact, I have replaced a Trapz with Candidate Ribbon a couple of times myself just to make up for a lack of hitrate. If only those unique innocents were somehow transferable. =P

Switching between items takes too long, I plan to use the mystery innocent to try make the unique innocents appear on my other traps. Although it did take a day of resetting just to get the "Wuss" innocent to appear and I'm not even sure what that one does really....:confused:

Shads
17-02-12, 10:31 AM
Removing tera star counts as making that crazy map easier? Do you really believe that Shads...? ;)

Switching between items takes too long, I plan to use the mystery innocent to try make the unique innocents appear on my other traps. Although it did take a day of resetting just to get the "Wuss" innocent to appear and I'm not even sure what that one does really....:confused:
Well, it does make a small difference, even though it's just a very, very small one. I mean... at least you can survive the other elemental spells if you manage to get 99 elemental resistance. =P

If you had to swap it all the time, it would take too long yeah. I've mainly just used the method for the top-rank custom map where you had to make it to the top of a kind of "pyramid", and each enemy would have maxed speed and stand on Evasion panels. =P

As for Wuss, I recommend keeping that one actually. I don't know if you've noticed that my characters on that custom map all have a "Barefoot X" equiped in their last slot instead of Traps. It doesn't matter all that much stat-wise on the custom map, since the stats get maxed after the magichanges anyway, but the reason for them being equiped instead of Traps, is still that I "accidently" got Wuss on a Barefoot X with 0 rarity thanks to a Mystery Innocent I didn't even notice. And Wuss reduces all physical damage taken by 40%, which is quite useful when you have beefy characters with lots of HP.

Edit: It might be worth noting, though, that the 40% damage-cut does not really protect average characters from high-level physical skills, as those will still OHKO most likely. But with above average HP (or LoC hostages), and a good set of evilties, resulting in a greater damage-cut ( like a Bonedragon's "Immortal Body"), the Wuss innocent can be really useful. Plus, it will always help a lot against normal physical attacks. I'd still say Handshaker is better, since it's useful at all times and makes an enormous difference, but Wuss can still be very useful.

I tried getting the Handshaker innocent on Traps myself, but I gave up after like 5-6 hours with no result. =/

Black_Dragon
17-02-12, 08:50 PM
@prism lol true ;) its still quite challanging but... i'll try n wipe out those 3 ultimate units ... eventually lol @shads did the map acctualy become harder lol? oh and gratz on taking no3 place permanently ... i need to take no 4 and quick... but lots of people are using val as captian so i think i'll make mine artina .... after extreme rigorous training ;) and various equip changes although i strayed from my original goal i still intend on taking at least one of the top spots :)

Shads
17-02-12, 09:12 PM
@prism lol true ;) its still quite challanging but... i'll try n wipe out those 3 ultimate units ... eventually lol @shads did the map acctualy become harder lol? oh and gratz on taking no3 place permanently ... i need to take no 4 and quick... but lots of people are using val as captian so i think i'll make mine artina .... after extreme rigorous training ;) and various equip changes although i strayed from my original goal i still intend on taking at least one of the top spots :)
Hmmm, well I did change some of the evilties too, I believe. So maybe that made certain things harder rather than easier. xD Oh, and in my very first version, I actually had Ally Boost, but now I have Evasion... that moves. =P

Thanks. =D I hurried up when I saw some others slowly creeping closer, and managed to make a strong enough unit by combining 3 Traps, ultimate monster weapon and Violence + Darkness Pact. =P And yeah, even though the number 1 and 2 spots are taken (and now 3, with me) you can always reach the same power level, but make the harder pirates to beat at least. ;)

...oh, and regarding my ultimate unit map, I recommend saving the Android (actual name: KOS-MOS) for last. Her first ability that doubles stats when she's the last unit doesn't really make a difference, since her stats are maxed anyway. And her combination of Gun + Special Counter evilty makes her counter pretty much anything, which makes it a pain to attack her unless you're outside the gun's range. The Mage (name: Rydia) and Female Fighter (Mio) are probably the most dangerous damage dealers, while also being the most fraile ones (still far from fraile though), so they should be the first targets. The professor (Rider) doesn't have as much HP as the Android, but makes up for it with the most defensive abilities. =P

Black_Dragon
18-02-12, 03:45 PM
Hmmm, well I did change some of the evilties too, I believe. So maybe that made certain things harder rather than easier. xD Oh, and in my very first version, I actually had Ally Boost, but now I have Evasion... that moves. =P

Thanks. =D I hurried up when I saw some others slowly creeping closer, and managed to make a strong enough unit by combining 3 Traps, ultimate monster weapon and Violence + Darkness Pact. =P And yeah, even though the number 1 and 2 spots are taken (and now 3, with me) you can always reach the same power level, but make the harder pirates to beat at least. ;)

...oh, and regarding my ultimate unit map, I recommend saving the Android (actual name: KOS-MOS) for last. Her first ability that doubles stats when she's the last unit doesn't really make a difference, since her stats are maxed anyway. And her combination of Gun + Special Counter evilty makes her counter pretty much anything, which makes it a pain to attack her unless you're outside the gun's range. The Mage (name: Rydia) and Female Fighter (Mio) are probably the most dangerous damage dealers, while also being the most fraile ones (still far from fraile though), so they should be the first targets. The professor (Rider) doesn't have as much HP as the Android, but makes up for it with the most defensive abilities. =P

Cool thats a big 'if' i can beat even one of those 3 i was only able to take one of them to half hp :). Hmm so i take it the names get randomised huh.... well that sucks it puts a dent in what map i was planning on creating ... i guess they do it to protect copyrighted by name char's

But there was somthing else bothering me... about that CP i think that also gets ranked the number one seems a little... fishy

Shads
18-02-12, 09:57 PM
Cool thats a big 'if' i can beat even one of those 3 i was only able to take one of them to half hp :). Hmm so i take it the names get randomised huh.... well that sucks it puts a dent in what map i was planning on creating ... i guess they do it to protect copyrighted by name char's

But there was somthing else bothering me... about that CP i think that also gets ranked the number one seems a little... fishy
Well, checking the evilties and elemental resistance is quite important. The mage dies the easiest to S-rank physical non-elemental skills, but the professor is almost immune to those kind of attacks, and Ice or Star spell-attacks are the way to go instead. =P

...but you really kinda need maxed attack/int or whichever stat you're using for your attacks as well as max % S-rank skills to do enough damage. xD

Oh yeah, I agree that one's... very strange. I mean... it's like many times more than that of the second ranked one. How do you even get that much CP? =O

PrismZeo
19-02-12, 03:42 PM
Yay I finally got the LoC Pringer X trophy! Wow it took a lot for my current team to just kill one,it took Priere and Desco fusing together and being powered up by a beastmaster ending a 12 hit combo with holy breaker. The team died on the second turn but still, at least I just a bit closer to being able to clear that stage. Does anything special even happen if you succeed?

Also has anyone beaten your map yet Shads? I looked at the battle records and all that rated it said their team got ruined...

Shads
19-02-12, 07:49 PM
Yay I finally got the LoC Pringer X trophy! Wow it took a lot for my current team to just kill one,it took Priere and Desco fusing together and being powered up by a beastmaster ending a 12 hit combo with holy breaker. The team died on the second turn but still, at least I just a bit closer to being able to clear that stage. Does anything special even happen if you succeed?

Also has anyone beaten your map yet Shads? I looked at the battle records and all that rated it said their team got ruined...
Nah, nothing special really happens. You simply get the cool feeling of having beaten the hardest in-game/non-custom battle the game has to offer. =P

Nope, not yet. So far, the only one who has beaten it is myself. And in order to beat it, I pretty much used the same units you actually have to fight on the map to beat it (with the same magichanges). xD

...and I still had a little trouble, since the one playing has to heal his/her character after a magichange in order to make use of the additional HP, plus you are limited to 10 characters only, while there is a total of 15 enemies if you count the ones showing up through the enemy base panel + the zombie and succubus. Though I could beat it with two characters left, since the Tera Heal of the Mage after the magichange heals a pretty crazy amount, and the enemies sometimes attack each other with AoE.

...It's nice if you can manage to get one of the other enemies to catch the android in an AoE, since that will trigger a counter chain between the Android and that character, thanks to Special Counter. Won't do a whole lot though, since normal physical attacks can hardly scratch these enemies.

Black_Dragon
20-02-12, 08:08 PM
Well, checking the evilties and elemental resistance is quite important. The mage dies the easiest to S-rank physical non-elemental skills, but the professor is almost immune to those kind of attacks, and Ice or Star spell-attacks are the way to go instead. =P ...but you really kinda need maxed attack/int or whichever stat you're using for your attacks as well as max % S-rank skills to do enough damage. xD Oh yeah, I agree that one's... very strange. I mean... it's like many times more than that of the second ranked one. How do you even get that much CP? =O hmm cool it'll take me a while though i still cant quite get the magicchange right it only seems to lower my stats than raise em, hmm about the cp i suspect its either cheated or glitched theres no way in hell anyone can obtain that amount of cp in such a short time, yeah i would have belived the sum was legitimate if it was 1 or 2 digits shorter but... if no one else even remotely has close then theres no mistake :I* @prism congrats on killing it :)(that ought to teach Great flonzor X's enemy some manners ;) ) i'm sure you'll be able to slaughter em all in no time

Shads
20-02-12, 08:54 PM
Some tipses regarding the magichanges: the monsters must be in Beast Lab (it makes an absolutely massive difference if the monster got 3 x Traps and ultimate monster weapon equiped).

And also, another thing that can make a really big difference is to put your "Weapon Specialists" on the first or second armour instead of the weapon for the character that's going to use the magichange. This is because when the magichange is used, all innocent effects on the initial weapon are lost. But the weapon specialists are still active if you have them on armour instead of the actual weapon.:cool:

Black_Dragon
21-02-12, 08:52 PM
@shads cool i'll keep that in mind as make my re arrangements :) but that aside i gotta try and take the no 4 spot before its too late. but its hard to keep making lv 300 traps all with different attributes ect.

Shads
25-02-12, 12:18 PM
Going to update my super-unit map, using the new Classroom DLC map as base. In the meantime, I've uploaded another new map though that's a lot easier (but still kinda hard) which you guys can probably beat. Well, I at least believe Black_Dragon should be strong enough. The boss unit is about as strong as a LoC Pringer X, and there are other tough units on the map as well, plus some kinda dangerous geo panels.

Black_Dragon
26-02-12, 02:35 PM
Yeah thanks for that ..... and cleared! that was a great map :)

Emerald Emblem
26-02-12, 02:42 PM
Thanks to Shads, B_D finally has someone to compete against.

Black_Dragon
26-02-12, 02:52 PM
Thanks to Shads, B_D finally has someone to compete against.

*nods* yep ;) in D4 at least :)

i just need to grind a little more almost 300% aptitudes with Artina also :)

Emerald Emblem
26-02-12, 02:57 PM
I often wonder if either of you ever sleep. The rate you blast through these games is impressive in itself. You certainly get far more of your moneys worth than some people (Like myself lol)

PrismZeo
26-02-12, 07:08 PM
Shads and Black_Dragon must be the most time efficient players ever? Maybe time lords? I should learn the secret since I seem to waste hours resetting due to my terrible luck with random event stuff like the old combat master and the fortune teller...

Btw That combat prinny is so annoying, why did there have to be two versions of him?

Going to update my super-unit map, using the new Classroom DLC map as base. In the meantime, I've uploaded another new map though that's a lot easier (but still kinda hard) which you guys can probably beat. Well, I at least believe Black_Dragon should be strong enough. The boss unit is about as strong as a LoC Pringer X, and there are other tough units on the map as well, plus some kinda dangerous geo panels.

Nice to see that someone managed to clear one of your maps for a change, I'm just happy that I actually managed to defeat something before being destroyed. :D
Still I wonder if the drop in my characters stats is worth it to equip that thing that has mode changer to survive that extra turn?

Shads
26-02-12, 10:56 PM
Yeah thanks for that ..... and cleared! that was a great map :)
Thanks. ^^

And you only lost one unit too. Hmmm, I've been thinking about making yet another boss map before I upload my final version of the "super unit map". But should I increase the difficulty to give B_D more of a challenge, or should I make it easier so that others can actually beat it too? =P

Shads and Black_Dragon must be the most time efficient players ever? Maybe time lords? I should learn the secret since I seem to waste hours resetting due to my terrible luck with random event stuff like the old combat master and the fortune teller...
It actually happened to me once that I went into the chara-world specifically to boost an evil symbol, but got the combat master instead... and was annoyed by it, since I had already gotten all the legendary skills I wanted with that character. =P And I also found the P-Flonzor X parts and the Mewkin pirates pretty fast.

That said, I've managed to save quite a bit of time thanks to both the Puppy Paw Stick and capturing a few 300% aptitude pirates which I could then reincarnate. Still... my playtime goes well over 200 hours. Probably something like 250 by now. =D

Nice to see that someone managed to clear one of your maps for a change, I'm just happy that I actually managed to defeat something before being destroyed. :D
Still I wonder if the drop in my characters stats is worth it to equip that thing that has mode changer to survive that extra turn?
Well, the two first opponents on that map (the zombies) are probably the toughest, save the actual boss. So that's still pretty good. xD

I'd say it's probably worth it. It depends, but defensive abilities are generally much more powerful than, say, the defense stat. So unless you get your attack/hit dramatically reduced, it's probably worth it. =P

PrismZeo
27-02-12, 12:01 AM
I've finally got enough cp to buy the no entry geo effect, maybe now my team will get to at least magichange on my custom map now~

Still... my playtime goes well over 200 hours. Probably something like 250 by now. =D

Only 250hrs? My playtime counter says 712hrs...I knew my luck was bad, but wow... I didn't think it was that bad :eek:
I blame that skills prinny for wasting so much of my time by not appearing during character world runs. I still need to find him 2 more times for the final axe and sword skills T-T

Shads
27-02-12, 12:29 PM
Only 250hrs? My playtime counter says 712hrs...I knew my luck was bad, but wow... I didn't think it was that bad :eek:
I blame that skills prinny for wasting so much of my time by not appearing during character world runs. I still need to find him 2 more times for the final axe and sword skills T-T
Well, I checked now and it's actually 273 hours. But still. xD Wow, 712? =O

I guess I am more lucky than the average person in games too, and pretty time effecient. I only had to reset twice when I made my first Trap. And in Chara-world I never actually reseted if I didn't see the combat master or whatever I was searching for though, just went for another run. That way I kept the evil symbol boosts, aptitude increases, mana, level ups etc, etc that I got even from the "unsuccessful runs". And I always brought the Puppy Paw Stick with me in each chara-world run too just in case, but didn't reset if I didn't manage to steal from the copies with it. Even though the steal-rate is very low and the chance of the copies appearing is very low as well, it was more time effecient than making lots of Traps the usual way. At least when you got my luck. =P

...for those who don't know what I'm talking about, the Puppy Paw Stick has a low chance of stealing when it kills an enemy. But unlike the "Bandit Hands" and such, the PPS can actually steal the "unstealable". Like the equipment from the Chara-world clones. It has a very low success-rate, but it can happen. And when it does happen, you basically steal a random equipment from the chara-world clone (in other words, a copy of your own equipment for that character).

...I do not really recommend going into the chara-world trying to steal with the PPS only though, because of the low success-rate. Just bring it along when you go in there, and equip it if a clone does show up etc.

Oh, and this is also supposed to work on random online pirates, apparently. Not friend-list only ones, but "low-level, mid-level and high-level" random ones. =O

Black_Dragon
27-02-12, 04:52 PM
I often wonder if either of you ever sleep. The rate you blast through these games is impressive in itself. You certainly get far more of your moneys worth than some people (Like myself lol)

Yeah lol (work tends to dominate my life though lol) Would you believe me if i told you i only play about 5-6h(sometimes much less) each day :confused:

Thanks. ^^

And you only lost one unit too. Hmmm, I've been thinking about making yet another boss map before I upload my final version of the "super unit map". But should I increase the difficulty to give B_D more of a challenge, or should I make it easier so that others can actually beat it too? =P

It actually happened to me once that I went into the chara-world specifically to boost an evil symbol, but got the combat master instead... and was annoyed by it, since I had already gotten all the legendary skills I wanted with that character. =P And I also found the P-Flonzor X parts and the Mewkin pirates pretty fast.

That said, I've managed to save quite a bit of time thanks to both the Puppy Paw Stick and capturing a few 300% aptitude pirates which I could then reincarnate. Still... my playtime goes well over 200 hours. Probably something like 250 by now. =D

Well, the two first opponents on that map (the zombies) are probably the toughest, save the actual boss. So that's still pretty good. xD

I'd say it's probably worth it. It depends, but defensive abilities are generally much more powerful than, say, the defense stat. So unless you get your attack/hit dramatically reduced, it's probably worth it. =P

Hmm it up to you dood ;) but i'd personally would make it more clearable for other guys isnt that what a maps are about?:)

I've finally got enough cp to buy the no entry geo effect, maybe now my team will get to at least magichange on my custom map now~

Hmm i have been having trouble with that myself i need that last spear skill then i'll work on the items and ship parts since all i need are a few fun and slayer weapons and all the ship parts :o

Well, I checked now and it's actually 273 hours. But still. xD Wow, 712? =O

I guess I am more lucky than the average person in games too, and pretty time effecient. I only had to reset twice when I made my first Trap. And in Chara-world I never actually reseted if I didn't see the combat master or whatever I was searching for though, just went for another run. That way I kept the evil symbol boosts, aptitude increases, mana, level ups etc, etc that I got even from the "unsuccessful runs". And I always brought the Puppy Paw Stick with me in each chara-world run too just in case, but didn't reset if I didn't manage to steal from the copies with it. Even though the steal-rate is very low and the chance of the copies appearing is very low as well, it was more time effecient than making lots of Traps the usual way. At least when you got my luck. =P

...for those who don't know what I'm talking about, the Puppy Paw Stick has a low chance of stealing when it kills an enemy. But unlike the "Bandit Hands" and such, the PPS can actually steal the "unstealable". Like the equipment from the Chara-world clones. It has a very low success-rate, but it can happen. And when it does happen, you basically steal a random equipment from the chara-world clone (in other words, a copy of your own equipment for that character).

...I do not really recommend going into the chara-world trying to steal with the PPS only though, because of the low success-rate. Just bring it along when you go in there, and equip it if a clone does show up etc.

Oh, and this is also supposed to work on random online pirates, apparently. Not friend-list only ones, but "low-level, mid-level and high-level" random ones. =O

273h for you and 712h for Prism ....man i only have 160h clocked up :eek:

I really hate that puppy paw stick ... it was so much better in D3

Hmm thats somthing new i didnt know but i hardly spend much time online plus there's a chance you could dupe somthing you didnt want ... like the weapon

Emerald Emblem
27-02-12, 08:08 PM
I finished the main story in 110 hours, But then I have over 20 units by the end of it and re-incarnated all the standard units twice, Valvatorez, Fenrich and Fuka once.

Shads
28-02-12, 10:38 AM
Hmm it up to you dood ;) but i'd personally would make it more clearable for other guys isnt that what a maps are about?:)
Clearable, yes. But the greater the challenge, the better. =P

I really hate that puppy paw stick ... it was so much better in D3

Hmm thats somthing new i didnt know but i hardly spend much time online plus there's a chance you could dupe somthing you didnt want ... like the weapon
Yeah, it was. Though luckily for me, I tend to be quite lucky with random things like that.

...just like that one time where I played a game called Luminous Arc online, and I had 1 unit left and my opponent had 2 - one at full HP, one at half HP. The only move I had that could KO the one with full HP was the move with the least accuracy in the game. But I was like: "ah, what the heck" and went for it. 17% hit-rate, it hits and kills the unit at full HP. My opponent tries to use a 85% hit-rate move with his last unit against mine (would have killed if it hit), but misses. It was hilarious. =D

As for the pirates, yeah... but the good thing is that they come in numbers. So even if you risk getting something you don't want, the chance of getting something at all is much higher. If there is a full crew of pirates and they got full level 300 top-gear, the chance of getting something good isn't too bad. Biggest problem is that they might be tougher to beat than a single chara-clone though.

Edit: Also, congrats on making it to the 4th spot! ;)

I finished the main story in 110 hours, But then I have over 20 units by the end of it and re-incarnated all the standard units twice, Valvatorez, Fenrich and Fuka once.
It actually took me almost 100 hours to finish the main story too, but that was mostly because I spent so much time in the item world as soon as I unlocked it. My party kinda became a bit too powerful. =P

Black_Dragon
29-02-12, 07:51 PM
@Shads Thank You :) but i need to make it a permanent spot though... hmm your fuka is harder to kill than i thought .... i have an idea though it might not work :( ....

Shads
29-02-12, 08:12 PM
@Shads Thank You :) but i need to make it a permanent spot though... hmm your fuka is harder to kill than i thought .... i have an idea though it might not work :( ....
It's because of her ability being the best defensive one in the game. =P Half damage from ALL special attacks basically means "she lives twice as long" when her HP is so high that normal attacks no longer are effective. :cool:

Black_Dragon
29-02-12, 09:00 PM
It's because of her ability being the best defensive one in the game. =P Half damage from ALL special attacks basically means "she lives twice as long" when her HP is so high that normal attacks no longer are effective. hmm it worked Map cleared! I noticed she had insane defence but i baited her out stunned and killl :) excellent map btw i had to use a lot o stratagy rather than my usual charge and kill

Shads
01-03-12, 02:33 AM
hmm it worked Map cleared! I noticed she had insane defence but i baited her out stunned and killl :) excellent map btw i had to use a lot o stratagy rather than my usual charge and kill
Congrats, and thanks! =P

And nice strats used. The thing about waiting with destroying the Geo Block to prevent the enemy reinforcments from attacking you was very clever. :cool:

...ready for the next level? =P

I actually just came up with yet another idea for an interesting boss map, and also finally decided on which two evilties to get for my strongest Bone Dragon. So I'm making yet another boss map.

...and for a bit of added flavour, the scenario for the map is:

"The watchdog of Overlord Baal himself - a vicious undead dragon referred to as 'The Immortal One' - has been summoned by a clan of necromancers who wished to control it through the use of black magic. Being far too weak, their spells backfired and the necromancers became the evil dragon's mindslaves instead. The very presence of The Immortal One has resulted in a huge amount of undead demons going wild, being even more out of control than what's 'normal' for a demon. Thus The Immortal One is posing a great threat to the netherworld and must be sent back to were it came from."

Black_Dragon
01-03-12, 08:01 PM
Congrats, and thanks! =P And nice strats used. The thing about waiting with destroying the Geo Block to prevent the enemy reinforcments from attacking you was very clever. ...ready for the next level? =P I actually just came up with yet another idea for an interesting boss map, and also finally decided on which two evilties to get for my strongest Bone Dragon. So I'm making yet another boss map. ...and for a bit of added flavour, the scenario for the map is: "The watchdog of Overlord Baal himself - a vicious undead dragon referred to as 'The Immortal One' - has been summoned by a clan of necromancers who wished to control it through the use of black magic. Being far too weak, their spells backfired and the necromancers became the evil dragon's mindslaves instead. The very presence of The Immortal One has resulted in a huge amount of undead demons going wild, being even more out of control than what's 'normal' for a demon. Thus The Immortal One is posing a great threat to the netherworld and must be sent back to were it came from." Heh i'lll look forward to it then ;)!

Black_Dragon
03-03-12, 04:05 PM
Damn attacked from both sides just in a few turns damn those zombies :( hmm i'll try another stratagy EDIT and it worked Map clear and dragon killed .... twice

Shads
04-03-12, 04:30 PM
Damn attacked from both sides just in a few turns damn those zombies :( hmm i'll try another stratagy EDIT and it worked Map clear and dragon killed .... twice
That was the idea - a "chased" scenario with the zombies slowing you down. =P And congratulations! Clever strategy once again. :cool:

Oh, and what evilties does your Succubus have? I noticed it survived an Undead Strike. =P

Uploaded the final version of the "super-unit" map now. It's... just as hard as ever though. =D

Black_Dragon
05-03-12, 07:58 PM
fffff
That was the idea - a "chased" scenario with the zombies slowing you down. =P And congratulations! Clever strategy once again. Oh, and what evilties does your Succubus have? I noticed it survived an Undead Strike. =P Uploaded the final version of the "super-unit" map now. It's... just as hard as ever though. =D ah thanks oh its violence and darkness pact max def and res as well as int i had to make sure she survived since artina didnt. so i left some bait ..... fenrich.... but it didnt work lol oh well he was useful in his own way ;)

Shads
06-03-12, 02:50 PM
fffff ah thanks oh its violence and darkness pact max def and res as well as int i had to make sure she survived since artina didnt. so i left some bait ..... fenrich.... but it didnt work lol oh well he was useful in his own way ;)
Alrighty. =P Oh, and I see you've almost reached permanent 4th spot now. Just a very little bit more to go. =O Also, have you managd to get your magichange weapons more powerful yet?

Black_Dragon
06-03-12, 08:07 PM
Alrighty. =P Oh, and I see you've almost reached permanent 4th spot now. Just a very little bit more to go. =O Also, have you managd to get your magichange weapons more powerful yet? Yeah almost but i cant seem to get anymore stats everythings lv300 with 300 base apptitudes , so i just gotta try'n find a way to further stats. As for my magichange thery're doing pretty well i dunno if its acctually helping me though its giving me max stats and all... oh and that note i want to say "Damn its those guys again!" in that reference they killed me faster than i could act plus it seem evade wont work those guys are too accurate lol. but i almost killed the andriod.... almost but the other surrounded and barraged me. Maybe i'll try again when i get a few more powerful units rather than just the two.

Shads
06-03-12, 11:52 PM
Yeah almost but i cant seem to get anymore stats everythings lv300 with 300 base apptitudes , so i just gotta try'n find a way to further stats. As for my magichange thery're doing pretty well i dunno if its acctually helping me though its giving me max stats and all... oh and that note i want to say "Damn its those guys again!" in that reference they killed me faster than i could act plus it seem evade wont work those guys are too accurate lol. but i almost killed the andriod.... almost but the other surrounded and barraged me. Maybe i'll try again when i get a few more powerful units rather than just the two.
Well, I used a monster character when I tried to get maxed, so I could have both Violence and Darkness Pact... and balanced out the stats I was lacking in as much as possible during the final rencarnation etc. Even then, I had to use some boosted Serums and stuff though. =O

Well, the most important thing that magichange can do other than maxing stats is that it can give you enough HP to actually survive many attacks. Though you have to heal after using magichange for that to apply, plus the turns are limited without "Bond of Souls".

...and the Female Fighter can kill even the toughest opponents with a double Super Crosslord, so yeah. =O

As for evasion, I think you must just have been unlucky. It SHOULD give 50% evasion against everything, no matter what (only Candidate Ribbon's effect should be able to override the 50% evasion).

And almost killing the Android is pretty good, since that's probably the toughest one of them all. Especially with its almost limitless special counter-spam. =P

...Also, I'm sure you already know, but... watch out for her "Entertainment Life" ability which activates when only 25% HP remains. It will completely negate ALL non-elemental attacks, making it quite a bit harder to get rid of her last bit of HP.

Black_Dragon
07-03-12, 08:22 PM
Well, I used a monster character when I tried to get maxed, so I could have both Violence and Darkness Pact... and balanced out the stats I was lacking in as much as possible during the final rencarnation etc. Even then, I had to use some boosted Serums and stuff though. =O Well, the most important thing that magichange can do other than maxing stats is that it can give you enough HP to actually survive many attacks. Though you have to heal after using magichange for that to apply, plus the turns are limited without "Bond of Souls". ...and the Female Fighter can kill even the toughest opponents with a double Super Crosslord, so yeah. =O As for evasion, I think you must just have been unlucky. It SHOULD give 50% evasion against everything, no matter what (only Candidate Ribbon's effect should be able to override the 50% evasion). And almost killing the Android is pretty good, since that's probably the toughest one of them all. Especially with its almost limitless special counter-spam. =P ...Also, I'm sure you already know, but... watch out for her "Entertainment Life" ability which activates when only 25% HP remains. It will completely negate ALL non-elemental attacks, making it quite a bit harder to get rid of her last bit of HP. oh..... damn so i need to act quickly then. But they all come charging so my bait gets avoided lol, My guys hardly have any hp as i'm all stat based i'm usually focused on kill the enemy before they kill you ;) but that wasnt the case this time lol my accuracy isnt quite the problem its the damage usually i do millions but.... on 400,000k on your guys although it varies if i can get behind em :). well i guess i try again ....

silvertongue
08-03-12, 04:26 PM
Well I finally bought this today so it should be here tomorrow. Any tips or anything I need to know before I start or is everything pretty much the same as the other games in the series?

Black_Dragon
08-03-12, 08:25 PM
Well I finally bought this today so it should be here tomorrow. Any tips or anything I need to know before I start or is everything pretty much the same as the other games in the series? Hmm lets see ...yeah pretty much, everythings the same (although considering speedwise its a lot faster and the HD sprites are brill ;) ) exept demon fusions and there more requirements to get to the LOC plus the story as always is awesome!. oh yeah like D3 theres a huge patch so you'll need to get that if you want to use some of this game's online features.

Shads
09-03-12, 12:51 AM
oh..... damn so i need to act quickly then. But they all come charging so my bait gets avoided lol, My guys hardly have any hp as i'm all stat based i'm usually focused on kill the enemy before they kill you ;) but that wasnt the case this time lol my accuracy isnt quite the problem its the damage usually i do millions but.... on 400,000k on your guys although it varies if i can get behind em :). well i guess i try again ....
Well, that's why glasscanons are less effective on this map - since these guys can take so many hits, it's hard to outlast them unless you have some great tanks as well. As for HP, that's why LoC monsters are the best for magichanging - while their other stats are lower, they have much more HP than your own created units. And the normal stats can get maxed or close to maxed after the magichange anyway. =P

Also regarding damage... everyone except the android has some kind of damage-reducing ability such as "half damage from magic" or "half damage from elemental attacks" etc. The profesor has a total of 3 damage reducing abilities, so certain attacks will be next to completely useless against her. So yeah... it's pretty important to pay attention to all of their abilities and use the right moves too. =P

...to make it just a little bit worse, two of them (don't remember who) are also part of the Information Bureau.

Well I finally bought this today so it should be here tomorrow. Any tips or anything I need to know before I start or is everything pretty much the same as the other games in the series?
Most of the important things to know concern the post-game/late-game, really. Such as how to acces LoC etc. For the most part, it's pretty much like the other games yeah.

silvertongue
09-03-12, 10:36 AM
To Shads and Black_Dragon thanks for the info. Also it didn't arrive today like I thought it would ...boo. Ah well.

Anyway thanks again.

EDIT:

Actually it's just been delivered via Royal Mail van, a Fuka figure was with it too which is a nice surprise even though I already bought one :)

Black_Dragon
09-03-12, 08:54 PM
@Shads cool i got it but it still no good lol but i'll take a break from trying for now but that aside have you conquered you own map shads? @silver Excellent! im sure you'll fthink its great :) plus you have 2 fuka's figures? its just a great bonus i guess :)

Shads
09-03-12, 11:22 PM
@Shads cool i got it but it still no good lol but i'll take a break from trying for now but that aside have you conquered you own map shads?
Haha, well I made a new map where the Android is the boss and only super-unit ( though there are many other tough units on the map as well ). It's a little easier, but still quite hard. :p

Yup, you always have to beat your own map once before you can upload it. though it was hard for myself to beat it, and I pretty much used the same units and same magichanges that you have to fight against, in order to complete it (but with Bond of Souls ability, no "Dual" and lots of Tera Healing instead etc). Even then, I barely won with just 1 unit + magichange weapon left though.

Black_Dragon
10-03-12, 04:44 PM
Haha, well I made a new map where the Android is the boss and only super-unit ( though there are many other tough units on the map as well ). It's a little easier, but still quite hard. :p Yup, you always have to beat your own map once before you can upload it. though it was hard for myself to beat it, and I pretty much used the same units and same magichanges that you have to fight against, in order to complete it (but with Bond of Souls ability,and lots of Tera Healing instead etc). Even then, I barely won with just 1 unit + magichange weapon left though. Hmm if you had trouble on that map? well i guess its gonna be harder than i was originally thinking i'll give this one a try today ...with better luck i hope EDIT Damn IT i did clear it but.... some guy cleared it before me and not only that took the easy route (btw you genocider somtimes does not magichange with the nekomata thats why that guy cleared it) so i took the liberty of going on his map and.....

Shads
11-03-12, 10:36 AM
Hmm if you had trouble on that map? well i guess its gonna be harder than i was originally thinking i'll give this one a try today ...with better luck i hope EDIT Damn IT i did clear it but.... some guy cleared it before me and not only that took the easy route (btw you genocider somtimes does not magichange with the nekomata thats why that guy cleared it) so i took the liberty of going on his map and.....
Awww, darn it. The Nekomata practically doubles the HP too. This is why I must ALWAYS make it so that you have to wait 2 turns rather than 1. Usually, the dual magichange is done on the first turn, but sometimes it takes 2 for whatever reason. I was thinking since it was only one unit who magichanged, it should be ok.... but apparently not. Gha! Oh well, lesson learned. (guess I have to update this map too now) >_>

...I can't wait for the Pirate Tournament DLC, by the way. WIth that, I can finally unlock all of the geo effects easily, so I can prevent these things from happening without locking the player on to the base panel for two turns.

Oh, speaking of pirates, there is one more thing you could try to do to increase your stats just a little bit more - evil symbols. If you try making your strongest unit the leader of as many evil symbols as possible (with as many other strong members as possible), you might be able to get the last bit of stats required. Just a reminder. =P

Edit: updated the map, so the android gets two turns to magichange now. Also... just to make things a little worse, I replaced the Nekomata with a Bonedragon and gave the android Mist Cloak. I removed the 10% recovery thing so that the android won't go around recovering its lost HP, but since it now has Immortal Body + Mist Cloak, it will take a whole lot less damage instead... making it quite a bit tougher.

Black_Dragon
11-03-12, 05:19 PM
Awww, darn it. The Nekomata practically doubles the HP too. This is why I must ALWAYS make it so that you have to wait 2 turns rather than 1. Usually, the dual magichange is done on the first turn, but sometimes it takes 2 for whatever reason. I was thinking since it was only one unit who magichanged, it should be ok.... but apparently not. Gha! Oh well, lesson learned. (guess I have to update this map too now) >_>

...I can't wait for the Pirate Tournament DLC, by the way. WIth that, I can finally unlock all of the geo effects easily, so I can prevent these things from happening without locking the player on to the base panel for two turns.

Oh, speaking of pirates, there is one more thing you could try to do to increase your stats just a little bit more - evil symbols. If you try making your strongest unit the leader of as many evil symbols as possible (with as many other strong members as possible), you might be able to get the last bit of stats required. Just a reminder. =P

Edit: updated the map, so the android gets two turns to magichange now. Also... just to make things a little worse, I replaced the Nekomata with a Bonedragon and gave the android Mist Cloak. I removed the 10% recovery thing so that the android won't go around recovering its lost HP, but since it now has Immortal Body + Mist Cloak, it will take a whole lot less damage instead... making it quite a bit tougher.

Hmm i usually put my leader in a few evil symbols as all my places are full of units i hardly used but sure :).

Alright those are good changes but it does seem a lot tougher but cool i try your map as soon as i can.

And Yay i got plat on D4 :)

PrismZeo
12-03-12, 10:38 AM
Congrats on the plat Black Dragon!

Hopefully I'll get mine this week too, I've just 4 slayer weapons and 6 ship parts left to collect. Knowing my luck I'll be resetting for half a day like I had to for the legendary Art38: D-Lord just to get 1 of the things I need...

Black_Dragon
12-03-12, 08:25 PM
Congrats on the plat Black Dragon! Hopefully I'll get mine this week too, I've just 4 slayer weapons and 6 ship parts left to collect. Knowing my luck I'll be resetting for half a day like I had to for the legendary Art38: D-Lord just to get 1 of the things I need... Thanks :) it seems you're almost close to the platinum as well :D cool . The slayer weapons are a pain as always, as well as certain ship parts. But i still have a few things left i need to do though.

PrismZeo
13-03-12, 01:15 AM
Turns out the Prinny Pirates actually do exist sometimes, so...Platinum Get!
Thankfully it only took 4 hours of resetting to get the weapons....the user slayer bow just didn't want to show up for me. Plus another 20 mins was spent getting the entries for all the big magichange weapons of monsters I barely used.

Now thats done with I can't wait for the Fuka & Desco mode dlc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD2B4CRkNVk) to come out over here. Guess I might as well finally play the Raspberyl story in Disgaea 3 while I wait...

Shads
13-03-12, 07:36 PM
Congrats on the Platinum! I'll get it myself eventually, though I don't feel like go searching for all the Slayer Weapons right now. So far, I only have one of them I think (the gun). =P

Also updated/altered my map again.

And yeah, we still miss all of the best DLC. We are getting the DLC too slow! =(

Black_Dragon
13-03-12, 09:16 PM
Ah grats knew you could do it zeo! and shads cleared the map but was it nessesary to crush my support pirates :p? i'm more personally interested in the tyrant val story and a certain DLC ;). Also shads how close are you to plat'ing?

Shads
14-03-12, 02:10 AM
Good going, though I actually made yet another one now. xD I still have the last one saved, but the one I've uploaded now will probably stay uploaded for a pretty long time - I think it turned out pretty awesome. I got this evil little idea regarding a certain monster type and its magichange. =D

As for the pirates, I think they weren't put to support when I fought them, since you usually can't duel support pirates. But in any case, I wanted to see how tough they were. :p

And besides getting all the ship parts and such, I think it's like 3 other trophies I don't have. But they shouldn't be too hard. Like... one of them is just unlocking all tiers of all classes. I still haven't unlocked all of the "chicken" and "wolf" tiers. That's easy to do, but I just haven't done it yet. Another one is seeing all moves. I still haven't used all of the magichange moves, basically. But that also easy to do. Finally, there's also the X-Dimension one. I still haven't finished all of those (only 60% or so).

EDIT:

Okay, two things:

1: The Pirate Tournament finally comes to europe... but NOT TO SWEDEN! Aaaaaaarghhhhh!!! =(

2: I actually made another account and imported save-data only to be able to have 2 maps uploaded at the same time. The new one is "HARD_BOSS_MAP". :p

Edit AGAIN:

I used my second PSN account to get the DLC! I made it a "fake" UK-account, so I could download the Pirate Survival!

It's actually pretty challenging since the enemy always starts, but by making a carefully planned out ship and crew, I managed to beat the grand finals. I now have pretty much unlimited CP, and will be able to buy and use everything! YAY! I'll be making some new awesome maps with all the super-expensive geo blocks and such soon. =D

Black_Dragon
16-03-12, 03:15 PM
@shads interesting 2 maps huh? i'll give em a go! and finally maxed out a character, took a while but... i'll upload a little later ;). pirate survival huh.... sounds tough but im hoping with my improved party i'll do better, i'll give it a try later since i have literally no cp :(

Shads
16-03-12, 06:07 PM
@shads interesting 2 maps huh? i'll give em a go! and finally maxed out a character, took a while but... i'll upload a little later ;). pirate survival huh.... sounds tough but im hoping with my improved party i'll do better, i'll give it a try later since i have literally no cp :(
The "Hard_Boss_Map" map will stay the same - it's the map that I thought turned out well before I got the Pirate Survival DLC - while the Shads777 maps will change from time to time. Especially now that I've unlocked everything, I gotta try out some different stuff. Made a map just now, but I'll probably upload another one soon as it didn't turn out QUITE as cool as I wanted it to be. :p

And for the Pirate Survival - make a ship as big as possible and make it as hard as possible for the enemy to reach you. The good thing about Pirate Survival is that you actually control your characters so no stupid AI messing everything up.

There are two big problems, however:

1: Like I mentioned, the enemies always go first. So you have no way of defending yourself during the first turn.

2: When all enemies are defeated (or the turns run out), their ship will blow up... and all ally units on the ship will also die. And dead units stay dead for the next duel too.

So you have to be really careful when invading the enemy ship and make sure everyone's aboard your own ship when you win.

Which pirates you have to face is pretty random, so you can get lucky and only have to beat easy pirates, or you can get really unlucky and have to face the top pirates over and over ( during my very first attempt, I had to face your pirates and the top 2 ones all in a row... and ended up with only one unit left for the duel after that. It all went much better on my second try though.)

You can quit the survival/tournament after any fight, but if you just keep going then there's a total of 20 duels. If you can make it all the way, you should have over a million CP - enough to buy absolutely everything. =D

Edit: Uploaded an interesting new map where survival is more important than anything else. You need to defeat an enemy that can only be defeated by geo blocks, and said enemy will be able to attack you no matter where on the map you are. =P

Black_Dragon
17-03-12, 05:43 PM
The "Hard_Boss_Map" map will stay the same - it's the map that I thought turned out well before I got the Pirate Survival DLC - while the Shads777 maps will change from time to time. Especially now that I've unlocked everything, I gotta try out some different stuff. Made a map just now, but I'll probably upload another one soon as it didn't turn out QUITE as cool as I wanted it to be. :p

And for the Pirate Survival - make a ship as big as possible and make it as hard as possible for the enemy to reach you. The good thing about Pirate Survival is that you actually control your characters so no stupid AI messing everything up.

There are two big problems, however:

1: Like I mentioned, the enemies always go first. So you have no way of defending yourself during the first turn.

2: When all enemies are defeated (or the turns run out), their ship will blow up... and all ally units on the ship will also die. And dead units stay dead for the next duel too.

So you have to be really careful when invading the enemy ship and make sure everyone's aboard your own ship when you win.

Which pirates you have to face is pretty random, so you can get lucky and only have to beat easy pirates, or you can get really unlucky and have to face the top pirates over and over ( during my very first attempt, I had to face your pirates and the top 2 ones all in a row... and ended up with only one unit left for the duel after that. It all went much better on my second try though.)

You can quit the survival/tournament after any fight, but if you just keep going then there's a total of 20 duels. If you can make it all the way, you should have over a million CP - enough to buy absolutely everything. =D

Edit: Uploaded an interesting new map where survival is more important than anything else. You need to defeat an enemy that can only be defeated by geo blocks, and said enemy will be able to attack you no matter where on the map you are. =P

... Oh thats just great i can hardly wait to pawn or be pawned ;) I couldnt heal my self on both maps i almost did one of em but the andriod was again overpowering lol :) oh well lets see the new maps.

Hmm thanks i'll keep that in mind when i'm doing pirate survival! although my only problem still is movement although..
it wont be a problem if they cant get to me

Shads
17-03-12, 09:33 PM
... Oh thats just great i can hardly wait to pawn or be pawned ;) I couldnt heal my self on both maps i almost did one of em but the andriod was again overpowering lol :) oh well lets see the new maps.

Hmm thanks i'll keep that in mind when i'm doing pirate survival! although my only problem still is movement although..
it wont be a problem if they cant get to me
Couldn't heal? That must either be because of Darkness Pact, or at least two Reaper monster units being on the map ( they have an ability that reduces healing effects by 50% ). In the later case, you just need to kill those units in order to be able to heal. :p

Ever tried making any maps yourself by the way?

Black_Dragon
21-03-12, 07:59 PM
Couldn't heal? That must either be because of Darkness Pact, or at least two Reaper monster units being on the map ( they have an ability that reduces healing effects by 50% ). In the later case, you just need to kill those units in order to be able to heal. Ever tried making any maps yourself by the way? hmm probably i wasnt too sure ... the heal is working now anyways it must have just been a bug ... maybe. As for a map.... i did create one but it was way too simple ... i am thinking of creating a flashback map from the dlc stages so im gathering the nessesary units to make it the exact same to some degree

Shads
26-03-12, 03:17 PM
A flashback map? Cool, mind if I ask which map exactly? :p

And are you going to make it harder than the original?

Black_Dragon
28-03-12, 08:16 PM
Well right now theres only the D2 and D3 map so yeah i can only think of a particular battle that took place in holt but there where only the diez gents in the class room map so, i'll leave that Also yep hard but clearable ..... i think.

Rosalyn
31-03-12, 07:15 PM
Pfffffff, how come it seems like there's only one Disgaea 4 avatar on the EU PSN? Give us Flonne, daaaaammmmmmmmmn.

(please <3)

Emerald Emblem
31-03-12, 07:50 PM
Pfffffff, how come it seems like there's only one Disgaea 4 avatar on the EU PSN? Give us Flonne, daaaaammmmmmmmmn.

(please <3)
I dunno, the Prinny Bomb said there were supposed to be 5 avatars (Fuka, Desco, Valvatorez, Flonne and Axel) but we only got Axel, I assume it's a mistake by the EU Store people, but it still sucks that they didn't rectify that mistake this week.

Rosalyn
01-04-12, 11:26 AM
All right, thanks for the info! Wonder who is best to tell about this...we need those avatars! Hopefully one day they'll bless us with the Atelier ones too.

Emerald Emblem
01-04-12, 05:22 PM
The Axel one alone is a positive sign, Atelier and Neptunia mk2 avatars would be sweet to get eventually as well. Here's hoping NISA will give us some more.

Black_Dragon
08-04-12, 04:55 PM
... Man. Shads has now made the impossible to clear maps >_<
oh well i try again at a later stage.

Shads
08-04-12, 09:15 PM
... Man. Shads has now made the impossible to clear maps >_<
oh well i try again at a later stage.
Hahaha. Well, the BOSS_MAP one was so hard that I have some trouble beating it myself - had to try a few times, so yeah. The other one aka the Colloseum-map involves both luck and planning. It's a good idea to have some tough wall-monster defend to lure out the base panel foes, I guess. But yeah, you pretty much need to sacrifice some units too unless the enemies that show up only use normal attacks.

Once you survive long enough, you can warp up and defeat the boss. You need to warp up two real powerhouses for that though. :cool:

Black_Dragon
09-04-12, 08:18 PM
Hahaha. Well, the BOSS_MAP one was so hard that I have some trouble beating it myself - had to try a few times, so yeah. The other one aka the Colloseum-map involves both luck and planning. It's a good idea to have some tough wall-monster defend to lure out the base panel foes, I guess. But yeah, you pretty much need to sacrifice some units too unless the enemies that show up only use normal attacks. Once you survive long enough, you can warp up and defeat the boss. You need to warp up two real powerhouses for that though. Yeah boss map was rather tough i'll probably give that another try. lol although i only have about 2 powerful guys,i try your map again too i have a rough idea of what i can do.

Shads
09-04-12, 10:12 PM
If you give up on the Boss Map one, I kinda doubt anyone will ever beat it so then I'll probably make another slightly easier one. =P

Also, do you have the Pirate Survival DLC?

Black_Dragon
10-04-12, 08:14 PM
Yeah please do ;) and no not yet i still got to get a psn card as well , since i ran dry last week lol.

Shads
11-04-12, 07:10 PM
Done. New boss-map, while being "easier" is still quite hard though. And you need to make use of monster characters to beat it too.

It's important to know that none of the "guard units" can move (except the Bone Dragon at the top). They are all set to "Bombard".

Black_Dragon
11-04-12, 08:18 PM
Great thanks... damn another huge update so i guess its gonna be a while....

Shads
13-04-12, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I wish they actually told you what these patches even do. =O

Black_Dragon
14-04-12, 05:52 PM
Lol true, didnt see another 2gb patch coming :(. Sorry i still cant get on lol the time keeps expanding, i can thank my crappy wirless for that ;) i need to pull my ps3 closer to it so it'll be monday before i can try and attempt your maps.

Till then i make another map as well, i can only think of one more holt village based battle.

Shads
15-04-12, 10:51 PM
Oh, alrighty. Took me about 1 hour to install the patch, but I guess I have a faster connection or something. =O

Also, new DLC is now available once the patch is installed: Petta + Command Attack/Time Attack, Gig, Female Ninjas and some map and pirate ship.

Got Petta and the Female Ninja... and reincarnated my Professor into the top-level Female Ninja instead.

One person actually got very close to completing my Colloseum-map, but failed right at the very end (partly because the Warp-Geo Block was destroyed, probably). Only one person has tried the Boss Map. He did pretty well against most of the "guards" but didn't manage to beat the Bone Dragon in time... resulting in far too many Bone Dragon clones. The actual boss remained untouched.

Black_Dragon
16-04-12, 08:22 PM
@shads ah damn you're charging through it fast, and yeah well mines was 2h then 1h.... then 4h... heck >_< talk about psn pawnage lol... anywho i see... but they were stoped i guess i'll try... when psn stops drinking my blood.

Black_Dragon
18-04-12, 08:49 PM
D4 avatars are up be careful they're mixed*i got flonne so it turned up val so i dunno bout the rest i'll try and get a few more. EDIT kk buying val gets you flonne.

Shads
19-04-12, 10:58 AM
That's kinda messed up. I'm glad the avatars are finally available though.

Also, some person found a cheap way to beat my Colloseum map, so I decided to upload a new one. Stupid Asagi and her stupid gun-range. >_>

...the new one is probably just a little bit harder too, I believe.

Black_Dragon
19-04-12, 08:30 PM
Oh yeah i completely forgot about asagi's infinite range evilty, but yeah that was a rather cheap way to win. heck i still gotta do the map as well oh well. I'll try you're new map as soon as i'm able.

Shads
21-04-12, 01:24 PM
Mwahaha! I hold the records in Command Attack, Command Survival and Time Survival! =D

Also, made my Shads777 map harder again - only because someone actually managed to beat both the last one AND even the Hard_Boss_Map one! =O

...and more people are starting to make hard maps too now it seems.

Black_Dragon
22-04-12, 02:03 PM
Mwahaha! I hold the records in Command Attack, Command Survival and Time Survival! =D

Also, made my Shads777 map harder again - only because someone actually managed to beat both the last one AND even the Hard_Boss_Map one! =O

...and more people are starting to make hard maps too now it seems.

Yeah grats on that and i saw.....
i got ruined too lol

But all i wanna say is WHY's that frikken glitch on the EU ver of disgaea
Now the leader boards are gonna be over run with ... those guys.
Ugh... i thought there was something wrong when i saw the leaderbords.
in case you're wondering It's the item god glitch
you can get your items to about 2mill in stats by killing the item god, general or king, Genacy out and repeat.
and i just checked, and now can confirm it.

Shads
22-04-12, 07:44 PM
Yeah grats on that and i saw.....
i got ruined too lol

But all i wanna say is WHY's that frikken glitch on the EU ver of disgaea
Now the leader boards are gonna be over run with ... those guys.
Ugh... i thought there was something wrong when i saw the leaderbords.
in case you're wondering It's the item god glitch
you can get your items to about 2mill in stats by killing the item god, general or king, Genacy out and repeat.
and i just checked, and now can confirm it.
I actually changed the map again. I realised that boss was a bit too ridiculous with like 4 billion HP and 50% + 40% physical damage reduction combined with 50% magic damaged reduction, area-attack evasion and good elemental resistance. xD

The new one is "the return of the Immortal One" - the bone dragon. He should be a little easier, but not by much though. He now has a horde of zombies-slaves willing to sacrifice themselves for him. =P

...and wait, what? You mean... you can kill them any amount of times? Damn, THAT is stupid! =O

Black_Dragon
23-04-12, 08:00 PM
I actually changed the map again. I realised that boss was a bit too ridiculous with like 4 billion HP and 50% + 40% physical damage reduction combined with 50% magic damaged reduction, area-attack evasion and good elemental resistance. xD The new one is "the return of the Immortal One" - the bone dragon. He should be a little easier, but not by much though. He now has a horde of zombies-slaves willing to sacrifice themselves for him. =P ...and wait, what? You mean... you can kill them any amount of times? Damn, THAT is stupid! =O Yeah unfortunately it is so. with the infinite item god killing they can max out a particular item any one they want to the max of 2 million in each stat without the use of any innocent. oh if you add guardians as well as rararity bonus its max all stats for any 1 particular character, thats why we're at a disadvantage and they'll be able to clear out a map with ease. but yeah i'll give it a try soon :)

Shads
24-04-12, 04:33 PM
Yeah unfortunately it is so. with the infinite item god killing they can max out a particular item any one they want to the max of 2 million in each stat without the use of any innocent. oh if you add guardians as well as rararity bonus its max all stats for any 1 particular character, thats why we're at a disadvantage and they'll be able to clear out a map with ease. but yeah i'll give it a try soon :)
Awww, darn it. And yeah, I tried it out myself today. And sure, it takes lots of Gency's, but... in the end you can easily make an auto-max stat item. >_>

Oh well, I can still make hard enough maps thanks to my awesome Evilty combinations and LoC Magichange weapons! =D

Even a full party with maxed stats won't beat my ultimate magichange units combined that easily. The problem, of course, is that those maps will be completely impossible for anyone who doesn't have a full maxed party though. =/

Black_Dragon
24-04-12, 05:21 PM
Awww, darn it. And yeah, I tried it out myself today. And sure, it takes lots of Gency's, but... in the end you can easily make an auto-max stat item. >_>

Oh well, I can still make hard enough maps thanks to my awesome Evilty combinations and LoC Magichange weapons! =D

Even a full party with maxed stats won't beat my ultimate magichange units combined that easily. The problem, of course, is that those maps will be completely impossible for anyone who doesn't have a full maxed party though. =/

Like myself ;) lol i dont think i'll stand half a chance since i only have one max'd character.

Rosalyn
26-04-12, 09:19 AM
You guys probably already know, but they put more avatars up now. Flonneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3 <3 <3

Emerald Emblem
26-04-12, 07:06 PM
You guys probably already know, but they put more avatars up now. Flonneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3 <3 <3
Black_Dragon mentioned that last page. I'm finally sporting a Desco avatar. <3

Now to wait and see if we get any other NISA avatars, for me Atelier or Hyperdimension Neptunia ones would replace Desco.

Superbuu3
27-04-12, 12:55 AM
I'm super tempted to get this.

Basically i love fire emblem and shining force games, now will this cater to my needs?

Rosalyn
27-04-12, 01:09 PM
Oh yeah, it's really obvious too. xD I did look, but guess blonde moments happen.
Pretty lame they're 40p rather than the usual 20p each for avatars and we had to wait forever to get 'em. v_v

Shads
28-04-12, 02:36 PM
Like myself ;) lol i dont think i'll stand half a chance since i only have one max'd character.
You can always abuse this new method that came with the patch yourself to get maxed stats for more characters. =P

It might be a dumb update, but if they intentionally added such a thing, then you might as well use it.

Black_Dragon
28-04-12, 06:00 PM
I'm super tempted to get this.

Basically i love fire emblem and shining force games, now will this cater to my needs?

You know my answer right ;) but i cant really say if its anything like Shining Force or FE. Hopfully it'll match your expectations or exceed them.

You can always abuse this new method that came with the patch yourself to get maxed stats for more characters. =P

It might be a dumb update, but if they intentionally added such a thing, then you might as well use it.
I dont think it was intentional but i guess i dont have a choice now lol.
but i'm really short of genacys ... so i need to farm before i start.

Shads
28-04-12, 08:09 PM
I dont think it was intentional but i guess i dont have a choice now lol.
but i'm really short of genacys ... so i need to farm before i start.
Well... it wasn't there before this last patch, so it was something that was added with the last patch. That's why I suspect it was intentional. =P

Yeah, I was a bit short on them too. But I farmed like 10 of them today - had some luck with the Item Worlder in Mystery Gates.

Black_Dragon
30-04-12, 08:26 PM
Well yeah i guess. I guess my lucks run dry, but i guess clas.... chara world is faster for farming a bit but ... *Sigh* Damn its taking longer than i first thought, then its the puppy...

Shads
02-05-12, 07:49 PM
Well yeah i guess. I guess my lucks run dry, but i guess clas.... chara world is faster for farming a bit but ... *Sigh* Damn its taking longer than i first thought, then its the puppy...
I actually managed to copy an almost maxed out Trapz with the PPS yesterday. I didn't do it in the chara world though. I've created a character on my Hard_Boss account who wears it and one of my Barefoot X's and always votes Nay unless you give him what you want. So I just try at the Dark Assembly over and over instead to copy. You just gotta **** off all the voters a bit so they also vote Nay. I have a few of my own characters in there too, so I can try to copy from them just in case they vote Nay.

It's still a bit slow, but much faster than the chara world (for me at least).

Also, anyone here ever played Xenosaga? My new Boss_Map map is a "KOS-MOS + T-elos" boss map. :cool:

Superbuu3
06-05-12, 03:51 PM
I'm going to order this but it's out of stock so hopefully i get it in a few weeks.

silvertongue
07-05-12, 07:39 PM
I'm going to order this but it's out of stock so hopefully i get it in a few weeks.

Here you go:

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO%20GAMES/PS3DI11-Disgaea%204%20A%20Promise%20Unforgotten.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koei-Disgaea-Promise-Unforgotten-PS3/dp/B004X17V4A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336419421&sr=8-1

http://www.365games.co.uk/ps3-games/disgaea-4-a-promise-unforgotten-game-ps3

Black_Dragon
10-05-12, 10:10 PM
At last tyrant val flashback story's available so are Nisa and Pram

Shads
11-05-12, 04:16 PM
Oh wow... I think I've outdone myself with my last map. It's as close to impossible as it will ever get in this game, I believe.

For those who might wonder why the heck I made such a map, it's because some kind of "hardest map duel" has started between me and someone with the nickname "AAArion" (or something like that). It all started with him actually beating one of my hardest boss maps which I never thought anyone would ever beat, and then he uploaded one that was even worse himself.

...so I beat his map, and uploaded an even harder map. Which he beat. Then he uploaded a nearly impossible map, until I finally figured out a way to beat it and then uploaded an outright ridiculous map etc.

...his last map REQUIRES you to have 31 movement with a character, the fish with "Glutton", an equipment with "Rubber", the evilty that increases normal attack damage by 100% and maxed attack stats (while the fish is equiped, so no Baal Swords)... in order for the map to even be possible. Luckily, I just so happened to have that fish-sword and an item with rubber, plus my Android would get high enough stats by being "my last unit on the map" etc.

Now I think I've finally managed to create the ultimate freaking masochist map. It took myself over 2 hours and lots of retries to beat it, even though I knew exactly what I had to do everywhere. And you really need to know what to do everywhere in order to beat it too. It's that bad. The map is completely impossible without a Ninja with Cat Step, by the way. And that's just one of many things that has to be done right.

If a week passes without him beating it, I shall claim myself victorious! :cool:

Edit:

Crap, I forgot about Asagi's dumb range again. Now I have to fix that, then beat the hellish map again myself and reupload it. =(

Fixed now.

Black_Dragon
14-05-12, 07:57 PM
Oh i see you found quite the adversary ;) i got to get back it to it too but i gotta clear my backlog first.

Shads
18-05-12, 06:19 PM
Gha... I think I've lost.

That guy finally managed to make a map that I can't beat. It's only because I don't have any "Kinder Gardener" innocent on a Trapz though. You pretty much need one of those, or a "sweet tempter" in order to stand any chance at all. Bawww. =(

Oh well, back to making maps that other people might actually be able to beat.

Superbuu3
18-05-12, 11:09 PM
If it makes you feel any better any map you make i probably couldn't beat and would assume was hellish.

Shads
18-08-12, 10:03 AM
Just noticed that the Bhaal battle, Medic and Necromancer DLCs are out.

Took quite a bit of time, and I haven't really played the game at all lately, so I'm not 100% sure if I'll be getting the new classes. I will get Bhaal at least, however, since his DLC is free. :cool:

Black_Dragon
18-08-12, 06:18 PM
Just noticed that the Bhaal battle, Medic and Necromancer DLCs are out.

Took quite a bit of time, and I haven't really played the game at all lately, so I'm not 100% sure if I'll be getting the new classes. I will get Bhaal at least, however, since his DLC is free. :cool:

Yeah thats all the DLC for D4 out ... late *sigh*
i was kinda hoping for a complete DLC package like D3 had but that seems unlikely.

Well i guess i just thrash baal until.

Black_Dragon
23-11-13, 06:27 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/20/meet-disgaea-4-returns-new-character-nagi-clockwork/