PDA

View Full Version : Atelier Totori

Emerald Emblem
30-04-11, 01:50 PM
Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland

http://chungkingangel.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/atelier_totori_ps3_boxart.png?w=365&h=420

The sequel to Atelier Rorona, set 5 years after the events of Rorona, in which she has a new apprentice alchemist (The Main Character) Totori, whom lives with her father and younger brother. Her goal is to find her mother, an adventurer who went missing years ago.

The game boasts much improved HD graphics (Fully 3D), an improved battle system after taking player complaints into consideration, a steeper difficulty curve and an Adventurers License system to access new areas to gather ingredients.

Released in Japan on June 24th 2011

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/108/1080037/first-look-atelier-totorio-20100326002107188_640w.jpghttp://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/108/1080037/first-look-atelier-totorio-20100326002143311_640w.jpghttp://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/108/1080037/first-look-atelier-totorio-20100326002202279_640w.jpghttp://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/108/1080037/first-look-atelier-totorio-20100326002151842_640w.jpg

Already looks better than Rorona, I have to try and get the good ending for it at some point. Gust are getting better at visually appealing 3D graphics I have to say, I wish Ar Tonelico looked as nice as this.

Celedin
30-04-11, 09:47 PM
Released in Japan on June 24th 2011

2011 eh? : P

I can't wait for Totori to get released here~ I think I read in an interview somewhere that part of the reason Rorona took so long to be released in the West was because Gust was really focusing on technically improving Totori over Rorona and AT3.

Emerald Emblem
01-05-11, 03:18 PM

I can't wait for Totori to get released here~ I think I read in an interview somewhere that part of the reason Rorona took so long to be released in the West was because Gust was really focusing on technically improving Totori over Rorona and AT3.
The proof is in the screenshots, shame Ar Tonelico Qoga was made a little too early for this proper HD treatment.

Celedin
01-05-11, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I hope we see another RPG from Gust that looks as good as Meruru does.

I imagine Totori will be announced when NISA does their summer announcements in a few months, probably along with the first of the imageepoch titles and maybe ClaDun 2.

ManaAlchemist
02-05-11, 05:19 PM

The proof is in the screenshots, shame Ar Tonelico Qoga was made a little too early for this proper HD treatment.

Well it's as was said in an interview Siliconera did with NISA, when they asked about why Neptunia was localized fast compared to Rorona:

There are good reasons for this discrepancy. When we work together with any developer, their schedule for programming availability needs to be taken into account as well. With Rorona, Gust was really busy overhauling their engine for Atelier Totori in Japan. With Hyperdimension Neptunia, Idea Factory happened to have an opening as soon as we were done with the edit on our end. That’s the gist of it.

But anyways i found Atelier Rorona to be beautiful and really awesome, and Totori & Meruru seems to be even more epic. :D

But didn't someone at NISA say that Totori should be released in the US around fall? I kinda think i read something like that a while ago, and i certainly hope that it'll be out before the year is over here.

And am i the only one who's jealous of the awesome limited Atelier paperweights japan has gotten (and will get)? :P

Black_Dragon
02-05-11, 09:39 PM
oh totori .... man i still gotta finish rorona *sigh*
unfortunately its being borrowed right now so i couldn't do it even if i wanted

but that aside i hope nisa get this soon....

Celedin
07-05-11, 08:29 AM
The NISA Press Event is next Friday (The 13th.... o___o)! Fingers crossed for Totori!

Black_Dragon
07-05-11, 11:11 AM
The NISA Press Event is next Friday (The 13th.... o___o)! Fingers crossed for Totori!

heres hoping ....

silvertongue
07-05-11, 12:28 PM
Those screenshots look amazing. Definitely would love those paperweights!

Zalwis
08-05-11, 12:22 PM
The funny thing is that Meruru looks 100 times better than Totori. They've most certainly improved with their engine and the game itself has drastically improved over the original Rorona where they improved on pretty much all of the negative aspects of the gameplay.

I'm told that there's three games being announced next Friday from NISA, two are 'expected' and 1 is 'unknown'. Totori and Cladun 2 are more than likely the 'obvious' ones though there's a bit of speculation over their third title. I've heard a rumour that it may be Neptunia 2 getting a release around the same time as Japan but I doubt this is true. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Celedin
13-05-11, 09:27 PM
It's official! "Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland."
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/13/atelier-totori-adventures-to-north-america-and-europe-this-fall/

Emerald Emblem
13-05-11, 10:23 PM
Awesome, changed the title to reflect the name change

ManaAlchemist
14-05-11, 07:07 AM
Gah, can't summer be over soon so that i can get my hands on that game. :D

silvertongue
14-05-11, 04:38 PM
Whoop whoop! Great news :)

Celedin
06-06-11, 09:45 PM
This isn't exactly Totori related but I thought you guys might like to see what arrived at home the other day ; )

http://i.imgur.com/0BOQcl.jpg

Zalwis
06-06-11, 10:32 PM
Nothing arrived the other day? Congrats... I think?

Celedin
06-06-11, 10:42 PM
Huh, I attached a picture...

Zalwis
07-06-11, 02:33 AM
Thar be no image, capn'.

ManaAlchemist
07-06-11, 07:28 AM
Actually i can see the picture. Some kind of Rorona poster or artbook or something i believe it is? :p

Celedin
07-06-11, 07:36 AM
Weird... Are you blocking anything in your browser Zalwis?

But yeah, it's the Atelier Chronicle artbook that was recently released in English! It covers all the major releases in the series and there's a lot of commentary, interviews and such.

silvertongue
07-06-11, 10:07 AM
I like it. I'm a sucker for all things artwork and the like!

Zalwis
07-06-11, 12:39 PM
Nope, ABP and NoScript aren't blocking anything from this site currently. Nice to see someone else picked up that book though, got mine through about a week ago - very nice book I must say.

Celedin
07-06-11, 02:33 PM
Oh, you guys got it too? Thought I'd throw a heads-up out in case anyone was interested XD

It's really interesting to see the history of the series though it would be kind of nice if the foreword was re-written for the English release, talking about getting their releases in the west or something.

Emerald Emblem
16-06-11, 04:22 PM
I can buy this game with no lingering doubts, just beat the first game and saw the true ending. Some of these specific endings are quite the challenge though, I missed the pie ending because I ran out of time.

Leady FF ^^
16-06-11, 04:39 PM
Have to say the graphics on this are a great upgrade on Rorona ^^

Black_Dragon
17-06-11, 04:17 PM
By the way what do we get with the pre order bonus this time?
artbook and soundtrack like rorona or just art book?

silvertongue
18-06-11, 11:57 AM
Is there a pre-order bonus this time?

Zalwis
18-06-11, 02:23 PM
There's not even a pre-order reminder on the NISA store yet so you'll have to wait a while to see what we'll end up getting. Probably just the usual generic artbook/soundtrack combo.

ManaAlchemist
18-06-11, 04:02 PM
There's not even a pre-order reminder on the NISA store yet so you'll have to wait a while to see what we'll end up getting. Probably just the usual generic artbook/soundtrack combo.

That'll be for the US (and importers), and i'm guessing that Black_Dragon is asking about a pre-order bonus for UK.

But i guess the UK bonus probably will be a mini artbook, if there'll be one, like most NISA games that are released in Europe.

Zalwis
18-06-11, 04:37 PM
NISA are the publishers of the game, Tecmo-Koei are just the distributors so whatever NISA ends up putting out as their LE package we will receive the same. See AT3/Neptunia etc. with identical art books and such... Well I say identical but our art books are paperback and about half the size of the American ones but the point still stands.

ManaAlchemist
18-06-11, 05:29 PM
NISA are the publishers of the game, Tecmo-Koei are just the distributors so whatever NISA ends up putting out as their LE package we will receive the same. See AT3/Neptunia etc. with identical art books and such... Well I say identical but our art books are paperback and about half the size of the American ones but the point still stands.

Well as it's only been the UK that's gotten those art books, i haven't been able to get one, and so i didn't know if they were the same as the american ones. But then i guess it's very likely that it'll be the same as the american version if AT3 and Neptunia had the same pre-order bonus in the US and UK.

Celedin
19-06-11, 10:31 PM
I hope we get the same as we did for Ar Tonelico - pack-in CD and artbook. That much at least, and I'll be happy. Though I wouldn't mind a slip-case with some alternative cover art as well, I just love the art for the Arland series.

ManaAlchemist
20-06-11, 06:10 PM
Oh, you guys got it too? Thought I'd throw a heads-up out in case anyone was interested XD

It's really interesting to see the history of the series though it would be kind of nice if the foreword was re-written for the English release, talking about getting their releases in the west or something.

So would you guys say it's worth about 60$? I found the book at one of the few manga/anime stores here when i was picking up my Queen's Blade DVD, and it had me drooling like crazy. :p

Only reason i didn't buy it was since i thought I'd be able to get it cheaper by importing it myself, but it seems like it'll cost me at least 75$ if i import it myself, so I'm thinking of picking it up later this week. :D

To bad it didn't have any Totori stuff in it though, since that'll be out soon, and would have fit in. :p

Celedin
20-06-11, 07:35 PM
So would you guys say it's worth about 60$? I found the book at one of the few manga/anime stores here when i was picking up my Queen's Blade DVD, and it had me drooling like crazy. :p

Only reason i didn't buy it was since i thought I'd be able to get it cheaper by importing it myself, but it seems like it'll cost me at least 75$ if i import it myself, so I'm thinking of picking it up later this week. :D

To bad it didn't have any Totori stuff in it though, since that'll be out soon, and would have fit in. :p

That's a little more than what I paid, but I'd say it's worth it. A must-have for Atelier fans by any means! ; ) It is a shame about the lack of Totori but the original book was only released a few months after Rorona's release in Japan so it's to be expected. There is however, a -gorgeous- Rorona + Totori artbook out there...

Speaking of Totori, she and Hom came to visit today! ;p

http://i.imgur.com/riDkAl.jpg

(There is a picture above : P)

Zalwis
21-06-11, 05:33 PM

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9781926778204/Atelier-Series

Merry Christmas.

Black_Dragon
22-06-11, 08:52 PM
thats one cool figure its a neindroid right?

Celedin
22-06-11, 09:42 PM

Merry Christmas.

Ah yeah, I forgot they offered free worldwide shipping there! XD

thats one cool figure its a neindroid right?

Yeah, a Nendoroid. Recently released so there should still be some left in-stock if anyone is interested.

ManaAlchemist
23-06-11, 09:48 AM

Merry Christmas.

Aw damn, i was to impatient. :p Ended up buying the book here, but oh well, the book is awesome anyways. :D But maybe i should buy another one and give myself it as a christmas gift. xD

But it also makes me miss Futaba Jun's designs. Sure Mana Khemia and the Arland series has nice art to, but it was partly Jun's style that got me into the series, and I'd really like to see them use his art in the future again, hopefully after that Atelier game intended for girls. :p

Black_Dragon
23-06-11, 08:56 PM
cool i suppose i'll pick it up then as well but first i seriously need to finish rorona :[.i fogot but does anyone when is totori going to be released again?

Celedin
23-06-11, 09:07 PM
I think it was September/October for us?

Emerald Emblem
24-06-11, 03:16 PM
Fall 2011 is the release date, but since Disgaea 4 is coming out the same month it'll likely be a few weeks before or after that.

ManaAlchemist
24-06-11, 04:07 PM
Fall 2011 is the release date, but since Disgaea 4 is coming out the same month it'll likely be a few weeks before or after that.

Huh, they'll be released in the same month? Hasn't the only release date "Fall 2011" been announced for both, and not anything about the same month? :confused:

Because i think there probably will be at least a month or two between them sadly. Though still, it wouldn't be to good for fans of both series if they were released very close to each other, as one wouldn't be able to concentrate on playing both of them. :p

Well at least not, unless if you're like Keima from The World God Only Knows and able to play many games at the same time. :D

Black_Dragon
24-06-11, 05:31 PM
Hmm Fall 2011... so somewhere on september or october as celedin huh ?cool. Well that gives me some time then,

Also I personaly wouldnt mind if Totori and D4 came out on the same month as i usually concontrate on more than 3 games at once that way i dont get bored.
But most likely they wont be on the same month maybe... Anyhow thanks for the info guys :)

Emerald Emblem
24-06-11, 08:49 PM
Gah! I said month didn't I? I meant season. >.>;;

Celedin
24-06-11, 10:54 PM
NISA do have a pretty hectic schedule for the upcoming months (Five games in three months!) and Totori is last on that list so it'll probably be late October like Rorona was. Let's just hope that the games that come before it don't get delayed!

silvertongue
04-07-11, 10:01 AM
Do we know of any pre-order bonuses yet with Totori?

Zalwis
04-07-11, 06:48 PM
Do we know of any pre-order bonuses yet with Totori?

Nothing yet, it's just a matter of waiting for NISA to update their site unfortunately.

silvertongue
04-07-11, 07:24 PM
Nothing yet, it's just a matter of waiting for NISA to update their site unfortunately.

Ah right, good to know I haven't missed anything :)

ManaAlchemist
04-07-11, 08:55 PM
This kinda might be quite off-topic, but i thought I'd mention it anyways.

There's a pretty good detective anime that's just started, called "Kami-sama no Memo-chō", with designs by Kishida Mel, so the style resembles the latest Atelier games in the Arland series.

So I'd definitely say that it's nice to see a series with designs resembling the atelier games, and the "Neet Detective" perspective Kami-sama no Memo-chō is going with is kinda interesting, so I'd recommend watching it if you guys like Kishida Mel's style. And it'll be a way to keep oneself occupied until Atelier Totori at least. :D

Though there's only one episode of the series so far, so who knows what it'll turn out like later. :P

Celedin
19-07-11, 07:40 AM
English Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/AAhS6GPM0WQ

US Limited Edition is the same as Rorona: artbook, soundtrack and the big box.

ManaAlchemist
19-07-11, 04:44 PM
English Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/AAhS6GPM0WQ

US Limited Edition is the same as Rorona: artbook, soundtrack and the big box.

Hmm... Now the question is, should one import it or not. Well i guess importing is the way to go since it'll be cheaper and more or less only the people in UK might get any bonus stuff here in europe, but if it has DLC, it'd be nice to get that too. :S

I guess getting both might be the best choice, though a bit pricey.

Rosalyn
09-08-11, 07:32 PM
I'm unsure of what to do too. On one hand it would be nice to support this sort of thing in Europe, but on the over hand I'm very keen to get my hands on Totori (bad wording) as soon as possible. If only the date for Totori and Disgaea 4 was known. That would help.

Celedin
09-08-11, 10:47 PM
Well Rorona came out here late October, so I imagine it'll be around then. But don't forget that Totori has DLC so if you import you'll have to get all your DLC via the US store.

Rosalyn
10-08-11, 09:02 AM
Is that so? Guess they won't include it on the disc in the west, huh? :/

Thanks a lot for the info. Guess I'll try and hold my horses on picking it up.

Celedin
10-08-11, 09:44 AM
Nah, I don't think NISA has mentioned anything and I'm not sure we'll get anymore special treatment like we used to, especially now these releases are becoming more routine.

At least the releases aren't months apart like they used to be ; )

Black_Dragon
10-08-11, 04:07 PM
The trailer was .... ok but it showed little gamplay oh well... but as i said before what can we expect as our pre order bonus? will it be similar to the US?

Superbuu3
11-08-11, 01:01 AM
Is that so? Guess they won't include it on the disc in the west, huh? :/

Thanks a lot for the info. Guess I'll try and hold my horses on picking it up.
If its getting an EU release wait for it, firstly there's the problem of DLC. Secondly you want this game to have decent sales cross continent. Also if your lucky we may get extras they won't.

Unless you got your eye on a specific collector edition which is currently US or JPN only don't bother.

Celedin
11-08-11, 11:22 AM
Just got an email from GAME saying that Totori will be released on 30th September!

Rosalyn
11-08-11, 12:14 PM
Just got an email from GAME saying that Totori will be released on 30th September!

Aw, fantastic! That's wonderful news, thanks for sharing.

Celedin
16-08-11, 11:05 AM
There's a new trailer on the Totori website!

http://www.nisamerica.com/games/atelier-totori/

silvertongue
16-08-11, 12:53 PM
There's a new trailer on the Totori website!

http://www.nisamerica.com/games/atelier-totori/

Thanks for the link however I can't get it to play so I You Tubed it. Looking very nice. It's a shame that there's no mention of a Premium Edition in Europe.

Zalwis
26-08-11, 03:51 AM
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Atelier-Totori-PS3-Premium-Set

Leady FF ^^
26-08-11, 12:02 PM
Just been looking at the softcover art-book for this. We will try and get it up as a pre-order incentive for you guys in UK.

Rosalyn
26-08-11, 03:11 PM
Just been looking at the softcover art-book for this. We will try and get it up as a pre-order incentive for you guys in UK.

Love you big-time for saying that. Even if you don't manage it. :)

Their special edition is just yum.

Zalwis
26-08-11, 06:04 PM

I don't mean to sound like an ass but is that the actual artbook that the US is getting or will it be like AT3 where the artbook was about half the size? Seemed rather cheap in comparison, to be honest.

ManaAlchemist
26-08-11, 06:24 PM
Just pre-ordered the US LE since it ends up a lot cheaper than buying it here in sweden (and it won't come with anything special here), but I'll probably get the game here too later to get the DLC stuff.

Emerald Emblem
26-08-11, 06:48 PM
You sure like to make it harder to save money don't you? lol, Knowing it'll be Game exclusive and Shopto taking pre-orders at £32.85 when it's £39.99 at Game...Save some money or get an artbook...*pulls at hair*

Rosalyn
26-08-11, 06:49 PM
Urgh...I hope that it won't be GAME exclusive. I'd probably still go for the Shopto. Unless it was the same as the American limited edition.

Emerald Emblem
26-08-11, 07:37 PM
Urgh...I hope that it won't be GAME exclusive. I'd probably still go for the Shopto. Unless it was the same as the American limited edition.
I've looked round, doesn't seem to be a UK special edition. So like other games I assume if the artbook is here it'll be a simple pre-order bonus exclusive to GAME, but then again the US premium edition looks sexy so I might splash out on it, since I don't think it got DLC I'd want to get.

ManaAlchemist
27-08-11, 05:50 AM
Well Leady said "We will try and get it up as a pre-order incentive for you guys in UK." which probably means that there will only be a "pre-order incentive" for the UK, and no LE.

And sadly NISA hasn't put out any LE's in europe so far, so i think it'll probably be a while until they do such. :( And even more sad, it'll probably be exclusive to the UK then.

But oh well, there's always the option of importing nowdays. :p

Celedin
10-09-11, 12:37 PM
Totori artbook for preorders is up on the GAME website now!

http://www.game.co.uk/en/atelier-totori-131845

Emerald Emblem
10-09-11, 12:52 PM
And £7.17 more expensive than ShopTo. So it's really all down to what you want, 30 page artbook or early delivery.

Rosalyn
11-09-11, 06:57 PM
Nice! Wish it was with cheaper retailers, though.

ManaAlchemist
11-09-11, 07:24 PM
Nice! Wish it was with cheaper retailers, though.

Myself i wish it was at a retailer that didn't go with "UK Only", but oh well.
At least I'm getting the US LE box, but i wonder what to do with that game as I'm getting the PAL edition too for DLC.

Then again, the atelier games are so damn good that i should platinum both the US game and PAL one. :P

Rosalyn
23-09-11, 05:28 PM
Anybody else get an email saying their copy has been mailed...? Getting it sent first class, so it might be here tomorrow. I never heard of a game coming so early before. Very happy about it, but it almost seems too good to be true, haha. :p

Emerald Emblem
23-09-11, 08:50 PM
I went for the GAME pre-order bonus, could still be a ways off yet.

Rosalyn
24-09-11, 12:55 PM
Waaah! It actually came!! It's so purrdy...<3 I've played it for around an hour, it's really nice so far. You guys will love it if you enjoyed Rorona. :)

Hm, always had GAME get me my orders on time for release day. I hope they send your your copy early too!

Emerald Emblem
24-09-11, 02:53 PM
That's good to hear, 3 days earlier than the US you lucky thing you.

Rosalyn
24-09-11, 04:07 PM
Heehee, yup! It's nice to get something before them for once. I can see why Totori herself seems to be the fan favorite in Japan. She is absolutely adorable...<3
She didn't seem so cute from what I'd seen before.

Emerald Emblem
25-09-11, 03:53 PM
I have a major backlog, only just over halfway through Dead Island, only played about 1 hour of Agarest Zero and going through a few VN's on my PC. Atelier Totori this friday as well as FIFA 12. Getting a 3DS round my birthday and Tales of the Abyss as well as Disgaea 4 in November. It's just so unfair, I'm making the money to buy things but the time has been drastically cut.

I might have to miss out on a few titles till the gaming quiet period.

Rosalyn
25-09-11, 04:33 PM
Aw, that sucks. Sorry to hear you don't have time to finish your games. :/

Enjoying Totori, but I'm finding it harder than Rorona so far.

Emerald Emblem
25-09-11, 04:39 PM
That's nice of you. ;3
Regardless I'll be getting Totori and playing it as soon as it arrives as it's a game I've highly anticipated. But how is it more difficult?

Rosalyn
25-09-11, 04:53 PM
As far as I could see there's no where to buy skills, or weapons. So Totori and ???? have to go fight at level 1 with no skills against beasts that won't level you terribly quickly, and after about four fights you'll definitely wanna be heading home.

Skills use MP rather than HP (when you do get a character with a skill), and ??? doesn't have much in the way of magic points. :p

Tutorials are rather brief, I think that if it wasn't for having played Rorona first I think I'd be feeling kind of lost.

I'm sure it will probably become much easier once you can get some skills, though.

Still. Very happy with the game so far. :)

Emerald Emblem
25-09-11, 04:58 PM
Were you allowed to explore before going out to that dungeon? After all the blacksmith was next door to the workshop, was it not there any more?

But the tutorials sound like a bit of an issue, but it's not like Rorona was hard to find or anything online, since it's a direct sequel it makes sense to brief the tutorials.

Rosalyn
25-09-11, 05:05 PM
Explore the village? Yeah. Could only find three buildings that could be entered, though. Oh, a nice thing is that there are one or two places you can keep returning to for free items in the village. For example; a well that you can keep getting water from. :)

Atelier Totori takes place in a fishing village rather than the same settlement as Rorona (within the kingdom of Arland).

Emerald Emblem
25-09-11, 05:06 PM
So it's a sequel from the normal end?

Rosalyn
25-09-11, 05:07 PM
I think Totori takes place two years later? It doesn't actually say, but I think I remember reading that. I guess it could be from the normal end. :)

Emerald Emblem
25-09-11, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I think it takes place 5 years later from my research.

Oh, a nice thing is that there are one or two places you can keep returning to for free items in the village. For example; a well that you can keep getting water from. :)
There was a well to get free water in Rorona you know. Just next to the stairs on the way to the sundries shop. :p

Rosalyn
25-09-11, 05:13 PM
Five? Whoa, my bad.

Hahahaha, wow....I never know that. I always brought it. xD
I've actually got the platinum for Rorona and I didn't notice in all that time. I've even done a run through since I got the platinum, and still didn't notice....

Uh, maybe I'll have another look for a weapons shop later. x3

Emerald Emblem
25-09-11, 05:15 PM
Sounds like a plan, I mean you can always start over when you find out if it takes too much time and scuppers up your first playthrough.

Yeah, I found out about the well after being able to fish water from a well in the field.

Celedin
25-09-11, 06:01 PM
You're so lucky to have it so early Rosalyn... D:

Rosalyn
25-09-11, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I still can hardly believe it came so quick. :s

I hope they all send your copies out early too. I'll be trusting that site (ShopTo.net) with my preorders more from now on, hehe. Last time I preordered with them they messed up a bit, so I'm that bit extra surprised.

Emerald Emblem
25-09-11, 06:06 PM
ShopTo? Seriously?
The artbook made me swap my pre-order from ShopTo to GAME. Maaaaaan.

Celedin
25-09-11, 06:10 PM
Haha yeah, I went with GAME since they always get the preorder bonus ;p I've never had a game that early from ShopTo before though! The earliest I've ever got from ShopTo was the Monday of the game's release.

Emerald Emblem
25-09-11, 06:19 PM
OMG! Cancel your GAME pre-order Celedin! I just found this:
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/playstation-3/atelier-totori-with-preorder-bonus-art-book/_/PX6134/productpage.html

Save £3 and get an artbook.

Rosalyn
25-09-11, 06:23 PM
ShopTo? Seriously?
The artbook made me swap my pre-order from ShopTo to GAME. Maaaaaan.

Aw, that is harsh. :/ Sorry to hear that.

Nice find! I never saw that site before. Any body know how fast they are? It seems there are a lot of good prices on there.

Emerald Emblem
25-09-11, 06:27 PM
Placed my order, also decided to go with courier delivery, just slightly more expensive than Game standard delivery.

Celedin
25-09-11, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up Emerald! : D

Well GAME, Gameplay and GameStation are all part of the GAME group, which is why they all have the artbook. I used them a lot before I started using GAME and then ShopTo more often but back then you had to pay 99p for first class delivery and it'd usually arrive the day before too but I haven't used GamePlay for a while now so I can't say what it's like now.

Emerald Emblem
25-09-11, 06:52 PM
I noted that they no longer have standard delivery, they have either first class or courier, first class is free now. I have a gameplay account and have done for ages but haven't ordered from them in over 2 years.

Celedin
25-09-11, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I couldn't remember my password and had to change it to get on there XD

Rosalyn
26-09-11, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the info. :)

Totori finally got her first skill (for reaching level 10) and it's a passive one...xD

Emerald Emblem
26-09-11, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the info. :)

Totori finally got her first skill (for reaching level 10) and it's a passive one...xD
Find a weapon shop yet?

Rosalyn
26-09-11, 05:30 PM
I can now travel to Arland, but it takes loads of days. Not found one in the village yet. ^^;

Emerald Emblem
26-09-11, 05:36 PM
Hmmm...That sounds like a problem.

Rosalyn
26-09-11, 05:39 PM
Yeah. I'm kinda hoping that I'm just being dense somehow. I'm looking forwards to more people getting it, I'm sure somebody will have some helpful advice.

Emerald Emblem
26-09-11, 05:41 PM
I'm getting mine via courier, hope it dispatches Wednesday at the latest.

Rosalyn
26-09-11, 06:05 PM
I traveled to Arland, but gramps didn't have any upgrades. ;_;
Oh, well. I'll just keep to the easy areas for now.

Emerald Emblem
26-09-11, 06:11 PM
I bet you'll get into it, just need to get used to the game and when you do doing multiple playthroughs won't be as tedious.

Rosalyn
26-09-11, 07:06 PM
It is starting to make a bit more sense to me now/getting easier. I felt better in that last play session. :)

Emerald Emblem
26-09-11, 07:53 PM
Good to hear, thank you for posting your playthrough thoughts though, it makes me eager to get my copy. ;P

Rosalyn
26-09-11, 07:58 PM
You're most welcome. I hope you get off to a better start with the battles than I did, haha. :)
It'll be nice to hear how you like it. It isn't really funny like Rorona was, but the scenes are still really good. It seems to take itself a bit more seriously, and wow....I still can't get over how purdy it is...<3

Emerald Emblem
26-09-11, 08:02 PM
I know that Cordelia and the chef are going to be DLC in this game, will get Cordelia without a doubt.

Yeah I'll post my impressions when I get it, sucks I have an early Saturday shift at work so I can't spend the weekend on it.

Rosalyn
26-09-11, 08:06 PM
Considering getting that pack myself. :) I never picked up a character pack before on an RPG before, so kinda curious how they go.

You're a Cory fan? But she's so moody, haha. :p

Emerald Emblem
26-09-11, 08:10 PM
I have a soft spot for tsundere's :p

Black_Dragon
26-09-11, 08:39 PM
i'll pass on this till i can focus on my backlog of nis games
(and finishing rorona) but ... meruru has my interest not sure if i should just import that instead.

Rosalyn
26-09-11, 08:41 PM
Meruru looks so damn good...I almost wanna import it too, even though I understand very little Japanese and read none. It just looks so purdy...<3

Don't you wanna get Totori first?

Emerald Emblem
26-09-11, 09:01 PM
Meruru herself's design is so freaking adorable, I saw some Atelier Arland keyboards, tempted to buy one but a bit expensive at £80 each which doesn't include delivery costs and import tax.

Rosalyn
26-09-11, 09:08 PM
.....o_o Atelier keyboard...<3

No, must not at that price...

Have you seen this cosplay? It's so purdy. http://jrpgtribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/46006523.jpg

Emerald Emblem
26-09-11, 09:12 PM
Rorona:
http://image.rakuten.co.jp/bigbe/cabinet/2011_17/54638.jpg

Totori:
http://image.rakuten.co.jp/bigbe/cabinet/2011_17/54639.jpg

Meruru:
http://image.rakuten.co.jp/bigbe/cabinet/2011_17/54640.jpg

Merle:
http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/bigbe/cabinet/2011_17/54641.jpg

Seriously good looking keyboards, it's just so tempting.

And yes, the Japanese are the ultimate cosplayers.

Celedin
26-09-11, 09:27 PM
I know that Cordelia and the chef are going to be DLC in this game, will get Cordelia without a doubt.

Yeah I'll post my impressions when I get it, sucks I have an early Saturday shift at work so I can't spend the weekend on it.

There's story DLC for this one too right? I'll probably get all the DLC for Totori. Anything with Gust's name on, I will throw money at XD

Rosalyn
26-09-11, 10:02 PM
I think there is just DLC for her sister to be playable, Iksy, Cory, and the ability to change the music in the background within your workshop. Could be wrong, though.

Hm, I'm not too impressed by the keyboards, I thought they'd be cuter.

Celedin
26-09-11, 10:46 PM
Ah~ Maybe I'm thinking of something else then...

I would totally get the Totori keyboard if I had that kind of disposable income XD

Zalwis
27-09-11, 06:54 AM
Hm, I'm not too impressed by the keyboards, I thought they'd be cuter.

Probably because they're not specially designed, they've just grabbed a bog-standard cheapy keyboard and thrown a pre-existing illustration onto it. For the price tag I personally wouldn't bother since you could get a lot more (and better) other stuff but to each their own I guess.

Rosalyn
27-09-11, 11:33 AM
I could be wrong. :p

Yeah, the keyboards themselves look fairly naff and the way they plastered on the designs seems lazy. :|

Celedin
27-09-11, 03:46 PM
I just got my dispatch email~ >D

Emerald Emblem
27-09-11, 05:26 PM
Forgot to cancel my GAME pre-order. :p
Got the dispatch email from them round the same time as Celedin, now to hope I can cancel my Gameplay order otherwise I'll have two copies and two artbooks.

Rosalyn
27-09-11, 08:34 PM
Nice one, both. :)

Emerald Emblem
28-09-11, 01:35 PM
Looks like I'll be having those 2 copies of the game and two artbooks, but I can always return one I guess.

Rosalyn
28-09-11, 02:00 PM
Ack, sorry to hear that. :/

Emerald Emblem
28-09-11, 02:00 PM
It's cool, whichever comes first I'll keep and return the other.

Celedin
28-09-11, 02:02 PM
Looks like the US got all the Totori DLC (as well as Neptunia avatars) : O And of course, we get nothing : (

Emerald Emblem
28-09-11, 02:19 PM
Looks like the US got all the Totori DLC (as well as Neptunia avatars) : O And of course, we get nothing : (
The game hasn't even been released here to be fair.

Celedin
28-09-11, 03:26 PM
True, but it is release week for us too, so getting it today would be the equivalent of it since the store rarely updates outside of Wednesdays. That said, I don't really mind when it comes, I just wish there was more communication about things like that.

Emerald Emblem
28-09-11, 05:34 PM
Gameplay confirmed my dispatch, so it looks like my Game order going back to the store, though who knows, I could sell it at a later date and get more money for it.

Black_Dragon
28-09-11, 08:57 PM
Meruru looks so damn good...I almost wanna import it too, even though I understand very little Japanese and read none. It just looks so purdy...<3

Don't you wanna get Totori first?

maybe later as soon as i clear my backlog

Emerald Emblem
29-09-11, 07:34 AM
Well my Gameplay order arrived a few minutes ago, it's definitely the one I'll return, since there was no artbook. :<

Since my Game order was one of the first for the artbook I expect to get one with that.

Celedin
29-09-11, 11:07 AM
My Totori arrived with no artbook as well! D: However, sometimes they send them separately (They did for Sakura Wars) so hopefully they'll arrive soon. Otherwise we'll just have to kick up a fuss : P

PrismZeo
29-09-11, 11:44 AM
My copy arrived today too, perfect timing since I only just finished Atelier Rorona 2 days ago. There was supposed to be an artbook with GAME preorders right? Mine must be invisible....

My Totori arrived with no artbook as well! D: However, sometimes they send them separately (They did for Sakura Wars) so hopefully they'll arrive soon. Otherwise we'll just have to kick up a fuss : P

They did that with my Ocarina of Time 3D preorder bonus too...they really should start mentioning if the bonus might be delivered separately. I hope thats all thats happening because I really don't like contacting customer service.

Emerald Emblem
29-09-11, 02:19 PM
Relief for me then, my Game order was here and no artbook. I was about to kick up a stink about it.

Celedin
29-09-11, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I think they only made mention of the Ocarina bonus after so many people kicked up a fuss about it not being included but I don't think the three of us can manage that! Maybe they're just streamlining their dispatch process so it's not included with the game or something. Everyone be on Artbook watch! ;p

PrismZeo
29-09-11, 07:13 PM
Just started playing the game now, seems great so far but I can see this time passing while gathering and fighting catching me out later. Also the Barrel squirrel confuses me....that thing looks nothing like a squirrel!

Oh and its nice that the main character says "Barrel" when looking at barrels again, I missed hearing that in the last game :)

Celedin
29-09-11, 08:30 PM
Haha, everything you wrote is exactly what I was thinking about the game XD

Emerald Emblem
29-09-11, 09:23 PM
2 hours spent and enjoyed, though the time passing is kinda strange, why take half a day to gather ingredients and only a quarter of that fighting monsters?

Celedin
30-09-11, 10:26 AM
Day 1 of Artbook Watch: Nothing in the post D:

Emerald Emblem
30-09-11, 02:25 PM
No post at all here.

ManaAlchemist
01-10-11, 04:28 PM
Damn you guys are lucky to already have the game. Because of the american delay, my copy from NISA hasn't shipped yet. :( Why did i have to be so greedy and want the artbook and soundtrack? Well because it's so awesome stuff of course, but still. :P

I'm considering picking up a european copy on monday though since i want that game so badly right now, but then the problem will be what to do with 2 copies?

But i have to say that I'm amazed that Atelier Totori was released in europe at the same time as the US (or even earlier because of the delay), while Disgaea 4 still isn't out here. :P

Celedin
02-10-11, 08:54 AM
Yeah I heard about the NISA Store delay, it's kinda nice getting something before the US >D. And if you did get a second copy, you'd have an easier time getting the DLC as well as showing double support for a great game! ; )

Maybe Disgaea 4 is coming out later here since it has online elements? I'd assume that needs some extra time but who knows? XD

Emerald Emblem
02-10-11, 06:42 PM
Failed to meet my first deadline, mainly because I took some quests on then had to get my licence upgraded, met 2 of the deadlines but a day late for the 3rd one. Juggling Your workshop and Rorona's workshop is going to be a challenge I feel.

ManaAlchemist
03-10-11, 07:01 PM
Yeah I heard about the NISA Store delay, it's kinda nice getting something before the US >D. And if you did get a second copy, you'd have an easier time getting the DLC as well as showing double support for a great game! ; )

Well the DLC and extra support for the Atelier series is what is tempting me the most except for that i want the game, but i'm still not certain on what to do. :confused:

If i only had all the money i wanted it'd be so much more easier to decide. xD

Zalwis
03-10-11, 07:16 PM
Well the DLC and extra support for the Atelier series is what is tempting me the most except for that i want the game, but i'm still not certain on what to do. :confused:

If i only had all the money i wanted it'd be so much more easier to decide. xD

Personally I'm just waiting it out. Ico/SotC HD was released last week along with Dark Souls later this week plus I have 30 or so games in my backlog so there's plenty to do until it arrives for me. Blowing £40 to play something a few days earlier isn't exactly what I'd call efficient use of money. :p

Emerald Emblem
03-10-11, 08:16 PM
Things had been getting easier, but I've probably upgraded my licence too quickly, the hunt quests are really difficult now. Onto my gold licence start of year 3.

EDIT: Just upgraded to Platinum, one more rank before the end of the year to keep my licence. With 8 and a half months left I should make it. However monsters are getting difficult to beat to get the materials around Arland, might go back to Alanya to do some harvesting there.

Oh and by the way Chim is just soooooo adorable. <3

silvertongue
04-10-11, 10:29 AM
I can't believe so many games have been released since I've been away. Need to cure the holiday blues somewhat so which would you say Totori or Bleach? I know both are different genres. How does Totori compare to Rorona?

Emerald Emblem
04-10-11, 02:17 PM
Totori feels like a step up that's for sure, both visually and how it plays.

Celedin
05-10-11, 12:42 PM
Yeah, it's going to be hard to play Rorona now since Totori "solves" so many of it's small annoyances.

Has anybody had any word on the artbooks yet?

EDIT: Totori DLC on the PSN store now!

Emerald Emblem
05-10-11, 02:51 PM
I haven't. Maybe we should ask Leady what the deal is?

Celedin
05-10-11, 03:05 PM
Yeah, it's been nearly a week with no word about it... Doesn't seem like anyone has got them either.

PrismZeo
05-10-11, 03:49 PM
Why do enemies hit so hard & take so long to die in this game? Punis got seriously buffed up since the Atelier Iris games

Punicarnate (giant puni boss) totally wrecked my party the first time I saw it....got revenge on it after returning with Mel & Sterk though!

Has anybody had any word on the artbooks yet?

EDIT: Totori DLC on the PSN store now!

No artbook for me yet either, thanks for the heads up about the DLC though. I'm really liking the two free sample battle tracks from Atelier Lilie/Judie, I'm kinda sad I never got to play those games now I know they exist.

Is there anywhere listing what tracks are in the music packs? I'll probably buy them all eventually but if one has "Deceitful Wings", "Alchemic Blast" or "Duke of Stratosphere" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5giuoxoiNzM&feature=related) I want to buy that pack first

Celedin
05-10-11, 06:12 PM
I went and brought every bit of DLC (^^;) so I'll let you know what's there! My connection is pretty slow so it's still downloading D:

Emerald Emblem
05-10-11, 06:39 PM
My only DLC I plan to get is Cordelia, love me some loli tsundere.

EDIT: Her and Iksel are a joint pack, ah well.

Onislash
07-10-11, 08:30 AM
I also would like to know the contents of the BGM DLC, as it does interest me. Stuff like Stigmata from Mana Khemia would be great.

Celedin
07-10-11, 07:57 PM
Ah, sorry I forgot to make the list for you guys! My connection was terrible and I only got a chance to check it out yesterday. However, I am pretty sure I saw Deceitful Wings, Alchemic Blast and Duke of Stratosphere in the list, PrismZeo. I know for sure Stigmata is in there as that is one of my favourites and one of the ones I looked for myself ; )

I kinda wish there was a random setting in the BGM options as so many of the tracks are so good.

ManaAlchemist
08-10-11, 06:01 AM
I also would like to know the contents of the BGM DLC, as it does interest me. Stuff like Stigmata from Mana Khemia would be great.

Unfortunately, the only info about I've seen about the BGM packs are what's written in this thread about the first pack:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991771-atelier-totori-the-adventurer-of-arland/60536228

The only song in it that I'm interested in is COSMOLAGOON, as i haven't played most of those Atelier games.

I'd like to know if a pack has "Schwarzweiss ~Kiri No Mukou Ni Tsunagaru Sekai~" from AI3, as I really really love that song. :D

Though as it seems like i won't get a PAL copy of the game, does anyone know a reliable place where it's possible to import a US PSN card to buy DLC?

Celedin
08-10-11, 10:01 AM
I'm visiting parents at the moment but once I'm back, I'll look those up for you guys if you can't find a list beforehand.

Play-Asia sells them and does digital delivery too so you get it right away.

BlazeKousuke
09-10-11, 03:01 PM
Just to let you know
I live there :(

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/10/05/heads-up-game-store-update-5th-october-2011/

Qoute:

Atelier Totori
Atelier Totori: Additional Party: Ceci (£2.39/€2.99)
Atelier Totori: Additional Party: Iksel & Cordelia (£2.39/€2.99)
Atelier Totori: Bgm Mode (free)
Atelier Totori: Bgm Pack: Atelier Pack (£2.39/€2.99)
Atelier Totori: Bgm Pack: Battle Pack #1 (£2.39/€2.99)
Atelier Totori: Bgm Pack: Battle Pack #2 (£2.39/€2.99)
Atelier Totori: Bgm Pack: Battle Pack #3 (£2.39/€2.99)
Atelier Totori: Bgm Pack: Battle Pack #4 (£2.39/€2.99)
Atelier Totori: Model View Mode (free)
Rating: PEGI 12
Availability: Not available in Belgium or Netherlands

Emerald Emblem
10-10-11, 03:07 PM
So artbook watch? Maybe it's time to raise the issue with GAME.

Celedin
10-10-11, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I've sent an email off to GAME via their contact form just now. Not sure if this will get results as my Brother preordered Rune Factory 3 from them and didn't get the artcards mentioned and he emailed and didn't get a response.

ManaAlchemist
10-10-11, 04:51 PM
Finally got my copy of Totori today! :D But at the same time i got kinda depressed since I'm loosing my job soon. :(

Oh well, at least Totori will keep my mind of it for a while. :)

PrismZeo
11-10-11, 10:48 PM
I've just finished the game for the first time, somehow missed the normal ending and got a character ending by accident. Oh well... I really enjoyed playing Atelier Totori, so for once I might actually use the newgame+ to get the other endings :)

I still haven't received the artbook so I've gone ahead and sent an email to GAME also. Hopefully they havent just accidently lost them all...

However, I am pretty sure I saw Deceitful Wings, Alchemic Blast and Duke of Stratosphere in the list, PrismZeo. I know for sure Stigmata is in there as that is one of my favourites and one of the ones I looked for myself ; )

I kinda wish there was a random setting in the BGM options as so many of the tracks are so good.

Yeah a random setting would have been cool, but anyway nice that those songs are there, I'll probably buy a music pack when I get one of the DLC characters. In my last playthrough I somehow ended up a weapon called CSP or something which none of my characters could use. It might have been for Cory? Too bad I couldnt keep it...

Emerald Emblem
12-10-11, 05:41 PM
I want to get Mimi's end my first playthrough, however I've seen lots of Sterk events recently.

Celedin
14-10-11, 01:54 PM
ARTBOOK WATCH UPDATE: Anyone who is expecting an artbook from GAME/Gameplay/Gamestation should let Insp. Chin know via Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/inspchin) or whatever and let him know your address ; )

PrismZeo
14-10-11, 07:17 PM
ARTBOOK WATCH UPDATE: Anyone who is expecting an artbook from GAME/Gameplay/Gamestation should let Insp. Chin know via Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/inspchin) or whatever and let him know your address ; )

I dont have a twitter account...sending a PM on the forum should be ok instead?

Anyways I've finally bought some of the DLC for the game, got the cory & iksel character pack and battle music pack#2. It was really nice hearing all those old songs again....

So has anyone bought the Ceci character yet? I can't find anything about what she does in battle, I hope its good since that character alone is the same price as the cory & iksel together

Celedin
14-10-11, 09:02 PM
Either that or I'll be happy to pass on your address to him via Twitter, I promise I won't spam you ; )

Yeah, it is really nice hearing the old tracks again. Not sure what Ceci is like yet, I'm playing DLC-less for my first playthrough.

Emerald Emblem
18-10-11, 09:08 PM
My artbook arrived today, much love for Inspector Chin, he also included the Trinity Universe artbook too. <3

Celedin
19-10-11, 10:51 AM
Yeah, the TKE guys are great : D I guess if we get any problems in the future we should just go straight to them XD

I'm disappointed that GAME didn't even reply to me though, they've been a bit eh since their new website was put up.

PrismZeo
19-10-11, 12:31 PM
No such luck for me, I don't think Chin has been on the forum to check PMs yet this week so I ended up calling GAME directly instead of emailing...they still have that call queue music I hate playing, but they said they are gonna post the artbook to me now, so yeah...hopefully it actually arrives this time.

Anyway forget the artbook, I kinda wish I'd bought the atelier totori soundtrack while I had the chance, since the game has been localised the price went up and it seems to be out of stock on the site I normally buy soundtrack cds on.. :(

silvertongue
25-11-11, 02:08 PM
So I finished this today. Well actually I didn't finish it, I got the bad ending...boooo. I was at Cobalt Rank. Looks like I'm going to have to start a fresh from the beginning as my earliest save is at Year 5.
Ah well time to finish Ar Tonelico 3.

Black_Dragon
26-11-11, 03:14 PM
And i just got my copy 2 days ago. (but i intend to do D4 before this though)
Ill play this right after finishing bleach

Rosalyn
01-12-11, 01:15 PM
Aw, man. Have you guys seen the PSN avatars the US store got? So not fair. Very salty over this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t5U6eyCKNI

Emerald Emblem
01-12-11, 03:16 PM
Unfreakingbelievable, I so want a female Chim one.

ManaAlchemist
04-12-11, 09:55 PM
Been playing this game almost nonstop for a couple of days now so I'm currently considering getting a US PSN card for the Totori DLC (as i imported the game), and if i do, I'll definitely get that Mel avatar. :D

I might also get some others like Totori, Sterk and Ceci's, though I'm just so disappointed that you barely see the avatar currently used on the PS3.
I kinda wish that they'd also put up avatars from previous Atelier games like Iris 1-3 and such, but I doubt it'll happen. :(

Zalwis
05-12-11, 02:26 PM
I know DLC works for any account but I'm pretty certain that avatars are account specific so make sure to download them on your main profile.

Emerald Emblem
05-12-11, 06:59 PM
Yes, Avatars are account specific.

ManaAlchemist
07-12-11, 10:08 AM
Really? Damn. My main profile is european so then i can't get those avatars. Oh well, not to horrible at least.

But wow, I did never expect Tecmo Koei to buy GUST:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/07/tecmo-koei-purchases-atelier-series-developer-gust/

Seems like an awesome move as long as GUST gets to continue making the Atelier games like they always have. Though I don't want to see any DW cameos in those games. :p

Emerald Emblem
12-12-11, 06:30 PM
Story complete...Bad end attained. Now to try for the normal end. But I'm concerned about being able to beat the Fish monster when you build the ship, I got Totori to level 35 Adventurer level. Gonna stick with Mimi and Cordelia this playthrough and hope I might get Mimi's ending.

Rosalyn
13-12-11, 09:31 AM
Congrats! Really is a shame about those avatars, so few good ones on the EU PSN. :|

ManaAlchemist
13-12-11, 12:50 PM
Story complete...Bad end attained. Now to try for the normal end. But I'm concerned about being able to beat the Fish monster when you build the ship, I got Totori to level 35 Adventurer level. Gonna stick with Mimi and Cordelia this playthrough and hope I might get Mimi's ending.

I managed to get the normal end on my second run, but I'd rather say that time is more of a problem than that fish. Or atleast when aiming for the true ending. :P

Emerald Emblem
17-12-11, 01:58 PM
Normal Ending attained, my oh my was it saddening when Totori learned the truth about her mum. I did manage to get to the final boss in the tower but could only weaken him to half his health. Looks like I'll need a 3rd playthrough to beat him.

Black_Dragon
28-12-11, 08:04 PM
I thought we had a meruru thread made? .... well no matter.
i know meruru's been announced but... in my opinion isnt it too soon (i am happy but uh..)? i know the reason why also but ...
well before i say anything else what are your thoughts guys?

Celedin
28-12-11, 09:18 PM
Well in an interview the president of NISA himself said they were considering leaving Meruru till next Autumn like Rorona and Totori were but I guess the fan feedback pushed them to next Spring. I don't mind it being so soon, I'd rather it now rather than later and at least this way we'll be caught up on Gust games and maybe even get closer future english releases.

Black_Dragon
29-12-11, 08:06 PM
Well in an interview the president of NISA himself said they were considering leaving Meruru till next Autumn like Rorona and Totori were but I guess the fan feedback pushed them to next Spring. I don't mind it being so soon, I'd rather it now rather than later and at least this way we'll be caught up on Gust games and maybe even get closer future english releases.

I see ..... but i still kinda say its too soon plus with nep mark2 coming out i'd probably still be working on totori or D4 lol.
but the situation with gust is still rather unknown if another atelier on console arrived, or gust game what would exactly would happen?

Celedin
30-12-11, 01:29 AM
Well I still need to finish Totori myself so I'll probably be rushing through that coming up to Spring XD

Right, we won't know for sure what's going to happen with Gust until they have a game to be published! XD I kinda doubt that we'll see that otome Atelier game unless the Aksys one sells well but otherwise the next one might be this rumoured Vita game (as far as I know/remember anyway). I'd like to believe that Koei would let Gust continue their partnership with NIS America, it's not if as Koei particularly loses anything from it.

Emerald Emblem
30-12-11, 07:43 AM
Well Koei only distribute the game in Europe, I don't see why they can't still do it how it's always been done.

Black_Dragon
30-12-11, 07:59 PM
I guess. Alright thanks guys! i had a few doubts here and there but i feel much more reassured :).
now just need to try and focus on totori now lol

Celedin
31-12-11, 01:54 PM
Well Koei only distribute the game in Europe, I don't see why they can't still do it how it's always been done.

They distribute the Gust games in the US too so they're getting money in each region from the games.

Rosalyn
08-01-12, 03:56 PM
Uwah, finally finished Totori today! <3 Got the normal ending. Hopefully Meruru's translation won't suffer for the early release date. Enjoyed it, but wasn't nearly as nice as Rorona was imo. Despite the improvements graphically and gameplay wise. Atelier Rorona would constantly make me laugh and smile, but that didn't happen with Totori. Ah well. Meruru looks better. :>

Black_Dragon
14-05-12, 07:55 PM
... Damn i forgot what i was doing in totori ... :(

Emerald Emblem
15-05-12, 02:15 PM
... Damn i forgot what i was doing in totori ... :(
I know what I was doing, I'd started again to try for Mimi's ending. Of course I forgot how far into her events I was. Might have to start over.

Black_Dragon
15-05-12, 08:39 PM
Heck you're right on that but.... i... oh well never mind i'll start again lol i just have to get rorona in my party :) first.

Black_Dragon
11-07-12, 10:26 PM
Finally back into this .... hopefully i'll get closer to the end
EDIT
and Finished! i almost killed every optional boss too

Rosalyn
25-02-13, 09:42 AM
Atelier Totori Plus has been classified in down under land http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=1xG2J2ByvF24XTA0FDPW7A%253d%253d&ncdctx=mh8vbgD796YJ2RWSuMNIdETSlfSwMX%252fuX2dGQo1 zkGNqawLmVA0tWHsHBG9lWpXU

Atelier Totori Plus likely coming to the west! Will probably buy it, if not just to support this kinda thing. Totori will probably look fantastic on a Vita screen :)

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/25/looks-like-tecmo-koei-will-publish-atelier-totori-the-adventurer-of-arland-plus-in-the-west/

(http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/25/looks-like-tecmo-koei-will-publish-atelier-totori-the-adventurer-of-arland-plus-in-the-west/)

ManaAlchemist
25-02-13, 12:27 PM
Atelier Totori Plus has been classified in down under land http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=1xG2J2ByvF24XTA0FDPW7A%253d%253d&ncdctx=mh8vbgD796YJ2RWSuMNIdETSlfSwMX%252fuX2dGQo1 zkGNqawLmVA0tWHsHBG9lWpXU

Atelier Totori Plus likely coming to the west! Will probably buy it, if not just to support this kinda thing. Totori will probably look fantastic on a Vita screen :)

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/25/looks-like-tecmo-koei-will-publish-atelier-totori-the-adventurer-of-arland-plus-in-the-west/

Yeah, I just saw that, and I'm definitely getting it. Totori was my favorite out of the Arland Trilogy and since i was to lazy to ever get around to the true ending, I guess i might finally get around to it on Vita.
Though i just hope that this time Gust will have an option for japanese voices, since I'm really used to the japanese voices for Totori.

Rosalyn
25-02-13, 12:48 PM
Yeah, would prefer it to have the original soundtrack, too. Will still support if it only comes in English though.

Rosalyn
19-03-13, 08:13 PM
Sorry to double-post. I just really wanted to give you guys the latest update on Totori Plus ~ http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/dlc/atelier-totori-plus-the-adventurer-of-arland-with-bonus-dlc/108757

GameStop US have added Atelier Totori Plus to their website! It's download only, but hopefully if it comes over here we'll get it on disc. :> Very exciting.
There is a strange thing though, they make it sound in the product description like it'll be out in April. You would have expected they would have announced it by now if that was really the case.

An all new Atelier Totori for the PlayStation®Vita system, 'Plus' added features! Get the exclusive swimsuits in one pack with this game & DLC bundle! 'Angel Swimsuit' and 'Devil Bikini' are included in this package. This bundle is a limited time offer until Apr 16th, 2013. 1 player(s) 1000KB Minimum Touchscreen Rear Touch Pad Dual Analog Sticks Motion Sensor

PrismZeo
19-03-13, 09:38 PM
GameStop US have added Atelier Totori Plus to their website! It's download only, but hopefully if it comes over here we'll get it on disc. :> Very exciting.

Its out today for the US apparently https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/atelier-totori-plus-the-adventurer-of-arland-with-bonus-dlc/cid=UP4108-PCSE00231_00-TOTORIBONUSDLC00

Was it announced a while ago? It almost seems like a stealth release with how little we heard about it

Rosalyn
19-03-13, 10:59 PM
Just saw that too. What on Earth is going on? Why wouldn't they say anything? :s It isn't going to sell if they don't tell anybody it's available. Wonder if we can expect it over here? If not, would it work on a Vita using a European account?

Zalwis
20-03-13, 05:47 AM
At least it has dual audio but the 0 advertising/marketing for this is pretty disappointing, especially after the Ayesha fiasco. The game just magically appeared today with absolutely nothing announced..

ManaAlchemist
20-03-13, 07:51 AM
Just saw that too. What on Earth is going on? Why wouldn't they say anything? :s It isn't going to sell if they don't tell anybody it's available. Wonder if we can expect it over here? If not, would it work on a Vita using a European account?

Sadly, you need a US account to be able to play the US PSN releases, and from what I've read, it seems you need to format the whole memory card to switch over to a US account.
But yeah, this was a very strange release. Kinda makes me wonder if Sony made a mistake and released the game a lot earlier than NISA had planned.

But hopefully there's a chance for a European/Australian release as it's been rated for Australia at least. And hopefully then, it'll be a physical release instead of only digital.

Rosalyn
20-03-13, 09:16 AM
EDIT!

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/atelier-totori-plus-with-bonus-/cid=EP4108-PCSB00291_00-B000000000000269

WE GOT IT TOO! tohksrotkje9s8ytgugjrijrt5!

PrismZeo
20-03-13, 12:59 PM
So...I guess this means its digital only then? Guess I'll be waiting a while before I get this one since its so short notice and I need to get a bigger memory card first to be able to install it without deleating a bunch of stuff

This website (sgcafe.com/2012/11/atelier-totori-plus-screenshot-blast-recaps-whats-new-in-this-ps3-to-ps-vita-port/) seemed useful for seeing what's changed from the ps3 version of Totori btw

Rosalyn
20-03-13, 03:08 PM
Seems like it. It's quite expensive too...

Good link, thanks. :>

ManaAlchemist
20-03-13, 04:22 PM
Seems like it. It's quite expensive too...

Good link, thanks. :>

Expensive? And here i find it to be very cheap. :S
You guys are cheating with the low prices you got for games in your countries.

Though I really want to get it right now, I still don't want to buy it until I hear any confirmation that it really just will be digital only.

Rosalyn
20-03-13, 04:58 PM
Okay then, it's expensive for the UK. x)

Be sure to get it before the 17th of April if the don't confirm by then. That's when the creepy bonus DLC won't come with it anymore.

silvertongue
22-03-13, 10:00 AM
Totori Plus was a big surprise, kinda came out of nowhere considering nothing was mentioned of it for a Western release.

ManaAlchemist
23-03-13, 10:54 AM
Well looking at the "release" page for Atelier Totori + here on TKE (http://www.tecmokoei-europe.com/news/70613/ATELIER-TOTORI-PLUS-AVAILABLE-NOW-ON-PLAYSTATION-STORE/), it kinda seems like it's confirmed as a digital only release. :(

Dunno if this is the case, but to me it kinda seems like most JRPG fans are some kind of "collectors" and usually prefer physical releases, so I'm guessing a digital only release really was a bad choice. But at the same time, most fans of the Atelier games probably also already have the PS3 game, and might not bother with the Vita version, so in that way, a digital release might really have been the only way to release it at all.

But oh well, at least we got it. Dunno if i got the money for it right now though (kinda depends on if the Horizon PSP game gets released in march as was said earlier), but I'll definitely get it as soon as I can.

Emerald Emblem
23-03-13, 04:05 PM
I see little point in getting it, I think my PS3 copy is more than sufficient.

Rosalyn
23-03-13, 04:30 PM
Pros

It looks brilliant on the Vita & you can zoom in
New costumes
Dungeon added

Cons

Often hangs on the looting screen
The only touch function is on the world map, and poorly done (imo). The backwards camera is confusing for my Western brain dammit.
New artwork is offensive (so are all the costumes so far, actually...)

I'm actually happy with it though, there's something nice about playing it on a handheld. When you're on a bus or something that feels like the perfect time to do the requests ect too since it seems like less of a waste of time.

Black_Dragon
23-03-13, 06:07 PM
At least it has dual audio but the 0 advertising/marketing for this is pretty disappointing, especially after the Ayesha fiasco. The game just magically appeared today with absolutely nothing announced..
Oh lighten up man and play ayesha it wont hurt ..... much

Pros

It looks brilliant on the Vita & you can zoom in
New costumes
Dungeon added

Cons

Often hangs on the looting screen
The only touch function is on the world map, and poorly done (imo). The backwards camera is confusing for my Western brain dammit.
New artwork is offensive (so are all the costumes so far, actually...)

I'm actually happy with it though, there's something nice about playing it on a handheld. When you're on a bus or something that feels like the perfect time to do the requests ect too since it seems like less of a waste of time.

Hmm just to get this straight All it comes with is costumes and dungeons?
*sigh* i was kinda hoping for a little more more bosses, more characters perhaps? I assume those dlc charaacters come as standard as well...
Well no matter i'll get it a little later, and stick to default costumes. Something about those new costumes makes me feel uneasy

Rosalyn
23-03-13, 08:31 PM
Oh yeah, the DLC characters are packed in (Ceci, Cory, Iskel). All that's new is you can use the touch screen for the world map. The "new" dungeon which as actually just the last one from Rorona (Orthogalaxen). Costumes/accessories. Some new and shameless art (fan service).

http://sgcafe.com/2012/11/atelier-totori-plus-screenshot-blast-recaps-whats-new-in-this-ps3-to-ps-vita-port/ It says here you can tap the screen to navigate the menus but so far that hasn't worked for me...

The DLC costumes are just wrong, but it's nice to have them since they're rare. They only came with the first print run of the game in Japan, and only come with the game here until April 17th.

Edit: Finally know what the rear touchscreen is for in Totori, it was mentioned to have a function, but it sounded like it was for the world map? Anyway, if you tap the back screen around the middle Totori will react to it in one of several different ways. :)

Black_Dragon
24-03-13, 12:57 PM
Totori Plus was a big surprise, kinda came out of nowhere considering nothing was mentioned of it for a Western release.
yeah like this right?

http://img.acianetmedia.com/i/9Hmvd.gif
Lol

Oh yeah, the DLC characters are packed in (Ceci, Cory, Iskel). All that's new is you can use the touch screen for the world map. The "new" dungeon which as actually just the last one from Rorona (Orthogalaxen). Costumes/accessories. Some new and shameless art (fan service).

http://sgcafe.com/2012/11/atelier-totori-plus-screenshot-blast-recaps-whats-new-in-this-ps3-to-ps-vita-port/ It says here you can tap the screen to navigate the menus but so far that hasn't worked for me...

The DLC costumes are just wrong, but it's nice to have them since they're rare. They only came with the first print run of the game in Japan, and only come with the game here until April 17th.

Edit: Finally know what the rear touchscreen is for in Totori, it was mentioned to have a function, but it sounded like it was for the world map? Anyway, if you tap the back screen around the middle Totori will react to it in one of several different ways. :)

Oh i see that dungeon with the iron giant guy totori already had its own ver of that the tower thing if im not mistaken
April 17th huh well but why make it a limited time though?
oh i hate that rear screen if possible i'll disable its use if the option is given

Rosalyn
24-03-13, 06:03 PM
Just for the sake of keeping them rare, I suppose? Or maybe it's purely to encourage people to buy it, and buy it now...yeah, probably the latter.

Black_Dragon
26-03-13, 02:23 PM
Ok so the options are buy or buy now......,
I'll buy later lol

Miss Kaoru
27-03-13, 05:35 AM
Well, I bought it day 1 as soon as I found out about it. Funny thing, there was no mention on Tecmo Koei's website or facebook page! I was just doing a random search on the net to find out a release date and seen that GameStop had it mentioned as a download only released! Being able to play JRPGs out in about or on a trip is pretty nice! Still, as a collector, I wish they would bring out the Premium Edition like was released in Japan! The bikini outfits don't bother me, but what about us girl gamers?! I would've love to see Sterk in some speedos! ^-^

fancyfixtur
27-03-13, 08:59 AM
Great design! Wow! I can't remember when I did I ever something that looks as beatiful as that pictures. Keep posting more. Thanks!

Rosalyn
09-04-13, 04:37 PM
Amazingly, Totori Plus was the highest selling Vita game last month (in the US, dunno about EU). Despite 0 publicity.

Black_Dragon
10-04-13, 08:40 PM
Amazingly, Totori Plus was the highest selling Vita game last month (in the US, dunno about EU). Despite 0 publicity. the dlc might have something to do with that

Black_Dragon
20-04-13, 05:58 PM
Okay i got plus now it lags a bit sometimes
but its the same trophys so it should take me roughly the same amount of time.

Rosalyn
21-04-13, 05:07 PM
It feels like less time since you can do the boring money trick whilst watching TV easily. x)

Black_Dragon
22-04-13, 09:34 PM
Ah well good point but if you're looking for a specific trait for equipment then it'll be a bit of a pain or if you're outdoors. Oh well anyhow im a quater way though the story now

Black_Dragon
02-05-13, 01:14 PM
Man, i still need to speed up my progress too many things to get through on the vita

Black_Dragon
08-05-13, 12:46 PM
..... I was just reminded of how painful selling water is 20,000 cole is still way off the mark

Otase
12-05-13, 02:26 PM
Hate Tecmo (Milk DLC company/ cheater) for touching this game series who could have goten a Retail Copy from NIS America,
do me a favor Tecmo and just leave this game alone so it can have a better chance for its future,
nothing in Tecmo hands is bound to go well.

Black_Dragon
12-05-13, 04:42 PM
Hate Tecmo (Milk DLC company/ cheater) for touching this game series who could have goten a Retail Copy from NIS America,
do me a favor Tecmo and just leave this game alone so it can have a better chance for its future,
nothing in Tecmo hands is bound to go well.

*sigh* would you be so kind as not to spam hate messages everywhere

Black_Dragon
16-05-13, 09:26 PM
Okay the oxogalathon (whatever its name was) isnt really anythin special theres only a handfull of tough monsters and such. Nearly finished this game and wiped the floor with most of the monsters

Black_Dragon
18-05-13, 05:16 PM
Platinum ..... again now awaiting meruru

Otase
13-06-13, 01:15 PM
How can i not hate Capcom partner?

Black_Dragon
15-06-13, 05:13 PM
Capcom?
This isnt capcom its sparta :P