PDA

View Full Version : Sub or Dub?

Black_Dragon
03-05-11, 02:38 PM
As it says what do you prefer

ManaAlchemist
04-05-11, 07:18 PM
As I've grown up here in sweden were barely anything is dubbed at all (only thing is more or less movies for children like disney movies), I'm very used to listening to originals, so I definitely prefer subs.

Though i also have to say that because I'm a huge anime fan I've been watching a lot of anime and noticed that most japanese voice actors try to get into their roles, much better than what most english actors do, which also makes me prefer subs.

But of course there are certain times where dubs are somewhat better even if they are few.

Black_Dragon
05-05-11, 01:26 PM
As I've grown up here in sweden were barely anything is dubbed at all (only thing is more or less movies for children like disney movies), I'm very used to listening to originals, so I definitely prefer subs.

Though i also have to say that because I'm a huge anime fan I've been watching a lot of anime and noticed that most japanese voice actors try to get into their roles, much better than what most english actors do, which also makes me prefer subs.

But of course there are certain times where dubs are somewhat better even if they are few.

Hmm i see but however i do prefer dub over sub (well because ... well take a game like gundam 2 i am used to the english dub hence why i watch in in dub used to the voices and all ) but as for naruto and bleach they are better in sub than Dub,

Black_Dragon
10-05-11, 09:56 AM
Subtitles when they're serious.

Dubs when they're silly.

70s Kung Fu and 90s Manga Ent voicework FTW!

lol but am surpirsed no one said dubs in the truest form

Black_Dragon
10-05-11, 09:56 AM
Subtitles when they're serious.

Dubs when they're silly.

70s Kung Fu and 90s Manga Ent voicework FTW!

lol
and am surprised no one said dubs in the truest form

NekoWarrior
27-05-11, 10:05 AM
I prefer sub in any anime :D

Celedin
28-05-11, 11:28 PM
When it comes to anime I generally prefer watching subbed unless there's a particular actor I want to hear but for games I stick to dubs generally so I can understand everything like the battle cries or whatever but I'm happy with either really.

Haremallmighty
31-05-11, 09:11 AM
Both.

Depends on how I feel. Typically I'll watch the Dub if theres ones available. I ain't picky. As long as I enjoy the anime, it doesn't matter which.

Superbuu3
02-06-11, 11:28 PM
Whatever I hear first, some programmes have great dubs others have awful ones. Mind thats not to say original VA can't be terrible to.

The main trouble with dubs is sometimes there just poorly translated.

Emerald Emblem
02-06-11, 11:57 PM
Sub is normally what I watch first, however if I buy a DVD with a dub I'll watch the dub first regardless if I watched it when it was airing or not.

Duke Dragoon
29-06-11, 09:04 PM
I normally like to complete a game in english. Then play it in japanese e.g. DW7

Black_Dragon
29-06-11, 09:52 PM
doesnt any one like dubbed anime? its not that bad.....

Emerald Emblem
30-06-11, 05:06 PM
doesnt any one like dubbed anime? its not that bad.....
It's just subs are better bar the odd dub.

Black_Dragon
02-07-11, 09:27 PM
It's just subs are better bar the odd dub.

but still even so on the very odd ocasions dubs are better than subbed although i cant say for which anime in accordance to that ...

Emerald Emblem
02-07-11, 10:53 PM
but still even so on the very odd ocasions dubs are better than subbed although i cant say for which anime in accordance to that ...

It's very, very rare that a dub does do a better job.

Black_Dragon
03-07-11, 09:22 AM
It's very, very rare that a dub does do a better job.

Indeed. hmm I still dont have a good example yet as everyone might disagree.

edit: maybe gundam wing dubbed? or ghost in the shell these dubs are good in my opinion.

little_zhurong
24-05-12, 11:36 PM
If I can get dubbed I will but im not against subbed. In my opinion Vampire Knights was good both Subbed and Dubbed.

I think Dubbed anime is getting better.

PrismZeo
25-05-12, 12:08 AM
If I can get dubbed I will but im not against subbed.

Same goes for me...but I guess I'm weird that for anime dvds I'll activate the subtitles but have the English dub playing though. A less important reason I like dubbed anime is that it doesnt require 100% of my attention while watching. With subs if I look away for a second I could miss some important line and lose track whats going on.

little_zhurong
28-05-12, 06:20 PM
The main trouble with dubs is sometimes there just poorly translated.

That is true, but its a little less in the newer ones but its still there.

With subs if I look away for a second I could miss some important line and lose track whats going on.

Very true, and on some action animes I seem to miss the action if they are talking at the same time or I end up missing what is being said because I’m watching the action.

Superbuu3
29-05-12, 08:52 PM
4kids single handedly destroying the one piece franchise makes it hard for me to trust dubs. Although i do like the bleach dub.

little_zhurong
29-05-12, 11:55 PM
^4kids do destroy dubs. Try funimation dubs they might surprise you.

Hitsuzen
24-06-12, 09:01 AM
It depends on what I'm watching, really. Some anime are better subbed, and some of them, I can stand the dubbing. But I would prefer subbed anime than dubbed, I get more feelings when they are in Japanese