PDA

View Full Version : Catherine

silvertongue
13-07-11, 10:42 AM
Just wondered who's looking forward to this game.

The demo is up on U.S. PSN which I downloaded last night and had a little game. Very interesting and it seems quite surreal. Voice acting is top notch and the game looks great. I think it's going to be a very strange game indeed but also very very very good!

Celedin
13-07-11, 08:48 PM
Yeah, I can't wait for this! I've had it on preorder since Atlus USA announced the bonus artbook/soundtrack >D

So, the eternal question: Catherine or Katherine, silvertongue? : P

silvertongue
13-07-11, 09:46 PM
Er.......up to now I'd say Catherine...................or maybe Katherine....................we'll see!!!!

:)

Black_Dragon
13-07-11, 10:26 PM
It looks ok but it seemed really hard when i tried the demo. so its a maybe...

silvertongue
14-07-11, 10:46 AM
I love the style of the game!

Celedin
14-07-11, 12:47 PM
Keep trying Black_Dragon, you'll get used to it ; )

Yeah, the game is gorgeous >D I can't wait till we see an RPG from Atlus with those kinds of visuals~

Celedin
22-07-11, 10:43 PM
Sorry for the double post, but Catherine has been confirmed for Europe "later this year".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-07-22-catherine-coming-to-europe-this-year

Black_Dragon
26-07-11, 10:48 AM
hmm but the question is when though... (what time during this year)

Superbuu3
27-07-11, 03:04 PM
This isn't a RPG its a puzzle platformer.

Emerald Emblem
28-07-11, 12:11 PM
This isn't a RPG its a puzzle platformer.
Nicely spotted. It belongs elsewhere.

silvertongue
28-07-11, 12:38 PM
Nicely spotted. It belongs elsewhere.

Do you know what I never even thought about it, oops!

Hopefully we can get a mod to move it!

Rosalyn
24-09-11, 04:15 PM
Love the gameplay, but after about halfway the story scenes started to seem kinda boring. This game is really short, too. Beat it in three days on Normal mode (about 10 hours). =|

Probably better to wait on it to drop in price since it really is very short (unless you're one of those who seriously struggle with it).

Zalwis
25-09-11, 07:26 AM
Probably better to wait on it to drop in price since it really is very short (unless you're one of those who seriously struggle with it).

But will it drop in price though? I know Catherine did really well in Japan & America but it still seems like a pretty niche title to me which usually results in the price staying sky high in Europe. Personally I'll wait a couple of weeks and see for myself since we're already having to wait a couple of months for an EU release but I'm not getting my hopes up for saving some money. :/

Emerald Emblem
25-09-11, 06:14 PM
But will it drop in price though? I know Catherine did really well in Japan & America but it still seems like a pretty niche title to me which usually results in the price staying sky high in Europe. Personally I'll wait a couple of weeks and see for myself since we're already having to wait a couple of months for an EU release but I'm not getting my hopes up for saving some money. :/
I'd buy it second hand in that case, it's bound to sucker in people who end up disliking it.

Celedin
25-09-11, 06:33 PM
Love the gameplay, but after about halfway the story scenes started to seem kinda boring. This game is really short, too. Beat it in three days on Normal mode (about 10 hours). =|

I thought it got a lot more interesting as it went on personally ;p Did you do much in the bar scenes and stuff?

Rosalyn
25-09-11, 06:48 PM
Aye, I tried to get every line out of the characters. I just found Vincent got really dull. Can you make spoiler tags on this forum?

test

Emerald Emblem
25-09-11, 06:49 PM
You can, but be sure not to open the e-mail alert, you see the spoiler if you do.

Celedin
25-09-11, 09:43 PM
Aye, I tried to get every line out of the characters. I just found Vincent got really dull. Can you make spoiler tags on this forum?

test

I think that was kind of the point of Vincent though. He's just lazy and uninspired and wants to trudge on through life without making any huge decisions. Then he's forced to decide and also get an easy way out of it too ;p

Rosalyn
26-09-11, 12:02 PM
I agree with you there. Only I think they may have done the job a little too well. xD

Real bummer about the spoiler tags in emails.

Celedin
26-09-11, 09:17 PM
Well it's interesting that you think that about him because Vincent's mind is such a typical 'guy' mind, I was wondering what a female player would think of it : P

Also, what ending did you get?

Rosalyn
26-09-11, 10:07 PM
...I better not say anything. xD You have me wondering what other girls think of him now. I only know one other girl who has finished it, though.

I got the true Lover ending. How about you? I guess my replies were typically girly. ^^;

Celedin
26-09-11, 10:44 PM
Haha, well that's what I mean, it must be kinda frustrating for girls to watch Vincent while guys will completely relate! : P

I got true lovers too, though before I started to play, I was sure I was going to go for Catherine since I have a soft spot for the English voice actress and the design is more appealing but er... she's a little creepy D: And then important commitments come up of course XD

I was surprised and impressed at how such a normal premise turns into something so Atlus-y near the end XD

Rosalyn
27-09-11, 08:45 AM
Ah, well. At least we got to be an 'average Joe' for a change. :)

I really thought I'd like Katherine more, but to be honest, I ended up liking Catherine a lot more. Katherine was REALLY annoying, she acted like Vincent's mother, or something. I actually felt sorry for Vincent at times. xD

Surprised you found her creeeeepy, but I guess she was probably supposed to be kinda creepy?

Celedin
27-09-11, 01:07 PM
I agree with you about Katherine, she can be overbearing. I guess the characters were just made to be the exact opposite of each other (and it's kinda funny how apart they are considering Catherine is Vincent's "dream girl" ;p).

Well, I liked Catherine more until she said she'd kill Vincent if he broke up with her. That was my 'okay.... I need to get out of this' moment ;p But since finishing the game I'm really interested in seeing what happens in the other endings and I liked the little side story with Toby and Erica XD Oh Toby~ ;p

Rosalyn
27-09-11, 01:30 PM
Oh, yeah. I forgot she said that. It was pretty creepy. Does this mean Vincent enjoys woman who make death threats? xD

Celedin
27-09-11, 03:59 PM
Well she only wants to kill Vincent because she loves him so much~ Then she'll kill herself afterwards~

Also that scene where Catherine "died" made me go : OOOO waaaaaat until that ended XD Kinda scary these Katherine went looking for the knife too....

warriorstrong
14-02-12, 10:40 PM
Haha that's my name!! :D