PDA

View Full Version : Ar Tonelico (series qoga ,melody of Metafalica,Elemia)

Black_Dragon
17-07-11, 03:31 PM
This is the re-creation of the thread that got deleted but insted its about all 3 ATs
Here's the cover art for all 3
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Ar_tonelico.jpg
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/_-Ar-Tonelico-2-Melody-of-the-Metafalica-PS2-_.jpg
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/Games%202/Ar_tonelico_Qoga.jpg
Still havent started as much of the 3rd one as i had hoped but will do ... eventually.

Krudax
17-07-11, 11:07 PM
i have the latest quoga and its pretty good. Although i have yet to play the original ps2 versions. Gotta love JRPGs :)

ManaAlchemist
19-07-11, 04:39 PM
Can't really say anything at all about the first game, except that i liked the anime OVA from it, since i haven't bought it yet.

I have both 2 and 3 though, but i haven't completed them just yet, but so far i have to say that i really don't like Melody of Metafalica, as the characters were just annoying and not really any i could like, and it was really a hell choosing one of the girls, since i more or less hate them all about the same, but i ended up choosing Cloche, since she was at least slightly better than the other 2.

AT Qoga though is definitely one of my favorite games, with a great cast, great music, and epic characters like Soma and Sarapatra. :p

Black_Dragon
20-07-11, 08:14 PM
BTW i have a question regarding qoga, are the comosphere events all talking at the camp?

Emerald Emblem
20-07-11, 10:22 PM
BTW i have a question regarding qoga, are the comosphere events all talking at the camp?
What do you mean exactly? You mean after you finish a Dive through a level?

silvertongue
21-07-11, 09:43 AM
I love the Ar Tonelico series. I thought the first one was fantastic and really thought the second was great too. As for the 3rd I'm up and down with it. One minute I love it then the next I'm like it's ok. It just hasn't sucked me in like the other 2 did.

Black_Dragon
21-07-11, 08:53 PM
What do you mean exactly? You mean after you finish a Dive through a level?

i think thats it but i quite unsure, In order to build a relationship with a certain char does somthing specific need to be done? sorry for being so vauge ... :(

Emerald Emblem
21-07-11, 09:54 PM
Building the relationship, at certain points in the game you need to decide which reyvateil you care about, each decision adds a heart to that reyvateil and there are only 3, if you invest all those decisions to one reyvateil you get locked into her endings. I think if you don't outright pick one you can lock into a reyavteil's ending if you go through her cosmosphere and decide to accept her as your partner.

Spoiler for phase 4
It's how even though you don' get those choices with her you get locked into Tyria's ending if you complete her binary field.

Black_Dragon
22-07-11, 12:53 PM
Building the relationship, at certain points in the game you need to decide which reyvateil you care about, each decision adds a heart to that reyvateil and there are only 3, if you invest all those decisions to one reyvateil you get locked into her endings. I think if you don't outright pick one you can lock into a reyavteil's ending if you go through her cosmosphere and decide to accept her as your partner.

Spoiler for phase 4
It's how even though you don' get those choices with her you get locked into Tyria's ending if you complete her binary field.

I see... i thought you could get them all in one go ... ok thanks emerald.

Emerald Emblem
22-07-11, 01:49 PM
I see... i thought you could get them all in one go ... ok thanks emerald.
If you keep a save before you do either max out their hearts or complete their cosmosphere then you can still do all the endings in 1 playthrough, though the "Our valued customer" doesn't add up.

Black_Dragon
22-07-11, 05:15 PM
Interesting ... thanks for the tip emerald. i belive the same thing can be done in atelier rorona as well and i almost forgot this game has buying and selling (text) switched

Black_Dragon
29-07-11, 09:14 AM
Right on phase 2 now and i messed up saki's cosmosphere by one event :( oh well.

Emerald Emblem
29-07-11, 09:35 AM
Right on phase 2 now and i messed up saki's cosmosphere by one event :( oh well.
What do you mean? Were you kicked from the cosmosphere or what?

Black_Dragon
31-07-11, 02:49 PM
What do you mean? Were you kicked from the cosmosphere or what?

Sorry for the late reply to.. addicted to ar tonilico, I missed the very first event the take a peek choice since i was blatantly rushed through it and now i have to restart over again i would guess.

and the hardest part was i couldn't purge til phase 3 .... its because i kept pressing all 4 shoulder buttons assuming the purge would work...

but in fact i should have just pressed one :( oh well now i am triple purging every battle now at the very least.

BTW what does new game plus bring over (items etc?)

Zalwis
01-08-11, 12:49 PM
That event is nothing but a bonus. If you're wanting the trophy I can understand restarting but otherwise just continue on and do Finnel's route or something instead then pick it up again when you replay to do Saki.

Also whilst Emerald's suggestion is quite possible in that you can do most routes in one playthrough you'd honestly be better off finishing the game properly once then doing a New game+ and blitzing through the game on easy mode with your maxed out characters. This makes it a lot quicker, easier and it means you can enjoy your first 'proper' playthrough of the game without having to worry about save scumming.

New game+ brings over character levels and money, that's it. You'll have to equip them and such but that's not really an issue, especially when you have a huge amount of leaf to spend.

Black_Dragon
02-08-11, 09:54 PM
That event is nothing but a bonus. If you're wanting the trophy I can understand restarting but otherwise just continue on and do Finnel's route or something instead then pick it up again when you replay to do Saki.

Also whilst Emerald's suggestion is quite possible in that you can do most routes in one playthrough you'd honestly be better off finishing the game properly once then doing a New game+ and blitzing through the game on easy mode with your maxed out characters. This makes it a lot quicker, easier and it means you can enjoy your first 'proper' playthrough of the game without having to worry about save scumming.

New game+ brings over character levels and money, that's it. You'll have to equip them and such but that's not really an issue, especially when you have a huge amount of leaf to spend.

Ah cool thanks for the info i was hoping DP would be brought over too oh well .... but unfortunately i have too much pride so easy mode really is never an option for me :)

Black_Dragon
02-08-11, 10:09 PM
sorry double post but needed.... kinda. PS3 limitations
anyhow are you sure zalwis ? i heard you need every event for sakis for the trophy to show or maybe its just my paranoia lol.

about purging people say you need to shake the controler hard but thats not really true as well as it has to be on the red bar again not true all that matter are the beats. but aside from that 100h might be difficult in a way.

Zalwis
03-08-11, 02:03 AM
sorry double post but needed.... kinda. PS3 limitations
anyhow are you sure zalwis ? i heard you need every event for sakis for the trophy to show or maybe its just my paranoia lol.

about purging people say you need to shake the controler hard but thats not really true as well as it has to be on the red bar again not true all that matter are the beats. but aside from that 100h might be difficult in a way.

Sorry if I worded it strangely but you do need the peek scene for her trophy, yes. I was just saying that there's no need to go back for it unless you REALLY want it on that playthrough. Instead you can save time and just do Finnel's route instead then just pick up Saki's stuff on another playthrough. This is assuming you haven't spent all 3 heart points on Saki, of course..

Red beat triggers the cutscene of the reyvateil stripping, that's it. I actually purposefully ignored them after a while since it just saves time not having to rewatch them stripping down over and over. You can disable the cutscenes in the options but I didn't bother. You don't need to violently shake your controller, I just kind of shook it a little bit in my hands and it worked fine.

Also yes, you keep your DP too in New Game+, I think. It's been a while since I played so I completely forgot about DP.

Black_Dragon
04-08-11, 10:43 AM
Thats great at least everything i need gets transfered and i will need to start over again anyway though i dont really mind, alright thanks for the info. time to get back on it then :)

Black_Dragon
10-08-11, 04:03 PM
Well fully done finnel but i missed some chests thoughout the game and i was sure i got em all... oh well at least i got an easy start and max leaf :)

Celedin
11-08-11, 07:54 PM
Congrats! ; ) Yeah, I thought I got all the chests too when I played XD Are you going to play again or play something else? ;p

Black_Dragon
12-08-11, 02:58 PM
Yep i am gonna keep at it until i achieve platinum 50hrs 2nd playthough halfway through phase 2 and focusing on saki and enured i didnt miss anything.

Black_Dragon
14-08-11, 03:13 PM
Oh? havastasha has DLC patches that change her personality as well as her fight i

Black_Dragon
31-08-11, 06:17 PM
... i need exactly 24h hours left to platinum ... well i guess i could leave it running

Celedin
31-08-11, 07:18 PM
Haha, Black_Dragon, the King of NIS America games strikes again! ; P

Black_Dragon
03-09-11, 05:01 PM
Haha, Black_Dragon, the King of NIS America games strikes again! ; P

lol thanks :) but there are still a couple more games left to do

Celedin
03-09-11, 09:42 PM
And you've got three more coming up! ; ) What's your PSN ID by the way? I'd like to see your progress ; )

Black_Dragon
04-09-11, 09:50 AM
And you've got three more coming up! ; ) What's your PSN ID by the way? I'd like to see your progress ; )
hmm bleach totori and D4 but i should have No problem doing them eventualy lol , and its BLKChaosdragon

Emerald Emblem
29-12-11, 09:38 PM
I got so close to the Platinum for Qoga, just 4 left including the plat. But like many others I'm sure I messed upon Saki's Cosmosphere early on, forcing me to play from the start again, but I lost my patience, I mean having to play through most of the game again after continually seeing phases 2 and up so I just put it down for a while, maybe in a few months I'll get that plat.

Black_Dragon
05-01-12, 08:02 PM
I got so close to the Platinum for Qoga, just 4 left including the plat. But like many others I'm sure I messed upon Saki's Cosmosphere early on, forcing me to play from the start again, but I lost my patience, I mean having to play through most of the game again after continually seeing phases 2 and up so I just put it down for a while, maybe in a few months I'll get that plat.

I'll be routing for ya when you decide to go all the way then! i messed up saki's as well but it does add to the 100h trophy or other trophys if you retry.But keep at it am sure you'll be finished before you know it!