PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUSLY. WTF.

DuckFangPooLickCow
17-07-11, 04:44 PM
I have been a loyal fan of the Dynasty Warriors series for about 9 years now, and never really complained about the repetetivity in each game you produced.

But I am now at the point where I need to say something.

You've only just released Dynasty Warriors 7 and the only new features are two: Dual-weapon wielding and a new kingdom; which is basically Wei anyway.

You've got to think to yourself - After a decade of making the same game over and over, you would at least progress in a more modern, creative direction. Especially since next-gen consoles have been on the go for a few years now, and you're not really competing.

To most of you that's not important, and I agree, but for me personally I would rather see an evolved version of the DW name.

There are infinite possibilities with this game; it could be so much more, and attract so many more fans, if you're willing to broaden your horizons and even test yourselves as developers.

I love your games, up until a point. Now you can troll me all you want. I don't care.

God-Like Phoenix
18-07-11, 10:49 AM
I agree with what you are saying, but in a way... wouldn't you be able to apply the same statement to pretty much most of the mainstream games that are around, for example... all of the sport games around, Call of Duty, Halo etc? they don't mess around with the formula, but still they manage to attract hoards of fans.

I don't think its the problem of the game itself, but its just the fact that the majority of gamers around seem to gravitate towards certain types of games, and apparently... these types just don't seem to take their fancy.

I actually found #7 do be one of the best in the series, quite close to #3 for me, but again its all preference... some people will like it, some will love it and then there are those that will not like it as much or even hate it. You can't please everyone, but I agree that it would be nice to see Koei expanding their horizons.

Superbuu3
19-07-11, 11:03 AM
Why not post some suggestions then? I personally liked the introduction of more characters, dual weapons and chronicles mode was added to this.

Other game series sell way more and are considerably more guilty of this, call of duty being the biggest offender, the fact there online doesn't work properly when made by treyarch as well is abyssmal.

Also you can't accuse koei of not mixing it up, thats exactly what they did with DW6 and everyone hated it. If you find the DW games stale then jump ship to the other franchises, the gundam and fist of the north star games are amazing.

silvertongue
23-07-11, 03:32 PM
First of first post and mostly negative, hmm nice.

I have to say though I kinda get what you're saying up to a point but why change something that works? If it ain't broke don't fix it. First person shooters haven't exactly evolved much apart from maybe adding better stories. What did Koei do with DW7? Well they added a new faction and told the story the best way they ever have with a DW title. Conquest mode is fantastic it kinda makes you appreciate the characters that you barely use. I have a new love for the characters that I rarely used before now as I was basically forced to play them in conquest mode to clear it. Never ever did I use them unless I had to. So yes they have made changes, minimal yes but for the better of course.

Like Superbuu3 says if you've grown tired of the DW franchise then try another in the Warriors series like Gundam or Fist Of The North Star. Both of these games are amazing. Same kind of thing? Yes, but completely different in their own way.

I've always said though I wish Koei would make a full RPG game of Three Kingdoms, if we'd ever see that happen I doubt it but I can dream!

MichKat0
19-08-11, 08:41 AM
I personally seem to not be too fused by it personally but imo, it seems better than 6th one, only because they was pretty much limited characters for me and some of them I've seemed to like very much.

Yea, KOEI should kinda expand more on their features which I do agree with, that would be really interesting for me to see. I prefer duel modes too like they had in previous series, particularly in DW4.