PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Fans in here...

Leady FF ^^
31-01-09, 07:26 PM
...apart from me are there other Pokemon fans on here ^^ ??

My Team at the moment in Diamon & Pearl:

Meowth
Wynauth
Persian
Umbreon
Snorlax
Slaking

ManaAlchemist
31-01-09, 07:46 PM
I like them somewhat but i get tired of them rather easily (except for gold, silver and crystal which are my favorites which i'm hoping they'll remake soon), and my team when i had Diamond was Empoleon, Mismagius, Frostlass, Gardevoir, Lugia and Golem but i sold it thinking i was going to get Platinum instead but now i'm not sure if i'll do that.

I love learning monsters attacks that are weird for them though. :D Like how i let my Golem learn flamethrower to counter grass attacks. That really surprised my friend when we had a battle and he took out his grass pokemon thinking he would use it against my Golem. :D

Kamikaze Prinny
31-01-09, 08:55 PM
I've been trying to build a team, but I'm only part way there.

Ideally, my team will end up being this:

Medicham
Starmie
Rhyperior
Dusknoir
Salamence

...and something else...Not sure what. Any suggestions?

God-Like Phoenix
01-02-09, 03:19 AM
Lol, Sapphire is my favourite out of all the Pokemon games...and my team usually always consists of:

-Blaziken
-Altaria
-Gardevoir
-Absol
-???
-???

Thats right...I dont usually know the rest that I use :p

Leady FF ^^
01-02-09, 11:54 AM
i wonder when Platinum is coming out in PAL regions??

Outi
04-02-09, 04:21 AM
I used to be a fan of the original pokémon series .___. i feel dirty now

Onislash
04-02-09, 04:28 AM
i wonder when Platinum is coming out in PAL regions??

Isn't it 6+ months usually from the American release?

My Team:

Dragonite
Flygon
Salamence
Kingdra
Garchomp
Altaria

Competive it is not, but it works for the people I battle against.

Leady FF ^^
04-02-09, 09:40 AM
wow, what do you do with the Trapinch?

Onislash
04-02-09, 10:11 AM
:eek: Wrong end of the scale

Kenji Icarus
04-02-09, 11:04 AM
Well, I must admit that I'm still playing the games.
I've used to be a fan earlier, but know I'm just playing the latest editions.

Leady FF ^^
08-02-09, 07:54 PM
I just started playing Pokemon on the Wii. It's not bad (I havent played any of the console Poke games before - apart from SNAP), the animations dont go on for too long and the Pokemons animations are pretty well done. I'm sure the commentators voice might get borning after a while though ^^

LittleDragonZ
08-02-09, 07:57 PM
I remember when the anime started, just awesome the craze was. There was a lot of hype.

The first few portable games were equally as awesome and time sapping. I just love games with depth and customization.

Leady FF ^^
09-02-09, 08:37 AM
yeah they are so great. The depth is fantastic, you can literally play them for 200hr or morer and still have stuff you want to do it it.

silvertongue
09-02-09, 06:24 PM
I've never ever played a Pokemon game, apart from Pokemon Stadium on the N64.
I used to work at Game and i remember when Red & Blue where coming out, it was absolutely crazy. Pokemon fever!! It was total madness!

Leady FF ^^
09-02-09, 06:57 PM
haha..I was working in GAME then too. It was pretty awesome but some of the tat we used to sell was terrible. I remember we had some ultra annoying Ash watches that shouted 'Raaaaaichu Thunderstone' every time you opened them -_-

silvertongue
09-02-09, 08:20 PM
haha..I was working in GAME then too. It was pretty awesome but some of the tat we used to sell was terrible. I remember we had some ultra annoying Ash watches that shouted 'Raaaaaichu Thunderstone' every time you opened them -_-

and all those trading cards! We literally must've sold hundreds upon hundreds of them! I used to dread 3.30pm to 4.30pm as it was complete chaos with kids and adults alike coming in after school buying them. Do you remember the keyrings too? I was nicknamed Jigglypuff!! I wonder why? lol!

:)

Leady FF ^^
09-02-09, 09:33 PM
hahahahha....i dont think we had the keyrings! but yeah ur right the cards were insane :Z)

Wot store were u working in?

God-Like Phoenix
10-02-09, 07:01 AM
I think I still have a massive stack of the cards in my room somewhere...for me it was just one of the most awsome crazes :p Although it has sorta died down a bit for me ^.^

silvertongue
10-02-09, 09:13 AM
hahahahha....i dont think we had the keyrings! but yeah ur right the cards were insane :Z)

Wot store were u working in?

The Wigan store :)

zenkokuku
11-02-09, 04:33 AM
Pokemon is a great game and overlooked by many. When playing at a competitive level, mastering the basics and beating the game several times is simply not enough. Pokemon has brought some of great memories in the past. I still play the Emerald Version occasionally though.

Leady FF ^^
11-02-09, 11:30 AM
I still can't remember all the type match ups despite playing for hundred of hours. I have such a bad memory for these sorts of things. Like I still only know that water is good v rock, I can never remember which others!

LittleDragonZ
11-02-09, 05:23 PM
Lol I'm sure you know more than that! Unless you've never noticed why your Magikarp sucks so much...? And why its took you so long to get that far? :D

Ruka
11-02-09, 06:28 PM
I used to love playing Pokemon some years ago, I traded and battled a lot with my friends, we always aimed to be the first on obtaining the Legendary Pokemons.

Some of my favorite Pokemons were;
Mew, Zapdos, Articuno, Rayquaza, Absol, Kyogre, Salamence, Lugia, Latias, Latios, Suicune and some others, they are too many to list. :p

I used various types, but my favorites we're usually Water, Ghost and Psychic Pokemons.

I might try Diamond and Pearl someday.

God-Like Phoenix
11-02-09, 08:24 PM
My favourite types are usually Psychic, Dark and Dragon :) they just seem to get the job done well

Lol...Magikarp was such a useless turd...i hated trying to level it up...even if you dont fight with it...its just too much of a pain just to get a pokemon that will be taken in one shot by electricity ^.^

Onislash
11-02-09, 10:23 PM
My favourite type is Dragon. Hits rather hard most of the time.

I wonder if Magikarp can take electricity attacks better than Gyrados?

zenkokuku
12-02-09, 04:13 AM
I wonder if Magikarp can take electricity attacks better than Gyrados?
Even if Magikarp has all the type advantages of Gyarados AND is resistance to water, you would still use Gyarados. Magikarp's attack value is a joke and the only attacking move it knows is "Tackle" and CANNOT learn any TM/HM's... :p

SunAndSteel
12-02-09, 02:05 PM
Ah, this thread brings back memories, stuck on Pearl again just to remind myself of what I had. Remembered my first Elite 4 Victory, where I beat Cynthia's Garchomp with a Rozerade about 25 levels lower, by spamming flash and poisoning it more or less every time it fluked a hit. :D

All I remember asides from that is I started to build up a Dragon team, but got bored with the grind...

LewisSO
13-02-09, 02:20 PM
I can't remember my team of Pokemanz. I haven't picked up a Pokemon game in so long. I'll get Platinum when it comes out though.

Leady FF ^^
13-02-09, 04:20 PM
Rozerade

I love Rozerade ^^

Pokemon Platinum out in Europe in May. Can't wait ^^

Gischie
18-02-09, 05:09 PM
For the fans of the anime, this is the introduction in french :
http://www.coucoucircus.org/da/generique.php?id=305

In the website, you can also find in others languages!

Nova
20-02-09, 12:16 AM
I only have 4 Pokémon games, but I haven't played any of them in years. The games are Pokémon Blue, Yellow and Silver for Game Boy (color) and Pokémon Stadium for N64.

The only team I can remember is the one I use in Pokémon Blue, it's a team of 6 level 99 Mewtwos <_<'
(I got them all legit, so it took 6 playthroughs.)

DeathBlazer
20-02-09, 01:56 AM
I have diamond and pearl, don`t play them very often though. btw I'm pretty sure magikarp can learn flail.
my team at the moment is:
metagross
alakazam
salamence
roserade
gyarados
infernape

Onislash
21-02-09, 11:06 AM
Magikarp can certainly learn Flail, was it at level 25?. PBR gave me a reason to drag out diamond at least for now.

God-Like Phoenix
21-02-09, 10:51 PM
Thanks to this thread, ive been playing pearl quite a bit lately :p my brother got it ages ago, so might as well give it a go ^^

Leady FF ^^
23-02-09, 03:00 PM
Awesome GLP!

(I'm addicted to the Wii one at the moment. Seeing my Snorlax's Double-Edge in action is great!)

God-Like Phoenix
23-02-09, 07:09 PM
LOL....in my group so far, I have:
-Pashirisu
-Psyduck
-Meditite
-Monferno
-Geodude
-Happiny(got it with the egg, so might as well train it :rolleyes: )

Uhh...does anyone know what levels Meditite and Psyduck evolve...cause im starting to get annoyed at them for not evolving yet ^.^

Leady FF ^^
23-02-09, 10:32 PM
Cant remember but Golduck is really worth it. Great pokemon ^^

God-Like Phoenix
24-02-09, 08:52 AM
Yeah...and hopefully Medicham is worth it...and Im still waiting for a decent flying type pokemon...I dont want that stup!d Starly, I want something with some other type added to it, like Altaria did :)

Leady FF ^^
24-02-09, 12:12 PM
What about the metal chicken I forgot the name of? I love that guy!

Onislash
24-02-09, 12:40 PM
Skamory? I guess that qualifies, however trying to catch the metal chicken almost eliminated a stock of 50+ Ultra Balls. That last part gives me nightmares all the time.:eek:

Leady FF ^^
24-02-09, 01:18 PM
Skamory, that's it! One ultra-cool like pokemon right there ^^ . And yes, they can be a bit annoying to catch.

God-Like Phoenix
24-02-09, 08:12 PM
I dont like it...cause its way too vulnerable to fire, and even fighting has a chance because of its steel aspect.

*sigh* fine, I'll just wait untill something decent comes along -_-

DeathBlazer
26-02-09, 03:30 AM
meditite evolves at lvl 37 and psyduck at 33. hope that helps.

God-Like Phoenix
26-02-09, 05:45 AM
Yes, it does help, thanks...now all I need to do is train a hell of a lot :p

DeathBlazer
26-02-09, 07:11 PM
what part are you at now? I may be able to reccomend a good spot.

God-Like Phoenix
26-02-09, 07:29 PM
Uhh...I just 'cured' the Psyducks blocking the path...but there was that restaraunt where every one you can battle as many times, thats a pretty good spot :)

DeathBlazer
26-02-09, 08:14 PM
hmm, can't really remember any good training spots after that. but I could send an item that boosts exp that I'm not using any more if you want it.

God-Like Phoenix
26-02-09, 08:42 PM
Nah, thats fine...I going alright with the party I have :) which is right now at:

-Lv33 Golduck
-Lv30 Meditite
-Lv29 Pashirisu
-Lv28 Staravia
-Lv26 Monferno
-Lv25 Graveler

DeathBlazer
26-02-09, 09:03 PM
congrats on getting your psyduck to evolve. btw just in case you didn't know, a graveler has to evolve via a trade. just letting you know cuz I don't know how many of the games you've played.

God-Like Phoenix
27-02-09, 04:05 AM
Yes, now I have played almost all Pokemon games, and I know that he has to be traded to evolve, same with Haunter, Kadabra and Machoke...thats just annoying though :p

I only got him because he was quite useful in the first portion of the game, and according to my brother, I might need to use him again for the final Gym leader, who is electric?

Leady FF ^^
27-02-09, 08:49 AM
I've finally managed to transfer every pokemon I had from Sapphire, Emerald and Leaf Green onto Pearl via the Pal Park (that was project took around 6 months lol).

Now I am going through the old games to get 3 of each starter pokemon and then transfering to Pearl (booooring but worth it I hope).

God-Like Phoenix
27-02-09, 09:38 AM
lol, your going to want its worth it, taking that much time :p

DeathBlazer
27-02-09, 06:18 PM
the final gym leader uses an octillery, so be careful about that

God-Like Phoenix
27-02-09, 10:16 PM
Ok then, Ill be ready for it :)

I finally evolved my Meditite *yay* and now it kicks even more @ss :p especially at the gym where they all use steel type pokemon...well, there are a few Onix and other things here and there though ^^

DeathBlazer
28-02-09, 01:27 AM
I forgot to mention, if you're using anything weak to electric attacks when facing octillery expect a charge beam(gym leaders signature move)

Onislash
28-02-09, 10:08 AM
Doesnt most of his pokemon have that move (charge beam)?

With the steel gym I had a Machamp with Revenge, which I did not think much about until the leader. I was very grateful after the match.

God-Like Phoenix
28-02-09, 10:32 AM
LOL, for that Gym leader, I just used either Medicham with Brick Break, or Golduck with surf :p that seemed to sort them out fairly quickly ^^

Onislash
28-02-09, 10:35 AM
Bastidon was knocked out by 1 Revenge. Considering the last time I beat that leader I was down to struggle against it, I was happy about that result.:D

DeathBlazer
01-03-09, 12:22 AM
that gym leader was easy with chimchar as my starter, and yes I think all the pokemon on his team have charge beam not sure about his ambipom though.

God-Like Phoenix
01-03-09, 12:30 AM
I beat the final Gym leader quite easily, and I dont think that Ambipom knew Charge Beam, because I was attack it with Golduck and he still didnt use anything like that, but after he switched him out for someone that could take out Golduck, then I just used Palkia, Medicham and Lucario :p

Leady FF ^^
01-03-09, 08:39 PM
I love Baton Pass - what a move. I always use um Umbreon to pass super-high evasion stats to my Snorlax. Works so well against the AI on Wii game (so far anyway!).

Captain Ashton
03-03-09, 06:13 PM
I enjoy the games. My team in Diamond atm is:
Dragonite,
Espeon,
Lucario,
Leafeon,
Glaceon,
Jolteon.
(Yes, you guessed it, I'm an eeveelutions fan :P)

Leady FF ^^
05-03-09, 12:37 PM
Nice team! Loving the Dragonite in there ^^

God-Like Phoenix
06-03-09, 11:39 AM
My brother loves Dragonite, and well...pretty much any dragon related pokemon...like Garydos (fail spelling :rolleyes: ) while I mainly like the Fighting-->Dark-->Psychic trio...it works the same as the fire, water, grass...but its better :p

Anyway...ive finally made it to the Elite four, but its going to take one hell of a long time for me to finally get through the whole thing ^^

Leady FF ^^
06-03-09, 02:07 PM
Took me ages to get through the e4 in Pearl (mainly because I didnt like any of the pokemon i was getting on my way through the game do I didnt really bother levelling any of them up other than the pass the dungeons/gym leaders).

DeathBlazer
06-03-09, 07:19 PM
do you have a vs seeker yet? if so you can put an amulet coin on your lead and start fighting the rich kid next to the grass patch just outside of the valor lakefront for 19k a battle. provided you can beat a lvl 56 luxray.

God-Like Phoenix
07-03-09, 12:02 AM
Yeah, I got the vs seeker some time ago, and now im actually using it to train :p
A Luxray should be all that much of a problem, when I use my lv50 Medicham with Brick Break :D

Ive started to train up my Monferno and a Sneasel mainly because im pretty sure that they would be more usful :rolleyes:

DeathBlazer
07-03-09, 01:11 AM
your right about sneasel,especially when it evolves.

God-Like Phoenix
07-03-09, 09:03 AM
LOL, yeah...so right now...I have a:

Fire-Fighting(Monferno)
Water-Dragon(Palkia)
Fighting-Psychic(Medicham)
Fighting-Steel(Lucario)
Ice-Dark(Sneasel)
Flying-Normal(Staraptor)

DeathBlazer
08-03-09, 04:26 PM
not bad, is your favourite type fighting or something cause I'm seeing an awful lot there?

God-Like Phoenix
08-03-09, 08:22 PM
As I said a few posts ago...I like the trio of Fighting-Dark-Psychic :p
Theyre just really good, and when combined with some of the other types, like Sneasal with Ice for example, it can take out a whole new range of enemies, but then again, makes fighting twice as effective against him :p

DeathBlazer
09-03-09, 12:59 AM
meh,sneasel would get 1 hit koed anyways so dual weakness doesn't matter in it's case

God-Like Phoenix
09-03-09, 07:00 AM
Yeah...I guess so, I guess the double weakness comes in handy with any flying attack on Heracross, due to it being fighting-bug :)

Leady FF ^^
09-03-09, 09:06 AM
meh,sneasel would get 1 hit koed anyways so dual weakness doesn't matter in it's case

Yeah but Sneasel is awesome!!! (I havent managed to get his evolved form yet [forgot its name])

GLP you need to get Pokemon on Wii, it's class ^^

DeathBlazer
09-03-09, 05:49 PM
it wouldn't be that easy to take out a heracross, believe me. most have a jolly nature(sp.atk down 10% speed up 10%) and are scarfed. and sneasels evolved form is weavile.

God-Like Phoenix
09-03-09, 06:34 PM
GLP you need to get Pokemon on Wii, it's class ^^
LOL, I might get it...once we actually do get a Wii :p which actually might be sometime soon :)

Heracross when you verse him at the first elite four is alright to get rid of...using Staraptor and Fly, but the only problem is that they use that rock move...I cant remember what its called, but it takes off around 3/4 of my health, so pretty much makes my Staraptor useless after that :p

DeathBlazer
09-03-09, 10:05 PM
yeah but that's AI. put it in human hands and it's deadly.

God-Like Phoenix
10-03-09, 11:50 AM
Yeah...i guess so.

Well, I finally have Infernape who can actually take out the first few from the Bug guy in the E4, but im still waiting for Sneasel to evolve, what level does that actually happen? or do I need a stone, or some other special method?

DeathBlazer
10-03-09, 04:18 PM
equip it with a razor claw and lvl it between 4 a.m. and 8 p.m.

Leady FF ^^
11-03-09, 08:48 AM
DeathBlazer - you sound like an expert. Thanks for the tips! on Heracross.

How good would you say Weavile is? Worth rasing (I mean other than because it looks cool).

This thread = :worships:

God-Like Phoenix
11-03-09, 08:55 AM
LOL, yeah, thanks DeathBlazer for the help :)

I want to get Weavile cause it looks cool also...and I like Dark type pokemon :) and the fact that it can learn surf helps ^^

DeathBlazer
11-03-09, 04:59 PM
thanks for the compliments:). as for weavile most ppl use focus sash on it to prevent early ko's. I haven't used weavile before but I reccomend sticking with focus sash for it.

God-Like Phoenix
11-03-09, 07:34 PM
Ok, at what level does Weavile learn focus slash...cause I might have gone past at still trying to evolve Sneasel :p right now mine is as lv47

DeathBlazer
11-03-09, 08:10 PM
it's focus sash, it's an item to be equipped by the pokemon, like charcoal and such, hard to get though. try looking in a faq at gamefaqs.com to find out where you can get them.

God-Like Phoenix
19-03-09, 08:02 PM
Im trying to catch those three legendary things, I have two of them already, its just the third one thats being a pain and running all over the place -_- and depending one which one is the best, I will use it in my party :p

Leady FF ^^
20-03-09, 08:46 AM
I remember when I was trying to catch Latios >.< SO ANNOYING !!!

God-Like Phoenix
20-03-09, 09:04 AM
Latias and Latios were the two right? I think I was after the red one, but got annoyed and gave up :p but hopefully I will get that other legendary on pearl before I get too annoyed ^^

DeathBlazer
21-03-09, 01:57 AM
after mespirit huh? that thing is a friggin pain to catch, though not as much as cressellia.

God-Like Phoenix
21-03-09, 08:09 AM
I got Mesprit ^^ all it took was a few turns to lower its HP, then a Dusk ball at night did the trick :)

Now im going through the elite four, trying to get through, and my party so far is:
-Lv52 Azelf
-Lv50 Infernape
-Lv59 Medicham
-Lv51 Staraptor
-Lv57 Palkia
-Lv49 Weavile

DeathBlazer
21-03-09, 10:49 AM
if you've got enough healing items that should be enough to get through the elite four.

God-Like Phoenix
21-03-09, 11:09 AM
Yeah...without Azelf, and with a whole lot of full restores and revives, I managed to make it to Cynthia's Milotic, which really killed my because I didnt have any electricity to kill it with...but now I have Azelf that knows thunder, that should do the trick :p

Leady FF ^^
21-03-09, 12:45 PM
hows Weavile GLP?

Good luck on the e4!

God-Like Phoenix
21-03-09, 01:05 PM
Weavile is pretty good against the fourth guy, the one with the psychic...well, thats because my Weavile knows X-Scissor, but is overly vulnerable to fighting attacks, which makes Alakazam annoying, cause he knows Focus Blast, a fighting move.

Its speed and attack are brilliant, both of its defences are sub-par, and its special attack is just awful...at lv49, its Sp.Atk is only at 57 -_-

DeathBlazer
21-03-09, 07:45 PM
weavile was never meant to us any kind of special attacks. it was always intended to be a physical sweeper.

God-Like Phoenix
24-03-09, 09:12 AM
Yeah, and thats what im going to be doing with it :) but I am going to be making a change to my party, Medicham was starting to fall behind in the attack department, so im going to putting in Roserade instead :p

Onislash
24-03-09, 09:29 AM
I used Roserade for one of my Elite Four runs sometime ago and it was a huge asset, so that should help a lot.

Leady FF ^^
24-03-09, 09:40 AM
Roserade is absolutely awesome.

I'm currently levelling up some dudes (mainly a Espeon and Umbreon) on the e4 as I need them for the Wii version.

God-Like Phoenix
24-03-09, 09:58 AM
Ahh...lol...so it sounds like Roserade is a good choice after all ^^
Azelf also seems to be a pretty good attacker also, but again...just like the others, it has quite a very small defence stats, but I guess if I can hit first, it doesnt really matter :p

Onislash
24-03-09, 10:01 AM
When its around 31 pokemon vs 6 pokemon you cant really afford to get hit. Unless your really rich.

Roserade slaughters Agatha and most likely a few others like gastrodon.

DeathBlazer
24-03-09, 11:06 PM
medicham is only really good if you breed it so it can have better moves. also the reason it`s atk is lower than others is because it can have the passive ability pure power which doubles his atk during battle if I recall correctly.

God-Like Phoenix
24-03-09, 11:41 PM
Yeah, it did have that...but after a while, it didnt really seem to have such a great impact as it did when I first got it ^^

Ruka
25-03-09, 01:46 PM
There is one thing that keeps me giving high scores to this series, why bother creating some super or unique Pokemons, that US/European fans can't get them; Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Arceus and many others. =/

We are forced to hack the game or trade with someone who has done it as we can't get those mistery gift, in order to get them/fight them.
To me thats a bit too much exagerating from their side.

That and release two or more versions slighty changed.

DeathBlazer
28-03-09, 01:05 AM
I agree, making pokemon available through events only wasn't their smartest idea...

God-Like Phoenix
17-04-09, 10:00 AM
I have a new epically awsome team :D
-Palkia
-Weavile
-Giratina
-Infernape

And now my two others that are still to be fully trained :p
-Altaria
-Absol

Those two are my all time favourite pokemon ^^

Matty1994
19-04-09, 08:49 AM
i like pokemon but i dont mind watching the anime of it but i much rather prefer playing the games

games i play at mo are diamond and pearl cant wait till i get platinum

baden123456
24-04-09, 12:22 AM
im working on platium

team
infernape
psyduck
jolteon
poselia
staravia
??? any ideas for the last one

God-Like Phoenix
24-04-09, 01:22 PM
A really strong attacker is Weaville, which you can evolve from a Sneasal, with the reqirements for evolving it somewhere earlier in this thread. Although it has a high attack stat, its Special attack is quite low, and both defence stats are really quite low, so try to use physical attacks with it. For taking on the fourth member of the elite four, I taught mine X-Scissor, and it just ripped through them :) (except Bronzong)

If you have access to Ruby or Sapphire, a Ralts is a good one to have, as it eventually evolves into Gardevoir which has a very high special attack stat, but physically it is fairly weak. One problem with this pokemon though is that it takes a lot more exp to level up than most others, but once you level it up high enough, it should be able to take on most enemies :)

If you have any of the legendaries, they can be quite helpful, I have Giratina and Palkia, but I seem to use Palkia more, as it works well against most of the elite four :)

Leady FF ^^
24-04-09, 03:34 PM
Cant bloody wait for Platinum UK release ^^.

Been breeding some *cant remember the pokemon's names* in the meantime and weeding weak ones out via Rare Candy save cancels lol.

(the pokemon i mean, it's like a brown and white standing up weazel thing LOL!)

ManaAlchemist
08-05-09, 05:47 PM
Has anyone here seen that pokemon gold & silver is getting remade? With the names Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver. :) Myself i'm really happy about this as gold and silver is still the best pokemon games (IMO). Though i'm guessing if japan gets them this fall, well probably not get them here in europe untill fall 2010 or 2011.

entropy-cipher
08-05-09, 05:54 PM
I'm excited for the remakes. I'm a bit disappointed in the names though. When a rumor started a few years ago about remakes, it was stuff like "Dusk Gold" which I like a lot better. Oh well. Can't wait <3

Leady FF ^^
08-05-09, 07:13 PM
Has anyone here seen that pokemon gold & silver is getting remade? With the names Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

entropy-cipher told me about it yesterday and then I saw the official news today. I am so excited. Pokemon never ends!

Onislash
14-05-09, 03:13 PM
Started Platinum. Of course, mostly the same so far.

Team:

Shinx Lv 8
Bidoof Lv 8
Krickettune (Think thats right) Lv 8
Starly Lv 8
Turtwig Lv 9

Wondering about the usefulness of Zubat training. I have beat the living hell out of many zubats, but never really trained them myself.

DeathBlazer
23-05-09, 08:43 AM
they're fairly good if you're willing to put in the time to raise happiness for the final form.

Leady FF ^^
26-05-09, 10:40 AM
I got Platinum today ^^ cant wait to go home now!!

Bumblesquee
27-05-09, 01:37 PM
I'm gonna wait to get Platinum; though I have enough money now, my birthday's in two weeks, so I'm going to see how much money I get before spending it. That being said, I'll most likely end up buying Platinum no matter how much I get. =P

I just finished (defeated E4) in Emerald for the umpteenth time. Team is:
Armaldo, level 55
Gardevoir, level 50
Sceptile, level 54
Xatu, level 43
Alakazam, level 50

Probably my lowest-leveled E4 team so far in 3rd gen. Usually I have two or three at least level 60 by now.

I love Armaldo, but I've never used him during an actual playthrough before. Same goes for Xatu. Never used the Abra line either, but I'm sorta indifferent towards him. Didn't find much use for him outside of obliterating Brawley as a Kadabra. All in all, I wanted to try different Pokemon than I normally use, but I ended up not enjoying this playthrough as much as others. Armaldo was fun to use though and basically carried me through most of the E4.