PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Warriors 4/4-II/Empires

Korin
06-06-13, 01:46 AM
I read somewhere that KOEI confirmed it's coming out in February 2014 for Japan, dunno where I read it as I can't recall.

Black_Dragon
11-07-13, 01:44 PM
First we need 3 .... dammit

Korin
11-07-13, 02:23 PM
for PS3 ?

yes I agree but that's unlikely because it's only released in Western world for Wii

and I'm looking forward to SW4 coming overseas.
since SW3 is long in the past.

either SW3 or SW4 --- please I hope -- because I MISS Samurai Warriors so badly!!!
so much DW!!! not enough SW!!!

Black_Dragon
13-07-13, 12:43 PM
Yeah
But still it would be great to have......
i guess the only thing we can do is wait

Korin
13-07-13, 03:37 PM
it would
but probably wont happen

i just want SW4 for both generations
and for all regions

cuz its kinda late to release SW3 in retail for PS3 overseas

Black_Dragon
14-07-13, 01:26 PM
Good point i hadn't considered that
although segoku basera might be to blame for SW not getting any releases

Korin
14-07-13, 06:31 PM
thats just a stupid reason

theres plenty of FPS games (that are similar to each other) that get released in all regions

so why cant both sengoku basara and samurai warriors too ?

P.S. it's better to hope to get SW4 for NA and Europe... since SW3 is long gone..

Black_Dragon
16-07-13, 02:19 PM
I don't think that's really the point
although it would take me ages to explain the discrepancy and whatever

Black_Dragon
28-12-13, 06:32 PM
yep this will probably come out ....
probably
probably
.... so long as its not a wii ver

Canderous
17-02-14, 10:48 AM
J'aimerais savoir pourquoi ils ne les font pas aussi sur Xbox 360 ?

Mr.Honda
28-03-14, 07:12 PM
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sengoku4/index.html

The game is currently for PS3/Vita in Japan. No news yet on overseas release or if it will come to other consoles.

No doubt, Chin, TKE and TK America will announce it here and/or through social media channels when it does.

Superbuu3
30-03-14, 03:05 PM
We didn't get SW3 so I dunno if we'd get this released here if there wasw aq PS4 version I'd be more optimistic. Honestly though not really a fan of Samurai warriors I rarely play as those guys in warriors orochi aside from masamune date as he's awesome.

LittleDragonZ
30-03-14, 04:17 PM
We did get Samurai Warriors 3 for the Nintendo Wii and I think it was the best SW game I had played. It's just that Samurai Warriors 3 Z and Empires never made it outside of Japan.

This is a main title, Sengoku Musou 4 (aka Samurai Warriors 4), and it's been some time since the last, so I think there's a good chance considering it's on the PlayStation 3 as well.

Superbuu3
02-04-14, 12:33 AM
Oh right I forgot the vanilla game was on Wii first. Guess its a possiblity in that case. Honestly I'd be suprised if it did come over just because I don't know any fans of the Samurai Warriors franchise, all the people I know who play Koei games prefer DW. I guess that sounds like a big assumption, but i considered SW niche within an already niche market.

Mr.Honda
02-04-14, 05:47 PM
DW series definitely is more well known, its been around longer.

Most people I've encountered who are unfamiliar with the series can at least identify the KOEI games as simply the "Dynasty Warriors games"

I'm personally more attached to the SW series, myself. There's just something about the Japanese culture that I've always been drawn to.

But yea, I'm in agreement with LDZ that its likely going to be localized and released outside of Japan. Its their 10th anniversary after all, and there are plenty of SW fans with PS3s/PS4s who have been waiting years for an updated title in their language on their preferred console.

Like me! LOL :D

Superbuu3
04-04-14, 02:50 PM
Yeah I guess so I might pick it up, i'm not 100% sure yet though.

Black_Dragon
13-04-14, 04:14 PM
.... Sengoku basera is the problem

This should solve it, SW4 :)

will wait for it impatiently

Mr.Honda
14-04-14, 11:15 PM
I'm wavering between patience and impatience XD

The game looks so good, but I just can't bring myself to import when I'm confident we'll see it in English soon enough.

I'm still playing WO3 and sometimes get disappointed when my SW characters won't Godspeed :(

MarikoFenrir
21-05-14, 05:52 PM
I am soo hyped.. all my patience has paid off.. I held off on the Japanese version of the game due the glimmer of hope this would be released in EU/US.. I'm kinda sad for 360 owners.. but without much Japanese support on the console.. and even less on Xbox-One (apart from FFXV) but still THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL YEAR GAME WISE THUS FAR.. :D especially after Sengoku Basara sequel didn't make it :( I've checked and double I've chcked to make sure.. it's going to be shown off at a booth at londons comic-con Release date: FALL 2014.. I'm now gunna run through Samurai Warriors 3 by playing on my Wii (in the first time in a while :D) Thank you very much Tecmo Koei Europe.. I love you guys.. you bring games fans want.. and even games we didn't expect to see our shores (Atelier plus games and Deception IV.. come to mind)

Mr.Honda
22-05-14, 05:31 PM
I am soo hyped.. all my patience has paid off.. I held off on the Japanese version of the game due the glimmer of hope this would be released in EU/US ... Thank you very much Tecmo Koei Europe.. I love you guys.. you bring games fans want.. and even games we didn't expect to see our shores

Well said. Agree with you 100%

Samurai Warriors 4 will be released in Fall/Autumn 2014 for PS3/PS4/PSVita

As always, you can expect an official news update from Chin when the release date is announced. For now, lets just bask in our moment of #TKFamily glory. 2014 is indeed a good year for Warriors fans ;)

Black_Dragon
23-05-14, 03:25 PM
Its a dream come true..... i think.

Anyways hyped and cant wait :3

Mr.Honda
03-06-14, 06:29 PM
SAMURAI WARRIORS 4 is coming to PS4, PS3 and PS Vita on October 24, 2014 across Europe.

Well, there you have it. Release date confirmed. I did not yet see anything on pricing or physical/digital details for European releases from TKE yet, so will keep you posted when that becomes known.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those joining us from North America, the release date is October 21, 2014.

Also, this little tidbit of information was shared via Siliconera (also for North America):

In North America, Tecmo Koei say the PS3 and Vita versions of the game will be available exclusively as downloads for $49.99 and $39.99. The PS4 version will be available at retail and will cost $59.99.

MarikoFenrir
12-06-14, 08:11 AM
Wow.. that's my 6months of gaming sorted.. hoping for a physical copy though on PS3 in EU.. since tecmo-koei downloads are pretty hefty in size 17-20gb ^^; having to delete other games to make upwards of 40gb (due to making us have enough space for the game download.. and installation.. on a 140gb HDD) is a pain.. (I don't like using externals.. makes a game feel even lesss like it's yours..) (quite glad I held out on buying drakengard 3.. digital.. with it's 52GB.. initial required space now.. just incase) The release date is welcome though.. will have enough time to go through Tales of Xillia 2 :) & have more PS3 fun while saving for a PS4.. :D (which.. I really want for FF type-0 HD.. been waiting 8 years for this bloody game and they throw a mandatory PS4/XboxOne in my face >.

Mr.Honda
12-06-14, 04:43 PM
Well, the only region we know of that is definitely getting digital-only release is US region. Have not heard TKE confirm a physical release or not, they may still be deciding that.

IN OTHER NEWS:

E3 livestream of Samurai Warriors 4 (English gameplay)!!!

Links:

- (12:20 PDT/ 19:20 GMT Gamespot) http://www.gamespot.com/e3/live/
Source: https://twitter.com/TecmoKoeiUS/status/477101745797988353

- (15:00 PDT/ 22:00 GMT twitch) http://www.twitch.tv/team/e3
Source: https://twitter.com/TecmoKoeiUS/status/477102321684340737

Mr.Honda
09-07-14, 05:26 PM
Official European SW4 Site launched today: http://www.samuraiwarriors4.eu/

Looks like just a few characters are up now, with more on the way later with the "System", "Modes" and "Attacks" sections.

Looks good :cool:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US site link: http://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/sw4/

LittleDragonZ
20-07-14, 02:55 PM
The full Sengoku Musou 4 OST is available from September 3rd due to the arrival of the PlayStation 4 version incoming. Beforehand it was just the 10 new tracks + 5 past songs package on a CD, but now alike the Shin Sangokumusou 7 OST it's complete and there is a 3 CD set with even this time the DLC tracks recorded with it for sale.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00LSYYFLC/musoublog-22/ref=nosim/

Mr.Honda
07-10-14, 06:34 PM
Only two weeks left before Samurai Warriors 4 releases in North America!!! 2009

Can't wait to play this. Been waiting years for another SW game since SW2 to be on PS consoles. So excited!! :D

Mr.Honda
20-10-14, 03:55 PM
Tomorrow's the day for US release. Going to stay up late and download it and maybe play it too. Sleep is for the weak 2015

Mr.Honda
21-10-14, 05:22 PM
For those of us in the US, today is the release date for Samurai Warriors 4 :D

Get your copy yet?

Which version did you get?

What are your thoughts on the game?

MarikoFenrir
22-10-14, 04:45 PM
I'm seriously looking forward to the release on Friday.. just something which is cheesing me off (especially on Vita..) The £10 EU.. price increase.. In the US the game is $39.99 on Vita.. which is £24.68.. using a currency converter In the UK/EU.. it's gunna be £34.99 which is the same BS.. that many companies have adopted.. punishing customers due to their region.. especially considering a Download only title (on PS3/Vita) & no extra "work" was put into the localisation for EU.. What's really sad.. is Senran Kagura: Shinobi Versus.. which is $39.99.. is the rightful price of £24.99 in EU.. (& is a much more "niche" title.. lol)) I don't know whether it's Koei-Tecmo or Sony.. but this is becoming really annoying really fast.. especially when other titles.. which are $39.99 in US are the right price on EU.. but bigger companies seem to charge an extra £10.. I'm not doing this just to rant.. just to notify EU fans.. that this is happening.. and is prominent on many VIta and some PS3 titles :(

Mr.Honda
22-10-14, 04:58 PM
For what its worth, the game is worth every dollar/Euro/pound :p

I started last night with the Legend of the Takeda, and the game looks amazing (PS3 version). The gameplay is solid, Hyper Attacks are really fun to use, and the new musou attacks are awesome :cool:

Nobuyuki has already established himself as my favorite Sanada ;)

MarikoFenrir
23-10-14, 12:47 PM
As I said not a rant.. more of a notification.. ^^;; There will probably be a price decrease.. like Conception 2 has learned.. (since it was one of the first games to adopt.. price increase for EU..) I probably will still download on Friday.. if not it'll have to wait for a week+ due to financial constraints.. :( I'll have to see what my quote is on something I'm willing to get rid.. since I've waited soo long for a proper SW title on PS3.. after only having WO3.. (and using only SW characters XD)

Kaiser Dragon
08-11-14, 06:11 PM
I was disappointed to find out that the LE was only available on PS4. Even more that the Vita version was digital only.

I still intend to get the game, but will probably get it during a sale since I think that $39.99 is too high for a digital only game.

Mr.Honda
10-11-14, 04:16 PM
I'm missing out on the LE as well (PS3) but still enjoying the game.

I'm almost through the Unification story, currently at Sekigahara actually.

Still haven't touched Chronicle Mode, but I'm starting to get ideas for CAW.

Mr.Honda
18-11-14, 05:02 PM
So, we're getting a patch soon for this game for the music trophy glitch on affected consoles

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/533265530522984448

Our team is currently working on the patch to fix the PS3 and PS Vita trophies for Samurai Warriors 4.

Its also being reported that there is a glitch/bug in Chronicle Mode when you choose Oichi as your primary character, the Chronicle Mode map focuses on the ocean, rendering the mode unplayable since you can't see the map, where you need to go, etc. This seems to be consistent across at least the PS3/PS4 consoles. I haven't seen it reported for the Vita ... yet.

Limguear
10-01-15, 07:14 PM
Buenas,

Seré breve, estoy muy decepcionado con el online de este juego, ya que, no me deja invitar a ningún amigo a jugar, puesto que, siempre me sale el mismo error " a connection error has ocurred ", siempre me pasa tanto en el modo Story como en el Chronicle, lo gracioso del asunto, es que, en el modo story solo me deja invitar en las fases de Legend of Kanto pero en las demás se le siempre ese error. En el modo chronicle pasa exactamente lo mismo, solo me deja invitar en la región de Kinki y en las demas salta el error. Tanto mis amigos como yo lo hemos probado todo, y con diferentes conexiones la gran mayoría de ellas con 50 y 100 mb. me gustaría saber si se lanzara algún parche para solucionar esto o si hay alguna solución. Soy fan de la saga tanto de Samurai como de Dynasty y poseo todo los juegos de la saga pero esto me ha decepcionado mucho.

Un saludo.

Mr.Honda
11-01-15, 05:05 PM
Yea, there have been a lot of reported problems with the online for this game. Many people get the "a connection error has occurred" message. The one time I tried connecting online, I got the same message.

Not sure if it's an intermittent problem or if it's a widespread problem. I also don't know if the development team in Japan has looked into this or not.

Limguear
12-01-15, 03:56 PM
And you can report the problem to Koei, to see if there is any solution?

thanks you

Mr.Honda
20-05-15, 02:43 PM
Samurai Warriors 4-II has been announced in connection with the MCM Comic Con this week.

EU Release Date: October 2, 2015
US Release Date: September 29, 2015

Platform(s): PS4, PS3 (digital), & PS Vita (digital) and PC (Steam)

———

There will be a playable demo at MCM for those able to attend.

Nice to see the PC fans getting some SW love this time around.

Mr.Honda
20-10-15, 03:27 PM
Samurai Warriors 4 Empires has been announced today for release.

EU Release Date: March 11, 2016
US Release Date: March 15, 2016

Platform(s): PS4, PS3 (digital), & PS Vita (digital)

———

Black_Dragon
30-11-15, 05:02 PM
Thats a really quite a small window. Theres quite a few games coming in the short few months. Guess we'll be kept quite busy. Also backlog ....:(

Mr.Honda
30-11-15, 05:32 PM
The backlog struggle is real :eek:

Black_Dragon
02-12-15, 04:41 PM
Indeed. Lets hope we can shrink it enough before these games come out. I still havent even started 4-2 yet :(.

Mr.Honda
09-12-15, 05:38 PM
I don't even have a copy of 4-II yet X_X

Bad Honda.