PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Warriors 3

LittleDragonZ
01-02-09, 03:02 PM
My favorite out out the lot! I love the music (fave OST), stages, challenge, character designs, and it's really the game that got me DW obsessed. It improved by much over Dynasty Warriors 2 by adding in the characters, special items and weapons, adding voice acting in stages, etc. Though the music stayed very much the same except with the added levels of course.

DW4's darker theme shocked me a bit at first, but I'm glad it changed back to being colourful in 5 and 6. Similar to what I like in 3.

Anybody else love it or have opinions?

Lady Sun
01-02-09, 06:06 PM
I really dislike DW3, I think it is the worse one ever. The characters voices are annoying and very unrealistic for the personas, the music is irritating - we're fighting in a battle, not in some doped up techno club. The graphics are blocky, and weapon system is rubbish. I rather earn my weapons then find them in crates. I know alot of people are going to disagree with me, but I really don't understand why and how people like
DW3!?

One Eyed Dragon
01-02-09, 06:18 PM
I donīt like DW3.
Lady Sun sad everything and... yeah why does Koei took Nu Wa and Fu Xi out after that one?:confused: Itīs absolutly not fair!

foamy666
01-02-09, 07:36 PM
Well I love DW3 and it's my favourite of the series.

Okay compared to some of the new ones it had a lot of flaws but when it was released it improved a hell of a lot of stuff from DW2 and was a brilliant game despite it's flaws which you only really notice after playing some of the new ones and the only one that really gets me is not being able to pick up items while mounted the rest eh not really that bad.

Overall there are 3 major reasons I like DW3 over the others.

1. It's challenging- DW3 is the hardest and most challenging DW game in my opinion as it's the only game where I've gone "**** it's Lu Bu RUN AWAY" or actually seen a large block of troops and got worried hell whenever I see a group of about 10 crossbowmen I curse knowing I'm most likely going to be turned into a pin cushion. Which is why I like it the fact that even a basic troop is tough and quite nasty if your not careful unlike later ones when there just a minor nuisance and only generals really give me trouble or juggernauts.

2. It's funny- A lot of the cutscenes make me laugh as the fact all the characters will be able to do certain cut scenes e.g. attacking Hu Lao Gate with the ram each character will have a unique cutscene some of them are damn right funny like Xiao Qiao guarding the Chang Ban bridge or Guan Yu going to fight himself at Fan Castle.

3. The attitudes- Now this is something that annoys me about lots of the current characters which is there attitudes. Ma Chao and his justice addiction, Lu Bu and his might etc really annoy me but in DW3 none of that really exists and I like that makes me like the characters.

Of course DW3 does have problems like the voice acting but it's the first one with voice acting during gameplay not just in movies so I don't hold it against it and I actually do like some of them compared to new ones Lu Bu, the Qiaos and Zhang Jiao being the main ones though ones like Xu Zhu and Xiahou Yuan I'm glad they changed.

But overall I like it and it will still be my favourite of the lot unless DW7 blows me away some how.

LittleDragonZ
01-02-09, 08:04 PM
@foamy666: I agree, I think both Lu Bu and Ma Chao are not as impacting as they are now, with all Ma Chao's rant about justice in every situation and stage he appears in. Besides, IIRC, Ma Chao is just about avenging his fallen father in 3. Whereas without XL Lu Bu just is in one stage and it makes it more worthwhile, plus not needing to listen to him and how he's going to slaughter you all the time. I guess it's what happens when Koei think to expand a character's personality.

I too prefer the more mature Qiao voices, and appearance also.

Gan Ning's a total beast in DW3, thanks to his more controllable musou and insane power.

My favorite stage is the Battle of He Fei with all the fighting in the center, it being difficult and all the cool cutscenes.

Alonzo Orion
01-02-09, 10:30 PM
Through my entire time playing Dynasty Warriors 3; I may have well been on crack... I can hardly remember any of it, I do recall the number of characters and personalities in it being absolutely astounding, the dodgy music, playing with paranoid friends, fighting over characters... Pfft. Not particularly good memories.

silvertongue
02-02-09, 11:04 AM
To be honest i've only ever played it a little bit as i got it around the time i got DW5.
I had no idea that Nu Wa was in it! I honestly thought WO2 was the first time she had appeared. The same with Fu Xi!
You learn something everyday!
:)

LittleDragonZ
02-02-09, 12:30 PM
It took me ages to unlock Nu Wa and Fu Xi, no idea why. And I never had the internet back then. I remember suddenly seeing them in the select screen and me rushing to my brother lol.

I prefer Fu Xi's design in DW3, but prefer Nu Wa's in WO.

Ruka
02-02-09, 04:01 PM
DW3 was a great game, despise having much fails such as couldn't pick up items on horse, mounts don't appear on the map and in worst case; the huge damage arrows caused. x_X

DW3 is a great game, the soundtrack features some of the best themes ever shown on Warriors titles, Lu Bu was much more harder, the challenges and VS Mode's were great, I liked the officers fight the most, me and my friend always trying to get Lu Bu defecting to each other team. :p

LittleDragonZ
07-02-09, 11:15 AM
Yeah, if a person were so into graphics and had played the latest, Dynasty Warriors 6 for instance. They may find it a bit hard to forget these kind of things such as not being able to dismount when moving. But I would advise to forget and just enjoy.

@Gabranth, yeah, did you know you could jump in one of the towers in that VS stage? It's the one closest to the walkway.

I played the map in the spiked ring also quite a number of times, the 1VS1 against my brother. It's a shame it wasn't any bigger.

Qing Long
07-02-09, 04:23 PM
Dynasty Warriors is excellent to play ^^ Plus this game was translated in French & voice acting is in French too :) (Apparently there're also a Chinese version too, maybe there're German/Italian/Spanish version too)
(By the way, how fun is Sun Jian's & Zhou Yu's French voice in this one XD)
Now the graphics looks bad, but when DW3 was released, it was good :) And the difficulty level is good too, we enjoyed a lot playing DW3, our first DW. :p

silvertongue
07-02-09, 04:28 PM
It took me ages to unlock Nu Wa and Fu Xi, no idea why. And I never had the internet back then. I remember suddenly seeing them in the select screen and me rushing to my brother lol.

I prefer Fu Xi's design in DW3, but prefer Nu Wa's in WO.

Must give DW3 a proper go after i've finished with DW5Empires!

:0

Ruka
07-02-09, 07:37 PM
@Gabranth, yeah, did you know you could jump in one of the towers in that VS stage? It's the one closest to the walkway.

I played the map in the spiked ring also quite a number of times, the 1VS1 against my brother. It's a shame it wasn't any bigger. Can't say I did, but i'll do it on the next time i play the game. Ah yes a very good map I used to play it quite often too.

Now the graphics looks bad, but when DW3 was released, it was good :) And the difficulty level is good too, we enjoyed a lot playing DW3, our first DW. :p I agree, its probably the most difficult one and the graphics aren't too bad for the second DW released on PS2.

but the worst problem for me was probably the VA's I didn't like them too much and most of the (officer-slain) quotes we're the same, even Lu Bu said something too generic. :p

LittleDragonZ
07-02-09, 10:34 PM
Lu Bu's was something like ''Impossible... I...''

I like unique deaths personally like Taishi Ci's at He Fei and Xiahou Yuan's at Mt. Ding Jun. His death made a huge thud when he fell backwards lol. I feel that deaths where they just fall on their front are just a little too dull in my opinion.

Voice acting wasn't an issue for me at the time. I had no real say because I was young and quite inexperienced at that point of time to discuss them. I was more interested in them just having cool voices and just really just having fun to tell you the truth.

Ruka
08-02-09, 10:14 AM
No LDZ I don't mean that quote, I might have explained wrong. I mean the quotes when you slay any enemy officer, in DW3 most of the quotes are the same and include "Enemy/Officer" and "Defeat" Lu Bu for example is: "I defeated and officer".

Yeah I liked Taishi Ci's death too, one of the part of the game I liked was also the Fan Castle, Pang De for a generic was very challenging and the level itself wasn't too easy.

Well I played DW4 first and was used to their VA's and battle quotes, so for me it was a big difference. But still is/was a great game. :p

LittleDragonZ
08-02-09, 12:23 PM
Oh sorry, I didn't read the brackets in your last post? I see. And yeah, you're right

Yeah, Fan Castle was quite tough, it always has been really. Though 3's was such a small map, so was 4's I guess. 5's and 6's were great big maps though. Wonderful stages, really.

I personally went from DW2 to DW3.

Alonzo Orion
08-02-09, 04:44 PM
I believe that Dynasty Warriors 3 was the most historically accurate and fearless of the series, historically accurate as most Musuo modes were generally based on the reality of characters stories and fearless as they would actually kill off character properly.

BEHEMOTH
14-02-09, 12:54 AM
DW3 was my personal favorite, twas the one that got me into the lot, although I played the very first DW game on the PS2 billion years ago but it was 3 that set the bar for me, then I got 2 and so on..I'm considering buying 3 again for the memories :)

little_zhurong
01-04-09, 04:55 PM
DW3 was a good game I brought the XL first then DW3. Just before I got 6, I started playing DW3 from the beginning again it was a cool game. Graphics not so good but who cares. If you want graphics but you want the light heartiness of 3 then buy 5.

I have noticed that they're are different versions of 3 out there.

cheat07
18-06-09, 07:13 PM
i started from DW2 with only a handful of stages, to go from DW2 to DW3 OMG it was amazing shame they just havent made huge jumps like that since then. The amount of battles trebled and the amount of characters doubled it was gr8.

It was perhaps the most challenging dynasty warriors probably because archers were lethal making a good nanman armour vital in later levels.

CuckooBanana
28-06-09, 10:16 PM
DW3 was the first Dynasty Warriors game i ever bought and played. It may not be my favorite but i like it a lot because it still made me become a fan of the series.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_9cad38a919a04db4a04ec903649b6c23/adobe-px-assets/3290b58e82ee441586d99c1ce892babd

Dragonheart
17-07-09, 11:56 PM
Dynasty warriors 3 have the most enjoyable and great battles!!!The graphics are the bad thing.The soldiers are powerfull and make use of their nice moveset!(I like chalenges and strong soldiers in hard mode is the perfect challenge!)Fu Xi and Nu Wa were good!But they dissappear until warriors orochi 2 released...

BEHEMOTH
22-07-09, 12:54 PM
I JUST purchased this one again brings me some great memories

cheat07
22-07-09, 06:05 PM
I still have the game and play it on the odd occasion, I just remember going through and trying to get all of the 4th weapons. Those challenges were fun. Though some are so obscure you start to wonder how people ever find them.

Korin
23-07-09, 01:18 AM
I still have this game, I'm always going back to it, when I have nothing to do. But, I don't play it alot anymore, since it's boring to me. I only play it, if I'm really bored, but I'm not that bored anymore, because I can find something else to do if I'm bored.

Raging_Dragon
25-07-09, 12:56 AM
Dynasty Warriors 3 wasn't so bad.
The AI was really challenging.
The OST was cool.
But the voice acting was terrible. xD

Mousou hat
25-07-09, 01:45 AM
Of all the DW's.. DW3 is still the best, it makes me wonder what is wrong with the warrior series developers for ruining the series so badly. After 3 it has been a road downhill with the AI going cookieland and more and more of the good stuff (read: challenges and rewarding subquests for secret items and 4th/5th weapons) getting nerfed untill now in DW6 are completely gone. Even in DW6 empires ( i just bought it one day ago) now the weapons are gone.

I wonder what will be in DW7. Maybe it will only have the square button and maybe even jumping gets taken out and replaced with teleportation or something since the series gets more and more ridiculous anyway. :/

In DW3 at least lu bu was a no go, and you would have a sense of afraid when you got up to the high general of the opposing army, i remember i always did.

It was a good thing that they could heal aswell. The only thing i hated about the early DW's was the dissapearing of troops/officers/generals within troops.
For the rest, koei could not hope to ever create such a great game anymore if they keep doing stupid cuts.

LittleDragonZ
25-07-09, 09:58 AM
Of all the DW's.. DW3 is still the best, it makes me wonder what is wrong with the warrior series developers for ruining the series so badly. After 3 it has been a road downhill with the AI going cookieland and more and more of the good stuff (read: challenges and rewarding subquests for secret items and 4th/5th weapons) getting nerfed untill now in DW6 are completely gone. Even in DW6 empires ( i just bought it one day ago) now the weapons are gone.

I wonder what will be in DW7. Maybe it will only have the square button and maybe even jumping gets taken out and replaced with teleportation or something since the series gets more and more ridiculous anyway. :/

In DW3 at least lu bu was a no go, and you would have a sense of afraid when you got up to the high general of the opposing army, i remember i always did.

It was a good thing that they could heal aswell. The only thing i hated about the early DW's was the dissapearing of troops/officers/generals within troops.
For the rest, koei could not hope to ever create such a great game anymore if they keep doing stupid cuts.
I completely agree with you. Though SW1 and 2 were both decent games, there's still the chill of it going downhill. Or kind of up and down because Gundam 2 was a vast improvement over 1. So saying all this, it's not always improving and improving which it should if technology is expanding and new consoles are arriving. However, most games nowadays are not as rewarding to buy like in the past because of the lack of effort and downloadable content coming into it. It's not all KOEI though, most companies I think except like Square-Enix only really think about the money-side of things.

Mousou hat
25-07-09, 12:16 PM
I completely agree with you. Though SW1 and 2 were both decent games, there's still the chill of it going downhill. Or kind of up and down because Gundam 2 was a vast improvement over 1. So saying all this, it's not always improving and improving which it should if technology is expanding and new consoles are arriving. However, most games nowadays are not as rewarding to buy like in the past because of the lack of effort and downloadable content coming into it. It's not all KOEI though, most companies I think except like Square-Enix only really think about the money-side of things.
I agree 100%, its because its all about profit and competing with one an other.
Games get less gameplay, so people are pushed to buy a new game sooner.
So the less fun and addicting a game is the better for the corporation.

There was a time i played Samurai warriors 2 (after playing samurai warrior 1XL a long time, since SW1 the original wasnt anywhere to be bought in my country untill like a year ago or something) and i had high hopes for koei, was really hyped as far i could call my self a big time fan, would buy any warriors game and i did.. untill i bought DW6 and i couldnt believe how bad the game was....... and now i bought DW6 empires.. because people said it was alot better than DW6 .. and they are abselutely right.. but its just.. i can hardly think of a word to describe..except for 'stupidity' that now the weapons are cut.

There is abselutely nothing to play for anylonger. I think koei has done a job well done in the race to sell as much individual # as possible uncaring of if it pleases the fans. I dont see myself as a fan anymore now, ive started to literally hate koei games after this, there is just a single hope for koei left in my book and thats SW3. It better come to PS3, it better have gettable (read:earnable trough in-level missions) weapons, horses and items. It better have Japanese VA (in europe too yes, that i live in europe doesnt make me english) and it better not have changed the combo system. Cause if even one of the above is not present or changed, then that will be the last time i buy a game from koei and will definately advice everyone that i know to stay very far away from koei games by experience of it being wasted money since the games simply do not return the fun/gameplay for the price you pay for it.
This might sound extremely harsh, but i feel being treated extremely harsh since DW6.

Some people might say 'you dont have to buy the games' But as a real fan you have an expectation of the franchise.

I hope so much that koei will get the message and start thinking about 'why exactly did dynasty warriors/samurai warriors get so popular, why did DW3 was so succesful and fun? :/

Dynasty Heroes
25-07-09, 04:14 PM
The one thing i like in 3 is it honestly is more relisitic and also the maps are better designed ^^.

Dynasty Heroes
25-07-09, 04:20 PM
What i hate about DW 6 that you had to take bases instead of running and mass murdering everything from DW2 to DW5XL or E

Mousou hat
25-07-09, 04:27 PM
The one thing i like in 3 is it honestly is more relisitic and also the maps are better designed ^^.
so true, the maps are also alot bigger (hu lao gate, he fei castle and guan du for example)
Give you moreof a sense of being part of a battle.

And actually having to beat serious AI officers gave you the thought like 'oh god gan ning appeared :( ' or indeed as someone else previously stated the much experienced 'GOD ITS LU BU... MLUEEERRRRGHHH!!!1' :eek:
But also like 'nyeee! archers!' and 'THEY TOOK BACK MY GATE' :confused:
and even 'I...missed... the... supply.. team..' :mad:

I havent had a single one of those in DW6 / DW6e.

God-Like Phoenix
26-07-09, 02:02 AM
The difficulty was so much greater in 3 compared to some of the latest games, the only one that has come remotely close to that is Strikeforce, and in that, the AI is quite good :)

One thing that I really liked about DW3 was how colourful the whole game was, in DW4, it was really dark, and not all that exciting visually, but in DW3, it was all bright and interesting :D

Raging_Dragon
26-07-09, 03:25 AM

I agree.
The maps were bigger and the terrain was fun to look at.:D

Raging_Dragon
26-07-09, 03:31 AM
so true, the maps are also alot bigger (hu lao gate, he fei castle and guan du for example)
Give you moreof a sense of being part of a battle.

And actually having to beat serious AI officers gave you the thought like 'oh god gan ning appeared :( ' or indeed as someone else previously stated the much experienced 'GOD ITS LU BU... MLUEEERRRRGHHH!!!1' :eek:
But also like 'nyeee! archers!' and 'THEY TOOK BACK MY GATE' :confused:
and even 'I...missed... the... supply.. team..' :mad:

I havent had a single one of those in DW6 / DW6e.

Yeah, it's a good challenge.
I always pick on the minor officers like Yu Jin, Guo Jia, etc.
Sometimes I get owned..........easily.
I hate it when the archers come out of nowhere and shoot you then all of a sudden...
"Game Over"
nooooooo!!!

Xx--Nik--xX
06-08-09, 03:19 PM
looks like a remake of dynasty warriors 2 as regards the style ....

The archers are too strong:D

Mousou hat
06-08-09, 04:22 PM
The archers are just right. Its not very realistic to run around like a arrow-couchin anyway.
If only those arrows would stick to the char that would be a funny sight, and they should drain hp the more you get stuck on to you lol.

Good idea for dw7 i guess.

Back to the system of 3 with enhanced graphics and some new features instead of 'lets throw everything good away, keep the bad and some new features' ;)

Toxic_Chocolate
15-08-09, 05:06 PM
Easily my favourite. Hilariously cheesy voice acting, which works perfectly with the series, awesome music, the-the CUTSCENES lkahf;ahg JUST EVERYTHING BASICALLY.

It was definitely the one that got me hooked, I'm glad I played it before DW4 (which, to this day, I cannot be bothered to finish, even with my favourite characters) because it's just... what makes DW a great game. I mean, sure, it's old and clunky now, but I've yet to see the newer games top "Was the enemy camp pretty?"!

Mousou hat
15-08-09, 05:17 PM
Another core player has arrived.

awesome avatar btw.

LittleDragonZ
15-08-09, 08:55 PM
Easily my favourite. Hilariously cheesy voice acting, which works perfectly with the series, awesome music, the-the CUTSCENES lkahf;ahg JUST EVERYTHING BASICALLY.

It was definitely the one that got me hooked, I'm glad I played it before DW4 (which, to this day, I cannot be bothered to finish, even with my favourite characters) because it's just... what makes DW a great game. I mean, sure, it's old and clunky now, but I've yet to see the newer games top "Was the enemy camp pretty?"!
Oh I like you. Welcome to the forum.

Funny voice acting (well it wasn't then, I never cared for VA.) Great character designs. Great stages. Great music. BEST GAME EVER!

Captain Ashton
29-08-09, 12:54 PM
Dynasty Warriors 3 was my first ever game. I completed everyones Musou mode except Huang Gai's (who I just never got round to doing).
Guan Du was my first ever battle, which I played as Zhang He. I spent so much time playing this game.

wuluxun
02-09-09, 11:31 AM
DW6 is the best ever! althought my game will lag dunno y... but the latest graphics... man they are super awesome! I like Lu Xun best! he's so cute! The songs rev up my spirit to join the battle... I seldom play games like this ( okay mayb this is the only war type game that I play) I keep failing to kill Lu Bu and my brother always has to help me slay him. Any tricks to kill Lu Bu? I haven even passed Easy level yet.... I'm such a noob....:p care to give me some tips? and also where to download the songs?? please....

LittleDragonZ
02-09-09, 11:40 AM
DW6 is the best ever! althought my game will lag dunno y... but the latest graphics... man they are super awesome! I like Lu Xun best! he's so cute! The songs rev up my spirit to join the battle... I seldom play games like this ( okay mayb this is the only war type game that I play) I keep failing to kill Lu Bu and my brother always has to help me slay him. Any tricks to kill Lu Bu? I haven even passed Easy level yet.... I'm such a noob....:p care to give me some tips? and also where to download the songs?? please....
Welcome to the forum.

The best and most easiest way to beat Lu Bu is the old trick. Get down to red health and run around waiting for your musou to fill automatically. Use it, then run around waiting again. Rinse and repeat. It might be boring, but it's a great method when first starting out in the game.

You can get the songs from KOEI Warriors ( http://www.koeiwarriors.co.uk ) Though you have to be a member to access.

Ping!
04-09-09, 08:45 AM
Dynasty Warriors 3 was sooo fun! My brothers and I almost got everyone's last weapons, we only needed Zhu Rong's and someone elses D=.

I loved Jiang Wei in that game, and Da Qiao looked sooo cute! It was also funny in the Nanman campaign when Da Qiao was Xiao Qiao's liutentent, when it should really be the other way round, lol.

CJZ
09-09-09, 08:44 AM
I had no idea that Nu Wa was in it! I honestly thought WO2 was the first time she had appeared. The same with Fu Xi!
:)

Xing Cai is the old Nu Wa from DW3 (at least in 5 she was), Fu Xi on the other hand never had anyone take his stead and Personally i think Fu Xi looked best in DW3 but Nu Wa looks best in Wo2

I rather earn my weapons then find them in crates.

you gotta earn those crates dontcha?

personally i disagree with you but i can understand why you say you dont like it, i personally think Koei made a good game with 2 and then built off of that to make something greater (DW5, Wo2, not DW6)

Qiao Beauty
08-06-10, 01:49 PM
Dynasty Warriors 3 Xtreme Legends was the first DW game I owned, and only the second I had played (DW2 being the first at my friends house). I soon got DW3 as well, and I love these two the most.

I only read the first few posts on page one, but I agree with much of it. DW3 is by far the most challenging of all the games- even in DW5 Chaos mode, its easy to complete the stages, whereasI have never been able to successfully complete a single stage on 'Very Hard' on DW3 XL.

I like the fact that characters share the earlier weapons- it makes it much easier, but i dont like that you have to wait for the horse to fully stop before you can dismount.

The music and sound effects is better, the storylines are good and the Musou modes aren't as repetitive as DW4 and DW5.

I would like it if they did a DW3 remake for PS3 with updated costumes, but everything else the same.

MrAverage
04-07-10, 01:11 AM
This is by a LONG way my favourite Dynasty Warriors game for a number of reasons.
- Most importantly is the variety of attacks and your control over the character. In DW3 there are a number of different combos you can perform and i know that this is the same in DW5 and i think DW4 (I don't have this), however, I much prefer the combos in DW3. If i had to pick one major problem with DW6, it is the fact that there are practically no moves to perform apart from constantly hitting square or trianlge with the occasional circle. Also i HATE that renbu thing. I don't want to be rushed into constantly fighting enemies just so i can increase the very small variety of attacks by a little bit, i enjoy having a look around areas for health or items or exp or a nice new horse etc. I love how the better the weapon, the more attacks you can perform is in DW3 instead of that stupid renbu.Before this turns into a rant about DW6 instead of a rave about DW3 i'll stop this point.
- The maps - Oh god i LOOOOOOVE the maps in DW3 from yellow turbans to Wu Zhang Plains, they are all absolutely AMAAAZING. The problem with new maps is that they over-complicate them with loads of wierd ways in and out of places. I have often found myself spending some long boring minutes trying to find my way out of a castle in the later games. This brings me on to my next point...
- Simplicity - the simplicity of DW3 is one of the major reasons for this being my favourite DW games and one of my favourite games of all time (maybe even THE favourite).

There are alot of things which make me love this game so much which i just can't put my finger on, however one of them is probably because this was the game of my childhood so if people can't understand my love - it would be because of my bias.

NOTE: I have been rambling on about this game so if you find it hard to understand something i have written, it is probably coz i have been an idiot.
also, i've probably forgotten alot of things i might post another comment later which i'm sure everyone wil LOVE.

LittleDragonZ
08-07-10, 08:04 PM
@MrAverage:

I think with what DW6 has done with finally giving us cliffs and a more non-flat terrain, this is a step in the right direction.

Sure simplicity is a key point, I know what you mean by not allowing yourself to find a way through an annoying area to help your commander, unless it's for Yi Ling where the stone maze is made for this for instance. But you must remember it's about time the series has made a change and taken advantage of the later console capabilities. It makes all feel more fresh and less bland with each stage able to give a unique touch. And besides in DW6: Empires you could even jump up some designated areas, so it's not as dire and helpless as one would think - they're likely thinking around the level designs and thinking of alternatives to make your time more fun and with less hassle. Although considering the fact of being challenged which is important in the later era events like Wu Zhang Plains.

The King Of Chaos
28-07-10, 09:37 AM
DW3 will always be the best in my eyes.(with DW6:Empires a close second because it was a massive improvement from the normal series version and also because my playing involved mostly my created warriors)

Ever since I first played it years ago, I still do loads to this day.

The maps were top class

The music fit them perfectly

The attires were great(and still my personal favirotes)

It's challenging no matter who you face, Officer or Crossbow.

Everyone has their own personal storyline(I love the 3 levels they always had at the beginning. I was annoyed you couldn't play them on free mode)

And my personal favourite of this game is that your character was always involved in the opening level scene which always meant that you were a true key part of that battle.(I wish they still did this on the more recent ones because something small like that would make a battle feel more important)

I never bought 6 untill Empires came out because I just hated it because they "completely" revamped it.

I'm still fine with the the voices and the battle field because they haven't changed but it's the completely revamped character looks (Meng Huo, Liu Bei, and the worst in my oppinion, Yuan Shao and Sun Shang Xiang(too much revamp there thank you especially their voices) :mad:the weapons, the combat, and for me personally, getting rid of good characters when they normally aim to add more.

I thought they would this year have added Nu Wa, Fu Xi, Taigong Wang, Himiko and Sun Wukong(his outfits selectable on CAW, which made me think why couldn't of they just added them) because of Warriors Orochi 2 and new characters like Cheng Pu and Han Dang who deserve to be characters.;)

But instead they got rid of Pang De, Da Qiao, Jian Wei(who i know they're now brining back), Meng Huo(at the time), Zhu Rong and Xing Cai and the best in the whole series, Zuo Ci. :eek:

Those characters are all important in different battles, 1 way or another.

And Zuo Ci, Jiang Wei, Pang De and Zhu Rong were the characters I used all the time in other games.

I think they need to go back to making the series like Series 5, all they needed to do was increase the graphic level.

Graphics seem to be all that most designers care about these days.:(

lordofjiaozhi
31-07-10, 01:30 PM
i just refound my love for this game :D started again and i am rather obessessed with Yuan Shao. This one is defitely the best, the best levels, good outfit designs etc. And I love the sharing weapons :) :)
if they remade this it would make me sooooooo happy

LittleDragonZ
01-08-10, 12:55 PM
i just refound my love for this game :D started again and i am rather obessessed with Yuan Shao. This one is defitely the best, the best levels, good outfit designs etc. And I love the sharing weapons :) :)
if they remade this it would make me sooooooo happy
Well the remake might even feel like Dynasty Warriors 7.

After seeing what was a limited experience with DW6, fans praised that the next main title would bring about the greatness of DW3.

They got this from the fact DW2 was the PS2's first. And really, DW3 exceeded it in every way. So now that DW6 was the PS3's first, fingers crossed for DW7 being a superb game.

lordofjiaozhi
03-08-10, 12:43 PM
Well the remake might even feel like Dynasty Warriors 7.

After seeing what was a limited experience with DW6, fans praised that the next main title would bring about the greatness of DW3.

They got this from the fact DW2 was the PS2's first. And really, DW3 exceeded it in every way. So now that DW6 was the PS3's first, fingers crossed for DW7 being a superb game.

i hope your right LittleDragonZ... i would love that :)

Thadius
10-08-10, 10:15 AM
DW7 really does'nt have to try that hard to top DW6. I like DW6 in many ways, but felt so let down by the laziness of the developers in many areas. Long time characters using the same movesets and animations, with the skins for the character and weapons being the only difference between them. Taking characters like Zhang He, and Sun Ce and removing their weapons for spears? After so long they went the easy route and ruined some of the characters completely.

I know empires was a big improvement overall, empires is usually better anyway since they have time to respond to feedback and tweak a few things so its not surprising. DW7 just needs to come back with all the returning characters from 6 with unique weapons and animations, and give us the usual minor upgrades and it will be another big hit.

The King Of Chaos
13-08-10, 06:05 PM
And add Nu Wa, Fu Xi and Sun Wukong(his outfit is on empires so he must be connected to the Dynasty series) from Warriors Orochi 2

plus bring in new characters into the series like they normally do in every new series

Liu Chan, Ma Su, Cao Xiu, Xun Yu, Cheng Pu, Hang Dang, Wu Tugu, Zhang Bao and Zhang Liang deserve to be proper characters.

CroiX-SaN
22-05-12, 03:16 AM
Greets KOEI crew & gamers.

I own DW3, but haven't played it yet (yeah, I don't mind waiting a dozen years to play a game...nevermind :p). Can anyone please confirm that the PAL release does NOT provide a japanese voices option, while the NTSC does (http://kongming.net/dw3/manual.html#s23)? If this is true, I'm probably gonna import a copy from the US.

Thank you in advance.

Black_Dragon
22-05-12, 08:04 PM
Greets KOEI crew & gamers.

I own DW3, but haven't played it yet (yeah, I don't mind waiting a dozen years to play a game...nevermind :p). Can anyone please confirm that the PAL release does NOT provide a japanese voices option, while the NTSC does (http://kongming.net/dw3/manual.html#s23)? If this is true, I'm probably gonna import a copy from the US.

Thank you in advance.

I think thats somthing you should ask in Koei Warriors Or Koei.com since both have US players, everyone here just has the PAL ver.

CroiX-SaN
23-05-12, 10:04 AM
I know. I'm aware of the option in the NTSC release, that's why I was asking about the PAL version. Sorry if that was not clear enough.

Black_Dragon
23-05-12, 07:54 PM
I know. I'm aware of the option in the NTSC release, that's why I was asking about the PAL version. Sorry if that was not clear enough.

Alright, thanks for clariflying that, no it does not in matter of fact none of the DW's (1-7) pal ver have jp voices exept as a DLC for newer DW's.