PDA

View Full Version : How do you choose your favorite characters?

LittleDragonZ
01-02-09, 10:03 PM
By personality, voice, sex, appearance or usefulness? Or perhaps all? I'm more of a person who looks for the background, personality and especially a person's voice actor and acting. I don't really just look for a beast like Lu Bu and settle for that. And to be honest a character's appearance isn't everything to me either. It doesn't have much effect on my choices most of the time. Plus I also tend to target the good guys and the heroic of any series, it seems.

Example of my top 5 DW's:
Zhao Yun (appearance, background, moves & personality)
Zhuge Liang (appearance, moves(DW6), personality)
Liu Bei (background & voice)
Sun Quan (voice & background)
Zhang Liao (appearance, voice, moves(DW6), background & personality)

How about you guys?

Jiahe
03-02-09, 01:28 PM
Mine were pretty much based off different things for the most part so here is my little list of favorites.

Dynasty Warriors
Sun Quan (appearance, voice, and background)
Sun Ce (appearance, voice, personality, tonfa moveset, and background)
DW6 Sun Jian (appearance, voice, and moveset)
DW5 Liu Bei (moustache, voice, and personality)
SSX (voice, personality, and background)
Zhang He (Personality and sense of style)
Dong Zhuo (voice and being a comic relief)

Samurai Warriors
Motochika (appearance, voice, weapon, and personality)
Magoichi (personality, background, and voice)
Sakon Shima (SW2 voice, personality, and moveset)

Onislash
03-02-09, 02:12 PM
The harder the weapon hits the more I like it so characters like Sakon, Lu Bu. I guess thats apperance then?

Leady FF ^^
03-02-09, 04:00 PM
I always go on personaility, I love to pick the old guys like Dong Zhou and Shingen. The I go for move-set. For example I like people with throw specials in WO. So I add Huang Gai to my team as well. It's an iterative proces.

Sometimes something sticks out as just looking so cool I have to play it though. For example when I played Strikeforce I had to have Zhou Tai as soon as I saw his Fury form :worships:

Gischie
03-02-09, 04:05 PM
To me, I think it's more a matter of appearance but also the story behind the character.
For instance, I won't hide my love for Noh, that character on SW1 surprise me because her story was so dark and her weapon mysterious, she isn't strong but I love to use her.
And of course sometime, it's just a matter of kicking ass like Ginchiyo she is so powerful on WO.

13-06-09, 12:52 AM
me i chose them by wepen and moveset and their story line.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thadius
28-06-09, 08:33 PM
Probably appearance since my top 5 DW characters are:
ZhaoYun - ever since DW2 he was my favourite and still is
Zhou Yu - the cool sword moves in DW2 sold it for me
Xiahou Dun - He is better now in DW6, but again a DW2 fav because of his tough but very loyal demeanour
Ma Chao - In DW2 his armour was really cool looking, and it was a massive disappointment when he was a clone in DW6
Jiang Wei - Again another DW2 fav, and it stuck ever since. Hope he makes a return in DW7

CuckooBanana
28-06-09, 10:45 PM
I really just love playing my favorite characters in which i have been playing them since DW3 and they were always my favorite.

Zhou Yu(personality and different qualities)-officer, strategist, loyal
Ma Chao(goals and weapon)-Fights for justice, stallion fury and now the big sword.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_9cad38a919a04db4a04ec903649b6c23/adobe-px-assets/3290b58e82ee441586d99c1ce892babd

Nevfx
03-07-09, 10:31 AM
I had no particular favourite in DW 2-3.

In 4 I loved Zhou Tai, in DW5 it was probably him again.

In DW6, it was Sima Yi, I love his weapon.

CuckooBanana
13-07-09, 04:54 AM
Sima Yi does have a really cool weapon in DW6. I always thought his fan was boring so i never wanted to play him. His new weapon is awesome and he became my new favorite on wei because of how better they made him in DW6.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_9cad38a919a04db4a04ec903649b6c23/adobe-px-assets/3290b58e82ee441586d99c1ce892babd

AnimaTempli101
15-07-09, 10:12 PM
Zhou Yu- First Ever Character

Zhou Tai- His DW5 Moveset

Sun Ce- His attitude

Zhao Yun-His sense of honor

Dfballa23
25-07-09, 05:32 AM
my favorite would have to be gan ning b/c of his armour and wepon.

Mousou hat
25-07-09, 01:28 PM
This is an interesting topic :)

I choose my characters on a few odd things hmm..

-they need to be excentric and/or made a fool of.
-they need to have unconventional weapons to keep things interesting.
-they need to emitt a sense of absurd strenght.

Dynasty warriors
-Xu huang. (in dw3 he looked abselutely kickass, his weapon is insane and his moveset awesome)
-Huang zhong. (he's old! and he slaps your nose across the battlefield!, his weapon might be dull but he has a very nice mousou in i beleive it was 4 or 5 where he falls to the ground at the end, its like a failed dropkick lol.)
-Zhang liao. (He has character, he doesnt take sh. from anyone not even lu bu and has a good sense of honor, his moveset is not my favorite but thats ok... the biggest reason for this being one of my favorites is his really beautiful blue armor in DW3, i think its a shame that same armor isnt in any of the newer dw games)

Samurai warriors
-Mori ranmaru. (People make fun of him for looking like a girl, and he has a giant sword that you can almost feel how heavy it is when he swings it. total awsem.)
-Shimazu yoshihiro. (He once used a hat, but now he is to manly for a hat, now he uses a hammer and his moveset is one of the most fun in all of SW imho. especially his mousou with ice element.)

Ramza
27-07-09, 12:04 AM
For me, they need to meet at least some of these requirements:
- looking cool, badass or both (for females, being attractive and NOT being lolis)
- having a cool weapon AND moveset (e.g. Lu Bu's DW2-5 weapon is teh kewl but he swings it like a baseball bat)
- not being poster boys (except SW1's Yukimura)
- not having a terrible/squeaky voice (hi, Mitsuhide and Qiao sisters)
- (DW only) not being a male Shu officer
- being ridiculously over-the-top

For example, SW1 Okuni is pretty, isn't spammed all over the game trailers, logos, movies etc, has a great intentionally (I hope so) bad voice, fights with an umbrella and, after she falls for someone, she'll go to any lengths to get an ending with them.

Komatsu-Hime
01-08-09, 08:56 AM
Sun Shang Xiang (v.DW6) : It is a machine to be killed, I like this!
Ma Chao (v.DW6) : I like his new weapon very much. "The sword of Justice!"
Cao Pi (v.DW6) : A very nice weapon with a very good range!
Diao Chan (v.DW6) : Simply splendid.

CJZ
09-09-09, 10:23 AM
the way i choose characters usually has to do with the Sex and Apearance of them sometimes usefulness

Himiko was Picked 1 for me because Shes adorable, has a really cute voice, is female, and is really powerful...on the other hand, her weapons are one of the weapons i hate most

Lu Xun was picked second because i like how he looks, i like his voice (not including 5) and i LOVE his dual falcons... on the other hang hes not that useful of a character unless you play DW3 and DW3XL

Ranmaru was third because... well hes a line-trap and i love his weapon and how he attacks, also hes useful and his voice fits him (or rather more a her) extremely well
unfortunately unless i have almighty on (Wo2) my weapon i find him not to be very useful unless you REALLY know how to use him

Cao Hong 14
08-07-12, 07:18 AM
I decide which characters I like based on everything. I take voice, appearance, weapon, novel background, personality, role in the story, etc. There are some characters that have awesome voices, weapons, and appearances, but not so great personalities, novel background, and role in the story such as Guan Ping and other characters that are the opposite.

lordofjiaozhi
10-07-12, 07:47 PM
It's all about personality for me :) I like:
Ma Dai - he's hilarious and so cool, bless him.
Ma Chao - his whole honour thing is awesome. Plus his moveset is always super good and his DW7 outfit is great.
Yuan Shao - ok he's a bit of a... Er... Annoying individual but he still cracks me up.
Liu Bei - he's so nice! How can you not like him? His DW7 outfit is cool, plus his double swords are awesome.
Lian Shi - her relationship with Sun Quan is great and she is such a calming element amongst the whole crazy Wu thing.
Finally Zhang Liao and Guan Yu - both are honourable, devoted, rule the use of pikes, rip up battlefields, and have cool facial hair. Need I say more? :D

Superbuu3
11-07-12, 12:22 PM
I take everything into account and try not to be swayed by author bias. I definitely think Liu Bei comes across as ridiculously self righteous, despite trying to generally be cast in a positive light.

I guess I care about strength with honour, as thats probably the hardest combination of characteristics to maintain, i'm not a fan of guan yu though, another character i felt got a ridiculous amount of bias to make him look great.

SarahAley
10-01-13, 02:06 PM
ZhaoYun - ever since DW2 he was my favourite character

Hitsuzen
15-01-13, 11:14 AM
The looks, the personality and the gameplay

NekoWarrior
16-01-13, 11:39 AM
looks, what they wear, weapon, personality, story, relationships,