PDA

View Full Version : Your first KOEI game?

LittleDragonZ
02-02-09, 01:50 PM
Mine was Dynasty Warriors 2, I remember choosing it over a Dead Or Alive game by random. I also remember using Zhou Yu first on the Yellow Turban Rebellion stage.

How did you start with KOEI?

Insp. Chin
02-02-09, 02:25 PM
Hmm... Romance of the Three Kingdoms V (my friend recommended me) or Dynasty Warriors 1 (my brother brought it) I wasn't interested at them until DW3 I played Fu Xi with my friends together. Then I kinda abandoned myself from FF world and join the DW world.

Qing Long
02-02-09, 03:21 PM
My first KOEI Game was Dynasty Warriors 3. We played the demo with my brother (It was The Nanman Campaign & there were only 3 playables characters : Zhao Yun, Huang Gai & Zhen Ji,) & found this game so awesome even if the level was difficult, I think we succeed once to finish this stage lol XD then we bought it to play more ^^ And we continue to follow the series :)

Ruka
02-02-09, 05:34 PM
DW4, a friend of mine brought DW4 and was always talking how great the game was, etc. I decided to have a look, played it and liked it, the first character I played was with, Guan Yu.

@Qing Long - Now that you speak of Demo, I think actually the first KOEI game i played was Destrega for PSX, i used to play that demo a lot. ^^

Kaka Extreme
02-02-09, 07:28 PM
Samurai Warriors was the first for me lol and boy did i get VERY lost in that game LOL hahaha was fun tho:p

zenkokuku
12-02-09, 04:13 AM
My first KOEI game was Dynasty Warriors 4 (playing as Xiahou Dun). I was at a friend's house and he showed me this wonderful game (I knew I'd like it because I've seen the TV series beforehand). It really got me motivated with the series and company and I've been loving the games since then, and not long after I bought Dynasty Warriors 5.

God-Like Phoenix
12-02-09, 07:16 AM
My first one was Dynasty Warriors 4... and my brother and I played the Yellow Turban Rebellion together. He used I think Cao Cao or Guan Yu...and I used Xiahou Dun...just because I thought he looked pretty cool :p I remember how awsome I thought the game was as soon as I started playing ^.^

Onislash
12-02-09, 10:24 AM
Dynasty Warriors 2. My younger brother hired it so he had someone to play on the Playstation 2.

Private Prinny
12-02-09, 11:02 AM
co-co-co-combo-breaker!

Kessen 1

:D

Outi
12-02-09, 02:22 PM
Pa-pa-pa-party pooper!

Disgaea

,D

Gischie
12-02-09, 06:03 PM
Dynasty warriors 3 introduced by an ex who played it so badly that at the end, ME who never touch a PS2 remote before had to play instead of him lol

Leady FF ^^
12-02-09, 06:45 PM
DW5XL - the first game I played in the KOEI offices at my 2nd interview. I picked Zhuge Liang - I was like 'wtf type of game is this!?!?! I man with a beard and fan that fires lazers!'

Jiahe
12-02-09, 06:50 PM
Dynasty Warriors 2 was my first KOEI game and yada yada yada.

lordofjiaozhi
21-02-09, 03:53 PM
i had the DW3 demo too, and my first game was DW3 Xtreme Legends. i remember, the first thing i did was a challenge with Xu Zhu, and i looked at him and thought ' wow who's that guy with a huge club?'

Nasser
21-02-09, 05:32 PM
Mine was DW3XL but at that time DW4 was out too, so I got all of em since I liked the gameplay alot.

64crayons
22-02-09, 02:10 AM
mine was dw4, my freind had a student living with him and i went to his house and the student had dw4 il iked it so much i bought it

Jasonic
22-02-09, 05:25 AM
DW2, tis why it is the most memorable. The only game that I can thoroughly picture all the battles in my mind. Those were the days....

Kimarau
01-03-09, 08:42 PM
The first Koei game that I had played was DW3 which my younger brother introduced me too.

Black_Dragon
02-03-09, 10:45 AM
I think My first koei game was kessen 1 although it still has some fetures that are better than 2 or 3

ManaAlchemist
02-03-09, 03:25 PM
The first i tried was the demo for the PSX game Destrega, but back then i didn't care at all who made the games and such so i never noticed that Koei had made it. However the first Koei game that i bought and got me to love Koei was La Pucelle: Tactics.

Chi-Chi Blanche
03-03-09, 12:36 AM
:o same-ish! my first Koei game was the Destrega demo for ps1, but the first game I played + owned + knew was Koei was DW5.

Lady Shang Xiang
08-03-09, 05:41 AM
mine was DW3
:D
i got it for christmas and when i first played it i didnt know what to do XD

GanNing4Eva
08-03-09, 06:30 AM
Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII on PS2!

Insp. Chin
08-03-09, 10:48 AM
Haha I did play RTKVIII but it's on PC >.< It's a game that consumes so much time in my life!

Judau Ashta
09-03-09, 03:58 PM
Dynasty Warriors 5

Thadius
10-03-09, 01:06 AM
Dyansty Warriors 2 - I had played the demo and bought it before I even had the console, and decided to play as Xiahou Dun since that Scimitar he had in DW2 was f***ing awesome.

Masamune date
21-03-09, 01:36 PM
Dynasty Warriors 2 when i was small

RedFeather
21-03-09, 04:11 PM
Warriors Orochi on PC, starting last October 2008... yeah, I'm a new gamer...

Fayt
30-03-09, 08:44 AM
Kessen II was the first I played, what it lacked in historical value it made up for with quality gameplay. I followed it up a few months later with Kessen III - which still to date remains the best KOEI game I've played.

I love the Kessen series, it's a shame it has yet to continue.

ebil shrimp
30-03-09, 07:05 PM
my first Koei Game was Dynasty Warriors 2, i remember i thought the only good character was Dian Wei because he was good and could kill people without dying. ( iwas only little about 8ish i think. and then remember using Zhang Fei. i thought it was funny the way he attacked and went 'RAH RAH RAAAAAAAH!' but i nevergot past the second level :p then in Dynasty Warriors 3XL (my next game) Dian Wei was rubbish and i found out about Zhang Liao. i didn't like Zhuge Liang in that one i thought he looked wierd and i didn't like his smarmyness. but they changed him for the better in 4. he's now my favourite Character :D

AXOMME
30-03-09, 10:27 PM
My first one was also Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII on PS2. Never get bored of it. ^^

Phoenixkueken
31-03-09, 07:38 AM
My first would also be Dynasty Warriors 2, however just a demo version of it and me and my father totally loved that game. But the game was quite difficult and I died so quickly. D=
The first KOEI game I really bought, however, was Dynasty Warriors 3. I was totally obsessed with that game. <3

silvertongue
01-04-09, 01:49 AM
My first Koei game was Dynasty Warriors for the psx. I was heavily into Soulblade at the time so was quite excited at another weapons based beat em up. I was disappointed with it and always remember it being quite hard or maybe i just sucked at it. It wasn't a bad game as such, it just didn't do it for me the way Soulblade did.

:)

Jas
01-04-09, 08:11 PM
Well the way i got into Diny was quite a funny little story lol

i went to my friends houes and theres this game i like called "Tenchu" (this ninja stealth assassins game, [on a side note if you haven't played it play it it's really good]) and i asked if i could play, so i played and then we both had lunch and i asked if i could play it again, my mate then said "can we play sumthing else" so i ask "what he wonted to play" he goes and pulls out Diny 3!

I now asked is it anything like Tenchu and he goes "kinda sorta" lol

He was Zhou Yun i was Xiahou Dun, man i love that game best Diny so far =D

LittleDragonZ
01-04-09, 09:56 PM
LOL... Zhou Yun?! Arrrrgh! But nice story Jas, you're right - DW3 is the greatest!

Jas
01-04-09, 10:40 PM
It's funny cuz my favorite characters went from:

Xiahou Dun > Zhang He > Zhou Yu and then Sun Ce

It's really funny why i changed so many times

Xiahou Dun - i chose him becuase i knew nothing about the game at the time and he just looked awesome lol, at the time we were doing Zhou Yun's musou mode and we were on Chang Ban, i saw Xiahou Dun on the other side of the forces and first thing that came to my mind was that i picked the "bad guy" (LMAO)

so i changed characters, and as you know when you start the game you only have 9 characters you can pick from and i then picked :

Zhang He - We did Change Ban again and the funny thing is i never saw Zhang He on the opposite force hahaha so i used Zhang He for a long time

I eventually tried out:

Zhou Yu (altho i thought he was a girl, before i actually tried him out) but once i did i knew he was a dude and he was the best of the lot so far (lol) all because his attacking style was just so elegant.

My friend then tried him and loved him so i then had to pick a new favorite character, and so i looked at the back of the case and saw this awesome looking dude and picked:

Sun Ce - Who at the time i thought was called Sun Quan (LMAO) and is now and always will be my favorite character =D

I always laugh when i think of this hahahaha =P

(For the record my friends favorite characters went from :

Zhou Yun > Zhou Yu > Lu Xun and then back to Zhou Yu

Me and my mate are like brothers and we just so happened to pick to characters who just so happen to be "oath brothers" lol

that always makes me laugh as well hahaha)

LittleDragonZ
01-04-09, 11:00 PM
Yeah, Xiahou Dun's voice was just cool in DW3. By the way Zhou Yu was the first character I used, I didn't notice how awesome Zhao Yun was back then.

little_zhurong
06-04-09, 11:14 AM
DW3XL was my first game. I really liked DW3 after playing a demo my brother got.

Manji
27-04-09, 04:59 PM
Dinisty Warriors 3 was my first... found it in a bargain bin for like no more than $10 and gave it to my brother as a Christmas present... well, we quickly both fell under the Koei spell, we were addicted to that game for the longest time! So many fond memories to cheesy voice acting and uber-powerful archers... those were the days!

But I personally feel that DW4/DW4 Empires was the "Golden Age" of Koei... for me anyway.

Kyz99
27-04-09, 07:48 PM
Mine would be Kessen haha loved it =] First DW was number 4 :P

CuckooBanana
24-07-09, 05:32 AM
My first DW game was DW3. My bro tried had tried a DW2 demo and thought it was awesome so we bought DW3. The first character i tried was Zhou Yu which became my favorite character of all time, and has always been my favorite while my bro's favorite has always been Zhao Yun. My second bro always took a liking to Jiang Wei which became his favorite character. He was extremely mad with DW6 when he found out Jiang Wei was no longer in the game, and Cao Pi lost his double sided blade.

Although, I still became a much more larger fan than both of my bros.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_9cad38a919a04db4a04ec903649b6c23/adobe-px-assets/3290b58e82ee441586d99c1ce892babd

Schwarzwind
18-08-09, 07:40 PM
The first KOEI game I recall seeing was DW5. My family and I were visiting someone's home and I saw their kids playing it. Didn't really think much of it at the time, but I do remember one of them playing as Zhao Yun... xP

My first KOEI game owned was SW2. My husband played it religiously and I wondered what he could possibly see in such a game (this type of game wasn't really my cup of tea at the time). I would nonchalantly watch him play, and after coercing me to try the game a few times, I was hooked. Within a couple of days, I was playing it twice as much as the hubby and already had my favorite characters maxed out. xD

Mousou hat
18-08-09, 09:20 PM
DW3 saw it in a cd and games store and i bought it a week later when i got my money without thinking, never heard of it before but i really liked the characters on the casing all in their awsem costumes.

I still remember i was joined by a (back then) rl friend and i picked zhang he and he picked xiahou dun and the first stage was guan du.

it was AWSEM

best game ever.

Ramza
18-08-09, 09:22 PM
I tried Destrega once, and that was my first time playing a KOEI game.
I liked it, but it was too pricey for me at the time (I still regret not getting it >_<)

Next in line was DW4, as the first KOEI game I actually owned.

Chaos92
18-08-09, 09:58 PM
my first was dw2 cause my bro got it, first character i played as was xiahou dun, loved every min of it

God-Like Phoenix
18-08-09, 11:14 PM
I still remember the first time that I played a KOEI game, I hired DW4 from a video store, but I didnt really know what to expect, my brother and I played together at the start, I remember the he was using either Cao Cao or Guan Yu, while I used Xiahou Dun, and we did the first Yellow Turban stage....and from then I was hooked :D

That Xmas I got DW3, and played the guts out of that one (^.^)

Kunoichi
19-08-09, 06:04 PM
Samurai Warriors 1 ^^ It's still my favourite among all other KOEI games:p

Stubu
20-08-09, 12:27 PM
Mine was Dynasty Warriors 2, I remember choosing it over a Dead Or Alive game by random. I also remember using Zhou Yu first on the Yellow Turban Rebellion stage.

How did you start with KOEI?

Exactly the same here, it was a defining moment in my gaming history, up until then, all games had beenpretty flat, but along came this game that let me take on an Army. I remember one of the funniest things was my friend coming over and trying to run up the hill with the wind blowing down it, I had to point out the track behind them to take them out.

I also remember the first time I fought Lu-Bu and wondered what the hell happened when I was lying on my back with the game over screen showing... and that was before they gave him agro moves when he gets enraged :eek:

Captain Ashton
29-08-09, 02:28 PM
Dynasty Warriors 3.
First level I did was Guan Du with Zhang He.
I still love that game, even though it is a rather old Koei Game.

landlock
29-08-09, 08:57 PM
Inindo: Way Of The Ninja on the Snes was my first Koei game in 1993 it wasn't very good IMO. Though Brandish was alot better.

Xuan De
30-08-09, 12:53 PM
First koei game was DW3, I had played a demo of it, liked it then bought it and as in the demo I also played Zhao Yun when it bought it first.

Mighty Warrior Lu Bu
31-08-09, 12:22 AM
Mine would be DW4 when i played at Hu Lao Gate Lu Bu apperead so he was mostly my favorite warrior in the game!

legalisemurder
31-08-09, 09:52 PM
My first Koei game was DW3.I got a demo free with OPM and haven't looked back since.

Hitsuzen
15-09-12, 08:10 AM
My first KOEI game was Dynasty Warriors Advance on Gameboy SP