PDA

View Full Version : Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland

Rosalyn
14-01-12, 03:32 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/12/121701/1797060-atelier_meruru_box_art_large.jpg

http://www.gamingunion.net/newsimg/atelier-meruru-splash-page-goes-live.jpg
http://admintell.napco.com/ee/images/uploads/gamertell/atelier_meruru_1.jpg

English language release date - Spring 2012 (US ~ May 8th?)

DLC - Pamela, Juana, and Rufus as playable characters (sold separately), Rorona costume for Meruru, additional dungeon bosses(?).

Official website - http://nisamerica.com/games/atelier-meruru/

Trailer (English/prologue) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDjngttYkas&feature=g-u&context=G2bfd63bFUAAAAAAACAA

About 15 hours ago the first English Meruru trailer was uploaded onto YouTube so it seemed like a good time to get a topic up!

Are you planning to get this game? What are your expectations?

Gonna pre-order it the moment I'm aware that it's available to do so. Expecting it to be better than Totori! Chibi Rorona is just too adorable, the music seems to have taken a step up, it looks very vibrant, and it generally seems highly enjoyable.

Oh, and here's some gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d904f4t8FYs :3

Let's talk Meruru! ~<3

http://www.siliconera.com/postgallery/?p_gal=133560%7C0

Black_Dragon
16-01-12, 09:49 PM
Man you're really good at adding all the extra info wasnt quite expecting that.
anyhow i am looking forward to this game but first ... that little boredum problem with totori and plat.

Rosalyn
16-01-12, 09:57 PM
Thank you. Had some practice there. :p

Where are you at with it? Good luck! Getting 500000 cole witht he Spring Cup trick was a real snore. ;_; Hopefully the Meruru platinum will be less boring.

*minor spoilers*

Somebody translated the trophy list into English;

http://uk.gamespot.com/atelier-meruru-the-apprentice-of-arland/forum/translated-trophy-list-non-oficial-translation-minor-spoilers-59691612/

Black_Dragon
18-01-12, 08:19 PM
thats not quite it.... but i'll get round it it soon...
anyhow i am sure meruru will be awesome and a lot better than totori :) so far so good i say

Superbuu3
19-01-12, 11:15 AM
Honestly the only nippon ichi games i'm interested in are the disgaea ones.

ManaAlchemist
19-01-12, 05:37 PM
I'm definitely pre-ordering the premium/limited edition as fast as it's up for pre-ordering as the Atelier series is my favorite game series.

I really hope that Lionela from Atelier Rorona would show up, but i guess that's not likely at all. :/

My expectations are pretty high though, since I've loved almost all previous games, but it shouldn't be hard for the game to live up to them as long as they stay to the regular formula. :D

Emerald Emblem
21-01-12, 12:56 PM
Hoping for a great conclusion to the series. I wonder is Meruru similar to Totori and Rorona? Her character portrait in that screen makes her seem more confident.

ManaAlchemist
22-03-12, 03:56 PM
Anyone pre-ordered Meruru from NISA yet? They've got an awesome t-shirt in the limited edition set. :P A t-shirt with a barrel on it, with the text "Barrel!" :D

Atelier Meruru: Limited Edition (http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Atelier-Meruru-The-Apprentice-of-Arland-Limited-Edition)

Also, I found quite a nice Meruru t-shirt that's going to be released in japan during may, if anyone's interessted:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10180526

(Even though it's going to be released in may, it'll probably be closed for reservation quite soon though, since it's kinda "limited", so I'd recommend ordering it early if someone wants it. :P)

Emerald Emblem
22-03-12, 04:54 PM
Anyone pre-ordered Meruru from NISA yet? They've got an awesome t-shirt in the limited edition set. :P A t-shirt with a barrel on it, with the text "Barrel!" :D

Atelier Meruru: Limited Edition (http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Atelier-Meruru-The-Apprentice-of-Arland-Limited-Edition)

I'd get it, but it depends on what Character DLC's there are. The fact that Cordelia was DLC in Totori was the only reason I didn't imports NISA's bundle.

Black_Dragon
26-03-12, 12:40 PM
uhh... looks.. interesting barral tv shirt and all. although merurus coming soon i still got a backlog to burn :)

Emerald Emblem
26-03-12, 02:04 PM
uhh... looks.. interesting barral tv shirt and all. although merurus coming soon i still got a backlog to burn :)
Don't forget that recently NISA limited editions have been slow to arrive to people, so you can get it and then burn through the backlog while you wait for it to arrive.

Celedin
27-03-12, 01:27 AM
I'd get it, but it depends on what Character DLC's there are. The fact that Cordelia was DLC in Totori was the only reason I didn't imports NISA's bundle.

Yeah, the DLC is the only thing stopping me from importing the US ones.

Emerald Emblem
27-03-12, 07:21 AM
Yeah, the DLC is the only thing stopping me from importing the US ones.
The character DLC's will be 2 of the games characters and Pamela. Which highly tempts me to the NISA bundle.

Black_Dragon
27-03-12, 09:12 PM
Don't forget that recently NISA limited editions have been slow to arrive to people, so you can get it and then burn through the backlog while you wait for it to arrive. Hmm i see that sounds like a plan :) but these games take 100s of hours so its gonna be a while though.
Yeah, the DLC is the only thing stopping me from importing the US ones. Same the US always gets the good stuff but DLC has always been an issue. To import or not import .....
The character DLC's will be 2 of the games characters and Pamela. Which highly tempts me to the NISA bundle. pamela huh i suppose shes ok but.. now i we should all just go for it then. i suppose its is worth it i guess. i'll scoop it up soon lol.;)

Rosalyn
30-03-12, 04:53 PM
Finally up for pre-ordering now. ^^ Shame GAME is in so much trouble, guess we won't be getting the option for extras off them again.

Celedin
03-04-12, 11:29 PM
I'm hoping we'll see ShopTo get some preorder bonuses...

Rosalyn
04-04-12, 01:50 PM
Some insteresting updates on the Facebook page. 70 new screenshots (English) and final box art shown. http://www.facebook.com/nisaeurope

silvertongue
03-05-12, 11:26 AM
There's a pre-order bonus with Zavvi and you get an artbook

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/atelier-meruru-the-apprentice-of-arland-zavvi-exclusive/10609520.html

PrismZeo
03-05-12, 12:21 PM
There's a pre-order bonus with Zavvi and you get an artbook

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/atelier-meruru-the-apprentice-of-arland-zavvi-exclusive/10609520.html

Nice one! I've just cancelled my shopto order and switched to this one now. I'm surprised zavvi of all places would have the bonus and still be cheaper. Its just a pity theres no soundtrack cd this time, I prefer them to the artbooks...

silvertongue
03-05-12, 01:12 PM
Nice one! I've just cancelled my shopto order and switched to this one now. I'm surprised zavvi of all places would have the bonus and still be cheaper. Its just a pity theres no soundtrack cd this time, I prefer them to the artbooks...

I did exactly the same. Never really order from Zavvi but the artbook swung it. Shame there isn't a soundtrack cd but an artbook is better than nothing :)

Emerald Emblem
03-05-12, 02:28 PM
You can always import the Japanese Soundtrack, might have more songs as well.

Cheers for the heads up by the way. Cancelled with ShopTo and ordered with Zavvi.

Rosalyn
04-05-12, 09:02 AM
Yeah, would have preferred the soundtrack, too. The game has some really good music. Gonna stay with ShopTo for speed. Sure is a good price at Zawi to boot, though.

*sigh* less than a month to go. Can't wait. <3

Rosalyn
19-05-12, 06:15 PM
Is Meruru delayed in Europe, or is it just America?

Emerald Emblem
19-05-12, 06:25 PM
Is Meruru delayed in Europe, or is it just America?
Don't forget that we were getting it inbetween this delay, so hopefully it won't affect Europe.

Rosalyn
20-05-12, 09:33 AM
Yeah. :) It'll be really neat if we get it first. Would make up for the lack of a limited edition a tiny bit. Oh, you guys seen the first 10 minuets in English on YouTube? Don't forget to check it out! Meruru's English voice is really awful, though. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJgo8-ZVmQE

Black_Dragon
21-05-12, 08:14 PM
Yeah. It'll be really neat if we get it first. Would make up for the lack of a limited edition a tiny bit. Oh, you guys seen the first 10 minuets in English on YouTube? Don't forget to check it out! Meruru's English voice is really awful, though. xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJgo8-ZVmQE Not really id say it was mediocre at beat still ..... oh crap i forgot totori. time to get plating.

Rosalyn
22-05-12, 10:05 AM
You crazy! That's only one week to get it done in...wait, lots less than one week. Gonna have to plat Meruru. Then I'll have the full set of Arland platinum trophies. Wonder if it'll be easier than Totori's? It wouldn't surprise me if they did dumb the game down again.

Her voice does get better the more you hear, but initially it seemed pretty painful.

Rosalyn
22-05-12, 07:04 PM
Meruru was posted today from ShopTo, so I guess no delay for Europe! :)

Emerald Emblem
22-05-12, 07:10 PM
Didn't I say so? No worries. You'll likely get this first so impressions would be much appreciated. ;3

Black_Dragon
22-05-12, 07:51 PM
You crazy! That's only one week to get it done in...wait, lots less than one week. Gonna have to plat Meruru. Then I'll have the full set of Arland platinum trophies. Wonder if it'll be easier than Totori's? It wouldn't surprise me if they did dumb the game down again. Her voice does get better the more you hear, but initially it seemed pretty painful. Okay, damn it you're right. Guess i'll have to hold on playing meruru when it arrives and focus on that.

Rosalyn
23-05-12, 11:13 AM
Sure thing! It arrived this morning, so I can do just that. Only played for about 35 minuets so far, but....

Oh my gosh, this game is GORGEOUS. It's another step up graphically from Totori, it's wonderfully vibrant and the music just rocks your socks. The graphics are so nice that they've made the pre-menu intro with in-game footage this time.

Item creation is the same as in Totori, so is the combat (as far as I could tell from the only battle so far). The only thing that has changed there is the 'time cards' which allow you to see whose turn it is next (just like in Final Fantasy X).

There is a lot of talking at the start before you can save, but the scenes thus far were better than Totori's (opinion). Slightly concerned by the drop in the frame rate when it lets you explore for the first time, but usually I don't record footage whist my PS3 is online, so it might just have been becuase of the extra stress the system was under? Will have to wait and see on that one.

Edit: watching the recording, it looks miles less choppy, so guess it's no big deal. Reminded me of something. You still can't turn the camera (even though the first thing you naturally want to do is manipulate it, boo), but now it zooms in on you automatically if you stand still. Which is kinda nifty.

Looking forwards to getting more time with it later today, it has a pretty solid start if you're the type that doesn't mind a lot of talking/scenes. If you played Totori, then you'll feel right at home with how everything works straight away.

And heehee, good luck, Black_Dragon! It's a tad easier/faster to pick up than Rorona's platinum, so hopefully you'll not have to wait too long.

PrismZeo
23-05-12, 05:27 PM
Hopefully I'll be playing this game too by friday, I just got my dispatch email from Zavvi. I really hope they dont do that weird sending the artbook separate thing GAME used to do...

Emerald Emblem
23-05-12, 07:49 PM
I had a bit of miscalculations for my bank account, so it didn't charge my card, fixed it last night but my dispatch will likely be tomorrow, so Saturday for me in the best case scenario.

Rosalyn
23-05-12, 08:41 PM
Aw, sorry to hear that. And okay. Really enjoying the game so far. Better than Totori imo. Seems like you'll probably have to rely on alchemy more in combat this time around.

And oh God, this game has the cutest character I ever saw in it.

Emerald Emblem
26-05-12, 11:33 AM
Well it didn't come today, waiting till Monday then. Gutted.

Rosalyn
26-05-12, 03:09 PM
Man, that's really lame. :/
It's worth the wait, though. Just passed the first year and it's absolutely excellent. Much better than Totori. It still seems unbelievable that GUST, a company of about 15 staff? Put out such a high quality game in a year. Other developers seriously need to step it up. But maybe it works becuase they were so small before the merger, since it would mean it's easier for everybody to talk to each other.

PrismZeo
28-05-12, 12:21 AM
I got my copy delivered on saturday, so not the worst delay I've had from preordering from zavvi. Game is really good so far and I really like that the battle turn cards the ps2 games had are kinda back.

I seem to be spending too much time in the workshop so I get the feeling I'm already heading towards a bad ending, time moves really fast like in Atelier Totori. I still dont get why gathering in the field consumes so much time either...

Rosalyn
28-05-12, 08:51 AM
You'd be pretty unlucky, it's generous with the time you get. And you can make an item to lower the cost of days consumed to move around later on, apparently.

Emerald Emblem
28-05-12, 01:19 PM
You'd be pretty unlucky, it's generous with the time you get. And you can make an item to lower the cost of days consumed to move around later on, apparently.

Well yes, there was in Totori as well.

PrismZeo
28-05-12, 01:36 PM
aww...they didn't make Meruru actually say "barrel!" (in English) for this game..at least so far. Kind of a shame, I like how awkwardly the character says it (in English) when you look at the random barrels.

The coach driver? Anyway I liked that item that let you warp straight back to the workshop from anywhere on the map in the last game. Also the thing that reduced gathering time was pretty useful too since I don't like ignoring gathering points.

Emerald Emblem
28-05-12, 01:57 PM
The coach driver?

No actually, there was a item you could make that reduced travel time on foot by half.

Looks like the postman doesn't want me to get this. Haven't had any post today and tomorrow I'll be busy all afternoon.

EDIT: Late post was late. Finally have it. <3

EDIT: Already a bit disappointed, why change the opening movie style from anime to in game stuff. sadpanda.jpg

Rosalyn
28-05-12, 03:40 PM
I hate Peter, just saying. He really creeps me out, especially when you play Totori with the Japanese voices. :lol:

Probably going to finish Meruru tonight, at the end of the third year now. It feels very short compared with the last two, but oh well (about 25-30 hours). It's a great game.

silvertongue
28-05-12, 06:23 PM
Well mine seems to have gone missing in the mail.

Rosalyn
29-05-12, 03:10 PM
Heeheee...I sold all my stuff thinking the game ends after three years. Turns out the game doesn't end after three years... ;)

Superbuu3
29-05-12, 07:58 PM
These games all have names which make me get confused what series they are part of. I'll have to do some research and work out which ones are which my mate said the games made by Gust were amazing.

Black_Dragon
30-05-12, 07:52 PM
These games all have names which make me get confused what series they are part of. I'll have to do some research and work out which ones are which my mate said the games made by Gust were amazing. All the games by gust are genuinely good however if i had to venture a guess on what game your friend was thinking of it would probably be Mana Khemia 1or2 or Atelier Iris 2 or the other atelier games. I dont think you'd be interested in Ar tone

Emerald Emblem
30-05-12, 09:49 PM
I've not had time to play the game, done 1 hour the day I got it, apart from the minor gripe with the Intro movie, I like where it has ended. Meruru herself is a breath of fresh air with her personality, Rorona and Totori were kinda similar but Meruru has sort of separated herself from them that way.

ManaAlchemist
02-06-12, 10:25 AM
I've been playing the game almost all the time I've been able to since i got it, and i really love it. :P

Definitely my favorite out of the Arland trilogy. :) (Though then again, the third game in GUST's series are usually my favorites.)

Though even if this game truly is great, i feel so damn disappointed with GUST's choice of character design in the next Atelier game. :( Sure the game will probably be great and have beautiful graphics like usual, but i find the art style to be so bad that it's kinda having me thinking about skipping it. :/

Oh well, Ayesha will at least get rid of the only thing i hate about the Arland games, the time limits. :D So that would definitely be a plus for getting it.

But anyways, does anyone know what transfers over in "new game+"? I'm nearing the end, and i'm guessing money transfers over, but does anything else also transfer over? Would be good to know a little way ahead of the ending to prepare. :P

Rosalyn
02-06-12, 09:40 PM
If ONLY money transferred over. ;_; All your gear transfers. That's it.

Emerald Emblem
02-06-12, 09:41 PM
Oh. My. Goodness.

Rorona is just SO. FREAKING. ADORABLE~! Cuteness overload to the max.

Well I was expecting it because I didn't get the true ending, but learning of the Totori spoilers was kinda sad, but it's not like I'd have the patience to fulfill all the ending conditions in Totori anyway. But glad to learn that:
Totori's mother was actually still alive after all and Astrid was her savior, what are the odds?.

Rosalyn
03-06-12, 01:47 PM
*You get to keep your equipped development gear as well (traveler's shoes ect.)

ManaAlchemist
04-06-12, 02:25 PM
If ONLY money transferred over. ;_; All your gear transfers. That's it.

So only the gear transfers? Well that certainly makes "new game+" a lot easier if development gear also transfers, but the money would really also have been useful.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Rorona is just SO. FREAKING. ADORABLE~! Cuteness overload to the max.
Can't say I like her as a child, but I at least have to say that I love the fact that she's great at scaring away Astrid as a child. :D

Well I was expecting it because I didn't get the true ending, but learning of the Totori spoilers was kinda sad, but it's not like I'd have the patience to fulfill all the ending conditions in Totori anyway. But glad to learn that:
Totori's mother was actually still alive after all and Astrid was her savior, what are the odds?.

I was actually working on getting that ending in Totori, so that they put that spoiler in Meruru really pissed me off, as it ruins the fun with getting the true ending now. And it was definitely not something they needed to mention in Meruru either as it doesn't have anything at all to do with the game. :(

PrismZeo
04-06-12, 03:13 PM

Are those shoes the item that reduces journey travel times? I think I need them badly since I barely made the 30000 population target in time because it took like 11 days to get to anywhere for good items...

I was actually working on getting that ending in Totori, so that they put that spoiler in Meruru really pissed me off, as it ruins the fun with getting the true ending now. And it was definitely not something they needed to mention in Meruru either as it doesn't have anything at all to do with the game. :(

That spoiler confused me when I first saw it in the game but then I got annoyed when I realised it was probably a spoiler for the true ending of the last game. I'm kinda less motivated to unlock it myself now & might end up just watching the ending on youtube or something.

Rosalyn
04-06-12, 05:15 PM
Indeed, they are. ;)

Emerald Emblem
05-06-12, 09:28 PM
That spoiler confused me when I first saw it in the game but then I got annoyed when I realised it was probably a spoiler for the true ending of the last game. I'm kinda less motivated to unlock it myself now & might end up just watching the ending on youtube or something.

Let's try looking at this as in you know what happens but you don't know how it happened, it'd be interesting to find out

PrismZeo
19-06-12, 04:08 PM
Finally finished my first run of the game, everything ended up topsy turvy. There seemed to be too many goals and I ended up running out of time to complete any of them. At least on my next run I'll know what to synthesize in advance & what the final deadline date is..

Black_Dragon
28-07-12, 05:33 PM
Late, late late I've just started a little while ago i didnt think this would be a little more tougher than totori but so far its great.

Black_Dragon
24-08-12, 05:14 PM
Okay im on the second playthough i guess my gear is a little overpowered but i should be able to burn though much faster this time

Black_Dragon
08-09-12, 06:32 PM
Okay plat'd meruru
and killed every non DLC boss