PDA

View Full Version : Tadakatsu Honda

Psycho_Ifrit
03-02-09, 12:56 PM
Tadakatsu Honda is my favourite character in samurai warriors by far i think he was better in sw2 as that is when he was most powerful and with is musou you get get 2000 hit combos

Onislash
03-02-09, 02:16 PM
Tadakatsu is a beast in gameplay however I found his personality rather boring. I guess loyalty to that extent bores me.

LittleDragonZ
03-02-09, 08:46 PM
Yeah, his voice isn't that good. Sure it fits his appearance, but there's some really odd and dodgy lines he says. The English dialogue for him has always been poor and makes him sound a little too dum.

Moveset-wise though, extremely powerful and extremely cool.

Ruka
10-02-09, 07:54 PM
Tadakatsu is a great character, but i prefer him as an opponent rather than playing with him. Sure he is very poweful but I don't get along to well with his moveset and musou.

Overall quotes i didn't like it either, his VA's makes some quotes rather funny in SW2 such as the character select screen: "My might will crush the enemy" and "I will never give up, never!"

God-Like Phoenix
10-02-09, 10:04 PM
Although he isnt one of my favourites, he is still an alright character to use... his charges are quite useful when you get them right...and his musou, even though there's not much movement, can get several enemies if you control it right :)

His design and VA in SW2 are alright...he just isnt one of those stand out characters of mine...he just blends into the wall for me :p

Onislash
11-02-09, 01:37 AM
In all fairness, most of Tadakastus lines could easily of been said by a generic officer. He was a generic officer in SW1 now that I think about it. :rolleyes:

zenkokuku
11-02-09, 03:40 AM
Tadakatsu is a tank. He has a killer moveset, a great personal theme and a top voice actor to sum things up. Although he is a bit slow on the movement speed, he has so many other super aspects about him which make up for it. In my opinion he is definitely the "Lu Bu" of SW.

Jiahe
03-04-09, 02:13 PM
Tadakatsu is a great character with his spear at hand. I don't use him alot but he is enjoyable overall with his moveset and musou attacks.

LittleDragonZ
03-04-09, 03:18 PM
When playing WO2 I remembered just how amazing his old attire was. I can even remember seeing the first few videos of SW2 and seeing his new outfit which did not impress me much - those trousers came to mind straight away.

Fayt
03-04-09, 09:47 PM
Tadakatsu, probably not quite as intimidating as Lu Bu from DW, but he is not far behind either.

While his personality is not his finest point his voice acting and loyalty to Ieyasu is great. As for using him, what he lacks in foot speed he certainly makes up for powerful spear techniques offering excellent range and power. I really loved his special move as well. "I'm Tadakatsu!" where he makes a relatively slow powerful attack - but gets a nice Musou gauge boost to go with it. With that you can have a Musou ready far more often, also making him much safer to use.

Ramza
06-05-09, 04:31 PM
I just don't like him.
His voice and quotes sound too generic, I find his armor to be both weird and ugly (is that a TAIL?) and, lastly, I have more fun with Keiji's moveset.
I wish he was as badass as his Basara counterpart =/

CuckooBanana
04-09-09, 01:49 AM
i thought keiji was the Lu Bu of Samurai Warriors? haha i think tadakatsu is stong fierce and cool, but nowhere close to being as cool as keiji.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/CuckooBanana/1.jpg

Ramza
04-09-09, 02:43 PM
Keiji is a Lu Bu at heart, at least in SW1.
I think Tadakatsu is more like Guan Yu in that he's very loyal, ugly and boring, plus they have horrible taste in clothing (that is, until DW6 Guan Yu).

DragonWarrior
04-01-13, 09:21 PM
Tadakatsu is the best character in SW series, he's a loyal warrior, his japanese voice badass, powerful movest EPIC music with a badass spear Tonbo-giri