PDA

View Full Version : Mugen Souls

Emerald Emblem
30-03-12, 10:32 PM
http://www.nisamerica.com/games/mugensouls/

Disgaea's art style, character creation mechanic and infinite damage limits mixed into Neptunia MK2's battle system gives us Mugen Souls, slated for a Fall 2012 release.

PrismZeo
31-03-12, 12:05 PM
Was that guy slicing multiple planets?
With such over the top special attacks like those this game has just become a must buy for me...

Black_Dragon
31-03-12, 08:03 PM
Hmm ... what is this? ... ... *watches trailer* it looks okay i suppose, i'll just hold off it for now until.

Emerald Emblem
31-03-12, 08:37 PM
Something I think that might sell this to some people.

3 words.

Loli bathing scenes. Though there is talk of censorship, so I think those might be taken out entirely.

Emerald Emblem
01-04-12, 05:37 PM
http://www.otakustudy.com/2011/12/mugen-souls-new-characters-artwork-and-screenshots/

Learn about some of the main characters and some other screenshots from the Japanese version

Shads
01-04-12, 11:11 PM
Loli bathing scenes. Though there is talk of censorship, so I think those might be taken out entirely.
NOOOOO!!! THEY MUST ABSOLUTELY NOT CENSOR THAT!!!

...ahem, I mean... er... "what do I care". Riiight. *cough*

Also, anyone who's still not convinced that this game's gonna be totally awesomsauce, need to watch this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WDIUGao6Z4

...Makes sense? No. Is freaking awesome anyway? Yes. :cool:

Black_Dragon
02-04-12, 05:52 PM
NOOOOO!!! THEY MUST ABSOLUTELY NOT CENSOR THAT!!!

...ahem, I mean... er... "what do I care". Riiight. *cough*

Also, anyone who's still not convinced that this game's gonna be totally awesomsauce, need to watch this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WDIUGao6Z4

...Makes sense? No. Is freaking awesome anyway? Yes. :cool:

Lol :D but it really more or less for fun right? Unfortunatly i am still not sure... Although, I think, when it gets closer to the release i'll probably change my mind.

Shads
02-04-12, 06:11 PM
Lol :D but it really more or less for fun right? Unfortunatly i am still not sure... Although, I think, when it gets closer to the release i'll probably change my mind.
Yeah, that trailer doesn't really say much about the actual game other than "this game doesn't take itself too seriously". But I totally love it anyway. And yeah, it's hard to tell how good the game's actually gonna be at this point, but I'm pretty excited about the character creation and Disgaea-style characters.

Black_Dragon
16-05-12, 08:08 PM
Is mugen got any DLC if so what'll it be exactly? Im kinda hoping that'll spark me into getting this.

Emerald Emblem
16-05-12, 09:41 PM
There has been voting for character DLC's, Neptune, Nepgear, Leonhardt and another character from a Compile Heart game were the first character pack. There is going to be a second one, not sure who won the voting in that one though.

EDIT: Reading up, it'll just be customization items, not the actual characters but rather components of their design to create custom characters with.

Black_Dragon
17-05-12, 08:08 PM
There has been voting for character DLC's, Neptune, Nepgear, Leonhardt and another character from a Compile Heart game were the first character pack. There is going to be a second one, not sure who won the voting in that one though. EDIT: Reading up, it'll just be customization items, not the actual characters but rather components of their design to create custom characters with. Aww damn... i was hoping it would be the actual characters... well i guess that will have to do for now thanks Emerald.

Black_Dragon
15-06-12, 08:05 PM
Oh now im interested, the artist is the same as disgaeas Takehito Harada... so now its a day1 purchase :)

PrismZeo
13-07-12, 03:05 AM
Looks like theres a nice Limited edition available for people ordering Mugen Souls from NISA's online store.

Limited Edition plus Figure Set Includes:
• Mugen Souls Limited Edition Box
- Mugen Souls for PS3
- Full-color hardcover art book
- Mugen Souls OST
- Shampuru Bath Set (hand towel + sponge)
• Mugen Souls Nendoroid Petite Figures
- Chou-Chou Infinite, Altis, and Shampuru

http://www.nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=n&article=pbomb/PrinnyBomb_Vol248.html

I cant afford it...*sigh*

Emerald Emblem
13-07-12, 07:18 AM
About what's gotten censored in the NISA release, the bathing minigames have been completely removed, nothing mentioned about bathing cutscenes, they still appear to be in.

PrismZeo
13-07-12, 11:55 AM
About what's gotten censored in the NISA release, the bathing minigames have been completely removed, nothing mentioned about bathing cutscenes, they still appear to be in.

They've taken out minigames? I wonder what they were... what was so bad they felt the need to remove them? Should I want to even know? Anyway at least that bath set in the limited edition kinda makes sense now

Emerald Emblem
13-07-12, 01:27 PM
They've taken out minigames? I wonder what they were... what was so bad they felt the need to remove them? Should I want to even know? Anyway at least that bath set in the limited edition kinda makes sense now
I think mainly because they were minigames in which you bathed a character and cleaned them with items in order to boost stats.

Shads
13-07-12, 08:38 PM
I think mainly because they were minigames in which you bathed a character and cleaned them with items in order to boost stats.
Ah, so now we can't get... umm... our stats as high as the japanese players? I'm so going to send lots of angry letters to... whoever's responsible... for preventing me from enjoying loli bath.. ah, erm, I mean... from boosting my stats! =O

...yeah, no hidden perverted intentions. None at all! It's just the stats I'm after!

Black_Dragon
14-07-12, 06:24 PM
Looks like theres a nice Limited edition available for people ordering Mugen Souls from NISA's online store.

http://www.nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=n&article=pbomb/PrinnyBomb_Vol248.html

I cant afford it...*sigh*

$99 knights???!!!! .... i mean dollars!?

ugh.... thats about 80-70 at most or is it more?

Lets see the items... cool a nendriod....
A sponge and bath ... set? .... what the heck would you need to... use...
oh....

moving on it seems good overall but its overpriced.

Emerald Emblem
06-09-12, 01:30 PM
Looks like GAME are getting the pre-order bonus artbook again. That's kinda annoying since they ship it seperately, at least Zavvi shipped them as a whole set.

PrismZeo
07-09-12, 02:05 AM
Looks like GAME are getting the pre-order bonus artbook again. That's kinda annoying since they ship it seperately, at least Zavvi shipped them as a whole set.

GAME again huh? I hope they've gone back to being good again, I remember getting annoyed one time when I had to speak to multiple people on the phone to convince them that an artbook preorder offer had existed because they removed the offer page on the game's release meaning the guy couldn't check it had been sent out or not

Black_Dragon
23-09-12, 05:01 PM
DLC already? and some people already rated it.... down.....*sigh*
Well no matter only 5 days or so left

Emerald Emblem
08-10-12, 04:50 PM
So who else has been enjoying their copies of the game? On the 5th world right now, really like the Hero and Demon Lord in this world.

The hero in training Welsh and the Demon lord in training Sharuru, both so cute. >w<

Shads
09-10-12, 07:38 AM
Just got it, so I'm still at the first world.

When do your custom characters (peons) get to learn skills by the way? Made a mage, who... well... doesn't have any magic. =P

Emerald Emblem
09-10-12, 01:04 PM
Just got it, so I'm still at the first world.

When do your custom characters (peons) get to learn skills by the way? Made a mage, who... well... doesn't have any magic. =P

Well it's when you unlock the Mugen Field. When you get to floor 10 your mage can learn a spell. The weakest one and I dunno how to get any others.

PrismZeo
11-10-12, 09:05 PM
I am really enjoying Mugen Souls so far, I might be near the end of the game now because suddenly enemies are wiping the floor with my party and I ran out of money to upgrade equipment...

Emerald Emblem
11-10-12, 10:02 PM
I am really enjoying Mugen Souls so far, I might be near the end of the game now because suddenly enemies are wiping the floor with my party and I ran out of money to upgrade equipment...

I know what you mean, Metal Worlds introductory boss was the best challenge so far bar what you encounter in the Mugen Field.

PrismZeo
12-10-12, 03:41 AM
Well I've finished the story now, final boss was interesting and I ended up getting the normal ending so I'll have play through it again for the true ending. I quite liked the normal ending image, the true ending one better be just as good...

Shads
12-10-12, 12:14 PM
Wow, you guys are progressing fast. Well, I haven't been able to play as much as I'd like because I got a bit busy with other things sadly. I'm mid-way through the second world right now. Is it hard to get the true ending? What do you have to do in order to get it? =O

Also, I just encountered and actually managed to beat a "sleeping boss" in the Mugen Field. Pretty much my whole stock of revive-items was depleted though. :cool:

Also, are there any big super-bosses outside the mugen field, or is the mugen field where all the post-game stuff happens?

Edit:

Finished the third world, and gotta say the hero and especially the demon lord of that world were the best so far. =P And my Disgaea item-world addiction applies to the Mugen field in this game too, but not at quite the same degree luckily. I haven't ended up incredibly overpowered yet, like I usually do before finishing the Disgaea main stories.

Black_Dragon
20-10-12, 05:30 PM
Ugh.... how long do i need to wait before mine gets here ....

Black_Dragon
27-10-12, 06:03 PM
Here at last but man... this game is so perverse :( Sorry for being such a downer guys. but at least on te upside the humor and combat are pretty good, so so far so good,

PrismZeo
27-10-12, 09:56 PM
Here at last but man... this game is so perverse :(

I'm worried now, have I started to ignore stuff like that now in favour of the humour & gameplay? The Neptunia games seemed worse for perverse stuff...

Black_Dragon
28-10-12, 10:22 AM
I'm worried now, have I started to ignore stuff like that now in favour of the humour & gameplay? The Neptunia games seemed worse for perverse stuff...

Was it? I dont think neptunia was that bad...
Lets, see.... i cant think of anything that memorable in the first one

Mk2 .... Well i guess there is a few That one with vert, maybe that one with the dogoo's if that counts, Everything CFW break? was it.... says and does
There might have been other stuff i missed as well.

Black_Dragon
03-11-12, 06:32 PM
Man my rate of progress is really slow in this,

Black_Dragon
01-12-12, 05:10 PM
Man those doppelgangers are something else, I didnt expect this game to be a 300h platinum...... this is gonna take a while...
well at least the peon ball no longer damages.

Emerald Emblem
08-12-12, 12:29 PM
I recently got back to this game...Only to put it on hold again. I was farming Shamparu's in the current world I'm at (Metal World) and advanced the story a bit, then I got murdered, that wasn't what made me hiatus the game, I tried farming again only for the game to freeze on me. So I've said **** it, I'm pissed off now and put it back in the backlog.

Black_Dragon
08-12-12, 06:29 PM
I recently got back to this game...Only to put it on hold again. I was farming Shamparu's in the current world I'm at (Metal World) and advanced the story a bit, then I got murdered, that wasn't what made me hiatus the game, I tried farming again only for the game to freeze on me. So I've said **** it, I'm pissed off now and put it back in the backlog.

I've heard of this problem. Its quite wide spread.
Although the solution to the freezing problem is ... lower your HDTV resolution
Assuming you installed it and using 1080p or 1080i
switch to 720p or 480p.
Dont give up! fever mode and blue sphere everything if you have to :)

Black_Dragon
15-12-12, 05:20 PM
Wiped out the doppelgangers .... rather easily. but having to view the tutorial again is starting to get really annoying ... why couldnt compile heart add a skip option

Black_Dragon
29-12-12, 05:28 PM
Man i feel dizzy... ugh well at least im on the 8th story playthough and still a long way to go *sigh*

Black_Dragon
05-01-13, 05:47 PM
Shampuru farming sure is hell but still i'm 75% there so i guess i cant quit.

silvertongue
14-01-13, 02:45 PM
It's been a while since I posted but here goes, lol.

Loving Mugen Souls, I just wish IF would reign in the perverse stuff a little but loving the game otherwise. Gotta love Mugen Field!!

silvertongue
17-01-13, 10:18 PM
Right I've just finished Mugen Souls but only got the 'normal ending' however I need a little help.

Do I need to either load a previous save before the last boss to go for the true ending? Continue with my save file as it is after seeing the normal ending? Or do I just start a new game+ via the continue shampururu (spelling probably wrong)?

I have to say though I've had so much fun with this game. Perverse stuff was mostly in the hot spring so actually wasn't too much at all.

:)

Black_Dragon
18-01-13, 01:22 PM
Right I've just finished Mugen Souls but only got the 'normal ending' however I need a little help.

Do I need to either load a previous save before the last boss to go for the true ending? Continue with my save file as it is after seeing the normal ending? Or do I just start a new game+ via the continue shampururu (spelling probably wrong)?

I have to say though I've had so much fun with this game. Perverse stuff was mostly in the hot spring so actually wasn't too much at all.

:)

Yeah id say go with a new game plus you need 20% charm overall level anyway and need to go though the mugen field up to floor 60 after beating bell then that should trigger the true end flag besides the extra levels and shamuru you get during you second playthough ought to really help and make the final boss battle even easier.
you can still do it on one playthough but youd have to farm shampuru like hell till you get 20% better just peoning all the contanants to 300% during your first and second playthoughs

heck i sound like an annoying text book. maybe cause this game is literary killing me
310h and still no where near completion.

silvertongue
18-01-13, 01:42 PM
Yeah id say go with a new game plus you need 20% charm overall level anyway and need to go though the mugen field up to floor 60 after beating bell then that should trigger the true end flag besides the extra levels and shamuru you get during you second playthough ought to really help and make the final boss battle even easier.
you can still do it on one playthough but youd have to farm shampuru like hell till you get 20% better just peoning all the contanants to 300% during your first and second playthoughs

heck i sound like an annoying text book. maybe cause this game is literary killing me
310h and still no where near completion.

Thanks for the help and tips :) 310hrs? you really are dedicated :)

Black_Dragon
19-01-13, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the help and tips :) 310hrs? you really are dedicated :)

... i wouldnt say dedicated maybe frenzy'd or past the point of no return lol

Black_Dragon
08-02-13, 07:46 PM
Im nearly done, i have done the mst hardest battle ib the game ....
now at 427h i am nearly done
i'll post up a few pics when im finshed :)

Black_Dragon
17-02-13, 02:04 PM
Here comes a myrid of pics
here go's nothing
Heres the over all stats
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/mugensouls00007_zpscb846e7c.png

Individual stats
Altis
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/mugensouls00002_zpsf73235eb.png
Bell
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/mugensouls00003_zps23020857.png
Dees
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/mugensouls00004_zps19f8bf78.png
CC-Sadist
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/mugensouls00008_zpsa44078b9.png

Overall Data (edited slightly)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/mugensouls00001_zps7a99db53.png
Yes i am absolutely shamed to have ran twice :( but i had to in my first play though

Took a long time to get to this
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Dragon_shift/mugensouls00006_zpsaa0efcbc.png

PrismZeo
17-02-13, 04:08 PM
Fever modes = 0? I thought I was missing something but if it says that for you too after all that time I guess that stat is glitched then? Also Large crystals never get easier to break?

Black_Dragon
18-02-13, 04:15 PM
Fever modes = 0? I thought I was missing something but if it says that for you too after all that time I guess that stat is glitched then? Also Large crystals never get easier to break?
Yeah i guess it does still remain 0 lol there are quite a few glitches in the game, the Lag issue was the only annoying issue, i hard in the JP ver there as none so im guessing that when the game was being edited some of the important software code got removed or something similar.
Yeah the large crystals are still a pain to break but there are a few innate skills to make it easier to break. But most likely you'll want to peon the large crystal than break it though