PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts Series

Ruka
04-02-09, 10:40 PM
I wasn't much of a Disney fan but knowing Final Fantasy characters entered the cast I decided to give this series a chance and actually liked the outcome.

The battle system was great on both KH and KH II but I didn't like the card battle system on KH:Chains of Memories, seems a bit pointless using cards to every action you want perfom such as Heal, Attack, Summon, etc.

I hope in future KH titles we are able to make our own party and travel with that party anywhere, also a 2P mode either VS or Co-op would be most welcomed.

ManaAlchemist
05-02-09, 05:45 AM
Co-op will exist in the coming DS game Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days if i remember right, at least some competitive mode will exist. But anyways i like the gameplay and so but i more or less hate Sora (i would prefer if Riku was the main character) and the disney characters/worlds that are childish like Winnie the Pooh and The little mermaid. But i love the disney worlds like The Nightmare Before Christmas, Pirates of the Carribean and Tron. I like the parts with FF charachters too (except for Yuna and her friends in fairy forms in KH2).

Ruka
05-02-09, 12:22 PM
but i more or less hate Sora (i would prefer if Riku was the main character) and the disney characters/worlds that are childish like Winnie the Pooh and The little mermaid. But i love the disney worlds like The Nightmare Before Christmas, Pirates of the Carribean and Tron. I like the parts with FF charachters too (except for Yuna and her friends in fairy forms in KH2). My thoughts exactly.

I didn't liked those worlds either, I personally liked more Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden and The World That Never Was the most, I also disliked when Sora and Co. turned into animals. lol

Kenji Icarus
05-02-09, 01:45 PM
I didn't liked Arielle's world in both parts.
Sora is very cool. There were rumours back in the days before its release that KH2 would be published in 2 versions: the last one should have been playable in Co-Op Mode. But that were all rumours.

I like the Story of the KH Series very much. They are combining the ones that have been part of my childhood with the ones that are part of my life now. Donald and Goofy are actually very funny companions. The fury and the clumsy =)
THe way you can move along in the world is also interesting, combining the jum&run style of disney games with the rpg-part of Square Enix games. This brings much more action into this game.

Winnie Pooh and his world is quite amusing. Don't know why you didn't liked it.

ManaAlchemist
05-02-09, 04:25 PM
I also disliked when Sora and Co. turned into animals. lol

That was the only time i really concidered breaking the game disc because i thought it was really silly (but i didn't since it was my sis game).

Winnie Pooh and his world is quite amusing. Don't know why you didn't liked it.

Well I've never liked Winnie the Pooh, so that's more or less the reason i didn't like that world.

Ruka
05-02-09, 05:28 PM
For me, I never liked any of the Mini-games on 100 Acre Wood, I only did them for the sake of getting Jiminy's journal to 100%.
Like Rijax i never liked Winnie the Pooh either.

LittleDragonZ
05-02-09, 07:18 PM
I was a bit scared at trying them lol. Only real reason I did was because I loved the Final Fantasy games beforehand. So I ended up really enjoying them and doing everything in both 1 and 2.

Gummi ships were much more bareable in 2, though still I avoided.

Kenji Icarus
05-02-09, 08:34 PM
Winnie Pooh was alway cool for me, especially eeyore.

Rikku, Yuna and Paine as fairys were funny.Mostly I liked it to fight the 1000 heartless enemies in Kh2, what a massacre ^^

Ruka
05-02-09, 09:40 PM
Not too hard since you can use two powerful commands to kill multiple enemies at time, but killing them all only using only the Keyblade sounds like something that would take quite a while to be done.

My Favorite Keyblades were: Oblivion, Oathkeeper, Ultima Weapon and Fenrir.

Favorite Summons: Tinker Bell (Auto-Regen + Auto-Life) and Simba, both from KH1.

Favorite Drive Form: Final.

Kenji Icarus
06-02-09, 07:17 AM
Yes it wasn'T very hard. But it created a feeling that I'm in a Warriors Series game.

My favorite summon was the Dschinn from Aladin in KH2.
My favorite Drive form is the Anti-Form, were Sora looks like a shadow ^^
I never really cared about gummy ships. It was just important to me to beat Sephiroth in both parts. Man, it took me a while to train Sora to beat the crap out of Seph.

Ruka
06-02-09, 07:32 AM
I don't like the Anti-Form, you don't get any Items, Exp, removes both party members and you take the double damage from any enemy.

Did you know you can sucessfully 'prevent' the Anti-Form? simply never use any Drive form while fighting any Heartless and Bosses excluding Nobodies.

If your playing on Proud Mode, Anti-form can be very annoying on boss fights.

Kenji Icarus
06-02-09, 12:53 PM
But if you didn't know, to get into the Anti-Form is necessary to get the Final Form.
You're right that the Anti-Form isn't very strong. But it's as fast as hell and looks incredibly cool.

Also, if you use the Final form, the "anti"-count decreases much. It increases by getting into any other form. So just use the final form once in a while.

Ruka
06-02-09, 12:57 PM
Yes I knew about it, but you only need it once. :p
But I don't like using Drive Forms during Boss fights, for the reason that Form might appear.

I wonder if we Europeans will ever get any of the Final Mix versions, I wouldn't mind buying the two games again for the bonus content.

LittleDragonZ
06-02-09, 01:05 PM
I was waiting for FM. But nah, I doubt it. I'm just waiting for a video of Kingdom Hearts 3 to show. Apart from that old teaser of course.

Oddman
06-02-09, 02:36 PM
i love the series. not everything in them though....the disney things can get annoying. most of em. but the little that are cool are COOL. XD

im really waiting for KH 3 XD

Kenji Icarus
07-02-09, 12:50 PM
Yeah, it's very annoying that the final mixes aren't published in europe.

I'd like to play Kairi in KH3, if that's possible. And also Riku.

Chi-Chi Blanche
03-03-09, 12:42 AM
meh, I don't really like KH anymore since #2. The first one I loved, I practically finished it (got up to final boss, got so close to killing him it wasn't funny, then ended up watching all the ending and spoiler and whatever later anyway), but KH2... I just didn't like it. I found it really depressing and too much like KH1 for me to be happy with. So if I wasn't bored stiff playing worlds that were already in KH1, I'd be bored stiff playing worlds that were otherwise easy (Mulan's world was a major letdown!!) and I'd get stuck on main quest bosses (like where I am now and have been for the past year and a bit)... but even so I got fairly close to the end; the gameplay must've been way shorter, also.

But yeah. Doubt I'll get KH3. They should've just stopped at one, imo.

Fayt
26-04-09, 02:28 AM
I've played both the PS2 versions, and a bit of the GBA one - Chain of Memories.

I didn't like Chain of Memories at all, but I enjoyed both the PS2 iterations. It's not a hardcore RPG by any means, but the battles and lighter mood it presents make it really easy and enjoyable to play. Cameo's from FF characters helped it as well, I loved having Auron in KH2 in particular as an ally. :D

silvertongue
26-04-09, 03:34 PM
Well I've got KH1 & KH2 but only played and completed the first one. I liked it but i don't think i'd ever pick it up and play it again. One of the things that i wasn't particularly keen on (maybe this is one of the reasons i keep putting off playing KH2) was the battle system, i just wasn't keen on it. Maybe the 2nd will change my mind when i eventually get round to playing it.

inaxhimikoxluvr
05-07-09, 08:56 AM
i like the soundtracks of the games most of them are used for theme for naruto chacrters
http://s689.photobucket.com/albums/vv254/sasukegirlcurse/Decorated%20images/?action=view&current=87068c33-1.png&newest=1

Nevfx
05-07-09, 03:40 PM
I've got KH 1 and 2, completed only 2, but got to the end of 1.

Plan to get the new games for the handheld systems. Hope KH3

Oddman
06-07-09, 08:58 AM
im want KH3...T_T

dokuganryuu
19-09-10, 12:33 AM
Like Ruka,i don't are a dysnei fan but i liked o KH 2 not the KH1 i presumed that game is for childrem,sorry for my bad english i am a brazilian and i still learning