PDA

View Full Version : Sun Quan

LittleDragonZ
06-02-09, 07:54 PM
Another of my all-time voices from the series, I'm glad its still going and went along with his younger DW6 appearance as well.

His personality seems to be a bit like he's always giving up hope, he likes to moan a bit. But in the name of Wu and with his family/army spirit having such a close bond, he can pull through with a bit of ferocius temper when he needs it. Like if backed into a corner. I've even heard people say he heavily relies on those around him and just sits at the back lol.

His moves, yeah, pretty dull pre-WO until he received some use with his R1 attack, likely his best move ever. Apart from in DW3 he had a chance to be good with his C4 death-enabled skill. Not as grand as Cao Cao and his last charge though.

Cao Cao
07-02-09, 10:32 AM
I've never been a fan of Sun Quan. I didn't like his look,moveset and personallity. His VA is really good,though. I like his new look in DW6,he looks cooler and younger. His moveset is a clone of Cao Pi and Yuan Shao,but I don't really mind as I like it. I'm a bit disappointed that he has no story.

Onislash
07-02-09, 11:15 AM
C4 = good,otherwise below average. Why? Most of the reasons I remember Wu stages are not him. Like:

Chi Bi = Zhou Yu/Huang Gai
Yi Ling= Lu Xun
He Fei = Gan Ning and Zhou Tai

Jiahe
14-02-09, 03:21 PM
My all time favorite character! He has one of the best overall voices in the game thanks to Skip Stellrecht. I been a fan of him since Dynasty Warriors 4 sporting the beard and that outfit with the helicopter hat. Let's just say I am just your basic average obsessed Sun Quan fangirl. That is all I need to say to express my opinion on him lol.

Gadner Bhan
11-03-09, 07:03 PM
Amazing visual improvement for him in DW6!! And this time around they gave him a most stylished moveset too, wich I think suits him very good. (Don't like that much it's shared with Yuan Shao, and for Cao Pi, he got decloned for DW6 special, woo-hoo!)
He was not a character I used to play often, but now I frequently pick him to do diverse runs in free mode thanks to this. Oh, and his flame-shaped sword, totally rocks!! Bravo por Sun Quan!

CuckooBanana
29-06-09, 02:18 AM
I never really liked the way Sun Quan looked in the DW series. Although, he looks awesome in DW6 and so does his weapon. I have a new respect for Sun Quan. His moveset is awesome as well and he is really fun to play at times.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_9cad38a919a04db4a04ec903649b6c23/adobe-px-assets/2b121adcb96e4518955e7b99de86cacd

TheBritt
13-08-09, 01:40 AM
I think one of the reasons people find it so hard to relate with Sun Quan is because he's not always the leader of Wu. Shu always has Liu Bei and Wei almost always has Cao Cao (I think very rarely you get Cao Pi as the leader though).

Before Sun Quan gets his shot you have Sun Jian and Sun Ce, who both have very strong personalities. Sun Quan, by comparison to them, is far less memorable and dithers. He does have his moments of ferocity (I think I remember one line were he announced he was going to slit my throat! :eek:) but they are rare. In one respect the fact that he isn't as strong as his predecessors is an interesting character quality, but it does mean he is over-shadowed by them and, thus, made less memorable.

I think DW6 has the best design for him to date, but with him being a cloned moveset and only playing a background role to others' story-lines, Sun Quan is, once again, swept aside. It's funny really because I'm sure he was the longest running king of Wu during the Three Kingdoms period. In fact, I think Wu was the last kingdom to fall in the end (Technically you might argue it was Wei but it had been taken over by the Sima family and replaced by the Jin dynasty)

LittleDragonZ
13-08-09, 06:45 PM
Well, I think Koei are drawn more towards Sun Ce, the younger and cheerful motivational personality. He's always been unique pre-DW6 (though still a great weapon in 6 despite the mass of spears) and has been very popular amongst Wu fans.

I like what they did with his father in 6, made sense to make him good looking, so it can be seen it runs through the family line.

CuckooBanana
13-08-09, 07:43 PM
yeah i know what you mean. i hate how people say that sun jian looks like a super sayain. i really think he doesn't. he looks a lot cooler and so does sun quan and since sun ce has always been cool, it makes the sun family a lot more respectable because they are better characters now.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_9cad38a919a04db4a04ec903649b6c23/adobe-px-assets/2b121adcb96e4518955e7b99de86cacd

Toco
28-08-09, 09:26 AM
never like him never will like him i dunno why but he never was a character he normally played i only played him a few times becoz of his awesome snake sword in DW6 but overall i dont really like him