PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Warriors Gundam: General Discussion

zenkokuku
10-02-09, 02:48 AM
I didn't see any main threads for the game so I thought I'd make one.
Possible things to discuss:
1. Do you have the game?/Have you played it?
2. How do you find it? (gameplay, music, voices, characters, etc)

1. Yes I have the game. I've completed all of the Official Mode but only just started on the Original Mode.
2. It was quite surprising to see KOEI produce a "Gundam" type game, but the result was impressive I must say. The characters were modelled really accurately to their other appearances (at least to me they were). Another feature I really enjoyed was the option to either use the JP or EN audio, which gave players a choice to be able to chooose which language they want to hear. The difficulty of the game was really good as well, it was probably the hardest KOEI game I've experienced, much harder than DW or SW in comparison...
However, the music side of things can be improved. But to sum up, it was nice to see something new/different and I believe the series is a great addition to KOEI.

Onislash
10-02-09, 03:41 AM
1. Finished all stories.

2. I mainly care about actually getting a Gundam game in Australia and it was easy to play (unlike target in sight). The most enjoyable parts were Heero and whatever Millardo wants to call himself as these were people I recognised.

I am pretty sure I heard some music from the Gundam Wing on some youtube videos of the game. That to me would of been prefable in some cases in game.

LittleDragonZ
10-02-09, 12:57 PM
1. Do you have the game?/Have you played it?
2. How do you find it? (gameplay, music, voices, characters, etc)

1. Yep I bought it since I felt it would be a good idea to try and find bits that stick out.
2. Slower gameplay to DW (except the Hyaku Shiki, it was like playing as 6's Gan Ning), music wasn't really my taste, voices and acting were superb, cool character selection, and I found the dash feature to be one of the best features to give praise for.

I'm looking forward to DWG2, especially since it's suppose to be so much better. It's my number 1 targetted at the moment.

Thadius
10-02-09, 05:11 PM
I got it not long after playing the demo, and was a little disappointed with the lack of playable units like Hambrabi, Palace Athene etc. but overall the gameplay was good old warriors style. The graphics could have been a little better but they did a good job considering the time they released it. I thought the sound was spot on (being taken from the series) and voice acting was generally good even with the cheese. Music was neither here nor there for me, since I didn't pay much attention to the series music so the game music wasn't a big factor for me.

My biggest gripe was the copy cat character movesets like having 3 Quebeley units, and 2 Gundam MKIIs'. They could have given each version a slightly different moveset or a different one entirely so the way they played was unique unlike the appearance. As I said earlier with several unplayable units and characters it was a shame, but the sequel is making up for that and then some, so its not too bad.

Zechs
10-02-09, 05:30 PM
It's my favorite game :D
Completed all official mode, still playing on original one. I like to level-up all my favorite characters and mecha, so I didn't play the others as well, lol.

I love Milliardo & Epyon, Char & Hyaku-Shiki, Kamille & Zeta and Haman & Qubeley.

ps: I bought my PS3 one year ago, right after I've seen DWG in a store :°D
I was managing to get PS3 much later, but that game called my name.

For the voice and soundtrack, I always play with japanese one. I've seen all Gundam series in japanese, I love them. The music is cool, but I wanted some more themes from the anime. I know that Musou 2 has some openings & endings as soundtrack, but they're all vocal-less.

BEHEMOTH
25-02-09, 10:36 PM
I'm renting at the moment, I like it the graphics, voices, sound, and music are fine however I have a problem with the difficulty because my heero is over lvl 20 and still takes alot of damage even on easy mode.

On single player I have trouble killing the other gundams but on co-op they're much easier even if the 2P isnt even with me.

Leady FF ^^
25-02-09, 10:59 PM
Yep, DWG series is definately the hardest of the Musou games. Don't worry no one finds it that easy. But i think it's ultimately more satisfying to win then ^^

Zechs
25-02-09, 11:03 PM
I don't find it difficult! Maybe sometimes allies MS get easily destroyed, but enemies are weak too...

Ranger Ryu
26-02-09, 12:06 AM
I don't find it difficult! Maybe sometimes allies MS get easily destroyed, but enemies are weak too...

I find it hard,when i was first playing it through I wa splaying at on easy mode in Orginial mode and my Amuro Ray had just reached lvl 30 and the Gundam was at lvl 10 I faced the Epyon and Musha Gundam at once and they took me down fairly easily to red health so I basically had to run away and spam the Hyper SP attack,man that was hard but the most fun I had since DW3 hard mode in the battle of Chang Ban!

Shadow0429
14-03-09, 03:01 PM
Does anyone know how to earn Emma Sheen?

Zechs
14-03-09, 03:51 PM
Does anyone know how to earn Emma Sheen?

Complete Official Mode with Char Aznable and Original Mode with Loran Cehack :)

Shadow0429
16-03-09, 05:04 PM
Complete Official Mode with Char Aznable and Original Mode with Loran Cehack :)

Thank you for the help

Zechs
16-03-09, 05:23 PM
You're welcome. I'm the Gundam Meister :D

kohlenkai
24-04-09, 10:33 PM
where i can change da voices to japanes?

Zechs
24-04-09, 11:46 PM
where i can change da voices to japanes?

In our dreams.:rolleyes:

mp99
17-05-09, 09:20 PM
does anyone know the max level of a pilot? i'm on lvl 30 for Heero but from wat i seee, it could b 50 or 100!! any pointers for faster leveling?

God-Like Phoenix
17-05-09, 10:48 PM
Its at Lv50...thats what level my Scirocco is, and when I did, all stats were pretty much maxed out, and also got the achievement for Maxing out a pilots level :)

Shadow0429
03-06-09, 12:05 PM
Its at Lv50...thats what level my Scirocco is, and when I did, all stats were pretty much maxed out, and also got the achievement for Maxing out a pilots level :)

Is there anything to equip Scirocco's mobile suit with in the beginning of the game because he is slow as hell.

God-Like Phoenix
03-06-09, 01:50 PM
Is there anything to equip Scirocco's mobile suit with in the beginning of the game because he is slow as hell.
From the start, not really.... The O is quite slow no matter what you do with it really, but when it does get to its higher levels, it is a complete powerhouse.

What I think I have equiped to my O is(if I can remember):
2xHard Strike
1xMinkorvsky Drive(however its spelt)
2xBiocomputer

Having that combination has allowed me to get through pretty much anything :) and hopefully it can help you

LittleDragonZ
03-06-09, 09:39 PM
Yeah it's possible to clear the game with him, his firepower is his strength. You must just cope with his speed... And by the way, don't do 2 or more of anything, they do not stack.

Shadow0429
04-06-09, 01:45 AM
ok thanks guys for your tip.