PDA

View Full Version : Official Pirate warriors thread

Superbuu3
23-09-12, 12:20 PM
Seeing as there isn't a section like there should be.

Anyway I've posted my experiences of the game here:

http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/t14750-one-piece-pirate-warriors-impressions-spoilers

ManaAlchemist
02-12-12, 06:23 PM
Well by now I've finished the "Main log" part of the game, and several of the characters modes in "Another log", and I'd say it's a very good game, at least for being the first One Piece musou game, though I'd also say that it could use a lot of polishing for sequels.

The combat is pretty much fine as it is, but what truly needs polishing is all that damn disgusting quick time **** in Main Log. Or preferably, get rid of that **** completely. I got the game for being a One Piece Musou game, not a quick time event game. Sure, the developers wanted it since they wanted to do something new from what they usually do with Luffy's abilities, but quick time stuff is just not fun. Just annoying. And preferably change the "events" on musou stages like when messengers appear when Nico Robin appears, as they are just annoying, or at least make the map more easy to read and make the "specified" enemy easier to see in a crowd.

Though for a sequel, if there ever will be one, I'd like it if they added the ability to jump on musou stages. Also, it'd be great if so much of the story wasn't skipped, and more balanced focus on the Straw hat crew instead of almost all focus on Luffy when it comes to story stages. Kinda sad that Brook and Franky just got like 2 stages or whatever they have. :/

Also more costumes for all the characters! Sure there are some DLC ones but not for all characters, and it's also sad that only Luffy, Zoro and Sanji got alternative costumes that you don't have to pay for. Hell I'd even be content if everyone had one standard outfit and one time-skip alternative one. Or actually it's enough if Nami gets her time-skip outfit. xD

Anyways, as i said, it's a very very good game for a first one piece musou game, but at the same time, I'd say that there are loads of simple improvements they can do to sequels. :P

Rosalyn
13-02-13, 12:48 PM
I had the urge to play this game again, it seems a lot more enjoyable a second time through...first time I did get confused by some of the jumping bits last time though, I'd get turned around a lot. ^^;
Is anybody else still playing it online? I already platted it once, so I started my new go on another account. Might sort of work towards a second plat if it keeps being enjoyable enough.

ANYWAY. I thought you might be interested to know you can exchange Namco Bandai points for ten dynamic One Piece themes now ~ http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/vipcorner/get/slug/one-piece-pirate-warriors-dlc-ps3-dynamic-themes-pack

ManaAlchemist
14-02-13, 09:16 AM
Aw I want those damn themes. :< Why do they have to be exclusive to that site? If i just had one more NB game to register i could get 'em, but Tales of Xillia and One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 will be released after this offer disappears, and NB doesn't really have any more good games out that come with the "register for points code". :(

But anyways, yesterday I started playing OPPW again cause I had watched some episodes of the anime, and felt like playing it after. Really love the effects on Whitebeards quake attacks. :D
And i have to say, I want to play online, but most of the time I can't, because sadly, thanks to my sisters causing lag when doing whatever crap they are doing.

Rosalyn
14-02-13, 10:03 AM
Aww...I take it you already have Tales of Graces F? You might like that if you were interested in Xillia.

Haha, funny we start to play again on the same day. The netcode for One Piece is really solid, you'd probably be fine if you wanna play. Let me know, and I'll PM you my alt accounts ID (since I'm playing One Piece on that one) :>

ManaAlchemist
15-02-13, 08:45 AM
Aww...I take it you already have Tales of Graces F? You might like that if you were interested in Xillia.

Haha, funny we start to play again on the same day. The netcode for One Piece is really solid, you'd probably be fine if you wanna play. Let me know, and I'll PM you my alt accounts ID (since I'm playing One Piece on that one) :>

Yup, I have ToGF, but unfortunately, that is the first tales game that actually sucks. :(

Anyways, I guess we could try to play sometime if you want. My PSN is "Mana-Alchemist" if you want to add me.

Rosalyn
15-02-13, 09:55 AM
Okay, shall do! Don't see why those themes cost so many points, they're just themes. You can get a full game (Klonoa) for less. I'm starting to look forwards to the second Pirates game now. x)

ManaAlchemist
15-02-13, 11:15 AM
Okay, shall do! Don't see why those themes cost so many points, they're just themes. You can get a full game (Klonoa) for less. I'm starting to look forwards to the second Pirates game now. x)

Is it really the full Klonoa game though? It's marked with "25%" so I think you just get it slightly cheaper.

But yeah, OPPW2 is something to really look forward too. :D I don't know if i should be happy or sad though that there's not going to be a "Main log" mode in the game. It was kinda fun the first time, but after that, I sadly don't see much replayability in it. :/ But at least I can say that I'm really looking forward to Law being playable. :P

Rosalyn
15-02-13, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I downloaded it already, it's the full thing! It was 2000 points before, they're having a sale on that and the Tales DLC.

Hmm...but there must be a story mode of some kind, right? I'm confused. xD Heehee, that will be cool. There's supposed to be a versus mode, right? That'll be fun. Urgh, getting hyped.

ManaAlchemist
16-02-13, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I downloaded it already, it's the full thing! It was 2000 points before, they're having a sale on that and the Tales DLC.

Hmm...but there must be a story mode of some kind, right? I'm confused. xD Heehee, that will be cool. There's supposed to be a versus mode, right? That'll be fun. Urgh, getting hyped.

Damn, then I wanna get that klonoa game too. XD

But yeah, there will be a main story mode, but I'm guessing it'll be more like a regular "Musou" mode instead (kinda like how the rest of the characters "story" modes worked in the first game). At least thats what I hope, 'cause I really don't like QTE in games. I dunno about that versus mode though, it'll probably only be local or something, and my friends don't really like the DW games (or fighting games), so I wouldn't get to play it. Hopefully it's online though.

At least it's just a month until the Japanese release so we'll get to know what characters is in it. :D

Rosalyn
16-02-13, 10:49 AM
Heehee.

Aaah, I see. Man, it's only a month away? Guess we'll know all soon enough. It looks overall to be an improvement over the first. Hopefully they will have fixed the camera too. It looks like they probably listened to feedback from the first, so it should be improved. :>

Korin
16-02-13, 03:47 PM
Where can I find links for this game

Rosalyn
17-02-13, 03:07 PM
Is there any chance Europe will get the second one on the Vita? If it has cross-play, then I'll probably go Vita. It would probably look just gorgeous.

ManaAlchemist
18-02-13, 08:51 AM
Where can I find links for this game

Um, what kind of links do you mean? Videos? Places to buy it?

Is there any chance Europe will get the second one on the Vita? If it has cross-play, then I'll probably go Vita. It would probably look just gorgeous.

Right now I doubt the Vita version will ever be released in Europe sadly. Namco Bandai confirmed that they have no plans at all for the Vita version. :(

But apparently Aokiji (Kuzan), Akainu (Sakazuki), Kizaru (Borsalino) and Monkey D. Garp has been confirmed as playable now. Really love that Aokiji is gonna be playable as he's been one of my favorites for a long time, and he's got one of the most awesome powers, Ice! :D

Source link: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/17/play-as-the-marine-admirals-in-one-piece-pirate-warriors-2/

Rosalyn
18-02-13, 09:34 AM
Aww...the Vita is never going to sell better over here if they continue keeping games in Japan only. Meruru and totori + probably won't ever see the light of day here either.

I'm gonna main Law. B) ...if they make it harder to reach top level so having a 'main' feels more worth it.

Thanks for playing with me yesterday, btw. Didn't notice any lag, so you should be fine to play it with most people in Europe. :>

ManaAlchemist
18-02-13, 11:03 AM
Aww...the Vita is never going to sell better over here if they continue keeping games in Japan only. Meruru and totori + probably won't ever see the light of day here either.

I'm gonna main Law. B) ...if they make it harder to reach top level so having a 'main' feels more worth it.

Thanks for playing with me yesterday, btw. Didn't notice any lag, so you should be fine to play it with most people in Europe. :>

Well I guess lag is not the real problem for me really. Rather it's that our router can only handle 3 internet connections at once, and since we have 4 computers here, and my sisters have their phones connected to our wifi, it usually ends with me being able to connect to internet with anything other than my pc, which is almost always on to hog one of the internet connections. xD

When I'm lucky my sisters actually shut down their pc's or are away so i can play, like yesterday. :D Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get online when i came back from shopping. :/

But yeah, at least there was no noticeable lag yesterday when we played. :D

Rosalyn
18-02-13, 11:24 AM
It's fine, my bath took a lot longer than expected, so I was glad to see I didn't disappoint by not coming back online for ages.

Sounds like your router gets put under a lot of stress, makes the One Piece netcode seem all the more impressive. You're in Sweden, and I'm in England, so that's quite the distance to boot!

ManaAlchemist
18-02-13, 06:17 PM
It's fine, my bath took a lot longer than expected, so I was glad to see I didn't disappoint by not coming back online for ages.

Sounds like your router gets put under a lot of stress, makes the One Piece netcode seem all the more impressive. You're in Sweden, and I'm in England, so that's quite the distance to boot!

Yeah, it's quite an old router, so it's probably under quite a lot of stress, but yeah, the OP codes seem to be quite well done. Though I have to say that I hope they'll make it possible to play 4 people over the net at least in OPPW2, like in DW: Gundam 3, because just two feel a little few. :P

Korin
18-02-13, 10:43 PM
I have a question, why is this TECMO KOEI forum or is Namco Bandi apart of this company now?

ManaAlchemist
19-02-13, 07:37 AM
I have a question, why is this TECMO KOEI forum or is Namco Bandi apart of this company now?

This is in the Tecmo Koei forum because Tecmo Koei, or rather their developer Omega Force, are the ones who made the game. Namco Bandai are just the publisher/distributor for it.

Rosalyn
19-02-13, 10:17 AM
Aw man, that would be really cool, good idea! You're totally right, half the time you don't even see the person you're playing with. xD

ManaAlchemist
25-02-13, 09:59 PM
Hahahaha wow, damn Franky will have his "Franky Nipple Lights" attack. xD

Here's a new trailer showing some gameplay with many characters (Franky Nipple Lights is around 1:42):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmwp2P6Rsnk&feature=player_embedded

But seriously, I am so damn hyped for this game right now! It just looks like it'll be so ******* good.
And Nami looks really much more fun to play with, which is so damn great since she's got the awesome timeskip outfit now. :D

Rosalyn
25-02-13, 10:06 PM
Guess they'll probably buff Nami and Robin since they were so much weaker than the rest (Nami especially). I like the nipple lights too xD

ManaAlchemist
26-02-13, 07:27 AM
Guess they'll probably buff Nami and Robin since they were so much weaker than the rest (Nami especially). I like the nipple lights too xD

Dunno if they'll buff Nami, but i read something about Robin being the most overpowered character in the game, so she'll probably be nerfed. Though even if they buff/nerf some characters, I'm guessing a lot of characters might play different from the first game, or at least it looks that way. And I have to say that Chopper definitely needs to be different since he was utter crap in the first game. :/

But yeah, "Franky Nipple Lights" is awesome. :D

Rosalyn
26-02-13, 10:19 AM
Robin's level 2 is ridiculous (and funny), but White Beard is easily the most over powered. He doesn't even have to go near to enemies to beat the hell out of them. Chopper is pants until you get his level two. CHOPPER SMASHHHHH. Really wish they had made devil Chopper bigger though. Guess it caused too many problems, he'd fill entire territories with just his hooves.

Did you know the first one is download only for the US? Apparently the second one is too, sucks to be them. :(

ManaAlchemist
26-02-13, 12:36 PM
Robin's level 2 is ridiculous (and funny), but White Beard is easily the most over powered. He doesn't even have to go near to enemies to beat the hell out of them. Chopper is pants until you get his level two. CHOPPER SMASHHHHH. Really wish they had made devil Chopper bigger though. Guess it caused too many problems, he'd fill entire territories with just his hooves.

Even if one ability is good like Choppers lvl 2, it doesn't mean he's any good at all.
But yeah, the sizes really seem off in the game. It's like they only have "two" sizes, regular and giant. So most "boss" characters that are just tall (like Aokiji, CP9) are just as big as the characters that are closer to "giants" (like Kuma and Choppers "monster" form). And sadly it seems to be the same in the next game from the trailers, like how Franky Shogun (Franky's huge robot) just is slightly bigger than himself.

Did you know the first one is download only for the US? Apparently the second one is too, sucks to be them. :(
Yup, heard lots about it back when it was coming out since americans where whining like crazy about not getting the physical copy when europe got it. So yeah, sucks to be them in this case, but still just look at all the games that never even reach europe, and there's also a lot of games that europe only gets as a download when the US gets physical copies, so I can't say that it's "unfair" as many claim.

What's unfair though is that out of all the countries in europe, a country like France gets the "Limited Editions" of the game. :/
But at the same time, France is pretty much the reason the game even gets released in europe (since they're the largest market for "manga/anime" games), so I can't complain to much about that.

PrismZeo
26-02-13, 01:48 PM
Here's a new trailer showing some gameplay with many characters (Franky Nipple Lights is around 1:42):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmwp2P6Rsnk&feature=player_embedded

But seriously, I am so damn hyped for this game right now! It just looks like it'll be so ******* good.

Was the first game good? I've somehow never heard of these games before, but that trailer makes the new one look awesome! I'll certainly be keeping track of it now

Rosalyn
26-02-13, 04:30 PM
I'd argue that since you can get their level 2 specials off so often (with the right coin skills), that it does make them good characters. The whole game is so easy anyway that a few of the others seem way over powered.

Hm, you think so? Gonna have to look at the trailer again, Franky seemed a good size in my memory, but maybe I didn't pay enough attention.

They kinda have good reason to whine, but you make a good point.
Really sucks about the limited edition. Was that the one with the Thousand Sunny? looked really cool.

The first one is good for a One Piece game. It's oddly addictive, but strictly speaking it isn't a good game. It's extremely repetitive and fairly lazy. Definitely for fans of One Piece only. The things it probably deserves the most praise for are how colourful it is, how good the graphics are, and how decent the netcode is. You can play with people across the globe with no visible lag. It's also really easy to jump in and get an online game going. I'd say to skip the first and just jump in at the second. It looks overall better, and has more playable characters. I think the levels from the first are in the second anyways. Besides, the first one skipped Thriller Bark (it's in the second)and we can't have that. :p

ManaAlchemist
26-02-13, 05:36 PM
Was the first game good? I've somehow never heard of these games before, but that trailer makes the new one look awesome! I'll certainly be keeping track of it now

The first one is good for a One Piece game. It's oddly addictive, but strictly speaking it isn't a good game. It's extremely repetitive and fairly lazy. Definitely for fans of One Piece only. The things it probably deserves the most praise for are how colourful it is, how good the graphics are, and how decent the netcode is. You can play with people across the globe with no visible lag. It's also really easy to jump in and get an online game going. I'd say to skip the first and just jump in at the second. It looks overall better, and has more playable characters. I think the levels from the first are in the second anyways. Besides, the first one skipped Thriller Bark (it's in the second)and we can't have that. :p

As a fan of One Piece and Dynasty Warriors style games, yes the first game was good, but at the same time, kinda bad in a lot ways. Also seeing how fast they announced the sequel after the first game, a lot of people has called the first game "beta test" because it was missing so many "important" story arcs like Skypiea and Thrillerbark, and seemed kinda rushed as a whole. So simply, it's good but at the same time bad. :P

But if you're interested, I'd say skip the first one and go for the second one, as it looks to be much better. More story, and it looks like it'll have at least double the amount of playable characters from the first. Unless you're a huge One Piece fan, then you'll probably love the first game too. :D

PrismZeo
26-02-13, 07:19 PM
Alright thanks for the advise, looks like I'll be trying to get the 2nd game then since I won't know too much about One Piece until the region 2 dvds start coming out in May

Rosalyn
01-03-13, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RZXwYo36AnI#!

Story trailer...more like hype increasing trailer. I'm digging this whole 'what if?' style they decided to go with, more interesting than them just going over the story as we already know it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HQUxoDCpT3Y

^ Trafalgar Law gameplay.

ManaAlchemist
01-03-13, 06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RZXwYo36AnI#!

Story trailer...more like hype increasing trailer. I'm digging this whole 'what if?' style they decided to go with, more interesting than them just going over the story as we already know it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HQUxoDCpT3Y

^ Trafalgar Law gameplay.

GHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA A!!!

Why isn't the game out yet!? :( I want it so bad. Really, really close to importing the japanese version when it's released to get it early, but it'll suck that I won't understand all of the story.

But yeah, it's nice with an alternative story together with the main story, but kinda sad they showed in the trailer how "Shadow" Sanji probably will regain his sanity again after becoming "evil", or at least I think they showed it. :/
Nice at least that pretty much all characters from the first game seems to have been confirmed as playable by now. :)

Rosalyn
01-03-13, 09:14 PM
Lmao. xD You'll be glad you waited and saved some money, haha. Unless you're crazy rich.

I didn't link them before, but there are more gameplay trailers, like of Smoker if you're curious. Btw, do we know if it supports cross play? If we can't have the Vita version, then I hope we can at least play the PS3 version on the vita. Just got a Vita the other day and I freaking LOVE it.

http://gematsu.com/2013/02/one-piece-pirate-warriors-2-screenshots-gameplay

ManaAlchemist
02-03-13, 06:47 AM
Lmao. xD You'll be glad you waited and saved some money, haha. Unless you're crazy rich.

I didn't link them before, but there are more gameplay trailers, like of Smoker if you're curious. Btw, do we know if it supports cross play? If we can't have the Vita version, then I hope we can at least play the PS3 version on the vita. Just got a Vita the other day and I freaking LOVE it.

http://gematsu.com/2013/02/one-piece-pirate-warriors-2-screenshots-gameplay

Yeah, saving money is kinda a good reason to wait. Sucks to be poor. :/
And I know there are some more trailers, but I try to avoid them, cause I get so damn hyped by them. Well except for when they only show characters I don't like, like Smoker and Chopper, cause they just look boring. :P

Sadly, I doubt the game supports any type of cross play. :(
And yeah, the Vita is a fricking handheld masterpiece. :D

Rosalyn
02-03-13, 08:49 AM
I love you...I thought everybody was crazy for Smoker! I thought he was boring too! Nice not to be alone. Chopper is irritating even, he's always yelling and his voice just gets so annoying.

That's a real shame about cross play. :/

ManaAlchemist
02-03-13, 03:01 PM
I love you...I thought everybody was crazy for Smoker! I thought he was boring too! Nice not to be alone. Chopper is irritating even, he's always yelling and his voice just gets so annoying.

That's a real shame about cross play. :/

Whoa, someone else who actually realizes that Smoker and Chopper aren't that good!? Awesome. :D

But yeah, Chopper is just mainly annoying, and Smoker is just plain and boring. And I have to say I dislike him even more after the timeskip with that ugly hairstyle he got. Only thing I liked about Smoker recently though was that he was so close to getting killed by Doflamingo, that he made the awesome Aokiji appear again. :P

Rosalyn
02-03-13, 04:29 PM
Why do people like him so much? I can sort of understand chopper since he is a little cute looking at times, but Smokes? He's just a boring old fart with an attitude problem.

Aokiji is a funny one, he was really cool (if you'll excuse the pun) in the anime, but he was pretty annoying in the game for some reason. Maybe because he was the first thing to get me killed. ^^;

ManaAlchemist
02-03-13, 08:42 PM
Why do people like him so much? I can sort of understand chopper since he is a little cute looking at times, but Smokes? He's just a boring old fart with an attitude problem.

Aokiji is a funny one, he was really cool (if you'll excuse the pun) in the anime, but he was pretty annoying in the game for some reason. Maybe because he was the first thing to get me killed. ^^;

Well Aokiji was kinda op, so yeah, kinda annoying, but i found Kizaru to be a lot more annoying. Though it'll probably never ever happen, I kinda hope for Aokiji to join the Strawhats, since he's really funny. And he's got my favorite ability, ice, so seeing it alot more in action would be great. :P

Rosalyn
03-03-13, 10:17 PM
Kizaru needs stabbing, his slow way of talking is so annoying for some reason. xD He's so cocky too.

ManaAlchemist
03-03-13, 10:38 PM
Kizaru needs stabbing, his slow way of talking is so annoying for some reason. xD He's so cocky too.

Stabbing Kizaru won't work. He needs to be drowned or something like that, so the Light fruit can be passed on to someone better. :D

EDIT:
Yay, there's a demo coming on the japanese PSN on thursday, with both Luffy and Law playable. :D
And apparently a if you download it early you get a PS3 theme too. :D

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/04/one-piece-pirate-warriors-2-demo-with-luffy-and-law-coming-on-thursday/

Rosalyn
04-03-13, 10:36 AM
...you are becoming my fave person.

Brilliant news, time to make a Japanese account!

This kills me though...xD "Namco Bandai has announced it will give away a PS Vita protective film (with matching wallpaper) in limited quantities to all PS Vita copies of the game purchased together with a PlayStation Vita system."

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/one-piece-pirate-warriors-2-demo-hits-japan-this-thursday

ManaAlchemist
04-03-13, 11:45 AM
...you are becoming my fave person.

Brilliant news, time to make a Japanese account!

This kills me though...xD "Namco Bandai has announced it will give away a PS Vita protective film (with matching wallpaper) in limited quantities to all PS Vita copies of the game purchased together with a PlayStation Vita system."

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/one-piece-pirate-warriors-2-demo-hits-japan-this-thursday

Hmm, that vita skin looks okay when the wallpaper is there, but won't it look really bad when something else is on the screen? :P

Since you'll only see part of blackbeards beard and belly, part of Luffy's foot, and Aokiji's hand, coat and leg? So when I think about that, I don't think we're missing out to much on that at least.

Rosalyn
04-03-13, 06:13 PM
Hah, you're right. It's off-putting when you say that about Blackbeard's belly too. xD

ManaAlchemist
05-03-13, 06:25 PM
Hah, you're right. It's off-putting when you say that about Blackbeard's belly too. xD

Oh, so you don't find his fat belly sexy? xD

But anyways, I have to say that even if I don't really like Blackbeard or a lot of the enemies in One Piece, very many of them has really brilliant voice actors. Especially Blackbeard, Hody, Kaku and Lucci. Though then again, so does most of the good guys and main characters too. :P Quite amazing that they've managed to have such perfect voice acting altogether.

Though Franky is probably the one who has the most fitting voice out of everyone, and hell, Franky was made with his voice actor in mind, since Oda wanted him to have a more permanent role in the anime, unlike his other roles. :D

Rosalyn
05-03-13, 08:12 PM
Oh yeah, I wanna stroke his belly hairs, and kiss it. :p

I don't like the bad guys in One Piece either, but I guess that just means they're well done. Heehee, quite right! The good guys voice actors have some of the best laughs ever too. Chopper's voice can get pretty annoying, but it really fits him.

Franky has a su-----pe-----rrrrrrr voice actor! That's an interesting fact, I wonder how many characters were made with the voice actor in mind rather than making the character first then searching for the voice talent second. Never heard of it being done that way around before.

ManaAlchemist
05-03-13, 09:36 PM
Oh yeah, I wanna stroke his belly hairs, and kiss it. :p

I don't like the bad guys in One Piece either, but I guess that just means they're well done. Heehee, quite right! The good guys voice actors have some of the best laughs ever too. Chopper's voice can get pretty annoying, but it really fits him.

Franky has a su-----pe-----rrrrrrr voice actor! That's an interesting fact, I wonder how many characters were made with the voice actor in mind rather than making the character first then searching for the voice talent second. Never heard of it being done that way around before.

Well if I remember right, Oda really loved Kazuki Yao's "hentai-like" performances as Jango and Bon Clay, so he decided that he needed a more permanent role, and made Franky.

And another interesting fact is that Ivankov was based on a "okama" guy that's named Norio Imamura whom Oda met. Later that guy heard that there was a character based on him in One Piece and auditioned for the role in the anime, and actually got the role too. Though he got arrested because of posting "indecent" images of himself on the net, and stepped down from that role. I think there might some others that also were made with voices in mind, but I can't remember.

Dunno if you already heard this though, but did you know that Oda once mentioned in his SBS corner which every strawhats nationality would be if they lived in the real world? It's kinda fun to know. :D

Luffy - Brazilian
Zoro - Japanese
Nami - Swedish (I kinda find it awesome that my favorite OP character would have the same nationality as myself. xD)
Usopp - African
Sanji - French
Chopper - Canada
Robin - Russian
Franky - USA
Brook - Austrian

You might have noticed from this, but I really love trivia. :D

Rosalyn
05-03-13, 11:28 PM
Man, you really know your stuff! Thanks for sharing that with me. :)

You can sort of see that with some of their nationalities. Sanji being French, definitely. Robin being Russian, yep. Zoro Japanese, you bet. Some are a surprise though, like a Brazilian Luffy! If the people of Brazil are like Luffy, that would be my favourite place on Earth. That's awesome your favourite is from the same country as you, there must be something in that Nami being Swedish.

I didn't even know there was something called an okama, I thought that "Okama way" was just something in the show. xD

ManaAlchemist
06-03-13, 05:55 AM
Man, you really know your stuff! Thanks for sharing that with me. :)

You can sort of see that with some of their nationalities. Sanji being French, definitely. Robin being Russian, yep. Zoro Japanese, you bet. Some are a surprise though, like a Brazilian Luffy! If the people of Brazil are like Luffy, that would be my favourite place on Earth. That's awesome your favourite is from the same country as you, there must be something in that Nami being Swedish.

I didn't even know there was something called an okama, I thought that "Okama way" was just something in the show. xD

Yeah, some of their "nationalities" are really visible (like franky with his cola), while others aren't (like Luffy and Usopp). :P

Ah, no "Okama" is kinda like a Queer or transvestite or something like that. Don't know how to explain it exactly as I'm not completely certain what it really is myself, but the whole reason Mr. 2 Bon Clay didn't have a partner in Baroque Works (like all the others) is that he was an "okama" so he got the name "Mr. 2" for the "man" part and "Bon Clay" for the "female" part. :P

But I have to say that it was really relieving that we got to see that he's alright in one of the chapter covers after what happened in impel down. And also hilarious that he's taken over Ivankov's "paradise" there.

And anyways, just one more day until the Japanese OPPW2 demo! Hurray! :D

Rosalyn
06-03-13, 09:02 AM
Usopp's hair type and colour is right for Africa, that's all I could think of. Do they still have small tribes in Africa? Maybe some of them use slingshots when hunting animals.

Ahhhh, that makes total sense though, so you probably are right. Now that you mention it, Mr 2 was the only one that got a second name. Oda really thinks his characters through, doesn't he?

Haha, you can imagine him feeling at home in Ivankov's lair. That's surprising he got away, guess they really like the character and wanted to keep him. Luffy will be happy.

Sweeet, thanks for the reminder! Hardly going to understand a word of it, but it would be nice to grab that theme.

Rosalyn
21-04-13, 07:12 PM
Oh geez. The collector's edition of Pirate Warriors 2 is from GAME only and it costs 75.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/one-piece-pirate-warriors-2-collectors-edition-216532?pageSize=20&searchTerm=one%20piece

Korin
21-04-13, 09:29 PM
Is this Europeon only game?

Rosalyn
21-04-13, 11:07 PM
Pirate Warriors 2 is coming to America as well (digital release only).

Superbuu3
23-04-13, 02:58 AM
i feel silly i never redeem those points. I probably should have.

Rosalyn
23-04-13, 09:20 AM
Heehee, I remember wondering where you were when we were posting in here because you were obviously a fan (from your avatar and signature). That's when I saw on your profile you'd not been around for ages so I sent you that first PM. x]

That little Luffy with the limited edition is still tempting, but 75 is such a lot of money for just the figure and the game. Most limited editions around that price come with more.

Superbuu3
23-04-13, 03:03 PM
I want the Going Merry :D

But yeah 75 seems overpriced you're paying around 45 for the figure as I saw this listed on GAME online for 30 pounds, if it still is i probablly should preorder.

EDIT: Its not it went up to 45 >_>

EDIT2: My bad its dynasty warriors 8 at game for 30 pounds, i might preorder that :D

Rosalyn
23-04-13, 09:59 PM
Pirate Warriors 2 is cheaper on ShopTo. =)

Superbuu3
23-04-13, 10:32 PM
Ok i'll probably preorder it I'll be shocked if its going to be less than 35 anywhere. Oh its 35 on zavvi btw last i checked.

Rosalyn
24-04-13, 09:42 AM
Hmm...tempting. It's quite hard to trust Zavvi since they're slow and **** though. They had the limited edition Animal Crossing 3DS XL listed for only 130 a few days ago. They then took it down (probably as soon as it was sold out), but put it back up about a day later at 250 saying 'sold out.' Obviously the 130 tag was oddly low, but it isn't right, 250 is farrr too much for it.

I just hope people check back and see how much they changed the order to if they don't get an email about it.

ShopTo tend to list things at quite a high price when they first go up, but then drop them down closer to release. I think they sold the first Pirate Warriors for 35.

Superbuu3
24-04-13, 09:58 AM
Zavvi is reliable as long as you never order when it says anything other than despatched within 24 hours. They fluctuate prices constantly they used to stay low during the week, but I assume the prices they were selling games at was not profitable to do it in general. I mean they sold games like Catherine for 14 pounds and disgaea games and those alchemist games for around a tenner which is way cheaper then elsewhere. I preorder Pirate warriors 1 for 25 pounds on there :). That said Shopto is just way better and there reward system is great so if i see it same price there i'll probably order from there.

Korin
24-04-13, 11:08 PM
Great... DR... guess I won't get it then.

Korin
24-04-13, 11:08 PM
If it was retail, I would've... I just hate DR's for games I have no knowledge about

Superbuu3
25-04-13, 01:56 PM
Whats DR? Are you referring to DRM?

Korin
26-05-13, 10:38 PM
Digital Release. Like no retail. Is this game coming out in Retail?

Superbuu3
27-05-13, 09:57 PM
Uh EU gets retail copies a lot of the koei games are digital as there's some weird rule in the US where games are supposed to have english audio.

Korin
27-05-13, 10:14 PM
Sega probably ****** up and that's why there is no Yakuza 5 on disc anymore, cause there deal with Sony ran out. and now Sony wants English audio despise being a Japanese company.

Thank god for Dynasty Warriors 8 being in English/Japanese.

ManaAlchemist
28-05-13, 04:48 PM
Sega probably ****** up and that's why there is no Yakuza 5 on disc anymore, cause there deal with Sony ran out. and now Sony wants English audio despise being a Japanese company.

Thank god for Dynasty Warriors 8 being in English/Japanese.

Sony might be "japanese", but SCEA (Sony Computer Entertainment of America) is still mostly run by americans as far as I know, which is why they require games to have English audio to get a retail release. Stupid as hell though, when some lazy developers like SEGA doesn't even care about dubbing all their games (hell even if Shining Tears got a retail release, they removed all voice acting instead of dubbing it).

But at least in the case of One Piece PW2, Americans can import it from europe if they want the retail edition.

Korin
28-05-13, 04:53 PM
Sega obviously payed SCEA to allow them to release Yakuza 3/4/Dead Souls in the Americas but now SEGA doesn't want to pay anymore, so SCEA says no thank you, we need English or the ******* money.

Korin
28-05-13, 04:54 PM
and how the **** did you become admin - do you work for KOEI?

Korin
28-05-13, 04:54 PM
And no way I'm importing it because that's gay ****. Guess I am not playing this game, but I will get DW8.